Dancing.Russian.Man

Discussion of the standalone defecation\poo feature

<br /><br />I'm thirty. And I'm serious, as well as my questions. Rocket is over thirty. He is not joking too. He also told, that coolest features in DayZ were the ones everyone else told him to be bad.

It's not always best to do the things that everyone else tells you won't work. I'm hoping he reconsiders the poo/disease thing. If not, we will have to see how it works.

I can't see having to defecate in dayz. It just doesn't fit it and unless it is implemented very carefully its going to end bad, very bad.

What I do think should be added is a hygiene meter. You get dirty when proning, in rain, melee zombies, administered first aid or bleed. And it would increase the risk to get infection so you would have to keep clean in rivers and ponds or showers.

That's respectable and realistic.

• Like 1

daeveman:

I hope Rocket does not implement this. I like the idea of infections, but not turning DayZ Standalone into a The Sims with zombies.

rocket:

I hope I implement alot of bad ideas. So that then' date=' we know they are bad. Then we can remove them and move on. If we stick to safe idea's, this isn't going to become a great game over the next few months - it will just be a cool idea and I'll try and spend the next ten years going around conventions talking about how cool it was. I'd rather follow all the dead ends so I know what works and what doesn't. I'm 31, I figure I've got a good 20 years of game making left in me. Let's make the mistakes! If we're not anxious about the new features that are being considered... then we're not pushing the envelope hard enough.[/quote']

Source - http://www.reddit.co...uestion/c77jpe3

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 1

lol. even if it's added it wont stop me from buying it. I dont complain about pooping in real life so why in a game? I mean we can just eat and drink and not need to go :huh: ? That sounds like a hax to me!! The real problem is where do you find toilet paper once its all gone????? 0.o So would you kill a man/woman for toilet paper?

So would you kill a man/woman for toilet paper?

we know we have all killed for less ;)

I personally welcome any mechanic that will drive away anyone so immature and insecure to make such a big deal about poop.

In my opinion, you mixed "mature" and "immature" around.

I dont think that the ability to run around, throwing poo after eachother is something that attracts mature gamers. Quite the opposite actually.

I might ofcourse be totally wrong, and i respect your opinion. I however, do not like this feature, since i find it abit disguesting, and dont think it belongs, or adds any value to any game, and that also goes for DayZ even though it is an "anti-game".

Edited by Conzolax

You relate masturbation to passing waste? What kind of upbringing did you have?

Unless you're twelve years old, sex and masturbation are just as natural as defecation. If you don't think so, then I question your upbringing.

I actually really like his attitude. The problem is lot's of devs will do what they want and ignore the community. Thought I can't think of any way defecation could possibly add any value whatsoever to the game, let's cross our fingers and hope he makes it work.

lol ... what now? ..... if you wanna defecate yourself ..... play Sims series

Root, are you aware that this feature is introduced by Rocket and is confirmed. You just offered Rocket to play sims :D

Anyone in Cherno?

Anyone in Cherno got any TP?

Relax guys, I know its hard to be patient these days but lets just wait and see. It might end up being a great addition. If not you'll have your soap box to stand on and complain about it when the time is right.

I honestly don't like the idea of defecation. They'd also have to implement urinating, clipping your nails, shaving, getting a hair cut, showering, I could go on. If they want to create a replica of real life, it's going to suck. There's only so far you can make a video game realistic before it becomes annoying. In the video he talks about places spreading disease, so if we get cancer we have to go through chemotherapy? Don't get me wrong these ideas are intriguing but I can't possibly see how they can be implemented without seriously stumping the currently amazing fun gameplay.

bingo. finding that balance between realism and gameplay is a really, really important aspect of game design. and rocket makes a lot of mention of trying new things, but at the same time it doesn't take a genius to realize where a lot of these ideas are completely and utterly absurd, and will do more damage to the game than add anything worthwhile. i'm sure it'll all get worked out, but if these are the kinds of things we can expect to stick around, then I'll be pretty bummed to see this go standalone.

• Like 1

hopefully we can add this with the dogs

i find the music suits it perfectly :lol:

"Hey Bandit wait a few minutes.... I gotta drop a deuce!" *Pendragon squats to drop a turd burgler* (Bandit aims and shoot the shit outta Pendragon)

Pendragon was humiliated while deficating.... "I hate DayZ!"

Having to take a shit in game is disgusting and ridiculous. What are we going to drop our pants and curl one out? I'm thinking this won't be the case but if it is it's just wrong.

Unless you're twelve years old, sex and masturbation are just as natural as defecation. If you don't think so, then I question your upbringing.

You know what? It was wrong of me to suggest your family would have coprophiliac tendencies. I got caught up in the internet.

My bad.

But the comparison of sex and poop is pretty far off, IMO. Sex is (mostly) voluntary. Nobody every unwittingly died from not masturbating. Feces, on the other hand, is meant to be expelled regularly, and can be a major health concern otherwise.

It's not necessarily about making it a more realistic world, just one in which it is harder to survive..

I really don't like the idea of defecating as part of the game. I find it ridiculous and laughable. I don't think I'm going to play this game if it happens. I'm all for the spread of diseases though, and why not have a vomit feature if you eat bad food or whatever, but I've got the feeling defecation will totally break the immersion (atmosphere being the #1 reason I love DayZ in the first place)

EDIT : The number of poo-related posts supposedly written by 6 year old boys who find this idea amazing "omg I can shit on bandits now rofl" just confirm my feelings about all this shit.

It's everyday part of life so why the hell should it be left out because of people like yaself who are ashamed to shit and piss.

You get hungry, u eat.

You eat, you shit.

It's that simple!

Jesus games have been the same old SHIT since I can remember doom2 on MSDOS!

• Like 1

I'm thirty. And I'm serious, as well as my questions. Rocket is over thirty. He is not joking too. He also told, that coolest features in DayZ were the ones everyone else told him to be bad. You're afraid of the unknown, and your imagination shows you the worst. Experimenting is the evolution. Alpha is for experiments. If defecation proves to be just a useless, disgusting, gameplay and immersion breaking feature - Rocket will replace it with something less authentic, some other balancing mechanics. I already can guess a couple of possible solutions, like making the process less visual and not interactive. Area just gets dirty if too many people hang around.

well said. look people, this is reasoning. and logic. and some maturity. oh, intelligence, too. you could take a leaf out of his book kids!

• Like 1

I've got it!!! The new image and ad for DayZ Stand Alone! This will tell people what its all about!!

PS As a friend said, "If I have to unzip my pants to play DayZ... I'll play something else." I agree. Good luck on your Defication Sim, tho. Sounds... awesome... (derp)

Gotta love the crusty texture on the extierior then the fresh, brown flesh inside.

But the comparison of sex and poop is pretty far off, IMO. Sex is (mostly) voluntary. Nobody every unwittingly died from not masturbating. Feces, on the other hand, is meant to be expelled regularly, and can be a major health concern otherwise.

It's not necessarily about making it a more realistic world, just one in which it is harder to survive..

It's no more voluntary than defecation. Both are natural "urges". Actually yes you can die from not masturbating or having sex. You would lose blood flow to your genitalia and you can guess what would happen. If someone tries to forcibly stop themselves from having sex or masturbating their body will force it out via wet dreams. So you can't really die from it as long as you're capable of wet dreams.

Anyway, someone said defecation is already implemented. Is it being rolled out in the next update?

I think it's an interesting idea to have it in the game, but I don't necessarily want/need to see my character take a shit if you know what I mean?

I honestly don't like the idea of defecation. They'd also have to implement urinating, clipping your nails, shaving, getting a hair cut, showering, I could go on. If they want to create a replica of real life, it's going to suck. There's only so far you can make a video game realistic before it becomes annoying. In the video he talks about places spreading disease, so if we get cancer we have to go through chemotherapy? Don't get me wrong these ideas are intriguing but I can't possibly see how they can be implemented without seriously stumping the currently amazing fun gameplay.

I just want to say that when he says that there will be places spreading disease, cancer is not one that will be 'spread'. use common sense.

he is talking about typhoid, malaria, things like that.

It's no more voluntary than defecation. Both are natural "urges". Actually yes you can die from not masturbating or having sex. You would lose blood flow to your genitalia and you can guess what would happen. If someone tries to forcibly stop themselves from having sex or masturbating their body will force it out via wet dreams. So you can't really die from it as long as you're capable of wet dreams.

Anyway, someone said defecation is already implemented. Is it being rolled out in the next update?

You cannot die from lack of sex or masturbation. where do people come up with this shit?