Sign in to follow this  
Anarki (DayZ)

The whole zombie design is pretty flawed.

I seriously hope that stand alone will be better on that part.

I remember when I started playing Day Z, I was crawling around not to be detected, planning my route carefully to crawl between those two walkers so neither will detect me.

What do I do now?

I just run. I run like hell, doesn't matter if I aggro 0, 1 or 5 zombies, I will just rush to the building and then loot quickly whatever I need and then rush out.

And if they somehow block the door, I just run zig zag so they bug themselves outside the wall which opens up a way for me.

Also, once you find a tactic for zombies, it applies to all of them, everywhere. And even if stand alone fixes the issue with zombies bugging out or walking inside houses, it will still become tedious after a short while.

Now having few different human zombies (which are all basically the same) is not enough. If humans can be infected, why not all the living beings?

Cats, dogs, wolves, bears, birds. Imagine having to watch out not only for human zombies, but for birds as well (reminds me of the classic horror movie, Birds :)).

Or ditch the animals (might make the game not safe no matter where you are) and create 10 or so different zombies that behave differently.

Zombies won't walk indoors in SA. So there's that.

• Like 1

It's a mod. The zombies are basically modified soldiers using modified soldier AI. That's why you get the strange behaviour and the lack of variety. It's one of the reasons for making the SA. Things like this can be built from scratch rather than having to manipulate existing assets.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

You should do some research before complaining. Just, read Fraggle´s post above.

You wont be saying that once the Zeds chase you indoors. I think this change alone will make zombies 10x harder.

Hopefully they alert each other as well, so if one sees you and makes a bolt in your direction all others in the vicinity join in.

• Like 4

You wont be saying that once the Zeds chase you indoors. I think this change alone will make zombies 10x harder.

Hopefully they alert each other as well, so if one sees you and makes a bolt in your direction all others in the vicinity join in.

A small trip to Cherno to buy some supplies, OOPS, aggroed one, better run before I aggro whole Elektro too!

A small trip to Cherno to buy some supplies, OOPS, aggroed one, better run before I aggro whole Elektro too!

That's quite an impressive aggro distance there friend.

That's quite an impressive aggro distance there friend.

You don´t want to know what kind of sounds I make.

Don't the Zombie try and flank? My friend said that, it's kind of obvious they are based off Soldier AI though

You don´t want to know what kind of sounds I make.

If only the living human ears could detect the screams of a snail crawling through salt! Then we'd know... We'd know.

Don't the Zombie try and flank? My friend said that, it's kind of obvious they are based off Soldier AI though

Yup, they get a tad confused. The soldier AI is designed to make them flank/cover ect while the pretty basic Zed AI is trying to get them to act like rabid monsters. It's conflicting and explains the behaviour.

This'll be fixed in the standalone, I believe.

Pretty much what Fraggle said.

i can already see myself running inside a house hoping to find an axe or a gun, watching my back chased by a running pack of infected that i know won't stop running inside the building..

i would like more zombies especially in bigger places and around certain high loot places

so you have to fight your way in really. would make it more exciting to gt in places like stary sober for eg

would make it alot more tactical aswell entering certain places in stead of just running strait in

I see this everywhere and I hate it. I want zombies to be hard as fuck, but this would be cheap. You aggro one, it creates a chain reaction that will eventually get every zombie on you.

They should get dangerous in hordes, but this wouldn't be the best solution.

If zombies will be running indoors, will they at least stay outside if the doors are shut?

I like idea if the door is closed they wont get in.

They shouldnt hit harder, but they should hit accurate.

And different types of zombies, with special reward, so people kill them more often.

Lets say a "golden hatchet" from a Big Fat Lumberjack Zombie, just like NV Goggles from Pilot in Heli Crash.

Handguns and/or ammo from police officers zombies.

Ammo for rifles from Military Zombies

Special zombies, like runners, or very hard to kill (with lots of hp) that must have 2/3 shot to the head or 6/10 shot to the body.

More reward from killing zombies.

Edited by carpediembr

More zombies are confirmed. They are optimizing all the zombie models so they will probably be able to at least double the amount.

• Like 2

Agreed. I want tears of frustration pouring out of my eyes as I rage-quit vowing never to play the stupid game again.

Maybe there will finally be a point of setting up a base in the middle of NWAF to kill zombies.

There was something to be said for the original relentless, never quitting zombies. Once after leaving Berezino, I headed for the woods with a crawler after me. Got out of sight, when I passed the treeline, slowed down, maybe went afk for a short bio break, after a couple of minutes, I heard something behind me and saw a crawler slowly closing the distance.

Killed him with a single shot, but I was seriously freaked out, that this lonely guy had been hunting me for 5-15 minutes.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1