Dancing.Russian.Man

Discussion of the standalone defecation\poo feature

taking a shit seems like a strange choice compared to urinating to me... urinating since it is typically done more often diet permitting, but both would actually affect say, a sniper. who has to get up and piss and possibly give away his position or leave himself vulnerable to someone watching him and waiting for this inevitable bodily function that people MUST do. honestly you KNOW that sooner or later, someone is going to have to pee or shit... that is when they will be vulnerable... that is what you will wait for before you run up to them with a hatchet. ever heard of catching someone with their pants down!? why the hell does it seem so absurd to people to include this? it affects tactics more than people seem to credit it for.

I think most people have missed one aspect here.

You're in the wilderness, presumably without toilet paper, clean water is a precious resource, and you have no soap.

How do you avoid getting sick when everything you touch is now covered in bacteria, and you have to eat with your hands.

In the crumbling of a civilization, I'd bet that the big killers in the first world nations would be the bugs that were formerly benign because of good sanitation habits. Less developed societies will have already built tolerance / immunity.

AC

It's no more voluntary than defecation. Both are natural "urges". Actually yes you can die from not masturbating or having sex. You would lose blood flow to your genitalia and you can guess what would happen. If someone tries to forcibly stop themselves from having sex or masturbating their body will force it out via wet dreams. So you can't really die from it as long as you're capable of wet dreams.

Anyway, someone said defecation is already implemented. Is it being rolled out in the next update?

You wanna link a source on that knowledge?

"If you don't use it, you lose it"?

I think it's an interesting idea to have it in the game, but I don't necessarily want/need to see my character take a shit if you know what I mean?

Are you worried about watching feces plop on the ground? Or is it the animation of a character squatting down? What do you picture in your head when they talk about this feature? I don't think it is going to be as graphic as people's imaginations are leading them to believe.

I honestly don't like the idea of defecation. They'd also have to implement urinating, clipping your nails, shaving, getting a hair cut, showering, I could go on. If they want to create a replica of real life, it's going to suck. There's only so far you can make a video game realistic before it becomes annoying. In the video he talks about places spreading disease, so if we get cancer we have to go through chemotherapy? Don't get me wrong these ideas are intriguing but I can't possibly see how they can be implemented without seriously stumping the currently amazing fun gameplay.

clipping of nails, shaving, hair cuts, showering are all not required for you to survive.... However you can't hold your shit or piss in forever.... Think about what you HAVE to do to survive not what you WANT to do.

Walking around looking out for poo?

Sounds... like a rich experience.

You know what I say go for it, implement it for a month and see how bad (or how good) this feature fits with dayz.

I can just picture people griefing with this.

Sniper in bush looking over electro

roll to sniper

drop pants

take shit

roll away

sniper now has aids.

• Like 2

We're not here to discuss masturbation. I'm not, at least. Just got redirected here from a topic I'd made- would just like to say that I hope that Rocket gets over this foolish idea quickly, and makes Zombies an actual threat.

glhf

Is it just me or has Rocket never said that players will take a dump?

From what i understand he says that places where lots of players and zombies congregate (ie the big cities) will be areas of disease risk because of shit/piss/dead bodies. From my understanding it will be assumed that players are shitting and pissing in these places and that dead bodies will harbour disease. I havent heard anything about motion capture sessions for players taking dumps in the forest.

If anyone can link me to a video/interview of Rocket saying, yes players will be able to lay a log in the Cherno supermarket, then i stand corrected.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 2

From all the beans I've eaten, I'm not too far from burning a hole in my pants.

its certain that shitting is a big problem when u live in forests. its daily task to seat on a treelog with ass hanging from the end and shitting into the right position (in the hole u dig under the forest seat). or just bending right down like one japanese person do but that feel strange to me. i prefer to hang seat on the end of some treelog u know. there should be a action to dig an hole with the hunting knife. then shit into this.. if it is on grasslands. if in the supermarket that is bad for disease spreading if someone makes a shit on a loot pile. anyway i am just saying that i want to have shitting in this game also because it is always one big issue in the forest life

• Like 1

its certain that shitting is a big problem when u live in forests. its daily task to seat on a treelog with ass hanging from the end and shitting into the right position (in the hole u dig under the forest seat). or just bending right down like one japanese person do but that feel strange to me. i prefer to hang seat on the end of some treelog u know. there should be a action to dig an hole with the hunting knife. then shit into this.. if it is on grasslands. if in the supermarket that is bad for disease spreading if someone makes a shit on a loot pile. anyway i am just saying that i want to have shitting in this game also because it is always one big issue in the forest life

Oh, I agree. It is a big issue in this forest life.

Man, I love DayZ and I really appreciate Rocket's innovation when it comes to games.

That's right, I said it, Rocket is innovating games with the poo feature.

Edited by t1337Dude

I'm surprised how 99% of people posting here think he was serious about the 19:39 comments revolving around defecation.

20:55 sums it up best. "Ah yeah so don't step in the poo." Ahahaha, sounds like a sense of humor and people are getting worked up over it, thinking its legit LOL