PearShaped

Standalone HD skins...

I think it's the private military collection.

It's $5 on steam right now :o

but if I'll get the SA why spend more on A2...

decisions... decisions...

Just curious if the DayZ standalone will still utilize content from the ArmA 2 game and its DLCs. In other words, will the character textures of survivors and camo clothing still be blurry without the ArmA 2 DLCs installed, or will that no longer be an issue?

The DLCs are only 5 or 6 bucks now, thanks to Black Friday on Steam. So yeah, I'd totally appreciate your responses.

Might get them anyway since ArmA 2 is fun even without DayZ and ArmA 3 won't fully release for at least a few months. But nevertheless I'm still curious about this! So yeah, thanks in advance! :D

Everything you need for the standalone, will be included, so the only thing you need to buy is 15 euro standalone.

The Standalone is likely to utilize a few graphical enhancements from Arma II, but overall, most graphic detail will have to be dealt by the developers. The DLC just allow HD Textures, so who knows if Rocket will make new textures or reuse old ones.

It's $5 on steam right now :o

but if I'll get the SA why spend more on A2...

decisions... decisions...

Because.. You shouldnt buy it FOR DayZ.

Private Military is actually a very fun dlc.

• Like 1

Hmm... well, I bought the DLC packs anyway. Good deals on them all and totally recommend you guys get them. Private Company improves survivor character textures with HD textures, British Armed Forces improves camo clothing and ghillie camo with HD textures, and Czech Republic DLC (I believe) improves the dog texture. They also make other subtle improvements with weaponry and scopes.

Appreciate the feedback btw. :beans:

• Like 2

Well once you get the DLC, you can't go back to the free lite version's poor graphics. :)

Even if you wont need the DLC for the standalone, there's still good use of it. Either if you keep playing ArmA 2 until ArmA 3 is released or if you keep playing the dayzmod(not the standalone), because you still enjoy the mod and all it's user created maps.

Just curious if the DayZ standalone will still utilize content from the ArmA 2 game and its DLCs.

The Standalone is likely to utilize a few graphical enhancements from Arma II.

Standalone; Independent

1. not dependent; not contingent or depending on something else

That said, DayZ standalone will use only assets you get by buying the DayZ standalone.

There is currently no existing or announced DLC for the standalone version of DayZ.

• Like 1

Because.. You shouldnt buy it FOR DayZ.

Private Military is actually a very fun dlc.

But I don't play Arma... except to practice my chopper skills.

But I don't play Arma... except to practice my chopper skills.

DayZ isn't the only "non-military" mod. There's the life mods, different zombie mods, and so forth. Go check out the mod section at armaholics.

DayZ isn't the only "non-military" mod. There's the life mods, different zombie mods, and so forth. Go check out the mod section at armaholics.

Okay thanks, already found 2 mods I'm interested in :P

Hats. I want racks of hats. RACKS AND RACKS OF HATS ! i want so many hats no one will be able to tell if i am coming, going ,right side up or left side inside out! ! HAAAAAAAAATTTTS!!!

Or at least a polished helmet.

I think this is a referense to warrrrrrrr........nvm that name is forbidden here. Its that OTHER zombie game......the only fun thing to do on it is.....collect hats

Maybe the standalone skins will be HD by default? lol I'd just wait for the standalone release. Those skinpacks will always be there and guaranteed to have another sale and you can find out more then, though I don't think they'd play a part in the DayZ standalone release.

i want a black hoodie a cap(a "cap" or just a normal hat) or a robbers mask and then either chinos in any colour or adidas pants or anything then mi going to have a mexican or greece skin and play gangsta :D