rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

...* [REMOVED] BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS From Loot table...interesting...would have prefered the AS50 because i know what I have killed with/been killed by more but oh well...and without the AS50 the L85 wouldn't have been so bad anyway. Who has found a legit spawned one anyway?

I've actually found legit spawns of both. The one character I don't use much (I have a few copies of the game so I can play with different groups) is going on something like 200 days played, 70ish hours spent and I've run across a number of chopper crashes with the AS50. They have one now as well, actually.

Why is this locked down again? What is the purpose? You make us have to crack the code in order to do cinematics which are NOT possible in the alternative editor, as you cannot turn off the cinematic's camera crosshair in the alternative editor.

If you want to lock something down in SP, then lock down everything BUT the editor.

"Crack the code" isn't the correct word choice. More or less "//" one line. You can still from the main menu press "Control + e" and it will load the 3D editor.

Having been playing 1.7.4.3 on the dev servers, it seems to me that street lights only serve to alert other players that someone is in that area. I for one was a bit nervous being one of three people on a server and the other two were in a helicopter flying over a town I'd just left. It's just a big "HERE I AM" for bandits. If all the street lights went on at night and they impacted whether or not you could be seen by the infected, that would be one thing. I must say, it does look cool, though.

So, no more L85? Yeah... it's not a very accurate gun, but the thermal scope made it a great spotter weapon. It was somewhat balanced by the narrow FOV and at night by fact that when it was clear skies, you only saw black background with no detail, crosshairs and only the heat coming off bodies.

• Like 1

Can we get the manual install files for this update from anywhere?

Can we get the manual install files for this update from anywhere?

Was posted a few pages back.

• Like 1

* [uPDATED] (*.1 Hotfix)Lowered As50 loot chance to 0.01

Anyone know the drop chance before the changes?

* [uPDATED] (*.1 Hotfix)Lowered As50 loot chance to 0.01

Anyone know the drop chance before the changes?

It was 0.02.

Edited by Pwnoz0r

Awesome work... i think you do have to be careful about implementing what is whined about the most though. Not that ill miss the aws, i dont use it, the server ive taken to playing on recently has custom weapons table and hasn't got them or AS50... or DMR... But it dosnt stop the whiners crying everytime they die... nor will this. Its just as the old saying goes, the empty vessel makes the most noise. (the last thing yah want is to end up like BF3 and nurfing and nuking weapons every update catering to the lowest common denominator)

Although adding a few weapons is always good... maybe the ACOG l85 :D

• Like 2

Question, though... what happens to those who have one? Is it simply no longer in the loot table or is it banned?

Getting the lights on should be a player event. Find parts, fix stuff, run wire, etc.

I understand the logistics of powering a city. It is in fact a daunting process that is probably beyond the scope of most of the people playing this game. However, so are most of the actions undertaken in this game. Like flying a helicopter, precision shooting, setting a satchel charge without blowing yourself to kingdom come, surviving oudoors, I mean, "realisticly" doesn't really apply to most of what goes on in this game. I would hazard a guess that half the people playing this game aren't old enough to drive, and of those who are, a good number of them can't operate a manual transmission.

It is all about suspension of disbelief, this is a fictional game in a fantasy setting, reality should at best ride shotgun to gameplay. I don't think you should be able to flip a switch and the whole map lights up, but I think that you should be able to fix things in a series and light up certain areas. I mean, lets face it, this game needs a few more things to do.

• Like 3

The streetlight change should never have been put in, it will be removed in a hotfix.

:(

What aspect of survival involves turning some lights on? It's a totally pointless idea. Just use your effing flares and torch. Otherwise, there's going to be piles of flares and chemlights that nobody ever uses that might as well be removed.

• Like 1

Did the auto-fixing vehicles stuff get dealt with?

I am wondering the same... If you repair a vehicle or find a vehicle fully repaired and damage it, you just get out and back in and its fully repaired. Was this fixed?

Edited by SWAT_Glock

Just wondering, how long does it take for a server to update? I got a server but it seems to be taking a while to actually have the option to update the server :/

I am wondering the same... If you repair a vehicle or find a vehicle fully repaired and damage it, you just get out and back in and its fully repaired. Was this fixed?

I kinda like the idea of having magical gnome mechanics repairing my vehicle when I get out.

• Like 1

Vehicle damage should have been fixed yes.

L85 was only removed from the loot tables the weapon can still be used just not longer can be found.

I had an email for the 1.7.4 update, downloaded from the link and patched my server.

When I join it says it's an incorrect version - 'you are running 1.7.4.4 and the server is 1.7.3'

Any ideas? I generated a new mission file too

The server needs to be updated. For server updates you need both @Client-1.7.4.4-Full and @Server-1.7.4.4-Full.

...Stupid question, PlaywithSix is the same as Six Updater/Six Launcher right?

Edit: As of looking at their site, I can see it is a new platform and an update. Do I just download PlaywithSix and uninstall Six Updater/ Six Launcher? Or do I delete all the files associated?

Edited by hungryhippo13

...Stupid question, PlaywithSix is the same as Six Updater/Six Launcher right?

Negativo - SIX Updater came first, SIX Launcher followed,

and Play withSIX is the latest and greatest.

However they do share the same distribution network.

Edited by Sickboy

I have installed @Server-1.7.4.4-Full from the link provided in the email (have even reinstalled it from a link given in this thread)

http://cdn.dayz.nu/l....7.4.4-Full.rar

For server updates you need both @Client-1.7.4.4-Full and @Server-1.7.4.4-Full. <<<<< tells you everything you need to know. You only installed one out of two files.

For server updates you need both @Client-1.7.4.4-Full and @Server-1.7.4.4-Full. <<<<< tells you everything you need to know. You only installed one out of two files.

No, I have updated my client with DayZ Commander and patched the server using @Server-1.7.4.4-Full

When I join it says 'you are running 1.7.4.4 and the server is running 1.7.3'