rocket

Build 1.7.1 Rolling Update

That's why games have beta/test servers' date=' don't roll out updates to every server and then see what happens.

[/quote']

But but but... this is still alpha so why would there be beta servers? As an alpha, every server IS a test server. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT.

Zombies spawn WAY TO FAST ... could not loot a deer stand, because when i killed all zeds, a new wave immediately spawned.

I have just played and I love this update. Zombies are much smarter and it's not easy to pass by them.

Now groups are more important then ever.

Good work.

Am i the only one with around 5 fps? Its totally unplayable and is there anyway i can fix this issue?

You are not the only one' date=' my fps is <10 on 1.7.1 but is fine if I join a 1.7.0 server :( Latest beta patch too..

[/quote']

My 1.7.1/latest AO beta framerate is very poor too. DayZ is practically turn-based at the moment ;)

Not tried any 1.7.0 servers yet, though. Will do more testing later.

Found a crashed huey, there was a muzzle flash constantly out of the minigun, there was no loot around it, there were 12 zombies around it, could kill them, they'd respawn next to me within 10 seconds. No loot inside the huey, no possibility to get the gear tab to show up. So what exactly did this patch fix?

Found a crashed huey' date=' there was a muzzle flash constantly out of the minigun, there was no loot around it, there were 12 zombies around it, could kill them, they'd respawn next to me within 10 seconds. No loot inside the huey, no possibility to get the gear tab to show up. So what exactly did this patch fix?

[/quote']

Exactly I have experienced the same, but I had like 20 zombies, no loots too :( .

Hey

Loving the update only problem ive come across is i seem to be stuck in unconscious i got shot by a bandit when straight out cold have the broken rolling pin sign on my hud but nothing else not even bleeding. Anyway else have this?

Am i the only one with around 5 fps? Its totally unplayable and is there anyway i can fix this issue?

You are not the only one' date=' my fps is <10 on 1.7.1 but is fine if I join a 1.7.0 server :( Latest beta patch too..

[/quote']

My 1.7.1/latest AO beta framerate is very poor too. DayZ is practically turn-based at the moment ;)

Not tried any 1.7.0 servers yet, though. Will do more testing later.

Seems to be just server specific for me so I guiess it's something at that end. Some servers have horrible fps, some give me a script kick and some are perfectly fine.

When you see a 'bandit' your heart beats that loud it can be heard 10+ meters away.... WTF?

20+ Zombies spawning on one tiny shed, zombies seeing you through hills, still seeing you through walls, loot instantly respawning etc etc etc etc etc etc

Honestly, what the fuck are you thinking? How does your mind work?... great concept but maybe you should hand over to someone with common sense and judgement.

I admin 4 servers and the amount of connection issues alone is retarted, ppl spawning as crows, heaps of ppl stuck on 'waiting for character to create, newbies tears of frustration... as well as vets, you're slowly killing you're creation.

Every patch provides very few good features/tweaks with a truck load of brain dead, over the top, unrealistic features/tweaks.

Every patch is worse than the one before it, its getting pretty pathetic.

When you see a 'bandit' your heart beats that loud it can be heard 10+ meters away.... WTF?

Wait, YOUR heartbeat (as the high humanity player) is heard by OTHERS when YOU look at a BANDIT?!??

any news for a possible framefix for 1.7.1? i really wanna try out the new patch but im stuck here in the forest becaues of my 1-5 constant FPS rate .....

20+ Zombies spawning on one tiny shed' date=' zombies seeing you through hills, still seeing you through walls, loot instantly respawning etc etc etc etc etc etc

Honestly, what the fuck are you thinking? How does your mind work?... great concept but maybe you should hand over to someone with common sense and judgement.

I admin 4 servers and the amount of connection issues alone is retarted, ppl spawning as crows, heaps of ppl stuck on 'waiting for character to create, newbies tears of frustration... as well as vets, you're slowly killing you're creation.

Every patch provides very few good features/tweaks with a truck load of brain dead, over the top, unrealistic features/tweaks.

[/quote']

That is not constructive criticism. If you're going to reply, please tell them something that they could benefit from (again, your educated opinion) rather than telling them off and calling them "retarted".

That heartbeat stuff misses totally the target. It's doesn't change the KoS problem, therefore it just annoys the people playing in group.

/full ack with i76

Adding features is good. But this is just of no use...

And remember its a Alpha/Beta, not a finished product, so it is just logically that if a new patch comes, there also will be new errors that hopefully get fixed soon. Also, your behaviour is just really low, dunno how you are in real life, but I would guess you would not have many friends if your behaviour is the same as here.

Things I can confirm working:

- Getting away from zombies by hiding in buildings in time to break LOS

- Running around buildings until zombie breaks LOS on corner, then huffing it

- Double barrel shotguns exist, high spawn rate

- Deer stands are still functional

- Aggro seems to be more in line with the displayed visibility / noise level

- Objects seem to be shielding visibility, any sound occlusion ray casting magic in there as well?

- Hills seem to work on occasion (tested it with the hill east of the Cherno construction site)

- Buildings break LOS as long as zombies are outside

Things that are weird:

- Spawn rate for new shottie is high dude

- Crouching directly when exiting a ladder results in a fall (might've been like that all along, not sure)

- Zombies are in ground sometimes inside of buildings (saw it in Berezino apartments, ground level)

- Zombie prostitutes price inflation is a little rapid for my money

- No wizards

20+ Zombies spawning on one tiny shed' date=' zombies seeing you through hills, still seeing you through walls, loot instantly respawning etc etc etc etc etc etc

[/quote']

Well, it's an alpha so it isn't bug free, sadly. For sure the zombies are bugging if they see through walls and can still attack through walls.

But if you don't like that the game is an alpha, stop to play for now, or propose solutions, because being unfriendly to rocket won't help at all.

I mean, you almost called him a retard, that's definitely not the best way to state your opinion.

I already lost so much tents and vehicles that I stopped counting but I still like it (of course, if the game wasn't an alpha or a beta I would be a bit sad).

What the hell is this shit? No pistol off spawn' date=' way to make the coast campable even more Rocket. I would say that is TRULY the greatest idea you've had thus far. So we go from a little chance to "fuck you guys you dont get a chance, get coast raped".

Thanks again for your Harvard level intelligence.

[/quote']

Best tears so far in the thread!

Awesome pic!!

well' date=' from startup page have a true pics.

http://dayzmod.com/images/gallery/dayz-gallery_p1.jpg

Rocket, give back 1.7.0

[/quote']

Good lags' date=' cant play, thanks, good job :D

[/quote']

Want to expand on that? The vast majority are playing just fine.

Six Updater could just as well be renamed Sux Updater. I don't like it' date=' it's not very elegantly developed at all, IMHO.

Mostly the clunky GUI is annoying, though. And I can't launch my apps through steam with it, for whatever reason.

Looking forward to trying 1.7.1 later today. :heart:

[/quote']

You are an idiot.

I have just played and I love this update. Zombies are much smarter and it's not easy to pass by them.

Now groups are more important then ever.

Good work.

QFT.

[/quote']

Nice "constructive" post there mate. :rolleyes:

My own take:

Just been playing the mod and it is a hell of alot more difficult to get started as it were.

The zeds do see you from further away but to combat that you can now shake off the zeds when they are chasing you. They will no longer run after you for ever. The LOS mechanic does work. You need to crawl more to get past zeds, takes more time but it works. Remember, if the zed isnt looking at you, he cant see you...

My first respawn after the patch and I didnt die. I managed to get a mak pistol, some ammo, food and a drink in that time. Oh and 2 bandages. Before I logged off I was down to ~ 8500 blood. That was my fault though.

All in a massive ramp up in difficulty but its in the right direction.

I reckon it would have been better to have regular servers spawn you with full gear as before, but maybe missing some supplies on Veteran and then only getting bandage, painkillers and flashlight on hardcore servers.

Spacing out the gear based on server difficulty level seems more fair. I'm not a bitch who can't handle hard games, I know DayZ is supposed to be a constant kick in the nuts, but I think my suggestion evens it out for all players, rather than make it unplayable for lots of people. [Edit] I am also aware that this is largely an experiment, but I'm not that fond of it at all, ideally would like full, standard gear to be kept as it was, across all difficulties.

Pleased with all the zombie fixes and that tents are placeable now though!

It seems like every server i go on, it shows up all the players spawn positions. 3rd person won't work and all the models are invisible. Every time i join a new server it pushes me right back to where i updated to 1.7.1 from 1.7.0.