rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

I downloaded the new update, i started playing and a but later i had found a ghillie suit. Upon equipping it i got kicked because of Script restriction #41

Any help here? :s i don't wanna get banned for finding ghillie suits D:

They say it's a server-side issue = admins' problem, not devs. I currently have a ghillie suit too, and I'm about to log onto a public hive to see if it works...

Hey there,

we have the same issue on our server,

yesterday we found 2 ghillies and both player who tried to equip it were kicked by BattleEye

"Script restriction #41"

As well we have one player who is allready equiped with a ghillie, he doesnt get kicked, so it seems like its a new bug wich came in with the newest update isnt it?

However, im not that into the hole admninistration stuff so what and where do i have to change something to get it back working?

greetings

Swordsworn

WOW razor49, you sure assume alot that admins aren't bothered to fix their servers.I thnk you need to take a chill pill and devote some of that negative energy and help those of us who ask for help and or have put trouble tickets in. What exactly do we need to change in the filters to get rid of the script restriction 45. I haven't posted in here for a long time because nobody from the staff bothers to answer the questions asked or with a straight answer. There are alot of people waiting for the standalone but as the weeks go by waiting and the lousy support given, the community will move on to other games then people like yourself will be an after thought and Rockets dream will die (which i hope it doesn't).

So please take the very advice i have seen given here and be patient with us. not all of us are as gifted as you with esp and we need to be explained in poor common folk language your highness.

AMEN. For those of us who work hard as server admins but don't know what everything really means.. it is like a guessing game here with you guys sometimes. Can't be bothered is pretty rude statement. Some of us feel that way regarding BE and BI regarding some of the hacking we have to deal with at times. It would be helpful to have more guidance for server admins so we can do our best to improve our performance and serve our communities.

• Like 2

So... zombie apocalypse... cars wrecked, army gone and trashed, but HEY! Zombies kept the city lights on for you! lol

Spelling police alert: perpose purpose

Edited by Seddrik

gas + generator = light

This has probably suggested a million times, but would be very cool to be able to achieve this in the standalone :thumbsup:

For all the ppl who doesnt know about the female skin: I played a female char yesterday and she was a bandit! -_- Not sure about heroes though... No #45 kick too.

My question: DO THE UNBANNED VEHICLES SPAWN?! PLEASE ANSWER!!

Yes, you are superior with an L85 - in my opinion, thats okay. You find it, consider yourself being God and have some

fun, you'll die anyways. If you do damage and attack players, you increase your chance of getting killed. If you use it

from time to time, where's the problem?

Nice point. Moreover, I think it's a nice counter against ghillie people sitting in the bush. It gives the game a special thrill.

Has anyone been able to get the Mi-17_DZ to spawn?? I have all the other new vehicles spawned but this new chopper won't. :blush: Has anyone actually seen one on Chernarus anywhere in-game on ANY server??

Edited by mrjei

These are the reasons i think it should stay in the game, as well as the .50s :

- everyone has the chance of finding one. I agree, the chance is too high at the moment, although me and my mat found

4 L85 all in all, during 4 months. Thats not really too much, i guess.

- I wont say, it is not that strong, like i read here before. It gives a huge advantage (!), and it is meant to do so, if you ask me.

BUT: Having a L85 gives me that thrill, making me really afraid to die. Its not like running through Elektro with an AK,

i play extremely careful now for weeks.

Also, i stay in the north. The Cities are way too dangerous, so i stay the F away. I dont really believe L85s are so much of a

problem in Cherno, Elektro and so on..

Geared-Up players coming to the NWAF should know they could be shot. Most likely. That gun is a reward - it is the best Item

and as DayZ is really lacking an end game objective, it's the only reward i can imagine right now. Zeds are easy to counter, so..

Make it even harder to find, but it keeps people motivated to find something useful.

Plus, you can still die. Even with an L85 equipped and 2 more in the back pack, you can get hit with an axe in the face.

Even without having it, the constant fear of being observed through a thermal scope makes DayZ more interesting.

Yes, you are superior with an L85 - in my opinion, thats okay. You find it, consider yourself being God and have some

fun, you'll die anyways. If you do damage and attack players, you increase your chance of getting killed. If you use it

from time to time, where's the problem?

-Moreover, im pretty sure Hackers will keep spawning them in. Maybe patching back and then return to 1.7.4.4 with that

gun again. So making it e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y rare was the solution i'd prefer, as you can still have one without getting banned.

Thanks for the mention, Cymophane :) Your English is excellent I don't know what you're on about.

As for the L85, I've been playing since June or so and I have yet to find a single L85, except for one I looted off a dead bandit. It would be super rare already if it weren't for the widespread item duping. That said, I don't feel very strongly either way about this weapon. I suspect the main reason it was taken out is because the "Advanced Weapon Sight" (AWS) is completely fictional: it is a hybrid of two real-life sights, and I imagine Rocket took issue with that. Here's a quote from the L85's Wiki page:

The fictional AWS is a hybrid of the current CWS (Common Weapon Sight) and FTS (FIST Thermal Sight) deployed as part of the current BAF FIST (Future Integrated Soldier Technology) programme. It is not currently possible to mount both of these sights on a standard Picatinny L85A2. This "AWS" is comprised of the CWS Pilkington/Qioptiq MAXIKITE2 x6 image intensifier night scope and the FTS Qioptiq VIPIR-2 x2.7 LWTI (Light Weight Thermal Imaging) Uncooled Thermal sight.

So I don't think having a thermal sight in the game would be a bad thing necessarily, but as it stands now the L85 is not only fictional but also slightly overpowered, given that it has night-vision AND thermal imaging. Perhaps they could have removed the AWS and instead have the gun come with FTS only, but there are still plenty of ways to spot other players, even without thermal signatures.

It's true that some players will continue to spawn in new L85's, but that's a different problem. Seems to me the devs are trying to phase this weapon out, rather than banning it straight out of the gate, know what I mean? Besides, the QQing would be *endless* if they did that :D

actually the server I play on announced lastnight that the gun is now on the banned weapons list, and to drop it if you have one. it makes sense, otherwise scripters will just hack them in

obviously not every server does that, but at the same time I'm sure plenty will do something similar

Makes perfect sense to me. If they are going to remove the L85, I would just as soon like to see it banned, not because I have a grudge against L85 users but because of the duping/spawning problem.

we have the same issue on our server,

yesterday we found 2 ghillies and both player who tried to equip it were kicked by BattleEye

"Script restriction #41"

As well we have one player who is allready equiped with a ghillie, he doesnt get kicked, so it seems like its a new bug wich came in with the newest update isnt it?

However, im not that into the hole admninistration stuff so what and where do i have to change something to get it back working?

This (I think it's the same for #45 and #41):

Regarding Script restriction #45:

It's easy to fix for server admins. Unfortunately many admins are not capable of doing their job.... But I'm sure it will be updated by Dwarden soon.

In the mean time:

scripts.txt

Find: 5 setHit

Add: !"[player,\"legs\", (_fractures select 0)] call object_setHit;" !"[player,\"hands\", (_fractures select 1)] call object_setHit;"

Edit:

Add also this for setHit: !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_setHit.sqf"

• Like 1

Sweet! Where did you find it?

The place we don't go to no more.

• Like 2

Thanks for the update!

• Compared to the last update I appreciate that you now emailed the server admins so that they are made aware of the update.
  • Nevertheless I think you can still improve the way you approach admins when they have questions and in general the way how informations are spread.
    Instead of moaning that "they [server admins] are not capable to do their job" and/or sometimes reply with nonsense, unobjective smartass comments (looking at https://github.com/R4Z0R49 ) when ppl have problems and ask for help.
    Please keep in mind that at least some admins are paying with their own hard earned cash to rent & run a server and also spent a lot time to maintain and defend it against hackers - beside their usual real life jobs and private commitments. Not everybody can constantly check all sources of information or be in IRC 24/7 to learn about the latest tweaks. And with a proper - probably optional self-updating server - this should not be necessary in the first place. I hope that standalone will deliver some of that.

Edited by s0ylent
  • Like 2

Good work dev's.

Maybe next step should be adding a battery for all electronic equipement with limited live? NVG, GPS, Rfinder, even AIMpoint weapon.

I think also the battery should not use any space in the inventory... like the crossbow bolt... it doesnt take much space in real life so... should take a slot for one unit...

* [REMOVED] BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS From Loot table.

Why ?? Cos of the cry babies that say its over powered when its not? Its a good scope, on an aweful rifle that is only good upto 300m, yet the scope zooms to like 12x which renders the gun almost useless. Its a great tool for night time operations and im a bit sad you've chosen to remove it.

Guess I'll have to manually re-add it on my private hive server, lol

i guess so, too. and it's a good thing that you guys stay on your own little private hives where you can hack the mod files like you want, and don't need to bother the regular players with your demands / cries.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly which code was changed, but my server is crashing to desktop about once every hour (with 40-50 players). I have had exactly 1 crash in the 3 months prior. My friend's server is having the same issue and he's on the official hive. ANY IDEAS??? :huh:

For serverhosters:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/108044-message-to-serverhosters-2012-11-23/

For normal players:

We will be releasing new test client builds shortly (inofficially the 1.7.5 branch).

Testing will be done on the community devtest servers. Either CommunityDev or www.DayZ.nu (same as the CDN) .

Important: Never download files from thirdparty sources, only Six, DayZcommander and the CDN is supported at this time.

A lot of people who got their CD keys banned while not actually been cheated often had their CD keys stolen through 'thirdparty tools' or sites , always be careful when you download anything elsewhere.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly which code was changed, but my server is crashing to desktop about once every hour (with 40-50 players). I have had exactly 1 crash in the 3 months prior. My friend's server is having the same issue and he's on the official hive. ANY IDEAS??? :huh:

Make sure you update ALL files. Including database.dll .

If you have issues on 99202, try another arma2 build. Only 98866 is officially supported at the moment.

If you still get a crashlog, or dumpfile. Please send it to us so we can investigate.

Hurrah!!!

At last devs remove L85 and .50 Cal, but add streetlights in cities, dogs and other useless trash!!!

Pretty strange way of thinking, because L85 is nothing more but spotter tool.

Try to think (i mean it) by yourself.

You remove L85 and there will be no more nighttime evil thermal snipers on the hill!!! Good.

But then you ask streetlight in cities, barking dogs, and anyone with eyes, ears and gun still can shoot you directly in your ass (or chop you in the ass with Mighty Axe). Without any thermal sights.

Really, how could you know, was your killer armed with L85 or maybe another far more accurate 5.56mm rifle?

Most L85 hacked? Are you serious? I'm asking because i'm personally found lots of them at helicrashes. Dont even bother to count how many times, but far more than 20.

Remove .50 cal cause they way to good for CQB (and hacked too)? .50 is good for CQB ONLY on crosshair enabled pussy servers.

You play in a game about SURVIVAL. So just stop crying and play in hardcore without crosshair, 3d person, map markings, waypoints and you will be really enjoed by finding helicrash with rare hardware. This will bring some sense into your pointless running on Chernarus fields and improve your perception, intuition and tactical skills.

If devs still will pay attention to "this gun is OP - we must ban it" cries, there will be no DayZ with survival but just noobs foot (cars cause some peoples cry "i can't find a car, most cars r hacked and OP and must be banned") excursions into abandoned country, or just a sitting and in cafe

All changes needed for hi-tech equipment is only make it depends on powersource. Place batteries for equipment in civilian buildings or charge hi-tech piece from vehicles or plain powergens. So there will be no "from restart to restart powered" nighttime NVG or thermal mode L85. It will be enough to make hitech guys feel uncomfortable on constant spotting of NWAF, Stary Sobor or whatever.

Wait so no more L85 period? i found 2 the other day =(

BAPBAP QQ

Learn to read, that's the first step to enlightenment. First, .50 cals are only rarer now. Rare doesnt mean that something doesn't exist at all. Streetlights were never meant to be part of update - hotfix for that. Weapon variety is good but what really fits this kind of game? This is survival, not your arcade deathmatch game like Battlefields. I f****ng prefer sticks and stones over laser guided missiles and latest weapon tech which seem to be so important for some people. Thermal vision was easy mode, period. What skill it requires to sit on a hill and spot everyone within a mile? And then shoot them with freaking antimaterial rifle. Ridiculous.

New features and updates = trash in your opinion? More .50 cals and hyper-dyper weapons? Go play something else then, this is clearly not your game. Or try Namalsk map where your dear weapons still exists. There exists pretty much dozens of other games where you can satisfy your high tech weapon fetish.

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 1