Sula

If you could make 3 specific changes what would they be?

Tie them up and rod them!? You dirty basterd! ;)

Well it would be better than putting a bullet in their head...... I'd love if someone rod (robbed) me and let me live. :D

Edited by Maca

Z always spawned

fix the night in this way. you can t see more than others by playing in graphik options

remove all huds

1. APB like character models with full cutomization

2. Real Physics like Havok, hell expende a little try Euphoria

3. Real Melee, directional combat like mount & blade warband

4. ?????

5. Profit

don't developers like money?

Oh thank you, Maca, you mentioned the one that I came and made this thread for but forgot what I was going to say! :o I don't want to not be able to use my axe just because I have a rifle, so what I'd really like is to be able to carry and use my axe to fight by just storing my rifle, not dropping it! :thumbsup: Hmm now I'm going to have to drop one of my first three choices. :huh:

• Like 1

1) More buildings of significance and creepy looking. Like someone said above a Police station, a haunted looking farm, a big church with a creepy graveyard, Ye olde docks with fog - I want to see some custom buildings here and there (have zombies crawl out the grave for instance (yeah i know they're infected..)) and make the current landscape more overgrown.

2) Zombies - I want herds like in walking dead so when I'm walking through the woods I might hear something then look up and I'm like "FUCK!" and I'm shitting it because these zombies need head shots and will grab hold of you and pin you down and eat you alive ripping out ur guts in front of ur eyes. In cities I want them everywhere like a plague, where you have to plan a route around them, where you can't exploit the engine to beat them - you make a mistake - you pay for it (but I don't want it impossible to get around the zeds)

3) Items - I'd like less guns and more items of value. Items that you can do things with to help you survive. If I risk going into a city, I get better items. If I go to little farms, i get shittier items but maybe more of them. In other words make the items the key things that we want. A bamboo stick + fishing line + hook + worm gives me a 30% chance to catch a fish - go into a city and get a proper rod and real, etc I have a 45% chance or whatever. The poncho I'm wearing can double as a tent, the camping cook kit I have can boil water so i don't get infected - the more interesting things we have here the more there is to do and trade over and maybe less to kill over. Make it so we have to make things out of things.

• Like 1

3) Make night easier to see. If I join a game and I'm off in the middle of the woods, I'm stuck. I really can't see anything and it's impossible for me to play. Of course, I'm sure others will say they find it easy but this is MY three things I'd genuinely want to see changed in DayZ to improve my enjoyment of playing.

abolutely no! that's what you flashlight is for. if you have a night were you can see everything, why have a night at all? not every night is star-bright and with a full moon.

• Like 1

1, A single player mode to the game.

2, A map creator / editor. This is mainly for reason 1, so a creator can play and share their creation.

3, A new forum for the SA, this is dayz mod.com

1. Make the hatchet an actual hatchet and not a woodcutting axe.

2. More vehicles, less gas.

3. Quickdraw your sidearm.

1) different ranges for direct communication. Like Whisper goes to 10m, Speaking goes to 30m and Yelling goes to 100m.

2) ability to post and leave notes. Could be used for wanted posters, advertising a trading post, no trespassing signs. (in game, not on the map)

3) some form of crafting.

1. Zombie (not bug infested) count x5

2. Good melee system

3. less guns and ammo (and no west military stuff)

Edited by Ephant

1: More character customisations, so you can recognize your friends on their looks. (shirts, jeans etc)

2: Able to run with my flashlight, without waving it around like an idiot :)

3: Lock Gamma and Brightness, and force people to use ingame items to be able to see at night. (Level the playing field)

abolutely no! that's what you flashlight is for. if you have a night were you can see everything, why have a night at all? not every night is star-bright and with a full moon.

No to your no! The nights are too dark - ridiculously dark. You should be able to see something AND need to use a torch as well. If you can't see anything in RL - why on earth would you go out in a zombie infested wasteland?

1. Vehicle parts common / Fuel rare

2. Zombies run indoors

3. Machetes

Not wall climbing machetes?

1. Zombies would gain the ability to grab, grapple, and tackle players.

2. A greater selection of items the players could use. (guns, clothes, cars, consumables, etc.)

3. The developers refuse to cater to the whiners. If anything they'd actively work to enrage them.

If any of these were to be answered please be #3!

Character customization, like clothes, shoes, hats, and choices should have an effect on gameplay, heavier clothes keep you warm but slow you down ect ect.

Wandering hordes of zeds that roam the map aimlessly and are attracted to gunfire/explosions/fire/ect.

Customizable weapons, the ability to add, say a scope to an m16 or a red dot sight to a shotgun would really add to the experience, doubly so if each attachment has pros and cons (weight of the gun being a con, the heavier a gun is the harder it is to bring up quickly and lug around)

1. Chernarus to have multiple islands, and spawn to be randomised (on the shore of..) said islands.

2. More dynamic situations build into the actual gameplay (crashed cargo planes, make contact with people outside of Chernarus, etc...)

3. An IQ test before your application to the forums is accepted.

Hi,

I'd like to get the following improvements:

- increased backpacks capability, in particular regarding the number of ammo clips (this feature should affect the movement rate for high weigth loads)

- the possibility to combine cartridges of several clips to fill empty clips

- get a chance to use almost every object as a weapon and to build some thing combining several items, so, for example, I could throw stones or get some scrap metal using it like a club until I get better equipment, fix a knife over a pole to get a lance, or to mount a flashlight on a gun using some tape.

1. A rare ultra strong infected called 'Rocket' that has a claw like abnormality on it's hand that can one shot you but has the ability to drop top end loot like a downed heli.

2. Skills within reason like Hunter (you get perks towards killing and skinning gutting animals) or Cook/Chef (perks towards cooking meat) and maybe Marksman etc.

3. Stackable items I.E. Magazines and Beans.

Edited by Darky1307

Three things eh?

1. Vehicles:

a - Allow us to remove parts from one vehicle and add them to another ("Car Stripping")

b - Add in a tow truck, allowing us to tow other vehicles around but of course make it hard to do unless on paved roads

c - Give boats some cargo space

d - Small boats should be able to go faster than 15km/h; only when one person is aboard

2. Items:

a - Weapons should be able to be modular; add sights, tac lights, foregrips and dual mag clamps

b - Different types of ammo; hollowpoint, armor piercing, dragon's breath (hehehe)

b2 - Incendiary grenades and tear gas canisters (edit)

c - As with cars; being able to damage and then fix weapons; breaking weapons down to basic parts to use in fixing others

d - Wearing the same clothing over time will show wear and tear (within reason).

3. Environment:

a - No longer able to drink directly from a stagnant pond; you must boil your water in a camp fire

b - You can chop wood from any tree.. not just the ones in a forest

c - Bears, wolf packs, deer, moose, vultures and zombie varieties of the previous mentioned

d - Slender and "The Rake" (only on rookie servers)

Edited by Slightly Mad
  • Like 1

1. Remove alot of Admin powers so they can't cheat in game.

2. Remove 3rd person or fix it so u can't look round corners.

3. Make fire fights a lot smoother so desync don't kill you.

1) Zombies running straight

Pansy.

I agree with your 2) & 3) though.

1) that mod for smoother movement getting implemented.

2) more depth to the zombie design. i.e: degradation over time (if unfed etc), more variation in movement/strength etc (although not tied to any 'skin') some thick ones, some brighter ones. (to reflect different stages of infection).

3) on map base building including, farming, basic biofuel production, ammo presses etc. (all would be fairly crude and a large effort to set up/maintain)

• Like 1

2) more depth to the zombie design. i.e: degradation over time (if unfed etc), more variation in movement/strength etc (although not tied to any 'skin') some thick ones, some brighter ones. (to reflect different stages of infection).

That's a great idea, I really like it. :beans:

FIRST....

More in depth icons on the side

Food - certain food being better and longer lasting then other food, with a correct timer that alters depending on expended energy. (also on weight of gear)

Drink - same thing as food

Gun - wear and tear depending on different aspects - weather - water - usage - amount of time used

temp - depending on - weather, clothes - water - weight

Blood - bullet damage = blood poisoning (slight loss of blood over time)

Maybe adding more icons

hygiene - you would have to wash or have a greater chance of catching a cold.

Stamina - better food/ drink, keeping on the move, = better stamina.

SECOND...

tranquilizers and poison

THIRD.....

removal of peripheral dots

1: Stop backpacks from destroying things

2: Zombies better pathing, run straighter and normal speed, but able to run in buildings. It`s annoying how hard they are to get headshots on, they move much too erratically.

3: Better balance for pistol. (shoot five 9 mils in someone`s chest, they run away. WTF)