'twas 3 in the morning on a US server last night, playing with several other friends, and trying to get them to meet up in one place. There was a grand total of 6 of us, and 2 were making their way to Elektro on separate ATV's they managed to find and repair. I was dwelling on 3000 blood fading in and out of consciousness as one man went to run into town and two were in a hill overlooking the powerplant firehouse on the northeast side of Elektro. I sit there as the two on the ATV's ditched down the road to make sure nobody ran up and took them. One of them had a spare blood bag and gave me a transfusion. Meanwhile, while the guy who was going into Elektro's hospital found barriers around the building. He had no choice but to turn around. Four of us total in the fire station when he gets back, and gunshots ring out. Not just a couple. I'm talking several players' worth. Several different guns going at each other and a couple kills popping up on the feed. The four of us got out of the firehouse into the field that overlooks the town. There were headlights trained on the residential buildings, and an engine running. The two others we had on the hill took one of the guys in the field with them and went to check out the scene. They managed to kill one player and shoot another unconscious. Just as the gunfire drew out again, one of the members spotted the vehicle for good and made a run for it.... A bus.

He made a quick U-Turn and extracted us from a second hill we were on to provide overwatch for the gunfight going on below. We picked everyone up and now had an ATV and a Bus. No loot came up in the bus, so we assumed it was a lone wolf that picked it up or fixed it up. We all agree to loot the northeast airstrip, having to make a few stops for gas along the way. One member mentioned another ATV that spawned on a nearby hill, so we took the convoy up and checked it out. There was not one, but TWO ATV's that had spawned there. One needed three wheels, one only needed one, but both were in otherwise great condition. We noticed one spare wheel in the buses inventory, so I took it and went to fix the ATV. New to even fixing a vehicle up in the first place, I accidentally placed it on the ATV that needed three wheels. I'm not sure if it was supposed to reject it because I needed two more or what. But in the blink of an eye it bounced up and was on all fours and completely fixed. Another teammate sees the other ATV gain a wheel, and we shrug it off as a weird bug and move on. Four ATV's and a bus.

We continued to the air strip, found a helicopter crash site halfway in between. The ground was littered with some pretty good weapons. An M107, M14, FN FAL, and L85 with Night/Thermal vision. Odd. But we continued on to the air strip. Finally at the air strip, the ATV's all there, and the bus trailing behind, we get off the ATV's and search the tower and hangars to only find a few shotgun shells and empty cans. Shrugged it off again and we all decided to go and loot Cherno because we have yet to loot whatever is left in there. We make several stops for gas as usual. In normal convoy fashion. All of us are somewhat awe-struck at finding all of this loot within the span of about 3 hours. Got halfway between Elektro and Cherno, and the one in our squad furthest ahead starts "OH MY GOD.....!"ing... We tell him to calm down and tell us the situation. He has found an unrepaired Huey sitting in a patch of grass just off the road. We group up and he mentions all we have to do is fill it with gas as the rest is in decent condition. Simple enough. Two squadmates leave on the ATV's to the nearest gas station and start filling one jerry can each. We slowly start to fill it. This was all fishy, we acknowledged it. But we wanted to go on because it was too much fun to worry about hackers, as they were probably minding their own business back in Elektro. Oddly, the Huey only needed about 30 jerry cans, but even 5 or 6 in, it wasn't filling very much at all. And as the rest of us stay back to guard the precious untouched Huey, the unthinkable happens. Shots ring out. One squadmate dead. Two. Three. And I get shot unconscious and end up just disconnecting because the shooter did not fully kill me. We are all in disbelief. Four of us gone in the matter of maybe 4 seconds. The other two went east of Elektro after they heard the commotion. They mention seeing really weird stuff happening, and eventually Elektro pretty much just blew up.

To make a long story short, a hacker was trying to play 'the all seeing eye' and teased us with spoils we knew in the first place were good to be true, but we still went with it because it was a good time. The last two survivors ended up dying. We saved no loot. Nothing at all. We were being watched the whole time and inadvertently led into crazy awesome situations with a sad ending. It was SO thrilling. I'm not even mad that I lost my stuff. It was by far my most exhilarating experience in DayZ so far. I may have mixed a couple locations up in the story, but what we found and went to was all true. Such an awesome time. All at 2/3 in the morning, so everything was more odd and funny than usual.

Cheers, all.

post-85961-0-21783300-1344405234_thumb.j

Edited by Gz0 Gooby
  • Like 3

I then decided to go to Stary for the military camp. I needed some painkillers because my screen was shaking like a person afflicted by Parkinson's disease.

Have you heard of stem cell for Parkinson's treatment?

Is that another from of cell therapy? Check out. I had my aunt undergo stem cell - parkinson's treatment

Edited by tedrashwin

Well this would be the first extreme feeling and experience on day z I have ever had so far.

Let's start off, me and two of my friends joined in were we last logged off being on the coast by balota. I had a m16a2 with m203, bunch of food and drink, with basic tools ready to go such as map, binocs, etc.. One of my friends had a L85 with thermal and infrared laser and a g17 with basic supplies. My last friend a Remington 870 and cz550 with basic stuff as well with a revolver.

We started heading towards cherno in which we looted the medical tents for med supplies. Cherno was a breeze with no one in sight and we looted like free men and headed down to electro. As we left cherno we went on the mountain across from the lighthouse inbetween electro and cherno. We scanned the area and noticed a destroyed vehicle with a couple of dead bodies around it. I noted a survivor with a hatchet going towards them with my binoculars. I told my buds to let the guy pass but one of my asshole friends promptly shot him in the face with his CZ and the bodies had nothing of value on them so we headed towards electro. The guys name was Arthur...

As we made it to the hills overlooking electro, we spread out a bit and I was crouched up on the hill with my two friends following suit slowly down the hill. Suddenly a ghillied player with a mk48 and svd camo shot and killed me in which I yelled guy to the left. My buds killed that guy and gathered a supply of satchel charges and his various weapons and nvg/rangefinder. His name was monkeyman16 and we noticed him leave soon after he was killed.

As I spawned by solchiny, I began running back to the spot were we were I was killed in hopes of getting my gear back. My friends were guarding the spot until I came. Over skype I hear my friend who had the cz yell and noticed he was killed. My friend with the L85 turned and shot/killed a player who snuck up behind us. My friend was hit before he killed him so they both died. My friend with the l85 spawned at the base of the hill and ran up and looted his gear back and stood watch. We checked the guy who kill them and to our shocking surprise it was Arthur. Talk about karma lol. I received my gear back and we were waiting for my other friend to get to us.

We stood watch and waited till he got there and he also got his stuff back. My and my friend with the L85 logged because we were done for the night when my other friend noticed another survivor running up the hill with a handgun. My friend had hidden all the bodies so the loot was all gone and logged when he saw him.

All in all a great experiance but sure as hell lucky.

Was playing on AU 1 last night with a guy I don't really know other than through forum posts on another site.

We loaded up TS and were having a general chat whilst we looted a few things in our separate spawn areas before joining up outside Elektro as the sun set and the darkness

set in...

The rest of the night went something like this..

By the time we met the guy I was with had an enfield and a revolver... me on the other hand, had been able to scavenge an mp5 clip a grenade and some other useless junk.

He handed me the revolver as, although it was empty, he thought it would be a good deterent for anyone with a hatchet that might try to start something... good ole poker face.

We decided we'd check out the power plant first.

We went up to the hill to check it out from a distance and watch for a while before entering.

We had seen someone climb the ladder to the smoke stack and then we never saw him come back down... shot dead perhaps ? I decided I'd move in closer, we had also spotted another person running around in the compound. As I was getting closer someone entered from the other side, the front, whilst I headed around the back.

My friend kept watch the whole time. We ended up having a close call... one of the guys inside had spotted me and wanted to try and kill me.

He came around the front, and just as he pulled his pistol out and aimed at me... "Bang BANG" two shots ring out and hit the ground around him, he panics and runs, realising there's someone out to get him.

He runs around the other side of the trees trying to get a shot/sight of my friend. My friend finally found him and put a bullet in him... dropping him to the ground. I ran around and collected some gear... FINALLY.. a shotgun and plenty of ammo.

We ran into the compound grabbed some loot and left via the front.

We climbed the hill in front of the entrance... running away from zombies. I turn to see a quad sitting right next to us.

SCORE!

We quickly check for snipers, just in case it was bait.

I jumped on... he jumped on and we left... direction... north west... but we were low on fuel.

We stopped at two places trying to find fuel. Eventually we ran out and we were stuck in some small town.

Luckily we found a petrol tank after spending 30 mins scouring the place hunting for some.

We filled a tank and made our way back... filled up and jumped on, we were almost on our way again, but first to fill up some more jerry cans so it didn't happen again..

On our way through town we hit a few bumps... literally.. first one.. landed .. PHEW! second.. not so lucky... we rolled. luckily we survived... but our quad was unable to be used any further. We salvaged what we could and legged it further north.

Eventually we came across a downed chopper... we got in there once the zombies cleared out a little.. we had just finished looting our spoils when we hear something over the comm's along the lines of "two targets spotted at downed bird" ..."Oh shit... that's us!" I said in surprise... "We've gotta go.... NOW".. we started to jog away from the chopper at first... We then hear confirmation of the mysterious voice... "2 targets are leaving the chopper"... and not a second later "Shoot to kill, shoot to kill."

I panic, "RUN!" I yelled... "Zig zag... just keep running!", we we're hoofing it as quickly as possible, darting all over the place.

Shots ring out from the mysery sniper/s... we couldn't determine where they were coming from, but I think it was behind us...

I take a hit.. shocked I stumble... and start running again.

To the trees and bushes... then over the field beyond and into the forrest.

My friend and I had been split up, but thankfully using TS we could still talk and see how we each were.

I was bleeding... I found a safe place and bandaged myself... by this time I needed food.... BAD... I was in the red..

I had approx 4200 blood left.

I was safe... for now.

My friend was still close enough to radio chatter, "FRiendly, guys.... we're friendly"

They mumble something else apparently and then say "Have a good night".

I still didn't want to be anywhere near there. I wanted to get away... and fast, but first I needed to find my friend.

I had hidden behind a barn, I couldn't check it out for loot because zombies were inside and I didn't want to risk it.

My friend went in and scouted it before we finally met up.. he was finding it hard to see me due to my new camo I had put on after looting the chopper.

That's good, I thought... but those guys saw us easily... had to be thermal or NVG, which means we were still targets if they were far off.

We came across another small town. and we went in seperate directions, desperately trying to find some food for me.

I was searching another compound... long warehouses etc... nothing... nothing.... nothing.... nothing.

The last place to search was a building at the end of the compound.... matches... YES!

I tell my friend to meet with me at the house, I give him a revolver and ammunition I had found laying around.

We meet up then run into the bush.. my meal meter flashing now... I was desperately trying to cut some trees... I needed wood and fast.

It came up showing I wasn't in a forrest, across the field was another big batch of trees... surely I can get some there!

We sprint over... I grab some wood.. finally.. I'd never made a campfire before, but thankfully was able to work it out quickly.. Wood on the ground then lit it and then cooked the meat... PHEW! FOOD!

I put out the fire as quick as possible to avoid being detected, just in case those snipers were still about.

We then set out for Stary... not long after we decided to log off...

We were still alive... we had almost made it to the infamous NW Airfield... will we see it soon?... only time will tell...

• Like 2

I was running across what seemed like an endless field somewhere in the north west (i haven't found a map yet), when i noticed a small building, spawning two zombies.

I crawled up to it and saw that i couldn't enter it.

But then i saw something else behind it.

A shiny red tractor, fully functional. And the fuel was at 3/4.

So i entered my first vehicle, started the engine, took aim, and mowed down the two zombies.

I turned around and noticed that 2 other zombies had spawned behind me and mowed em down too.

It was a good day. Then i logged off and forgot what server it was on :(

I'll fess up to being new and dumb at times. My 4th session in the game occurred last night and I hooked up with a group through a buddy. When they took me to one of their camps, I marked it on my map as "camp". Now.... how was I supposed to know that the map is public? :P

Fortunately, they caught it very quickly and laughed it off. Lesser men would have killed me and buried the body.

• Like 2

i found a coyote pack, the one with 24 slots rarest in the game....nice ;D

I've had a couple of really good days with this mod, and an experience with a hacker that wasn't that bad. Here's the story.

I play on Oceanic servers for the most part, and had gone onto one in a neighboring country for a good time. I've spawned on the coast, and just booked it in the direction of Zeleno. I'm just on the outskirts, when I see a tent. Probably nothing in it, right? Wrong. Kobra, 6 mags, 1911 sidearm, bunch of tools, medical supplies and a map. Nice. I scoop everything, and sprint into Zeleno just in case someone comes home. I'm capping zombies left and right, right up into the supermarket, where I find pretty much the rest of the needed survival gear. What to do now?

Fuck it, I think, I'm going to find me a helicopter.

I know the odds of finding one are zero, fixing it if it is there is also zero, and odds of flying it are less than zero. But I'm rolling up to Skalka anyway, shooting zeds where I have to, and nary seeing a soul.

After a long run, I'm in Skalka. And what do I see up on the hill? Fucking tent city! 7 or 8 tents, sandbags, and most beautifully of all, a pristine quad bike.

So, I do what any self respecting land pirate would do, and riffle through the tents. There's just about every survival gear you would need in there, including nvgs and a gps, so they go in the bag, as well as some steaks, and something I haven't had before, a Bizon with a couple of mags. I load up the bike, and I'm riding off into the sunset for the edge of the map.

I travel over hill and dale for about 1/2 an hour, and as I roll into a clearing... A bus! Score. I jump into the back, and score myself an MP5SD and a few clips for my trouble. Back on the bike, roll on.

By this time, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm itching to get into the night, turn on the nvgs, and start fucking with people. I ditch the bike, log out, an jump onto an Aussie server. It's night. Beautiful.

I'm running down the coast, heading towards Cherno/Electro...

Wait a minute. That doesn't look like my bag...

It isn't. I shit bricks, because all of a sudden I'm holding an AS50, ammo, ALL the tools, and a GODDAMN GHILLE SUIT, and I have a M4 CCO SD in my backpack. I've been hacked. I log, partly because who knows what's going to happen next, and partly because I have to work.

I think about my ill gotten gains. Should I just drop the gear? Go on a rampage in downtown Cherno? Run into the nearest zombie and let him chow down?

Fuck that.

And so, I became a sniper. Sitting up on the hills near Kamenka, I saw a guy with a hatchet taking on a zombie at a time. Rangefinder...600 meters. Perfect. Zeroed in, one shot. Murders, 1. Godlike hardon achieved. This game gives you that godlike sensation more than any other I've played. You can see him, he can't see you... His life is in your hands. Still, a part of me was sickened by this. Too easy. I didn't have to fight to get this gear. So, I decided I was going to play the Guardian Angel. Saw another survivor picking his way up the coast. He aggroes a zombie. BANG The zombie goes down. Understandably, he shits bricks, and drops to prone, hoping he wasn't seen. Another zombie. BANG He freaks out and starts running. I briefly consider running after him. Decide against it, and head to Cherno.

On top of the tower to the north of Cherno. Looking for either a target to save, or to kill. Find nothing. Hear shots from the left. Down the tower, and to the small hamlet near Cherno. A guy holes up in a barn. He takes out the zombies, I line him up...

My food icon is flashing. Vigourously. Shiiit. Check bags. Nothing. Damn you hacker! I always carry food. I abandon my quarry and run a bit further along the woods. A boar! Nice. I take out the M4, and plug the boar. A green figure flits across the screen, in the trees about 50 meters away. Shit! Another ghille suited figure. We see each other about the same time. He has cover behind a tree, I drop prone. I empty a clip into the tree and him with what seems to be little effect.

BANG

YOU ARE DEAD.

And that's my last few days in Chernarus.

TL:DR: I am a thief, got hacked, and finally killed in a firefight in the scrub outside Cherno.

A friend told me about a camp he passed by and that it had a coyote backpack if I was willing to travel. After a few miles of travel I find the camp and sure enough, it was there with the pack. Here's the thing about it that saved my ass. The tents where in the trees to the point to where you had to be in the tree to get to it, pretty much camoing yourself. Then I heard footsteps behind the tree and I holler back to my friend on skype "Hey man are you in here?" "Nope" was the response I got so I decided to walk out of the tree to find that either the owner or a random guy had found it. He had a ghillie and a DMR, "THERES A GUY HERE" I yell back to my comrade. I go around the tree to find him switching to his secondary firearm, Glock 17, and then I begin to shoot him with my M4 CCO SD. I took out his legs first and then he started to shoot back, We exchanged pew pews as he took out mine. Fortunately the M4/M16 was designed to do major vital organ damage, making his wounds fatal and bringing upon him his demise. "I got that sumbitch!" I informed comrade as I performed first aid on my legs and tended to my hits, I think he only got 3 shots on me because I went from 12K to 10-9K blood. I ran away about 300m from the camp and decided to put one of my classic thank you notes on the map only to find that the guy I had killed logged out of the server, more than likely attempted to avoid his death but failed. Since he did that I decided that this was called for

G12TW.jpg

If anyone of you ladies and gentlemen decide to pass through these coordinates on US 477, feel free to stop by this fellow's camp and grab some of the gear. I only took the Coyote backpack and there still should be some guns and other goodies.

• Like 4

So this happened to me today while playing with my friends on DE 721.

So we had been moving from Pik Kozlova, where we had logged out yesterday, towards Elektro along the tree line. Well to be honest I was the only one moving in the treeline while my friends moved trough the bushes on the open field, one who had lost his ghillie due to a bug and one with a ghillie. I was scouting ahead for these guys and making sure that no one sneaks behind them. I told them that I will move to the hills just NE of the power plant and they agreed to go there once they were finished with the Hershel's barn. ( That is the name for those white two entry barns).

So I arrive to my position over looking the power plant and immedietly start scanning the hillside of Dobryy, for any snipers. That is when I see it, a ghillie suited man running up the hill. I couldn't see if he was carrying anything else except a handgun. He was too far away and moving way too fast for me to waste a bullet. I don't even like shooting people if they posses no threat to me. So inform my friends who were now crawling trough the fields towards the power plant. I tell them that there was a ghillie suited man on the hills but I have lost visual. They acknowledge this and continue forth.

I crawl in to a better position while scanning the hillside. My friends arrive to the power plant to find it mostly looted. Then I hear foot steps. I look over my shoulder and see a ghilie suited man running behind me not far away. I immediately switch to my side arm, inform my friends that for the time being I had to watch my own back. My heart starts pounding faster as I watch this man running around the hill. I kept my pistol aimed at him, zoomed in and saw him carrying a crossbow. Then suddenly he turns around and starts running towards me.

By this time my friends have all ready told me to shoot this guy. I on the other hand was waiting him to pass me and to come close enough. I even think about using direct comm to tell him to stop and reveal his intentions. He runs past me, turns to left and stops. I now have a clear shot at his head, I could end it all for him. But I decided, not willing to leave my friends alone in case this guy wasn't alone and because he didn't have NVG and it was getting kind of dark, so he hadn't seen me yet, let him live. He runs to the left towards Topolka dam and I follow him go.

I move to the west up to the hill to see better but I lost him and he was never seen again. My friends link up me and we continue towards Topolka and Straoye where another episode happens, including a guy not knowing how to read map, but that is another story.

So who ever you were on DE 721 with a crossbow and a ghillie running at the hills NE of Elekto Power Plant, if you read this bear in mind that you were saved today because you didn't take that one wrong step to the left, also if you read this it would be nice to know you.

• Like 1

Well, a image says more than 1000 words, and if you get 30 images per secound for 7 minutes, you got yourself some epic storytelling :) It's about killing a cheater, and stealing his stuff (do note that I didn't know he was cheating while playing, it just was wierd when I edited it :)

(Also, it's not over when he dies, it will get even more intense.)

Edited by LucASS

Found some beans, ate them because I was hungry, Shot a mag of my L85 Into my team to troll them, Drank some soda and disconnected. Basically what I do when ever i'm on DayZ.

Our team has moved like four times do to our team trolling us. :I

It started after logging in at our camp, me and my friend travel to meet up with another friend whom located a camp which was rumored to have lots of loot. After a 20-30 minute walk which was not very eventful, we arrived at the camp which consisted of around 10-15 tents, lots of wire and tank traps. After scavenging at least 5 more mags for my M4A1 and an assortment of other stuff friend number 3 shouts that he's spotted a survivor approaching. Dispatching him before he does any damage we continue to loot, but within 2 minutes he had TP'd back fully rearmed and killed me. My two friends then killed him before running to shelter and logging off for the day. Basically I was the only one to die and I lost my M4A1 CCO SD, Ghillie suit, and about 15 STANAG SD Mags. Next time I wont hang around after we have been discovered.

It was about 4 in the morning. I was doing sweeps of med-high value buildings under the coat of darkness. My friends were kind enough to outfit me with an extra pair of nvgs they had lying around. I had done this sweep only once before. Even though it was still night I knew that this task was incredibly dangerous as many seemed to have the same idea as I. The plans were always simple ones. Check the surroundings for any others then go in and out before anyone stumbles upon my operation. I told myself not to fire a single shot unless absolutely necessary. Any compromisation of my position could be deadly to say the least.

There were already two close encounters before this particular one. One inside a supermarket where just as I was leaving through the back I saw a door on the other side open. Luckily he didn't see me and I high-tailed it outta there. A fight is a risk of death and until I got all my goods back to my groups camp, death is most certainly not an option. Especially with loaned nvgs. Another was near a med value barn. I had heard gunshots not to far off and out a door I saw two zombies drop. Again I escaped with what valuables I could find and headed to the final destination before turning back. The northwest airfield. On the way I stopped by a dear stand to check for supplies just outside and saw a man run nearby with two zombies tailing him. He stopped to take one out and then continued sprinting in the general direction I was heading. He didn't seem to have anything on him but I tailed him a little bit before losing him in the foliage. I didn't think he would run into the base so I continued towards my main target, the barracks. I made sure that I did not move into the line of sight of the tower that overlooks the area and slipped behind the barracks. My heart is racing because when I enter the airfield I knew that if I'm to run into someone hostile. It would be here. It has happened before and I got out by the skin of my teeth, accidentally leaving behind raw meat probably alerting them of my past presence but it did not compare to what happened on this night.

I had entered the facility constantly looking around for even the slightest hint of movement that wasn't a zombie. I made sure to listen for even the faintest sound of a humans footsteps and god forbid the sound of a gunshot. I got to the entrance of the barracks and something caught me for surprise. The door was not open. I thought there was no way someone wasn't there before. I didn't think too much on it but I opened the door anyway with my heart beating ever faster. The door swings open and I saw what I feared the most. I saw a man, crouched, looking directly at me. He had frozen mid-step as he saw me at the door a man with night-vision googles, camo, and AK at the ready. Time stood still. He may have been a model, a character without the ability to express emotion but I could see the fear in his eyes. The sheer terror that washed over his face. I could see him shitting his pants at the very sight of me. And likewise I'm certain he saw the same of me. It only took a split second and then I noticed light, I instantly started firing in self-defense. I'm blinded as my AK-74's muzzle flash over loads my goggles. Then after that burst I duck to the side of the building for cover, as well as to check for damage which I neglected to pay attention to during the heat of the moment. I look at my blood icon. I'm not bleeding. I look at the status effects. Nothing. I look at my total blood. 12k. I was unscathed. Then I notice something pop up on the bottom left of my screen. TreviParasite has been killed. I peer back inside the doorway. I saw a man slumped over. It was this very same man that I looked dead in the eyes not 2 seconds ago. He had only moved one step. One step to his right towards the cover of a former soldier's room. He didn't make it. I now looked at the top-right corner of my screen. One thing caught my eye. Murders: 1. My first human kill. I had instantly justified that point as a kill or be killed situation so I moved over to quickly check his body for supplies before making off before someone might come and investigate. Heart pounding furiously. As I sifted through all he had I realized one glaring fact. He had no handgun. The light I saw was that of a flashlight which I mistook for a gunshot that I didn't hear the sound of because I could only hear my own. Regrets started flowing into my adrenaline pumped brain. Heart still beating wildly in my chest. Immediately I run the scenario through my head. The only thing I saw before I started shooting was his frozen body. No attempts to switching to his primary weapon. Which I was delighted and horrified to find was a DMR. A DMR with exactly one full clip. Judging by this I instantly surmized that he most like just got it within the building because some of the areas but not all were already cleaned out. He probably was full of excitement before the fated moment. Uncertainty followed suit of my regrets upon seeing that DMR. As happy as I was to see it resting with his body I knew that if he had that powerful gun out before I started my terror-filled bloodbath. Then the tables would have been reversed. I was now unsure whether or not he had the intent to kill me. The intent that filled me the moment I saw opposition. I continued going through his stuff and now the gun that makes me so uneasy now rests within my ALICE backpack. The backpack that used to be his. A backpack that was initially filled to the brim with canned food, medical supplies, and a tent. I pray I never have to use that gun. If I do I hope to be doing it for something more black and white. After a quick sweep of the area for more stuff, I stopped by his body and even though I knew he wouldn't hear it, I gave him a quick apology through direct communication before setting off for the tower.

I learned a little about myself that night. The fact that if put in a life or death situation. I will not hesitate. I learned that even though I had no problem killing someone if it truly was a kill or be killed moment but I cannot rest easy if there was a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't the case. I cannot feel good about killing a man in possibly cold blood. I do not know how things could have turned out if he merely was about to communicate. However, I do know this: TreviParasite was probably doing the exact same thing I was. Sweeping for supplies.

Edited by ExplorationKingVyse
  • Like 2

Had quite a run of events last night! I understand that this is long, and I’ve broken it up to chapters? To make it maybe more interesting or easier to read.

Backstory (Boring Bit)

We found the Ural Civilian in pretty decent condition, but it could do with fixing, so while one of us stayed to over watch the vehicle the other ran to the NW airfield to try and get some parts. Are luck was amazing; we found scrap metal and fuel in the first hanger!

We then decided to stock up the truck with everything we could we travelled to: Vybor - Pustoshka - Habaino - Stary Sobor - Gorka - Berezino - Krasnostav. looting everything we could, we wasted no time, we drive right to where we wanted (Supermarket, Hospital, Barns) loot everything then speed off, barely spending more than 5 minutes in each location. We didn't see another player all night... until later.

Another friend of ours came online and we explained we had found a Truck, so we went back to NW airfield to pick him up. There were now shots in the distance so he ran and met us and we drove off. No sticking around. We looted different places before we decided to head back to Berezino...

Trouble beginning at Berezino:

We drove back to the hospital hoping for a fresh supply of blood bags; however two of us were suffering from Graphical Glitches . So we both restarted our game (seems to work for now) while our third friend went to the hospital. He got there, grabbed what he could (however by now a lot of zombies were about) I log back in and jump back in my driver’s seat. I somehow misclick and set the horn off. That was it... EVERY zombie in Berezino was on to us. I jumped out and we all ran back to the truck, we must of killed 150 zombies between us. We kill most, finish off one more then more would spawn! We had a M249, M16A2, and M4A1 not the quietest guns! My friend was hurt badly. He had to bandage while we kept fighting... It seemed never ending. We started to run low on Ammo, so we dived into the truck and drove off.

As it turns out, that was the easiest part of the evening...

Look a boat!

A fourth and final friend that he would log on soon, but was NW, however he said he would run south and meet us, so we decided to head to factory below Berezino. No drama there got some repair parts for the truck. Heading south along the coast, I suddenly spot something. A boat! (May I add that by this point it had been a few hours without any contact, so I apologise for the bandit action, it bites us later). I spin the truck round and we follow it and get past. We all jump out and light it up! I can only imagine the players face as to what was happening. He was just boating along, when a truck comes out of nowhere and opens fire. He was headshotted and boat destroyed.

If this was you, we apologise, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time buddy!

Never go to Cherno..(Attack 1)

We got back in our truck laughing at previous actions, now heading to Kamenka, where our final friend was heading. We drove thought Solnichniy – Kamyshovo and even Eletrco fine, we thought we were going to have a trouble free journey… nope! We enter Cherno, we decided to go thought the middle / coast side to avoid mountain snipers! Driving at a good speed when all of a sudden, two appeared out a building and opened fire at us immediately (1 Winchester and 1 Pistol). Friend 3 is hit. 12k – 3k and bleeding! I drive round a corner he jumps out and behind a wall and starts bandaging. Friend 2 jumps out and hides. I stay in the truck. They come running around the corner for the truck, bringing a lot of zombies with them. I drive forwards, one is following me. I hear a fire fight break out! Can hear my friends over Skype, the confusion who was who, they killed one of our attackers, however Friend 3 was passed out, and Friend 2 suffering graphical glitches so reset his game. I was being chased by a man with a Winchester and a lot of zombies. I made a mistake and put it into a corner; I slammed it into reverse and span the truck round. I hit the guy! And knocked him out, I wasn’t taking chances; I jumped out, 2 shots to the head, 1 murder. Sorry friend. He had nothing, but a tent and the normal equipment and some food. I only had time to grab the tent, before jumping in the truck and heading back to help my friends. Found them Epi-penned Friend 3 and blood bagged, panicking as we knew people will have heard us! Friend 2 needs blood bagged. We were all alive and on our way! We sped off…

Never go to Cherno (Attack 2)

We can see the edge of the city! We are going to make it! All of a sudden automatic rifle fire opens on us! Man in a Ghillie by the supermarket behind us someone shouts! In Panic I alt and look behind us while trying to angle the truck so we were protected! However I wasn’t looking where I was going. SMASH! Right into something. Front left wheel gone engine damage! SHIT! It wasn’t driveable. Friend 3 with the M249 jumped out on the left, me on the right, our attacker must of not known how many there was of us. But Friend 3 went full on Rambo emptying nearly a full clip! He’s down. He has some equipment I didn’t have, quick loot and we were off. But the truck was damaged…

Priority number 1, find a spare tire! The only parts we didn’t have! My friends ran back in Cherno to the nearest industrial building. I sat in the Supermarket, my heart pounding; I knew there would be more heading to us. Our luck was back! First building they entered, we had a tire! I ran out to help them fix it (mistake) it was ready, when all of a sudden we here reloading (very close). “Someone is in the supermarket!!” We spilt and run towards the doors. A lot of bullets exchanged! “I’m hit!!” Friend 3 is hit 1k blood and bleeding. Friend 2 takes down our second attacker but by now zombies were all around. I was fending them off. Friend 3 bleeds out and dies.

We clear the zombies. I run into the Supermarket. Pick up Friend 3’s M249 and Coyote backpack (with DMR) and his other equipment. We run back to the truck and head west.

Lady luck was with us again; our friend spawned just west and easily found us. He decided to run back and see if he could get my M16A2 and Alice pack back (even though we had FAL, AKM, AK-74) in the truck. This was a mistake. He got there and got the gun but while looking for the Alice pack was sniped… We decided to move on. He spawned at Kamenka, just where our friend 4 was heading.

The Final Siege

We set off once more. Passed Balota and Komarovo. We were close to Kamenka, when we suddenly see two guys in the road. Heavy armed! I can’t go round it would slow the truck down. We go on direct chat, just passing thought guys, they asked us to stop and for food, but we weren’t taking any chances we had already been injured enough. They got closer, I hit the gas and sped off, they opened fire! 2 AKM’s? I was hit thought the truck 10k to 6k! Bleeding but not heavily. We all thought the town/village. We find Friend 3. “GET IN!” and we sped off down the road to the woods. We stop behind the trees, I am healed up, and Friend 3 rearms himself at the truck. I pass him the DMR from his bag, and keep the M249 for myself.

Gunshots! But not at us. It was the guys we had just seen, they were fighting zombies thinking we had left. Payback time!

I run north into the woods then east then back south to the edge of the village, Friend 2 with the M4A1 goes towards the coast and the Friend 3 Sniper sits on the tree line / road. We saw them, now 3 strong. This was going to be tense. They were in the shit though.. A lot of zombies, they were running. They ran into a building with only 1 exit. They were trapped. I had eyes on the door. Zombies were piling in, bullets constantly being fired. We let them waste there ammo. Soon the sound changes to pistols. The zombies are dead. A guy comes running out. I open fire. No mercy. He runs round the building to the other side. Friends 2 and 3 engage. Can see him bleeding. He runs back to the doors. I open fire again. 1 Bandit kills.

I am suddenly engaged, pistol rounds hitting the tree i'm next too, zombies also running at my direction, I’m up and sprint to the woods. I lose the zombies and creep round to the house again; Friend 2 crawls up to the house. Smoke grenade to the windows blocks there view to me. Frag Grenade in the door. Boom. Bandit kill for Friend 2. One more. We scout thought the windows. Attacker 3 had died... Must of been hit and passed out. We looted there bodies. Nothing we didn’t have. Friend 4 (Finally) arrived. And got some NV’s and a new weapon. We hid the bodies and got back to the truck. We had made it... We drove north east to our camp. Saved the truck and logged off.

Single greatest day I have every played on DayZ. :D

If you read all of this, then you sir/madam have my beans :beans: . It is nice to share the stories and I hope you enjoyed reading it as I did writing it!

Edited by MitchRan91
  • Like 1

Ok its gonna be quite a story so i would recommend a drink and popcorn on this one :P

My name was Xardorian and this is my story:

I spawned at the coast line next to a small lighthouse. It was dark so could not see alot. I went up the lighthouse to navigate, and seen a small village closeby with what looked like a hangar. Slowly walking my way up there. Once inside the hangar i find some decent starting stuff like a: Hunting knife, hatchet, barbed wire, chem lights, beans and soda. Then i got called by bernd on skype actually scared the heck outa me >:( And this is where it actually all started and where it went to hell quickly. He asked what town i was at. Ofcourse i had no idea where i was since im new to the game (NOOB). He said go outside and look for a sign near the road. He hang up to help a patient as i made my way outside. Once near the sign i see im in a place called Kamarovo and went back to the building i came from and went up the ladder and layed down on some sort of metal rail. I told bernd on skype i was currently at Makarovo and he said to wait for them. Once i alt tabbed back into game i see zeds walking in the building like 8 to 10 of them. I than moved to the roof and asked bernd and his team if zeds can climb ladders. He answered no yet his friend answered some can. 3 mins after asking that i see zeds climbing up the ladder. Grabbed my hatchet and killed about 6 of them. When i looked down i see the whole place is swarmed with zeds and they all are around the building. i fought them off till i got over run and fell of the roof into the small entrance building next to it. By now i have around 7000 blood a broken leg and in shock. I stopped the bleeding and took pain killers but i was stuck there. So contacted bernd he said he was going to get backup and will come to help me. waited about 10 mins than seen a survivor run inside the building being followed by someone else. i thought they where friends first. Till i hear one saying he is friendly and hear 3 gunshots :| All zeds came running in the building. I got scared so i dced and waited for the medic team to arrive. within 5 mins i get a message saying they are on the way to come and help me and we meet in US1172 server. After looking like 10 mins for that damned server i logged in. As bernd calls me and they talking bout a bandit being near. the medical overwatch takes em down as they come fly near me and ask if i needed medical support. I applyed yes and i got into the chopper. Once landed they gave me a bloodbag and morfine to patch me up. After discussing where to drop me off we went to stary sober after picking up the sniper overwatch near the treeline. After flying a bit we seen a crashed heli. We went down they took down the zeds but all we found was a fall and no ammo. We went back into the chopper and flew on towards stary and see another crash site! We flew over there but our pilot had a lagg spike and got kicked from the server.... the medic team and myself pummled down in the helicopter and we all died during the crash ^_^ So we had some intense moments and some laughs. first time in a chopper or see a crash site and flying in a helicopter with wagners: flight of the valkyries music Made my day one of the most fun and exciting DayZ days ever. So for all who rescued me and died with my Thank you for all the fun i had yesterday with u guys. :D Best moment so far in DayZ

My friend informs me that he raided a tent earlier and he found me a .50 cal sniper rifle. He took a silenced M4 for himself. This is our first experience having a rare weapon in DayZ. So what do we do? We decide to kill other players.

Complete darkness, my friend and I camp out on the hillside outside of Elektro overlooking the power plant. I had the only night vision googles so I had to guide him around in the darkness. We lay in wait for what seems to be hours. Suddenly, I hear a strange sound: a whirring. A huge spotlight comes on. "Get under the trees!!" I shout in panic as the light comes within feet of us. We wait under the trees for it to pass. It must have been the most terrifying couple of minutes ever.

Looking downrange, I spot a newbie with his flashlight on climbing a tower in the distance. I scope him and pull the trigger, the rifle rips out a powerful shot. Like lightning, it lights up the night, thundering echo throughout the hillside we're laying on. I swear I could even feel the earth shaking under me. It's too dark to tell if I hit him. I could only see the silhouette of the tower with my scope and my night vision doesn't zoom far enough. It seems like I missed; he's still standing. I let another shot out. He must have seen where the shot came from. Scared shitless, he runs to the other side of the tower. Minutes pass by, no sign of him. He must have logged out or jumped off.

My friend tells me that it was the most awesome thing he'd ever witnessed in DayZ.

Edited by shinter

Tonight was pretty cool. Really opened my eyes to how great this game can be if you've got friends and perserverance.

There's was a sort of critical ratio when my DayZ buddies (none of whom I know IRL) start inviting their buddies, and pretty soon there's only two people on the whole server we're NOT skyping with.

We start out intending to betray one of our own for his NVGs and shit, but that never really happens. We get picked up in a GAZ just south of the airfield and head up the main access road, only to be anally fucked by two dickheads named Landon and Dylan, who then proceeded to taunt us the rest of the game in sidechat. We exchanged some delicious verbal abuse over mics.

I experienced having to run across the entire map, which was an experience in discipline, to be sure. I realized I have gotten really fucking good at navigating without an ingame map to supply a location. This time we got picked up in a heli, which was an amazing experience. In Arma 2 riding helicopters was like riding the bus, no big deal, but now that it can all be taken away at a moment's notice, it imbues it with a special quality.

I logged out much wealthier than when I logged in, which I did not expect at all. You really have to make your stashspots in this game and hide 'em good so you have something to fall back on when you die.

Lastly, let me relate the story of my second death ever to you. I was still alone at this time, trying to hack it by myself. I had found a tent, a lee enflield and a ton of food and water, and my intent was to go up into the hills above cherno and hide out. I'm in the top floor of a barn when I log in, it's pitch black. I'm still new at this point, and stupidly I don't turn up gamma, I pop a chemlight.

Bang. Right through the fucking head. Looks like someone else was in my hiding spot. At least I scared the shit out of him.

• Like 1

One time this private server was testing a mod I wrote out called the dayz social mod which basically adds 2 more things to HUD called the heart meter and the brain meter. And a choice between man and woman. The brain is like insanity level which is like if your alone long enough or see someone get killed you person will eventually go insane which will cause shakiness and passing out. The love meter adds. Kissing interactions and animations. With sex animations everything with love. If your Heart goes up so will your brain.

To relieve insanity you give them a drug which I added in call phesoramate which is found in hospitals

One day me and my irl girlfriend were walking down the road and saw an insane guy who was shaking pretty bad and had no control over his mouse which I added

So me and my gf had son phes (which is short for phesoramate) and we gave it to him but we didn't realize he was a bandit so when he was sane he shot me with a bullet and I darted away with my gf and hid when violence starts your heart meter starts pumping and they want sex as a turn on. So after we shot the bandit I came back to my place and kissed her and after we had sex ( the animation lasts for 10 minutes and maybe we were gonna put the mod public but idk when the mod will go public. Its our clans private server on the map lingor island and we switch between lingor and chernogorsk

First time spawn in Elektro, thought to myself brilliant, low pop server lets just get round the Zeds and go collect some decent loot and move on.

Running across the docks I agro a Zed which begins to chase me. For some stupid reason I decide to climb up one of the cranes and upon getting to the second ladder in order to climb higher I glitch, fall off break my legs and then get my face chewed off and die.

Just another day in Chernarus i guess.

Well, a image says more than 1000 words, and if you get 30 images per secound for 7 minutes, you got yourself some epic storytelling :) It's about killing a cheater, and stealing his stuff (do note that I didn't know he was cheating while playing, it just was wierd when I edited it :)

(Also, it's not over when he dies, it will get even more intense.)

interesting. you should have noticed he was hacking as soon as you killed him the second time and saw all that gear on him, or when he was invisible shooting at you. it took you going back thru the footage for you to realize?

Was going to the Airfield at the coast next to Cherno, I spot two guys running across and decide to leave them alone. I desynced abit as I was walking toward the warehouse and all of a sudden two guys on direct chat told me to stop. So I did then I saw them aiming at me, one sat back and watch while the other demanded me to drop my hatchet (lol) and then he told me to drop my backpack. This has to be one of the most intense situations in DayZ after getting into firefights with super geared bandits.

So I asked if they could let me go and the guy goes "sooo what should we do with him?". Then the guy that was covering his pal while he grabbed my gear just ran off and the other guy looks away then looks back at me and kills me. While I was annoyed that I had to respawn and stuff it was actually a really awesome experience to actually get robbed, and my heart was going mental as it was occuring.

Edited by SpecTreXn
  • Like 1

Heading north after re gearing at the coast last night (stalininsky camps are the best to raid) I was near the factory by Polana. All of a sudden I hear a motor, and see the blue minibus driving on the road 100m behind me. I rush up the hill, and watch as the pull ub by the factory.

Heart racing, I switch to the as50. No time to check range, looks pretty far so I smack the zero up to 800. As this is happening a guy exits the minibus and checks gear. I sight up on him and let fly. Iss. They freak the fuck out. I put 9 into the van. All miss. The bug out. I check range. 300m. Fuck.

I stalk the, for 10 mins, come. Lose to getting another shot but they get away. Bet I scared the shit out of them though!