My funniest story ever was when my friend and I were running to Devil's castle and we then realize that we were both red on food and neither of us had any.(Our friend other friend was carrying it all... He left us) So we running around the entire map looking for food and I just remembered that I had matches and he had a hatchet, so I was like KILL ANIMALS NOAW! Anyways we were running through the forest and we see a bunny, my friend with a CZ 550 is like I SEE A F*&%ING BUNNY... *BANG* SON OF B*%&H... He missed and then lost it. We looked at our map and saw a church nearby and we were hungry for some holy beans, so we ran to it. As we are running he screams as loud as he can COOOOWWWW... *BANG* I F@$%^&G GOT IT! We ran to it and we scavenged it and continued walking. We see a crashed heli, we were so excited hence our first time going north + Heli = GOOD GUNS. We see a few zombies and we say well lets kill'em but little did we know Stary Sobor was right next to it... Over 60 zombies came running at us. I died, he found a bike and met up with me in Cherno. That is my adventure to the north... Now I'm in International Airport killing Bandits and living stable in the air traffic control tower.

A week in life of post-apocalyptic Chernarus [4/7]

In the morning, as I was still laying down, I thought I heard something nearby. I could hear the leaves shuffle on the ground, and the sound of bushes as something was passing by. It is remarkable how when facing life-threatening situations your senses sharpen. I grab hold of my rifle, and slowly looked down the sight. It was a rabbit. A loud bang coming from my rifle echoed through the misty morning, heralding my dinner. I gutted the animal, took the meat and moved slowly towards the village I saw yesterday.

The name of the village was Dolina (a valley in English), a well suited name for such a small picturesque village laying in the midst of misty valley. I have noticed a big barn, and a restaurant that I wanted to check out. I really needed a map. As I came to the village the silence was deafening. It was quiet. Too quiet. I checked out the barn, found a couple of bandages, a hatchet, and some spare car parts. Not much, but the bandages will come in handy. I took the hatchet as well, you never know...

As I was approaching restaurant I saw a dead zed. The alarm bell in my head started to go off. Someone was here before. Is he still here ? I snook into the restaurant, took a box of matches from the floor, together with one can of coke. I could swear I heard footsteps on the top floor. One thing for sure, I will not stick long enough to find out. I went round the corner and ran as fast as my feet would carry me north towards the closest tree line. I never found out if there was someone in the village or not. Then again, I guess there are some things you just don't want to know.

I spent better part of the day following the road northwards. At some point, I figured it might be a good idea to climb to a high ground and get my bearings. The climb was slow, but the view was well worth it. From the summit I could clearly see the outline of Dolina where I came from, as well as one other village towards the north. I chopped a bit of wood, and made a campfire in an abandoned factory nearby. I cooked the rabbit I killed this morning, and treated myself to a nice juicy steak. Life was good again. I put out the campfire shortly thereafter as I did not want it to glow in the night giving up my location.

I have decided to hit the sack early, as tomorrow I will try to get that map.

The next morning I have descended the mountain, and into the village of Polana. I gave it a quick recon before entering. It was a decent sized town, with a supermarket in the centre. Bingo. That is what I should hit. This town was swarming with zeds, but over the time I have somehow learned on how to deal with them. I was unsure if I was glad or not to see them. At least I knew that they will be my eyes and ears while I sneak through the supermarket. After an hour or so of sneaking around I have managed to gain access to the supermarket. Great success !!!

The supermarket was loaded with goods. I found my map, finally, together with a pair of binoculars, a M1911 gun, and 5 clips. I had one of those in the army, and I knew what damage it can dish out. Time to leave my Makarov behind. In the back of the supermarket, I hit a jackpot: a czech backpack, and lots of food and drinks. It was like Christmas has come. I was so busy stocking up that I did not notice a zed creeping up from behind me. A sharp thud followed by a growl brought me quickly back to reality. I took out my M1911 and fired a round in him. He was gone, but his buddies were not...

A couple of minutes and a dozen of corpses later I was back at the beginning. Zeds chasing me out of town, through some dirt road, and up the hill. I took them out one by one eventually, but some of them managed to hit me. No bites though. I could not believe my luck. I patched up, and ate a couple of beans, to recover my strength. As I looked towards the valley below, I saw a gust of black smoke coming from just outside of the Polana. Could it be a campfire ? No way, the smoke was far too thick. I took out my binoculars, and I could not believe my eyes. A helicopter crash site...

I ran over to investigate, but the zeds have beaten me to the punch. I could not save the crew. They were already undead. I dispatched them with several shots from my Winchester, and checked the helicopter for some supplies. I found a frag grenade, a smoke grenade, and some camouflage clothing. I quickly ran off, knowing that if I saw that smoke, so could someone else.

Given the fact I was short on medical supplies, I have decided to go for the city of Berezino, and get some from the local hospital. Now that was a mistake, and the one that would cost me....

A week in life of post-apocalyptic Chernarus [5/7]

I knew that cities were teeming with hordes of zeds, as well as survivors desperately trying to scavenge for food, ammo, and medical supplies. Berezino was no exception. I managed to sneak passed the zeds to the hospital but the door was closed. The only way in was through the glass doors. Screw it, I figured, I did not come all the way here for nothing. I shot the door, breaking the glass, and inviting every bloody zed in a nearby radius to join the party.

They were coming in endless waves. I do not remember ever seeing so many zeds. It was like the whole town was coming for dinner, and I was the main course. I decided to make them work for their meal, and sure as hell I did. I can not remember how many of them came, all I remember that I have expended all of my ammo, both for the rifle and gun alike. I was out. I needed to come up with something fast.

I threw a smoke grenade to lure them away from me, and made a sprint for a nearby supermarket. Thankfully, this one was loaded with ammo for my rifle. Just what I needed. I also swapped my M1911 for a revolver with 4 clips and taken out the remaining zeds as they came after me. I was safe...or at least I thought so.

As I scavenged through the supermarket, finding an ALICE backpack, and filling it with ammo, food and other supplies, I turned my back on the supermarket entrance. Big mistake. One would think I have learned my lesson last time. Evidently, I did not. Several shots and a sharp pain in my leg reminded me of my stupidity. I knew that sound all too well. I fought against it in the 'corps. It was an AK74...

Instinctively, I dropped to the ground, and with almost cat-like reflexes turned around while doing so. I saw a guy in a cap holding an AK74 firing directly at me. Bastard. I rolled to my left and fired a couple of rounds from my trusted Winchester, hitting him in the chest. Next couple of seconds seemed to last an eternity...

The world was starting to go black, my vision was blurring. I knew I hit him, but I did not think he was dead. I gathered my strength and lobbed my frag grenade towards the supermarket entrance. I heard a deafening explosion, and then all went dark.

A week in life of post-apocalyptic Chernarus [6/7]

I regained my consciousness shortly thereafter. While still bleeding badly, I somehow managed to bandage myself. My vision was blurred to the point I could only recognize outlines, and I could hear my heart pounding. I was so weak that I was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness. I used brief moments of sanity to try as recover as much as I could. Fortunately, I had an ample supply of food and drinks in my backpack, and there were still some cans left on the supermarket floor. I still had no knowledge what happened to my attacker.

I tried calling for help, but there was no answer. The fate has a twisted sense of humor it seems. I was lying, leg broken in the puddle of my own blood, with 2 blood bags in my backpack ready for transfusion, and noone near to administer it. The canned beans from my backpack gave me a little strength, enough to stop falling unconscious. The world was still a big blur and my heart was pounding like crazy. I was better, but still very far from OK. It seemed like I will be staying here for a while...

The night was falling, I could tell by the big white blob, which I believed to be store window was going more and more grey, and towards pitch black. I decided to use little remaining daylight to scour the store for some supplies. I managed to find some extra bandages, and painkillers, so I put them to good use. No morphine though. Damn. I knew I could not get out of the store without one. I knew I could survive on in-store supplies for a couple of days, but then what ? I need to think about my next move. Ah, well time to go to sleep. I'll contemplate my plan tomorrow...

A week in life of post-apocalyptic Chernarus [7/7]

The next morning I have crawled to the supermarket entrance. It was the same entrance at which I have thrown a frag grenade yesterday. I wanted to scout the area a bit. The first thing I have noticed was a body of another survivor lying prone in a puddle of blood, hand still clinching to the AK74. I guess I got my answer. This clearly was the guy that attacked me. Idiot. He might as well have asked me if I was friendly instead of shooting me outright. I had more than enough supplies and would not mind sharing them. He had it coming. We, all do. It's just a matter of time....

The good news was that he had some morphine on him, so I used it to fix my broken leg. It will be a while before I will be able to run, but at least I will not be confined to this supermarket. Its appealing location is bound to attract more survivors or bandits alike. I decided it was time for me to go. On the way here I have noticed a small restaurant just a block away. I will try to make it to the restaurant, grab some food and drinks and stay overnight. Small steps.

I got out of the supermarket and started making my way towards the restaurant. The sun was still high in the sky, and the occasional bird song heard here and there was interrupted by moaning of nearby zed. In the distance I saw a horde of zeds chasing some guy down the road. Eventually he stumbled on a road block, and the zeds were quickly over him. Poor bastard never stood a chance. For a brief moment I considered helping him, but I was not in a condition to fight. Besides, who would guarantee he wouldn't shoot me and take my stuff. Evidently, recent events have really taken a toll on me. I found it hard to trust people.

I entered the restaurant and went to the second floor. Saw a guy with a shotgun pointed at me. I tried to ask him if he was friendly, but his shotgun fired interrupting our conversation. My number was up....

• Like 1

My car was running out of fuel. I drove over to the gas station East of Gorka. I left my car about 100m away, grabbed a jerry can, and went over. Filled up the can, started to leave, when I heard the sound of an engine. First thought: OH S&%T! Somebody's found my car. About 10 seconds later, after I saw it was a different car: OH S&%T! He's gonna kill me! He had by now attracted all the zombies at the station, and I was looking at them down the scope of my M14 AIM. He stopped, honked the horn, and I started to move towards him. He drove off before I could get in - the zombies had caught up. I figured he was probably friendly, and went to get my car.

I followed his trail a way down the road, found him returning after having lost the zombies. Anyway, we watched each others backs as we refuelled, and after that, went our separate ways. Massive amounts of credit to him - he could easily have shot me any time, but stayed his hand, even after seeing my FN FAL and M14 that I had in the car. Things like that almost make me reconsider my life of banditry (I didn't kill him because I tend not to shoot on sight if you see me first, unless I'm cornered and you haven't made any attempt to show that you're friendly).

Literally just happened.

Me and my friend were outside of Elektro, by the power station at the edge of the city. We had been there a while, trying to exact revenge on these two snipers that had killed us three times before.

We managed to get one of them, and the other aborted before we could get him.

This left me with an Enfield, and my friend with a M19. Not a lot of ammo, though, which left us in an awkward position.

We had everything we needed to go self-sufficient except an axe and matches.

I went out, shot a cow and gutted it, while my friend was looting the tower of the power station.

And right as I look up from looting the cow, there's a guy, prone in the grass, shotgun pointed at me. I freak out but manage to not gun him down (I'm a nice person like that.) And try to talk to me.

Turns out he's friendly, and looking to scavenge Elektro. So the three of us team up, and decide to look for matches. We find one in a barn, and decide to go to the hospital.

On the way, something messed up on the stranger's game, and he fired off an Enfield shot. Zombies literally surrounded us at that point, and we booked it.

My friend was split off, so me and the stranger holed up in a building, where we found the last piece we needed, an axe.

We grabbed it and ran, but we were split up in the process. The stranger getting the zombie aggro.

I never got his name, which is a shame, cuz he was the first person we met who didn't try to kill us on sight.

A pretty mediocre story, I know, but this is day 2 of owning DayZ, and it was awesome. And that guy, saved my ASS.

Today, I was scavenging with two other guys.

After ALMOST dying a few times to mean players, but getting together all the gear we wanted, one of us had to go.

So then it was just me and the guy I regularly play with.

We were near Berezino, looking at one of the grocery stores from the hills, seeing someone shooting some zombies. We watched him for some time, and saw he had a buddy with him, too.

Right as we were about to log out, I looked through my binoculars again....

Just a few houses down the road from the grocery store was something blue.... It had wheels...

We got in closer, and I checked on the wiki. It was a S1203 van!

As we got closer to the car, so did the zombies. And right before we got close enough to get in, my mate saw two guys, probably the ones from before, near some appartments.

Hastily, I hopped into the driver's seat, waited for my friend to get in and then drove off honking the horn a few times and laughing manically in teamspeak.

After some time with the car we managed to get everything together to fix up every part of it again, even got glass for every window.

The car is now hidden, waiting for us to return to pick people up and probably drive through cherno playing loud music.

My first proper game of Day Z has left me questioning my morals. I tentatively explore a few barns' date=' find some ammo for various weapons I can only dream of finding, cans of pop and an axe. I follow a road into what looks like warehouses to find a load of dead soldiers strewn about...worried, I run off across a field only to hear loudly "Stop running or I'll shoot!". Obviously, I stop running. Just beside me is a guy brandishing an AK - its sights aimed right at me. I don't know what to do, I don't even know how to use chat! "Do you speak? Say something. Use chat. Anything. Come on buddy I'll shoot you." Still, that doesn't help I don't know how to use these features. "Caps lock if you speak buddy you have 5 seconds." I hit caps lock as fast as I can and shout "Im cool Im cool Im unarmed dont shoot!".

What follows is a pleasant discussion about Day Z, how I shouldn't run around aimlessly and should try to let people know where I am and what I'm doing. This guy was cool. He teaches me how to use some stuff and runs me around a bit. I learn from him. I learn how to approach settlements and look after myself. He spots another player in danger and tries to help but its too late, she dies. This guy is a good'un. We come across a rabbit and he explains that if I had a hunting knife I could get meat from it. I tell him all I have is an axe....

Being as helpful as he ever was, he tells me how to arm myself with it. "There you go!" He exclaims with joy "Now you're ready to defend yourself until you get a gun".

I spend the next 15 mins running around with him, but something is eating away at me. I have an axe. He has an AK and god knows what else in that back pack of his. I find myself running along with him, weaving in and out of his path with my finger hovering over the mouse button. You can't do this I think to myself. This is a good guy.

"Holy shit! Zombies! Lots of em!" He swings around wildly looking for them and I bare down on him with my axe swinging like a deranged psychopath. I don't know why he didn't fire. Maybe he didn't really have a clue what was happening, but for what seemed like an eternity I smashed him him with my axe.

So, now I have an AK and a backpack of food, ammo and water. But as i sit there munching on a steak and stroking my shiny AK...I am haunted by the image of this guy and have an overwhelming feeling of guilt.

Maybe I should head out and try to help some players to make up for it...

[/quote']

Holy shit, you are everything that is wrong with this game's PvP....

It was a bad day for me in DayZ. Including losing some sweet guns to item eating backpacks and tents, I had to watch a player steal my M9SD with 5 mags and get away scott-free because zombies had me trapped on the Firestation roof. I put my M9SD down to use my flashlight to explore the firestation, found some nice loot including a PDW, and I'm making my way down to the firestation floor from the 4 level tower, and sure enough I get sucked through the wall onto the firestation roof (happened to me twice already before this) and as soon as I get to the ladder to climb down, a zed horde gathers at the bottom, literally like 6 of them. They wouldn't climb the ladder either, they just stayed right down there. I figured I'd wait em out, and 3 minutes later I see a flare coming from inside the station. I'm like "Shit my M9SD!" I go to the edge of the roof to look down at the ground and sure enough a player walks out holding my M9SD and heads for the Supermarket with it, he hugged the wall so I couldn't get a shot at him, but I saw the zombies chase him so I'm like "dammit, I'm getting my gun back!" Went down the ladder, went into the station grabbed the G17 he dropped and headed after him and the Zombie horde following him, I got 40 feet when a zombie ambushed me outta nowhere, didn't have the G17 loaded, cuz I was only thinking on getting my M9 back and this zombie is smacking me in the face while I'm trying to shoot him or reload the gun, whichever happens first, I get the gun reloaded, but for some reason it was shooting at the ground even tho i was looking right at the zombies chest. Needless to say he broke my bones, and then proceeded to devour my intestines as I fell over unconscious. Just as I saw a new flare spring up around the Supermarket. I respawned at Prigorodki and ran my ass off back to the Firestation, hoping the guy didn't hear my crazy desperate gunshots, and secretly hoping he got ate by the zombies as well. I ran so fast, so carelessly and somehow managed to make it back to the firestation without a single zombie following me, I see my corpse, and my first thought is "oh no! what if he came back looted me?" but as I got closer, and hid behind my corpse in the shadows, I found out he didn't. Which only reinforced my thoughts that he suffered an equally brutal demise at the Supermarket. All his flares had died out by now. I salvaged my gear and crawled to the Supermarket. "No mistakes this time!" I said to myself. I crept in the back of the Supermarket, not daring to use the G17's flashlight incase Mr.Stole-My-Gun was still inside, and breathing. I happened to notice the surplus of loot, a ALICE Backpack, a Crossbow, a Makarov, enough Soda and Canned food to feed an army for a year, and this made me really believe my tormentor was deceased. I searched the entire store, and I searched it again, and I searched the street outside, for anything, a clue, a zombie corpse, or better yet a human corpse. I had never wanted to find someone dead so bad in my life. But all I could think about was the hours it took me of scavenging Airfields to find that beautiful silent killer. Then it hit me like a brick, he must of disconnected to drop the zombies on his tail. I'll never find my M9SD now I thought. After searching the strangely quiet streets, I crawled back into the Supermarket, empty handed. I picked the Supermarket dry in silence. Sometimes I crawled by a moonlit window, the light showing the grim look of defeat on my face and I imagined the other survivor off on his own server literally jumping for joy over his new toy. I finished stuffing the last of the scavenged items into my pack, and headed back out into the night, turning my thoughts to a warm fire and a hot meal back at my camp.

I was on the hill overlooking Electro's power plant with binoculars spotting potential threats in the city when a guy races up to me from behind and pops me with his silenced m9, my sniper bud cant find him and gets out of there. I decide I'm not gonna rearm myself the usual way of grinding through town and deer stands for decent weaponry, I book it back to that same hill picking up nothing but a hatchet on the way there. I then look through servers till I find 2 guys sniping right where I died. After killing someone 1 guy goes to retrieve the kill and the other guy opens his gear. I prone roll my way over and get up and axe murder his bandit arse probably swang that axe 5 extra times into his dead body to make sure and got me a nifty m24 sniper, makarov pm and an alice pack. Fastest way to gear up from spawn I find out is by beating down a bandit apparently.

Great writing! Thank you so much! Really enjoyed it! I wish I could write that good.

I spawn in Cherno and slowly make my way along the docks heading for the church, I see a couple of other survivors but decide even with no gear, after some recent experience its best to avoid making my presence known. The church had been looted, so had the supermarket but I did manage to find a axe, so I head off to the fire station, I mange to slip past a couple of zeds hovering by the doors and head slowly up the stairs.

When I reach the top, I hear a voice that asks if I'm friendly, his names Taco and I reply that I am and proceed up the stairs only to see him on the ground with a broken leg. He asks if I have any morphine and while I eye up his Makarov and Lee Enfield, disbelief hits me as I actually hear my own voice say “ gimme 5 mins and I’ll be back”, what the hell did I say that for? I ask myself, But I cant take it back, whats said is said.

I turn and run down the 3 flights of stairs, knowing there were zeds outside the door, I decided not to stop and bolted out of the fire station, I panic and run the wrong way heading east further into the factories, the zeds turn and give chase as I head north towards the hospital. It wasn’t long before 2 zeds became 4, then turning the corner another 2 joined the fun. Franticly thinking of where I could go to lose them I ran through every storehouse and building I could think of, but it didnt work and instead I have even more after me and find myself a lot more east than I wanted to be. I dont stop running though and all the while I was thinking that Taco would probably think I wasn't coming back or if I died, how long would he wait before he gave up hope?. I made it to the hospital, luckily someone else had recently been and all the windows were broken I ran straight in and started looting the boxes, morphine bandages and blood that’s all I need. The group of zeds outside wating to munch my corpse had grown significantly and I had taken a few hits on the way here. Having lost a lot of blood, I patched myself up as good as I could while I gathered my thoughts

Having worked out my route back to the fire station I set of again at full speed, I cut through a big long warehouse that slows the zeds and I'm off again, I hear shots fired close to me, which attracts some of my followers and it only spurs me on, I had told Taco 5 minutes and was determined to keep my promise. I take a slight detour and head through more buildings trying to shake a few zeds and it seems to work, Once back in the fire station, I’ve lost all the zeds, head upstairs and I patch Taco up, he gives me badly needed blood as I’m down to 3k after the mercy dash and he offers his thanks and his Makarov, which I decline and we head off back into the city.

Sometime later we have become separated, I don’t know why but I find myself heading back to the fire station, again head up the stairs to the top and come face to face with another survivor, but this time its different, no questions asked he just pops a couple of shots and I’m down, unconscious.

He crouches over my body but for some reason he doesn’t t fire again, instead I’m assuming he tried to loot me and all the while he's leaning over me, all I can think of is “this sucks, this is the same room I saved Taco in and this is the thanks I get”?

He is still crouched over me when I recover, I stand and he panics, runs straight into the wall and fires a shot that goes through the window, I start laughing as he turns to try and head down the stairs, I swing my axe and I think I miss, so I swing again and again and he disappears down the stairs, I think for second about patching myself up, but decide instead to give chase, I run down the stairs and I’m greeted by the sight of his body on the floor, seems that last swing caught him good and he paid with his life. I guess that somehow I was rewarded for my earlier compassion for a fallen survivor with a healthy dose of good fortune. My first survivor kill, self defence I tell myself, but I did feel bad and he only had himself to blame, because if your going to kill someone, just make sure they are dead before seeing what loot you can grab, just like I did when I took his compass, map, Makarov and my favourite Franks n Beans.

My first rescue and my first player kill. At different times, in the same room on the same night.

I love this game, thanks Rocket

After an hour of looting towns and barns I eventually made my fatal mistake. I seen a barn in the distance with a medium zombie presence around it. But it didn't seem too heavy, I figured I could make it inside without alerting a zombie.

I made my way and stealthed through the landscape to the barn, walked inside to find a zombie inside, who was instantly alerted to me, I ran to the top of the barn and took it out with my Lee Enfield, I had 24 ammo for my Lee Enfield when I entered the barn, and I don't miss. I didn't have a sidearm however, but I didn't think I would need one for taking on a barn. It's a piece of cake right?

Well... at this point I think pictures speak louder than words.

Please see my first Attachment.

[attachment=1462]

I underestimated the zombie presence, and I got swarmed, took some bad hits but killed 24 zombies, I sat at the top of the barn holding my empty Lee Enfield looking down at even more zombies. There was no getting out of this situation so I threw Flares at them. (you never know). My leg was broken, I had no morphine, I had no ammo.

This was my Final Stand, I wasn't going to give up without a fight, if I am going down, I'M GOING TO TAKE SOME OF THEM WITH ME!

Please see my second Attachment.

[attachment=1463]

I equipped my axe, and crawled down the first set of stairs, killed 2 zombies on the second floor, then i crawled further to the top of the second set of stairs, 4 zombies walked towards me, I was swinging like a mad man, cut down all 4 and continued to crawl, at this point I had very little blood and I was bleeding. I got to the bottom where 3 more zombies descended on me, I cut them down where they stood and about 10 seconds later I passed out and soon after died on the spot.

A warrior died that day.

I just had an interesting encounter.

I had respawned and just fancied messing about, so ran into Cherno gathering zeds behind me. I managed to lose them all though and went looting.

I was looking around the church when I heard someone say "Woah whoa there!" I turned around and this guy is coming in with weapon pointed at me. He had an MP5SD. He had the drop on me so I put my hands up and slowly walked out, asking if it was his stash. He said it wasn't and I could have what I want. I saw him leave the church after me so I went in for the loot.

A bit more wandering around and I hear him say "I'm stalking you!" A bit of fun and he was watching me through the windows of a house. He then said if I was still in the house he was going to throw a grenade - I couldn't do much as I was prone and sending a text message. The explosion made me jump (had volume up loud) but had no effect on me.

What then followed was a game of cat and mouse between us. We spent a few minutes chasing each other around throwing smoke grenades and ended up having a shoot-out in another house. I'd hit him a few times with my revolver, and he'd hit me quite a lot - I had broken legs, lots of blood loss, all the bad stuff.

I told him to just end it; I was dying, couldn't walk, and had no ammo - just the crowbar left.

I saw him looking through the window at me, and I was whacking the floor with my crowbar, telling him to finish me. He then disappeared.

I went outside and saw him crouched in the road with his back to me. "Time for last ditch revenge!" I thought, and crawled up behind him and started whacking him with the crowbar.

"Hey, that's not fair man, I was going to help you" he said, so I stopped hitting and just waited for the bullet in the head. None came.

He proceeded to give me loads of steaks, enough to get my blood back up. Whilst I was munching two other survivors appeared and tried to kill us. This guy (I didn't get his name) took them both down, as well as any zeds that approached.

Once I was back to strength, he then surprised me by giving me more food, a ghuillie suit, an AS-50, NVG's and some ammo.

I was very thankful and surprised with these gifts, all he asked for was my flashlight - apparently he's a member of the 'Somali Pirates' clan and their calling card so to speak, is to give each other flashlights.

Once we'd finished, he just disappeared into the buildings, and I just got the hell out of Cherno and into the forests.

Thanks buddy, I thought I was a gonner there, and you helped me out!

I just had an interesting encounter.

I had respawned and just fancied messing about' date=' so ran into Cherno gathering zeds behind me. I managed to lose them all though and went looting.

I was looking around the church when I heard someone say "Woah whoa there!" I turned around and this guy is coming in with weapon pointed at me. He had an MP5SD. He had the drop on me so I put my hands up and slowly walked out, asking if it was his stash. He said it wasn't and I could have what I want. I saw him leave the church after me so I went in for the loot.

A bit more wandering around and I hear him say "I'm stalking you!" A bit of fun and he was watching me through the windows of a house. He then said if I was still in the house he was going to throw a grenade - I couldn't do much as I was prone and sending a text message. The explosion made me jump (had volume up loud) but had no effect on me.

What then followed was a game of cat and mouse between us. We spent a few minutes chasing each other around throwing smoke grenades and ended up having a shoot-out in another house. I'd hit him a few times with my revolver, and he'd hit me quite a lot - I had broken legs, lots of blood loss, all the bad stuff.

I told him to just end it; I was dying, couldn't walk, and had no ammo - just the crowbar left.

I saw him looking through the window at me, and I was whacking the floor with my crowbar, telling him to finish me. He then disappeared.

I went outside and saw him crouched in the road with his back to me. "Time for last ditch revenge!" I thought, and crawled up behind him and started whacking him with the crowbar.

"Hey, that's not fair man, I was going to help you" he said, so I stopped hitting and just waited for the bullet in the head. None came.

He proceeded to give me loads of steaks, enough to get my blood back up. Whilst I was munching two other survivors appeared and tried to kill us. This guy (I didn't get his name) took them both down, as well as any zeds that approached.

Once I was back to strength, he then surprised me by giving me more food, a ghuillie suit, an AS-50, NVG's and some ammo.

I was very thankful and surprised with these gifts, all he asked for was my flashlight - apparently he's a member of the 'Somali Pirates' clan and their calling card so to speak, is to give each other flashlights.

Once we'd finished, he just disappeared into the buildings, and I just got the hell out of Cherno and into the forests.

Thanks buddy, I thought I was a gonner there, and you helped me out!

[/quote']

After all of that.... Why u dont kill him ?

Had enough of getting killed right after finding some good gear (mainly at the NW airport). Decided to go rambo at Balota, killed countless zombies with lee enfield and even with a frag grenade inside a hall when dodging zombies! Raided the deer stands for AK and G17 and started making my way towards Cherno. I have never killed anyone in this game but this time I would be ruthless. I would become the king of Cherno. And then a zombie aggroed, chased me and after making a stand, his friends broke my leg. I fell unconcious as one last zombie is eating my flesh. I wake up just in time to cap his ass and bandage myself up, was left with 187 blood.

But I wasn't giving up on my dream. I haul my ass over towards Cherno, falling unconcious every now and again and getting VERY thirsty. It has gotten very dark, and just as I reach the outskirts of town, I reach severe dehydration. For whatever reason my blood hasn't started to drop though, and I reach the store just in time to find a heavenly Cola in a pile of rubble. I proceed to crawl my way through Cherno, my mission to make it to the military tents and find some morphine, maybe a box of matches and heal myself with meat as I'm not about to trust anyone with a blood transfusion.

I make my way to a diner and just as I crawl behind the counter, I gently stab my rib at the doorway and fall dead.

Fuck.

• Like 1

After all of that.... Why u dont kill him ?

Because he could have just killed me right from the start when he saw me in the church.

As it was we both had a bit of fun in the shoot-out and I was ready to die anyway. He gave me that kit and I didn't feel I needed to kill him.

I've done some malicious killing in the past of Survivors, but I just didn't want to this time.

Wanted to say: HUGE thanks to some guy in Seattle 32 around 6 pm today, at NWAF.

Pretty epic, yet short story:

I made it to NW Airfield, and crept up into the Southwest barracks. My buddy got killed there earlier so I was planning on only hitting that one building then getting out. I've only been there once before and this may be enough for me.

I get inside, and little is of value except for some AK ammo. In the last room in the barracks, I somehow alert a hopping zombie nearby. As the zombie hops his way around to the single entrance, I'm panicking because I don't want to alert nearby players and give away my location. I frantically throw my AK to the ground and get out my hatchet...

When out of nowhere, as I watch through the barracks window, a random guy driving a blue minivan comes to a flying stop just outside! I watch him eject and haul ass over to the barracks I'm in, and he's carrying nothing but a axe! I quickly pick my AK back up because I'm expecting him to come for me.

Instead, he runs inside, slays the hopping zed with a mighty axe swing, turns right around, and hops back into his van. Peeling out and zooming into the airfield, the stranger leads a massive zombie train off into the sunset, leaving the area clear for me to leave!

Whether this was your intention or you just inadvertently saved me, you are my hero. You have also restored my faith in fellow DayZ players.

this guys post is awesome i have to share it.

(Today 07:40 AM)kumiiyo Wrote: IM ON SOME BATMAN SHIT!

my solution against the chaos in cherno is probably going to send people into an uproar, but it's been working as a backtrolling tactic for me in an awesome way.

what i've noticed assholes doing is server hopping on the factory roof in cherno loooking for victims down on the ground to snipe. what a bunch of bullshit.

so what i've started doing is this:

1. spawn, sprint to HATCHET. disregard zombies.

2. sprint to FACTORY. disregard zombies. climb factory to the TOPMOST roof.

3. wait with hatchet in the middle of the roof.

4. have a snack, read a book. beat ur meat.

5. when a sniper spawns in front of you (usually in less than 10 mins) ROLL up to them so they can't hear u coming and then freak them out over the direct com- "NOW SAY GOODNIGHT!" as you hack them to pieces.

6. pick up the sewper L337 sniper rifle and all the tits gear he's carrying and relocate to the OTHER factory roof directly to the north.

8. shoot anyone on any rooftop in the vicinity who is holding a rifle.

7. wait for more cocksuckers to spawn onto the main (wher u hacked the guy) factory roof with sniper rifles. (you can also server hop if you're into that sort of thing"

8. ????????????

9. PROFIT (and be beloved by noobs dodging bullets in cherno.)

seriously, the last guy i wasted with this tactic netted me a cz 550 with like 6 magazines, and an ALICE PACK with a DMR + magz in it. not to mention full gear (binox, map, gps etc). I bet he felt real great getting hacked to death with a hatchet in the least probable location all because he thought it would be fun to shoot innocent noobies.

Fear gets the better of us all sometimes.

I was looting the NE airfield, late at night, approaching from the south to use the tree cover, intending on following the hangars on the way to the ATC. The server wasn't especially busy (night), and three companions where looking for meds about a kilometre east of me, planning on joining me later and picking me up in the truck they had recently repaired.

On seeing the ATC, I pulled up my rangefinder and looked at the top floor to make sure it was safe to approach. Clear so far, so I shifted left towards the hangar and made my way up the hill. On hearing the zeds, I crouched and slowed down, taking a couple out with my silenced pistol, nothing too taxing. I rounded the leftmost hangar carefully, taking out one more Zed. That's when I heard the flies.

Knowing what this meant, I dropped prone and came left around the hangar at a snails pace. One dead player, yet no walkers around. This wasn't too worrying, as he could have bled out after hiding. I checked his body, unlooted, and with bandages still available. I began to think that he might have been killed by a player, but had no real proof. I took some basic equipment from him, including 2 clips for my M9SD, and hid the body before making my way into the hangar. Two more bodies, that was when I really started getting scared, they looked like they had basic rifles and shotguns, ALICE packs, but nothing too high tier. Either way, the probability that there was a sniper tracking me was very high at this point.

I ran into cover inside the hangar, aggroing two more Zeds, the M9 finished them without much difficulty, but not before one took a little bite out of me. That bandage came in useful.

I told my group what was happening, and could they check the hilltop in case there was a sniper waiting for me to reveal myself, but they had their own problems. I was able to safely take an ALICE pack from one of the bodies, being as quick as I could, but suddenly had to drop to the ground again as two headlights lit my surroundings.

I span around and looked through the ACOG. One car, three survivors inside, was heading my way at full speed. Had they seen me? Where they planning on running me over or dismounting in cover and flanking me? I had to make a snap decision. Knowing that the bodies were at my location, the chances that they were the culprits were pretty high, especially considering that the server was pretty empty at this point. I aimed at the driver, just around the chin as they were closing in from about 150m or so, bang, one headshot. The second shot was fired immediately afterwards, and took out the rear passenger with a single hit. Making a slight adjustment, I fired a third shot and the survivor riding shotgun was killed just as the car ground to a halt. The lights were still on, and I was somewhat exposed, but held my aim just to make sure no one disembarked. All good.

The hangar was the only safe place to remain at this point, so I crawled to the back and waited, aiming at the entrance for about five minutes just in case another player reacted to the gunshots. Nothing. I felt mixed feelings, as I normally only kill people that I can be sure are bandits/murderers, but this time I couldn't be sure. Either way, the chances of another player being nearby at this point were pretty slim, and I was alive.

The global chat was working on this server for some reason, and after a few minutes more a message came up - 'Hey that was pretty good shooting, what gun were you using?'

I replied, and asked them if they had killed those players.

'No, we just wanted to loot the buildings and get the hell out again, look after our baby!'

I was very surprised at how well they had just taken their entire group being taken out, and felt bad that I had just murdered my first innocents. Of course, they could have been lying, but I chose to believe them.

Deciding that I had enough gear as it was, and as my group already had a decent vehicle, it would be plain greed and not survival need to take the car, loaded with the contents of their pockets and backpacks, so I sent them another message.

'Sorry about that, I had to do it because of the dead guys around me. I have what I need anyway, i'll leave the vehicle there, with your loot, so if you guys can make it back you can reclaim it.'

I then cautiously exited the hangar, all the while watching the high ground with my finger on the trigger. Now I know you guys want to hear that there was in fact a sniper, and that he took me out and claimed it all, but that didn't happen.

What did happen is that I was forgiven for my snap decision, and we agreed to meet up in future. I have a talented 5-strong group, so I wasn't especially afraid of revenge. Besides, I was the one who offered teaming up afterwards. I was surprised, based on my encounters with many 'types' on the forums, at how honourably they had dealt with the tragedy, and those are the kind of people I want in my group. So Marley and Co., if we meet on the treacherous plains of Chernarus once again, I meant what I said about teaming up. Besides, you'd be better off with me on your side than against you ;-)

Well done for dying with dignity, you set an example that hopefully more will follow.

And i'm sorry I mixed all your brains together into some kind of hellish parfait.

This is a great story ! Also pm'ed

I log in, its night, no NVG's. Its dark, but I like it dark. Camo suit, M4 CCO SD, etc... I'm survivin' well.

Day 6 now, got all I need, minus NVGs.

Made a trek down to cherno from Putoshka, I needed some hospital supplies. After a successful infil/loot/exfil, I deer stand hopped Northwest, its still dark when i happen upon a helo crash site.

Its out in the open, 500m from me...zed/player check indicates its empty. Run up, silently execute the infected in my path, find M14 and a MK48, both with ammo.

Pass.

Cruise up to the S end of the NWAF at this time there are 10 ppl on, and I can assume that at least 2 could be up this way, its a hotspot, and I felt like some action. So, I sneaky sneak up to the S barracks and use my lovely silenced M4 to finish off the zeds spawned inside the barracks. But even silenced the noise of glass breaking would be a sound cue to anyone nearby.

I snuck up around the corner after dispatching 5 zeds, keepin my situational awareness on point, and when I rounded the corner, I heard something that I had not experienced before.

It was a rapidly pulsing heartbeat, in the dark, position unknown. I had only peeked around the corner, and knew someone with ill-intent would have me dead to rights if I entered the barracks. I instantly fall back and remove myself from the area. I know that place is dangerous, and I had been 2nd in line to that party, and that guy/bandit was waiting for his opportunity, that I denied him. I boogied slowly out of the area, having lost nothing but a few rounds, to survive and hunt into another long life.

I was on my way to Stary Sobor and decided to take a detour through the Zub fortress. To my dismay the castle held no considerable fortunes, I made my way to the top of the three storey tower only to find tin cans and empty whiskey bottles. Then looking at my surroundings from the tower I noticed something on the field near Vyshnoye. It was quite dark and misty so I couldn't quite make out what it was. I took a glance through my binoculars and behold, a crashed helicopter! I took an azimuth of its direction and ran down the tower as quickly as I could.

Closer to the helicopter I realized it was encircled by zeds and not the regular type either - the badass military kind. Since I had nothing but a makarov and a few clips my plan was to lure them out one by one and dispose of them with a well-placed headshot. My plan worked, I took out all of them with just a few scratches. I was now at the helicopter but it didn't seem to have any loot, I found just a couple boxes of painkillers and felt disappointed. Then I took a closer look crawling near the wreckage and I found it. FN FAL ANPV S4 mounted with a night vision scope and two mags. Then, right next to it a regular FN FAL with two additional magazines. I took them and ran into the nearest woods for cover. I was psyched and terrified at the same time, I went from having nothing to the rarest weapon in the game and I didn't want to lose it. I continued my journey towards Stary Sobor and it was undoubtedly the most cautious and tentative drive in all of human history. I stopped to survey each tree, shrub, rock, and cow on my way. Not leaving any chance one of them could be a bandit looking to take my precious FN. By the time I made my way to the outskirts of Stary Sobor it was pitch black and raining so I navigated towards the military tents using the mounted night vision scope.

The camp appeared desolate, after carefully reconning the area I advanced next to one of the tents. Then I see something moving at the far end of the camp. Looking through the scope, I realize its a man crawling towards me with a AKS-74u. I'm scared shitless, my heart is pounding like a hammer. Did he see me? Was he trailing me? I don't take any chances and aim at him, then I fire. The FN FAL echoes in the darkness, he dies instantly. 'Weeman was killed" appears on screen, Murders: 1. Sorry "Weeman", it was pure self-defense and survival. I stay put for a few minutes to make sure he wasn't with anyone. Then out of the blue, a massive hoard of zombies spawn near me, I withdraw to the nearest tent and pray to whatever gods may be they didn't spot me. But they did, and in an instant the tent is full of zombies. I have 12000 blood but the first of them instantly breaks my bone. I'm in shock and fall unconscious and I'm forced to watch as the zeds eat me alive departing me from this world and from my dear FN FAL.

So I had just respawned in Kamenka after being killed in a firefight when the camp my mates and I had set up was invaded. Kind of bummed out, had lost a full set of gear, a nice M16A2, and was now about a 3 hour walk from the rest of the group. Undaunted, I set off going north. I decided right then and there that I wasn't going to go near any major (or minor) cities or towns, as my zed train-losing skills are sub-par at best. Of course, I immediately broke that rule after spotting an isolated barn completely free of zeds. Investigation yielded a double-barrel shotty and a hatchet.

Feeling good about my findings, I melted back into the woods. Things got slow after that, and I ended up getting lost for awhile, actually doubling back accidentally twice (honestly, I must have circled Pavlovo about 3 times). My goal, however, was to head north, and I was eventually able to get my bearings.

After I reoriented myself, I scoped out one of the deer stands near Pavlovo. Scanning the treeline, I saw that luck was on my side, as the stand was completely zombie-free! I flanked through the woods, and when I climbed up, my jaw almost dropped. Sitting there on the floor of the stand was a shiny new M4A1 CCO! "Finally, a lucky break!" I thought to myself. I scooped it up, along with the STANAG clip beside it, and hustled off into the woods.

My elation gradually subdued as the next few stands I visited were virtually useless. More troubling, however, was my food and water indicators, which were now very much in the red (I had already consumed the single can of soda I found in one of the deer stands a while ago). I was now faced with a dilemma: risk my new weapon by attempting to raid a town, or starve to death in the woods with my cold dead fingers clutching my M4?

Fortunately, luck was with me once again. As I was moving through the trees, I spied a one-room building in a small clearing (I believe I was North of Balota at this point, but I'm not 100% sure). With my water indicator about to flash, and my food in the red as well, I decided to try my luck and investigate. After determining that the area was free of zeds, I crouch-walked my way towards the one-room structure. As I approached the door, I heard that unmistakable fly-buzzing that can only mean one thing: a player died there recently.

Not daring to get my hopes up, as I figured the body had probably already disappeared, I tiptoed into the room. I was greeted by the sight of a corpse lying on the floor. Survival instincts kicked in at that point, and without a second's hesitation I went to loot the body.

Pretty much anyone who's played DayZ has had that experience of elation that comes from cheating death in one way or another. My moment was when I opened the gear menu for the dead body, and was greeted by 4 cans of food, a canteen and 3 sodas, a Makarov, a hunting knife and a map! After transferring the loot to my inventory, I melted back into the woods. With a full belly, plenty of provisions and excellent firepower, I've now made it all the way up North.

Shout out to say sorry to the group I ditched last night.....

They were very helpful, saving me from certain death as a I was trapped in a small building with about 10 zombies.....

We grouped together for a short while, but ended up backed into a building with an endless stream of zeds piling in. One guy went down, with more and more piling in, and no ammo left.

Fear set in and I ran away fast as could be.... Not sure if you guys survived, but I hope you did...

I had just spawned in Komorovo, and knowing that the Balota airfield was close by, so I figured I'd give it a try going there. Before entering the airfield I noticed two things. One the airfield was crawling with zeds. And two there were gunshots from inside the airfield. Despite this seeming a little dissuading I figured i had nothing to lose, and I went to the airfield all the same.

I headed straight towards the first hangar, and found nothing but beans and tin cans. But alas! In the second hangar was an M1014 with plenty of ammo. Just as soon as I cleaned out the hangar of loot, another player came running in. I said "you friendly" in direct chat and the player ran away from me. Figuring he wasn't much of a threat, due to his lack of a weapon, I headed to the ATC tower in search of a greater abundance of M1014 rounds.

Upon entering I find an ALICE pack and another pack of M1014 rounds. I start heading up the tower and almost as soon as I get on the balcony the very same player who ran into the hangar comes down and chucks a grenade at me. The grenade misses and explodes safely away from me. But I see tons of zeds heading for the tower. the player says in the chat "sorry I thought you were a zed" enraged by his foolishness of allowing zeds to converge on our position, I shoot him in the head twice and then shoot his body again when it's on the ground (unnecessary but I was pissed). Now the zeds were getting in the building, so I waited for them to come up the stairs and I shot about 5 as the came up, and two that tried to get me from behind. I raced down the steps shooting zeds as I go. When i finally get out of the tower I beeline for a break in the fence. I shoot the only zed still on my tail and then I head for the military tents near the airfield.

I reach the tents and find a lone zed among the tents, near one of the deer stands. I take the risk of shooting the zed near the stand, and I see no agro's zeds. I look through the stands and find a PDW and plenty of clips. I get down from the last deer stand and freeze when I see tons of zeds magically among the tents. I slowly crawl through the tents to avoid the zeds, and I barely make it out.

After I'm out of the tents I head towards cherno in search of loot. I get to cherno and wind up at the church. I decide to head in to find some food because I've only got a can of beans left. when I get in the church I find some food, but a lone zed wandered in and got agro'd. I have no choice but to shoot him. I exit the church and see to agro'd zeds coming my way. I shoot one, but the other is dispatched by what sounds like a lee enfield. I turn around and see a survivor who says "over here quick". we crouch against a wall and shoot the incoming zeds. We kill many zeds, but he says "I'm out of ammo, run for it", aI runs as well considering I only have a clip for my PDW and three shots for my M1014. We get up and run, but I look back and see tons of zeds after us, and I get hit once causing me to bleed. Me and the other survivor keep running, but it's all road, and we can't escape the zeds, so I do what has to be done. I turn around and shoot the other survivor, and he falls to the ground, not dead but likely unconscious, or passed out. The zeds go for him and starting eating him. I think "they're eating him, and then they're going to eat me, OH MY GOD!". I run without looking back, I go prone in some trees and wait for a minute to see if the zeds are back. But nothing comes, and I'm alone.

I keep heading down the road in a daze. I had lost half my blood and I was shaking like a addict who needs a fix. I cam e across a town, and headed in in search of painkillers. So I find a house and to my luck some painkillers. I take the painkillers and then here gunshots from outside the house. I look out the window to see to bandits with AKs looking over a dead player, and then I see them come my way. I know there is no escaping so I bring up my M1014 and get ready. As soon as the first bandit enters the house I shoot him with my remaining slugs, killing him, but the other guy filled me with AK rounds and I die.

So ends the story of of the asshole who killed an idiot who carelessly threw a grenade, a friendly survivor, only to save his own hide, and a bandit who killed for fun.

Just killed 10 peoples and 8 zombies and found an L85AS with thermo and nightvision on a helicopter crash. Yep perfect day for me and my mate. A bit a op, and i WILL cry if loose this weapon. But ... i got it ;)