Me and my friend went to the fire station in Elektro (the one by the power plant) and we went inside and we saw a dead player there, then we went to go climb the side ladder outside and there were two dead players there. Weird. So when we climbed up there were another two dead players. We both immediately yelled "THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!". Later on we were sniping up on the hill north of the fire station and we killed a group of 3 players.

Me and 2 people. (my girlfriend anna and my best friend Matt) we were pretty geared up and we were on a large server (50+ at the time)

We had a clan ( 17 people in the clan) and we were held up in Electro in a large house. We had food, water, weapons and a helicopter. On day a bandit wandered in and shot anna with a makarov in the shoulder. I ran in and let out a mag of my akm on him and he goes down. I realized we didn't have meds or bandages. I let out a med aid plea and sure enough a guy came with blood bags, epi pens. Everything we needed. Anna passed out and he gave us meds. Another bandit came and shot 12 rounds in the air with his lee enfield

Which attracted a lot of zeds. Our friend had an ak47 or something and he just sprayed it on them and the bandit. I dragged Anna in another room while I stood at the doorway not letting anything at her. Eventually our friend downed and Matt was covering Anna. We finished the zeds off and we walked over to our friend

He said to kill him and save Anna

I hesitated

He told me to kill him and use his supplies to help Anna

I shot him

It was quick I saved Anna and me and our friend sat085 the dude who saved us came to join our clan

That's a sign of kindness in a zombie apocalypse

• Like 1

About time I posted... I'll compensate that with a long post :P

Norway 1, 18:00-ish, 6/8 2012

I spawn outside Elektro. The server was just hacked, I died in the dark.

It didn't matter much, I had barely made it out of elektro in my last play, my end: a survivor in a firestation, desperate, out of ammo, cornered by Z's, butterfingered and armed with a frag grenade. He took us all. Survivor and Zombie alike.

Feeling explorative - I've hung around Norway 1 for quite some time. When I started playing, the only decent pinged veteran servers was Norway 1 and 2.

You had to wait ages to get in, nowadays it's half-full at best.

Instead of venturing into cherno I head east. I come upon the islands of Otmel.

Checking my lootmap I spy a big green square. So why not.

I swim out to the islands, run around a few Z's.

Find myself a DMR mag and a bunch of cans.

OH WELL. Back to the mainland. I bump into someone.

I don't know his name. I'm not armed, neither is he.

We give each other a curt greeting as we rush past, I tell him to mind the zombies.

I reach Kamishyo, unarmed.

I buzz between the houses looking for loot. The congaline stretches far but a few quick corner rids me of most Zs

By the train station I find an axe. It is - to me still unknowing - to be my trusty friend through my session.

I make short process of the two lingering Z's and continue to loot the town. Loot is scarce on the coast.

The greatest find is a wire kit.

I head north, past a farm, around a few zombies (with axe-holes in them), thru the barn a can of beans richer.

Lacking map or compass I navigate by landmarks and web based lootmap (I could write 'by heart'... but that would almost be undue bragging, I only know half the island by hart by now)

I follow a dirt leading up a hill, trailing to Zombies when I see additional movement in the corner of my eye.

I disregard the shadow - another Zombie I'm soon to loose zig-zaging the woods.

But this shadow is different. It's standing still. It has a combat vest. And it's trying to scare me.

I stop and stare at the shadow.

It's a survivor. A dark man, in a dark shirt with dark sunglasses.

Unarmed. Imitating zombie noises.

I *tsk* in his general direction and continue up the road.

But he persists, mumbling incoherent gibberish over VON

My mic is broken (as will be proved later), so I type. It worked in the old Operation Flashpoint days, and it still works just as well (humbug etc.)

He tells me we should head west.

I'm bored of the west, the north and the south. I haven't been to the east much. I tell him so, and tell him to tag along if he wants to.

We set off

I don't know who he is

It doesn't really matter I think - I have to the axe and a revolver

We cross the summit of the hill, standing on the outskirts of Tulga.

"Here, take this, only use it in emergencies" I tell him and drop my revolver

"Brown longhouse, by the road, right side" I grumble and set of

He must think me mad, but follows suit.

I slay some Zs with my axe outside the targeted building, bag a bandage and head indoors

My mystery companion follows me thru the door

As I check the interiors I hear a shot

"Was that you?" I wonder, he might have though himself cornered

"NO" is all that be types back

Fiddlesticks

I clearly heard 'the crack' - the bullet went straight past us

We scramble into position. MY pulse is suddenly racing, pounding in my ears

My companion boldly stands by the doorway pointing his revolver out the door, I position myself just by the door with my axe, ready to strike anyone who dares enter

Silence

"THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE!" my companion types.

In caps

I try to come up with a plan

I sacrifice myself, running outside screaming, with my axe, they'll start to fire upon me and my companion will take upon an unknown number of people with automatic rifles

Brilliant

Bloody brilliant

Instead of sudden gruesome death they type back

Something like "LOL did we scare you?"

"No"

"No, not at all"

"I'll just go fetch me some clean pants, brb"

There's two of them

One guy with an dinner bell and one with a russian thunderstick

By sophisticated dialectic analysis I deduce that they are from Gothenburg (Sweden)

In my mind, I give them names

Glenn, and Glenn

I brief them of my plans

I hear nothing from them, but they follow

Why, I do not know

Maybe it's my natural charisma, supreme leadership skills or combat prowess

Or the fact that I'm no 'threat' (still clutching me axe)

Or they were just bored, I will never know

We continue towards Tulga in a tactical fashion resembling a line in the same way that bricks have wings and nest a lot church towers

We also manage to aggro each and every zombie along the way

Glenn and Glenn immediately stops, hug the ground and open up on the zombies

The thunderstick and dinner bell ring

The zombies answer

I laugh at their feeble attempts at survival, shrug them off and I proceed to cleave a zombie in two

My odd companion runs around me, chased by zombies.

Being largely unarmed, a revolver with mere six rounds, he is mostly depending on me and my axe to survive

Witch he does

To my great astonishment Glenn and Glenn rejoin us, although they do not fire their weapons anymore

Instead they hide, and run around spruces

I make short work of the zombies

The town of Tulga is somewhat secure, We gather the spoils of zombie appocalypse and head over the next hill

I give Glenn another clip for his dinner bell

The other run around in circles

Someone throws a blue glowstick and picks it up

It's all rather lol

We head down the hill across the field

Suddenly my litter of Glenns are gone

Gunshot

Now what

"Cow" someone types

"There's a goat too" I inform them and run after it

However the smell of imminent merciless axe death scares the critter and it runs of

I give chase (have you ever tried to axe a running goat?)

Time passes

The critter dies (eventually)

"DÖ GETJÄVEL" (loosely translate into "DIE SATAN WORSHIPING GOAT FROM HELL" - or not)

Fully stocked with meat (and still glowing blue) we follow the road north along the shore

The rain has been falling hard the past fifteen minutes and we are all staring to get cold

I pass along the one heatpack I have since my new found animal slaying fellows are worse off

It is no use however

Soon, we are all coughing

We reach a fork in the road, the other follow the road inland, I object, but my headset won't work

I fall behind, we all get scattered

It's a hard to keep up and at the same time try to troubleshoot my faulty sound setup

I cath up with them by a barn, by now we are all wet, cold and coughing

We run upon zombies, they are dispatched after a few laps around the barn house

The coughing makes us weary and we decide to head for Berez, hospital, antibiotics, a cure

I try once again to get my microphone working

By know we've all come realize that we share a common ground

We're all swedes

Lol

Suddenly Glenn is gone

Glenn mutters something

I try again to get my mic working

And so, Glenn is also gone

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish

It is only me and my companion

I take the time to get to know him

I look up his name, it's Crueger

Hi

By now my health is at half mast

Slaying zombies hand to hand is as delightful as it is deadly

Slowly each missed swing eat of at my own health

Slowly each cough bring down my health still

We press on

North

Salvation!

Etc.

We come upon the town of Orlovets

Strained i type

(not really, couldn't be arsed more like)

"Town, matches!"

We need to get warm, or cook some meat, regain strength!

We find nothing but zombies and two more clips for my companions newly found dinner bell

My health drains, the world stats to loose it's color (the few that the zombie apocalypse already haven't washed out)

we press on, along the paved road this time

Lacking maps or compasses, we still navigate by landmarks

Near death, I start to get desperate and foolish (not really, I'm always recklessly impulsive)

A few scattered houses on the outskirts of Berez

I check the lootmat, a few blue dots are scattered among the houses, I move in

I aggro every zombie in the neighborhood and half the next county

I go down, bones broken, hourglass

(Surprise)

My companion stands by me as the hourglass slowly drains

He opens up with his dinnerbell summoning the other half of the neighboring county as well

He moves, swiftly, firing, moving, running out of ammo, changing to the revolver I gave him an hour earlier, dropping a few more Zeds

The gun clicks, it's empty, one last straggler lunges for him

I relieve the wretched being of it's head

Then I bandage my wounds

Then I faint from blood loss

Everything is still and grey

He asks me how I'm faring

"1967" I reply

I gulp down some beans

"2567"

We set of

Now we're in a real hurry

We manage to reach the orchard on the southern outskirts of Berezino

Then the glitches and Zombies hit us

I loose all sight

Everything is just large gray and black polygons dancing a jagged techno-like dance across my screen

I don't see the town

I don't see my companion

I can't even see the Zeds anymore

So I do whatever any other half-dead, soon to be zombiefood, 'hallucinating' from blood loss, sensible man would do

I charge headlong into a mob of screaming shufflers with my axe

They go down as if they were made of paper

I cry in triumph

But my companion is gone

I cannot find him

(well, I can't see bloody anything for the bugging corpses)

I press on towards the hospital, so close

I though, my companion would meet me there

I stumble into the yard, a zed catches me off guard

My leg breaks, the hourglass return, I scream, regain control and crawling in the filth I somehow end the shuffling bastard

Crawling on my belly reach the hospital reception

A wall of glass greets me

"Good day to you, wall of glass, pleased to meet you, this is a friend of mine AXE"

I faint two more times before I manage to find some morphine for my leg

I stock up on all the medical goodness that are scattered across the floor

But my companion is nowhere to be seen

I faint again

My blood is almost gone

I scamper around the hospital, asking for him in the direct comm's channel

No reply

I try to find him, but I can't see 5 meters in from of me because of all the glitching corpses

I get an idea, grab a bag of flares and start to chuck them at the hospital

"This ought to get him here"

Or get him dead

Or me

But nothing

I check the playerlist

Gone

Resigned and still coughing I give up

But I decide to give to all one last go

The military tents are not far

I make it there without getting trashed by more zombies

I will go down

But I will go down screaming, clutching the biggest and meanest automatic weapon to be found

Squeezing of round after round into the soft cancermob of zombies that will soon devour me

But no

I faint

A single zombie catches up with me

My blood is to low, I do not get up

I die

Valar Morgulis

But I die smiling

So many times before have I died because of my own recless abandon halfway up ladders, in the backstreets of cherno, munched by a hungry mob of Zeds

Or, the times I have just fallen pray to a snipers bullet

I die smiling, Thank you Glenn, Glenn and mysterycompanion (Crueger) for the moments we shared

Tl;dr

Random DayZ escapades, I met a bunch of random people, noone knew the other, we (mostly I) slayed zombies (with and axe, 57 kills in the end), i died

'twas fun

The end

• Like 2

Thats the spirit Drake Sigar, its good to at least read that there are other players out there somewhere not just out for blood.

I normally do not get into a server that starts me off in pitch black night, but I thought maybe no one else does right? I stumbled across a small fort in the middle of the woods after doing some walking along the roads, I approached as cautiously as possible, and staying vigilant to my surroundings, I crept my way into the fort to look for any supplies I needed. I was just entering the fort tower(or w/e it was.. don't even know where this spot was+was dark, was new life, no map.) While i was stowing some beanz i heard a player call my name on his mic "Hey, Ash..?" All I got out was a "Oh sh--" and bolted from the area inside, back into the woods where I kept low, I could still faintly here him, I knew he was coming my way so due to experience with 90% of player encounters being fatal I keep running, making my way back to the road. I figured I had lost him, or he gave up the hunt and let me be on the way, he can have his canned beans. Shortly down the road after, I hear someone running up close to me from the woods, it turns out to be my stalker from the fort, he greeted me with a gillie suit and NV gifts, but also a gun pointed at my head, just in case I was going to aim one at him would figure. After few words, and thanks for free goodies, we went about our business. Sorry if my story is boring from reading it, I tried to shorten it the best I could lol. :P I even happened across the same guy later on, cruising around on his dirt-bike, offered me a ride, declined however, was time for sleep. It just goes to say, everyone is going to play a certain way, and that is what makes DayZ what it is right now, even if the #'s feel like its 3-1 most times.

Edited by Ash_Lee

So, I started a couple days after my friends and they had already gotten a bus. They repaired it and stocked it up with some gear. One of them was on when I started so he drove down the coast to pick me up. We drove north to find fuel and an Alice pack for myself. I stayed in the bus to keep it safe while my friend scavenged a grocery store. Unfortunately for him, he got caught by a mob of zombies on his way out. There was no way I could save him, but I still hopped out of the bus equipped with my trusty hatchet. I swung wildly around smacking zombies in their faces. I eventually killed all of them but it was too late for my friend. I took the bus south to pick up up again and bring him his gear. I had to go eat lunch or something like that, so he took the bus and continued on his way. Note: I put ALL of my stuff in the bus. My friend was driving happily down the road in his rather large bus. The all of a sudden, the bus stopped. He had been shot by a sniper down the road.

So, in the end. the sniper got both of our things along with the bus. Luckily enough, we had a friend still alive in polana with some gear on him. Then we realized he had two broken legs and was stuck in the grocery store. But it's all good, because we got to him and we're about back to where we were before the bus incident.

Now that I have plenty of medical gear, plenty of food and a large belt of tools, I am ready to start living. I will loot the school and the supermarket in Vybor and then set off east in search of a motorcycle. Along my way, I will pass just south of the southern barracks of the Northwest Airfield. This presents me with opportunity and dilemma. Should I try to find more ammunition for my Kobra? Something tells me that automatic weapons are a dangerous path. In order to keep them supplied, I must frequent the more dangerous zones. Also, they are far noisier and inspire more fear in others, others whose trust I may wish to gain. I could simply abandon this weapon, for which I have no ammunition, in favor of a civilian Winchester or Lee Enfield, whose ammunitions are more plentiful and found in more domestic locations. The alternative to both these solutions would be to search every deer stand that I can on my way east. This would either yield more ammunition for my Kobra or present me with another weapon choice. Also, I’ve heard talk of a crashed helicopter south of Vybor. While potentially dangerous, this would provide me with another option on my quest for adventure and life. I set out tomorrow, as soon as the sun rises and the zombies stop shrieking. Do they ever stop? They were quiet when I came into the town, earlier this evening. Could there be someone else here?

I heard a sound out the window. I think that’s what woke me up. By my watch, it’s 2:37 in the morning. I fell asleep more than an hour after writing the first page. The sounds those things were making were horrible. They sounded almost excited. I’m surprised that I fell asleep at all. After waking and hearing the sound, I grabbed my pistol and chambered a round as quietly as I could. I waited for a minute or two and heard another sound that sounded like trash cans being knocked into; the round metal ones. Yes, I just used a semicolon. I’m grammatically conscious for sure. Even out here, where no one will ever read it but me. Actually I think that is kind of why I’m writing this. After searching the town a little, I entered this school. I believe it is a small elementary school. I found some sheaves of paper and toyed with the idea of writing a journal. I didn’t have to go far to find a couple pencils either. Eventually, I settled down to write, having nothing better to do in the growing darkness. Light was an issue, but my eyes adjusted and when it became completely dark, I used my flashlight, after making absolutely certain that the room I was in had all of its blinds drawn. Another thing about writing the journal nagged at me. I don’t know whether I’ll ever see or talk to another person again. I don’t know if there will be anyone left after I die. I don’t know whether I’ll die now, soon or later. I don’t even know whether the next person I see will shoot me for my supplies, as the people did who attacked us four five four days ago. I feel as though the rest of my possibly short life should be recorded, if only to give me the peace of mind that I will not be forgotten, though I realize that this will possibly never be read by anyone but me. Oh well. The noise I heard caused panic at first, and then caution and suspense, but nothing ever moved my heart more than when the crash of the afore mentioned trash cans were knocked over rather loudly after a few minutes. To my credit, I did not scream but only shook violently and became very, very aware of my surroundings. After the second sound, I became brave and went to the window in the direction of the sound. After I approached it, it took me a few seconds to muster the courage to pull up the blinds only an inch to peek to the ground below my second story position. After a half inch, the crash rang out into the night. Knowing that the sound would attract more zombies, I abandoned my reconnaissance efforts and crawled back to my corner and pulled my blanket around myself. I laid my weapons out in front of myself, loaded and ready. With my back in the corner, I tried sleeping. After a half hour of lying awake and hearing the occasional shuffling of a dead man outside the window, I decided I needed to do something to calm my nerves, so here I am writing this for no one to read. Another thirty minutes have passed and I’m starting to feel sleep once more. Hopefully I’ll sleep ‘til morning. We’ll see.

These two journal pages were found on a fresh body in the southern barracks at NWAF...

Edited by Male3Dante
  • Like 5

First real attempt at surviving. Still on that attempt as well :3

(Precious life backstory)

2 of my friends and i are going through balota. I have no weapon, as my friends have cleared the hangars and everything there. I meet with them and I get a set of binoculars, and an AK. My friends ask me to provide over watch on ten as they raid the deer stands to the SE of the strip. I use my binocs and provide over watch from the

top of the air traffic control tower. As they are halfway over there I'm calling out where the zombies are everything goes black. I realize I got shot. The shooter spawned next to me with an M16 and capped me in the head. I was loosing blood but I regained consciousness as I was yelling at my friends to spray in my direction to scare him off. It sure as hell worked! He logged and I regained consciousness with 2K blood. At the time, I was a noob so I didn't know he logged. I got down, no broken limbs but low blood. I got behind the fence as my friends combed the field. I passed the fence, as I saw a figure moving. My friend instantly killed me. So friendly fire sucks. They made their way to the deer stands, zombies got in the way, they died. We all started anew, met at the airfield restocked and looted our

Bodies and logged for the night. Next day (current life) my friend tells me I owe him an AK mag and I have raid the tents for it. (mind you the ak mag he used to kill me) I get there an I see a pile of zombies under a stand. I see a guy is looting the stands on the opposite Western face of the stands. I'm on the East side. I let him loot them, let him come to the one next to me, and as he climbs the ladder I shoot and kill him. (I know. Low blow.)

That is the only player kill I have ever commuted and felt horrible for it. But my asshole friend it the AK mag he wanted!!!

• Like 1

I was looting Cherno looking for ammo, supplies, etc., when I find the most fabled item of all.....

lYKYe.jpg

I spawned in elektro, found an Winchester, got shot at by the school and I assume it's a sniper so I head up where they usually are.

3mOZb.jpg

When I get close I start to crawl, I spot someone, and he gets shot and another survivor shows up and runs away. I looked around and it seems like that person ran away, so I looted the other guys body and found an M24 so I figured that I'd stay up there and kill server hopping snipers. Noone comes, I switch server, noone there either, but after 5-10 minutes, I hear someone shooting, there's a guy running around with an AS50, he starts to loot one of the dead bodies there, I shot and I hit his sniper, luckily I got the time to take another shot and he drops dead. 1 bandit kill, I approach and loot him, take his AS50 and 2 nato mags, then I got shot in the back, I had 2k blood left and I start running around and I get shot again.

I spawn in Elektro again, I loot the firehouse and find an M1014 with 16 shells, in the tower I find a M4A3 CCO but with no mags. I make it up the hill again to look for the guy who shot me, can't see anyone, then I see a dead body in a tree. I loot her body and find an AS50 TWS (Probably hacked in) and then I run away and log out.

So last night me and my group of 8 friends made a huge camp in the debug zone. We had it surrounded by sand bags and barb wire. We had gathered up 3 cars and a motorcycle along with most military guns in the game. At all times we had 3 snipers and a machine gunner on watch and the rest of us at night went on a convoy into the major cities kidnapping people at gun point and taking them back to our camp. So we arrived at cherno and found 2 newly spawned people and at gunpoint forced them in the cars. We then took them to our camp, but when we got there one tried to run away but one of our marksmen with a m24 shot him. Since the other guy admitted to being a friend of his we killed him too. 2 hours later we saw 5 cars coming towards us so we shot at em and disabled 3. The two that made it crashed into our base and blew up since they were rigged with c4. Then 15 guys ran out of the 3 other cars, one being a truck holding 7 men. They then charged head first assaulting out base base they put up a good fight but being in the open wasnt a good idea and were quickly dispersed of. We later found out the two guys we killed first were clan members and tried to get revenge with their friends.

Me and the small group of friends I play DayZ with were lucky enough to find not one, but two of both Antibiotics and Mountain Dew! We gathered a bike and tractor and bring them to a meeting spot. We fix up the Old Hatchback that has literally nothing except for the windscreen glass and drive it down south to end up logging off for the night. We find a Ghillie and Camo suit but forgot to save the vehicle and within minutes the server restarts. Goodbye clothing. At this point we're all at around 5,000 blood. While i'm off they pick up another friend who was new to the game and he tries to take guns out of the Hatchback. Goodbye M107 and Bizon, along with all the mags!

As they're driving up the road an ATV with two men occupying the seats are driving down the opposite direction. Obviously honking the horn at them is a good idea, just to say hi. The ATV turns on its tail and starts speeding at them. The ATV guy stops and starts shooting right as my friends do. The first guy gets his legs broken and dies immediately. The other guy gets back in and drives away.

I log back on and there are gunshots everywhere. I immediately dive to prone and turn around. Lo' and behold, the source of the gunshot. The second I break his legs Ghillie suit guy decides to ALT-F4. Whatever. My inventory was full anyway. My friends pick me up and we park the car at our new hiding spot. But on the way there we found a boat. We take that boat and start heading for the island with the chopper spawn to see if the chopper was there, as well as scout out nearby islands for a potential base location. On the way there we find and take another boat to start our convoy.

We make it to the island to find no chopper, but a boat already parked there and a tent filled to the brim with obviously duplicated vehicle parts and a main rotary assembly, as well as food, drink, and a DMR with plenty of ammo and other miscellaneous items. We took the DMR, ammo, ate all of the food and drink, filled our boats with our jerry cans and took his, took the frag grenade and blew up the tent with it. If you're reading this island guy we planned to take all the valuables and then leave a few bears traps around the tent at first to strand you without any food or water and broken legs. But we just left you for death by starvation or a sentence in the water to lose all your valuables instead.

Deciding that we should leave we took his boat and ours and returned to our hiding spot. We decided to raid a nearby town and our friend broke his legs and went unconscious from the pain after taking a short fall off a building. We reached him, killed the massive horde of zombies, and just barely managed to get him bandaged up at 200 blood. The guy who went down had been going on around 17 or 18 days survived. We returned to our boats and changed hiding spots again.

We brought the Old Hatchback to our hiding spot at that point. We decided that we would go to Stary Sober and raid the town and NWAF by splitting up. My friends got to the car while I was still getting on Dayz. Once they were all in the car their heads automatically exploded. One of them jokingly blamed it on hackers. Then once they re spawned a chainsaw wielding maniac came out of the ground wearing a spetsnaz suit and killed them all. At this point I began to suspect it might have possibly been hacker.

After some shenanigans involving chainsaws and the hacker spawning us antimaterial rifles and other assorted top tier gear for no reason, (which we sadly had to dump, because, y'know, they were spawned in) we all decided to head back to the hiding spot. I had stayed off to pick up my friends in the car when it was all over, but the car was now missing a tire and the windscreen glass. To top it off our tent had nothing in it now and my friends corpses remained but their guns were gone. Our mountain dew and antibiotics were gone as well. Another player had a nearby tractor which we left because we didn't really need one had some ammo for the one gun we had left in the hatchback so we took the ammo and repaid him in DMR mags and raw meat. Finally we all agreed to meet up back at a certain spot and from there we would wander.

Edited by MRJOEYBON

me and my two freinds had just spawned into a server. we were seperated and desperate. we had to find eachother, after dieing earlyer in this quest for glory and goods i had just repawned in kamarovo. me and my freinds were talking back and forth about how close we were and were we would meet up. then out of no were my one freind screams. out of no were he heard a voice...a little girls voice. it told him he was going to die. he turned the corner there was a person walking towards him. he started to run but was instantly killed by a masked person with a hatchet. then right befor he respwans in a town away im in a construction building i had just climbed up the stars when i here the same voice. i start to run down the stairs but am instantly cut down by the same masked figure. as im bleeding out and about to die he spins around me laughing in the same terribal voice.... after i die and me and my freind are both freaking out we deside to leave the server. are one freind is still there though in a desparet attempt to make it to cherno befor he logs off. as hes running down the beach he see's a figure walking towards him singing a song about killing him. he trys to run but meets are same fait. needless to say we we all left the server scared for are lives. this is a true dayz story. - angel96

• Like 2

I was playing on the map lingor island with my full clan which is 18 people

We met up in the northern island in a town ( I forget the name ) where we got ambushed by our enemy clan by 40+ people

It was a bloodbath in my clan only me and my friend matt survived

There were zombies everywhere. in the other clan they had taken 4 prisoners and lost about 20 ppl

They loaded the prisoners in a truck and drove off turns out they were big enemies on the server and they took a lot of prisoners and hid them in a warehouse so we got about 90 enemy's of the clan and marched to the warehouse we first shot enfields at them to draw zombies to them we saved most of the prisoners but they took my girlfriend hostage while playing a hardcore server

He had a revolver to her head

I jumped in me vs 12 bandits i shot them with a high powered rifle while the hostage taker ran to the back room whith my girlfriend

I told him to let her go he said to fuck off

I leaned in and blew his brains out but he managed to shoot my gf in the back

I fixed her up and took the hostage takers gear which was amazing

We took some prisoners a boat 3 Helos 9 apvs and 4 military trucks

We still rule the server

• Like 1

Karma-

So I decided to check the forums everyday since I got the game and read stories. There was this post about someone looking for a friend to play with and I hit him up through pm's a few days later we hop in ventrilo together and join the same server. I had to kill myself because I was trapped all alone way far away, he was up near Devil's Castle watching a helicopter crash site for me to loot because he was already decently geared. I respawn outside of Electro and just decide to run North as best as I could. An hour or so later I finally see Devil's Castle but not him. A few moments go by and he tells me "Hold on a second there is a guy here.".

Then a few moments go by and "How do you talk ingame?" I respond telling him how to change to direct chat and talk. I hear a gunshot ring out and his name pop up....died. I instantly turn around to where I heard the shot and ran towards it, when I finally see the helicopter I heard a voice come over comm. A sniper in a ghillie appears in front of me. I tell him that he shot my friend can I get his stuff? He leads me to his body and I loot everything as50, m9 sd, food, etc and when I do he tells me to drop them aiming the gun at my face, I do what he says and ask him if he has a blood bag because I was dieing of thirst and a zombie attack. I did what I could from my friends supplies, stopped the bleeding and refreshed myself with food and drink. I kept trying to chat with him and he says hold on a sec, I wait... and there it is a 4x4 truck spawns right at the top of his head and falls killing him. I instantly panicked looted his body and got my friends guns and any ammo the guy had and left the server. I assumed he was a hacker and would teleport back to me shortly. I got my friends AS50 back along with 6 nato clips for it since he only had 1.

Friendly Fire-

After the episode with the hacker we decide to meet at Devil's castle so I get out of Day Z and guide him to towns and whatnot with the Dayzdb.com map. He finds a ghillie and other things, at this time it is late and we decide to call it quits and that he would get to Devil's Castle the next day. Next day comes and we meet at the castle I give him his gear and we then decide to raid the airfield which was an experience. He got in position to scope it out while I reconed into the air strip for gear with a Bizon. I'm not a quiet survivor I was running and didn't find anything in the fire station/ air tower. I run out to check each of the hangars NADDA. He then tells me to turn right and run straight to get to the barracks, middle of the airstrip shots ring out and I begin to do a serpentine pattern. BAM a bullet smacks me in the leg dropping me to the ground, zombies smacking me I take care of them and wait a few seconds (not smart on my part I attempted to bandage or I would bleed out) I get coup de graced and die. I tell my friend the position of which the bullet came from and there were at least two people. He gets visual on one with a sniper and proceeds to take him out, 1 bullet and the guy dropped. Waited for a while and the second one appears sprinting. Leading him with his sniper he takes 2 shots and the guy is dead.

Now I had to make it my way back to him (ugh more traveling). I start out by raiding the Balota airfield and manage to get a PDW and later on in my travels a cz sniper. On my way toward Starry since we planned to raid the grocery for items and for food because he was starving, I stumble upon a deer stand with both a ak and an m16a2 I contemplate what to do with him and take the m16a2. Make it to Starry and meet up, we make our way to the grocery store and draw some aggro, I have my PDW out to minimize the aggro and open fire on the few zeds. One glitches through the door and my friend in ventrilo says "I shouldn't be in here" truer words have never been spoken. I flick to the glitching zed on my screen and bam I see my friends name pop up that he has died I managed to flick to his face and popped him dropping him in one shot while he was crouched. We kinda laughed a little and I guarded his body for dear life. Mean while names have been popping up frequent that they are dieing, then my friend tells me to grab his stuff and leave before I get targeted. A hacker was teleporting people in the middle of barbed wire and shooting people. Because he was getting some soda in game when it happened to him. So I grab his stuff and disconnect.

Car bombs -

We load up into another server, turned out his as50 wasnt in my inventory nor was his m9 sd. What a crappy night this has turned out to be. I manage to loot starry's military tents, no one was in the town surprisingly. I found 3 mags for my m16a2 some being sd ammo. After a few hours we meet up he has a train of zombies which we dispose of. I hand him what was his and my pdw proceeding to bandage him up with a blood tranfusion. Our plan was to go to starry again to raid the grocery store he spots a truck so he is army crawling to the truck while I keep a look out. He gets in, turns out it is a perfect truck and he drives away and a few zombies follow. I try to dispose of the zombies and get in while a zombie gets behind truck while I'm still trying to get in when all of a sudden the truck explodes and he dies. Once again gather what he has and loot Stary's tents for gear for him. Then head south to start traveling together again. Even through all this strife I've never had so much fun in Day Z and havn't experienced this many hackers as I have in the past few days.

Edited by Nappa

Sorry for eventual spelling errors in advance, I'm not an native english speaker :)

I finally had a three-day character after being last time shot when I played first time with other players in a three-survivor-group. (They had to drop out, and I got a Sniper Headshot near Gorka just at that Moment, lost my Heli-Crash looted NVG's).

I found two tents near another supposed Heli Crash Site, could get an AS50 with enough Ammo to make it through the game as a lone Survivor.

So I set my next goal, to get a car. And what do you know, I found a broken URAL Civilian Truck. Awesome!

Unfortunately, I could not get any Spare Parts around 5km's, so I headed back to the Truck, which I filled with my Backpack Items to have room for tires and such.

Just next to the Truck, suddenly a Guy in a Ghillie Suit spawns in front of me!

I have to say, all the time I played DayZ I shot maybe 4 Bandits/Survivors, but this Time I did not ask any questions. My heart was pumping fast. He rearmed his Pistol (Ghillie but not a real gun??), and I aim on him.

So we exchanged some bullets (I was not used to Zeroing - so I missed him quite a bit), when he runs around the Corner of the Barn and disappears.

Luckily, it was on a Server with Name Tags, so I could see his Name.

I quit the game, added his Nick on DayZCommander and waited of him to join another server.

When I found him, I followed suit!

I was respawning, and there was another Truck. In better condition though, than the one on the other server.

But no sight of him.

So I run to the truck, when suddenly he respawns at the driver door - again just in front of me.

But this Time I had the luck and hit him with one Headshot.

So thats what you got for server hopping!

If you read this shamrock, I'm sorry that I could not rip your Ghillie from your dead body, but thanks for the Coyote Backpack anyway!

• Like 1

My first encounter, and kill, was something like this. I made my way to Stary Sober to loot the military tents because I needed supplies. I came in through the East so started to hit the tents in that direction.

The first tent I hit on the right had a AKM and three mags. I quickly put that in my pack as I had an AK with five mags. I came out of that tent and was going to the one directly next to it.

As I did, I saw another figure. Wasn't a zombie. I was about to tell friendly but I was hit before going into the tent. There was no going back. It was a fight to the death for the supplies.

I heard him run to a small stack of rocks behind the tent and came out to return fire. He started to shoot back. I reloaded and ran around to the right, his left. He was expecting me to come to his right as he was concentrated that way.

I liked up my AK and shot as fast as I could (I use semi-auto for all weapons). He dropped dead. My heart was racing as I couldn't believe what I did. He was a bandit so I was able to rest easier.

I'm not the type of person that shoots first. I would of gladly let him loot the tents of that meant keep my life. I had to fight for my life. Was an awesome small firefight. Just wish it didn't have to end that way.

• Like 1

Cheers to Jake, a survivor I met in Chernogorsk. Thanks for a great game. It was a good run and a bit of a refreshing experience teaming up with somebody ala the way you might have in this game a while ago and played this game in a fashion that I hope maybe reflects an ideal DayZ experience from a survivor point of view. Or at least one of the many that can make this game so fun.

I say it was refreshing because for the last 30 days, I have been on the same character and alone for the entire time. Sadly, being on the wrong server at the wrong time meant that on the 30th day, I fell victim to a hacker teleporting everyone into the air and dropping them to their deaths. Goodbye NVGs. Goodbye UAZ. To be quite fair, I did accumulate the stuff that I did by playing low population servers, so, I don't feel too bad about losing it all.

After a few derp attempts at starting again, I get on tonight with a fresh spawn and make my way to Chernogorsk. I'm playing on a maximum capacity Australian server. It's night time. I'm raiding enterable houses here and there. I approach a barn, find a few items including a Winchester. Great. I go to walk down. I stumble and fall off the stairs and into a broken leg.

I crawl the rest of the way to Chernogorsk, narrowly avoiding one player who is running the other way, as well as Zeds everywhere. I make it to the medical tents, expecting to just get a hatchet to the back the whole time. I find an MP5 and ammo for it on the ground. Cool. I find a Coyote Backpack. Awesome! But no Morphine. I crawl into the second tent and heaven delivers a box stocked full with items, including morphine. I stock up, and then start heading towards the nearby hospital. I'm in 3rd person view and over the wall I spot somebody crouch walking.

I'm in a corner with short walls to either side of me. I go prone, MP5 out. I'm tense, I wiggle the camera around and see him moving about. I thought about letting him go, but instead I take a chance. I call out "Hey you, by the medical tents".

After a nervous discussion, without him (who I later learn is named Jake) sighting me yet, we exchange stories of how we got here, and eventually I decide to just approach him. I run into the open and jostle my character about, and he doesn't shoot me. I don't shoot him, and the danger seems like it's over.

We raid Cherno, heading down towards the supermarket, sighting a running survivor running from Zeds down one street, and avoiding the church, which seemed to have attracted Zombies eating a downed survivor. The Supermarket didn't provide much, there was a survivor in there, but the female character seemed mute, and despite our efforts, didn't speak to us at all. We looped around and raided the apartments, nearly losing each other as Jake was forcefully disconnected and reconnected just before I'd given up hope and had finished looting the apartments on my own.

We head north, checking the farm buildings north west of Vysota, and whilst we were aiming for Nadezhdino, we somehow veered to the right and hit Mogilevka instead, although at the time we didn't realise it was Mogilevka and so when we kept running North, trying to hit Stary, we ended up hitting Grishino somehow. I'm not even sure how we ran so far without realising, but we did. All along the way we had looted, shared stories of survival attempts past, he has been playing for 3 weeks and whilst he had been to the NW airfield, he hadn't made it to Stary Sobor before.

After realising we were in Grishino, we decide to take a shot at the North West Airfield. Daring and suicidal, yes, but we'd made it this far in this amount of time, so we didn't have a great deal to lose and everything to gain. We approached from the North, and quitely attempted to loot the northern hangers and barracks. Nothing. Not a thing in any of them. I couldn't say I was suprised, my experience on populated servers tells me they are often looted already.

As we're looting I say "If one of us gets killed while we're raiding, then GG", and he agrees. Seeing as there wasn't many Zeds, we head towards the Radio Tower across from the six hangars and the Fire station. Zeds spawn, and Jake aggros them. The server is laggy, and we're struggling as we discover barbed wire in front of the tower. Then as we're running, sniper fire rains down and Jake goes down. I'm not sure where it's coming from, and after some looking around while I run, I see flashes coming from the roof of the fire station. Before I make it to a hangar, I'm hit and I break a bone. I try to crawl, the sniper finishes me off.

So yeah, GG Jake, stranger I met in Cherno and teamed up with. In an age filled with KoS and hackers :)

Edited by Vyse

so wow, bummer.

I logged in and my scooby van is gone.

That's cool, though. I know to search up north for good vehicles, already repaired by other players.

Just as I'm musing about finding the heli on the server, there it is.. In all it's glory.

I'm stoked. I stalk it. I work my way up. No one is around.

I check gear... 2 jerry cans. I grab them, fill it up (already mostly fueled) and take off!

I fly around. Very interesting. Some "landmark" vehicles that others have stashed in the woods, but I have noted are still there.

Then I find it. A giant camp. Couple dozen tents, four or five vehicles. I'm set. I have a plan.

I marked where I found the heli. I'm thinking, why should I do all the work when I can just have all the fun?

I'm going to land it back where I found it, swap their empty jerries that I burned up joyriding with the two full ones in my back pack, and go do my thing, borrowing the heli as long as I don't get caught.

I'm a good pilot, so I'm eeeeeeeeasing it down at the edge of this clearing. 40m to ground..... Game locks up. Sound but the video is frozen. Nothing works, so I have to reboot.

I reconnect, heli is nowhere to be found.

Sorry, guys that stashed the heli on the server where I play. Find it and fix it and stash it there again, please?

• Like 1

On the server I'm known as the bandit killer and I'm known as a hero on the server

So one day me and my sidekick who ppl call the death wish who's name is Anna (she's my girlfriend) and we look for bandits together and we kill them one day

We had a target

We rigged a truck in cherno with a trap sure enough some guys came I pull out an ak47 and Anna pulls out a high powered rifle to cover me and I approached with my ak and sprayed bullets at them killing and knocking the last one unconscious The target was killed whilst I was walking away a sniper took a shot and hit me in the leg so I crawled back to the truck and turns out they where in a clan and the rest of the clan came my girlfriend shot most of them but the sniper had saw the muzzle flash and I grabbed a sniper I found on a body the sniper aimed at Anna but I shot before he could shoot

So I approached the NEAF from south, near the barracks, I come through the broken down fence, around that unenterable building next to the barracks and see a tractor. I lock up, I instantly become more aware of my surroundings and zombie count. Now I've seen the zombie count go up when I approached the barracks and I saw the zombies doing their general first walks going east from the road that's just outside of the barracks, so they were my zombies (to say so), but just to be safe I cauciously checked the barracks and to my delight I have found another MP4A1 CCO SD and an M16A2 M203 (aka the rifle with grenade launcher).

Greedy as I am at times like these I emptied my backpack and put those in with whatever ammo and morphine could fit besides.

Ok, go time, I got out, checked surrounding and zombie count, it had been the same, zombies outside are lining the street and grass so I'd know if other players are coming, I check the tractor, only a water bottle... interesting, so this is a spawn spot?, I get in, 70% fuel, engine orangered, hull red. I know I was risking it with the weps I had on me and in my back pack, but I checked the nearby garrages for any parts. None.

Oh well, that's life, came back to the barracks, past them and went for the landing strips.

As I was probably becoming visible from the bush line (and this is in late night-early morning moonlight, so it was getting really dark), I see on the opposide side of the field next to the hangars some idle roaming zombies and a shape coming out of the bushes next to the hangar, looked female, she stopped in crouch position staring at me (or very accuratly guessing my position by my own zombie spawn, as I was wearing a ghillie suit) staring back at him/her. In sincronised movement this happened:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg444/scaled.php?server=444&filename=tzos8.gif&res=landing

My awesome story:

Tried to loot a tent that was inside a tree, crawled around to find the loot spot and I just randomly died by crawling around the tree...

GJ, lost 33 murder, a MK 48, AS50 and everything you possible could get. Also had 500 zombie kills... love this game. I died like 10 times by this time and no dead was by another player... only die by fucking bugs or hackers...

Edited by Jaba01

To D.I.Creampie

You are officially the first random friendly I have met.

I drove my tractor up to a firehouse and ran inside looking for loot.

After clearing the building and descending 2 floors I realized that Zombies had entered the ground floor.

I thought I had somehow aggroed them earlier or from inside so I didn't immediately think another player was nearby.

I walk down the final flight of stairs and I level my gun at a zombie when I hear makarov fire VERY close by.

I frantically call out "friendly" into direct chat and I hear a british accent answer back, "I'm friendly, I'm friendly, I'm legit friendly!".

I then announce that I am going to kill the zombies which I do, and he asks if there is a weapon upstairs.

I tell him there is a shotgun upstairs and that I would cover the entrance while he loots.

I asked him his IGN and tell him mine, and apologize for the tractor being only a 1 seater but offered him his pick of the loot in the tractor as it was all found anyway.

He proclaims it "a most amazing thing" that I didnt shoot him and we part ways amicably.

• Like 1

To the group of players on Colorado US 1450, thanks for the fucking awesome time. Me (permaphrost), Matt, and Alexis were up near Pustoshka after running north looking for supplies and stuff. I had a pistol, alexis had a hatchet, and matt had an m4a3 cco that we found in a deer stand. I was the most experienced one of us, and I was pretty much leading us around town to town collecting supplies and weaponry.

There was a guy in a helicopter flying around occasionally. We kept prone thinking he didn't see us.

I then heard a car coming down the road from the direction of Vybor. So we all get down and lay in this field as I'm watching these guys park their car in some bushes. Matt thinks that the helicopter guy is looking for us, or maybe looking for the guys in the car. I say it's probably an organized group. I tell my friends I really want to go over there and jack that car, but we decide to use our better judgement and wait it out. My friends couldn't see the car but I kept assuring them it was there. I see one, then two, then three, and then a fourth guy come out of the car and start heading into pustoshka. My friend couldn't see any of this going on because (I assume) they were playing in first person.

We waited a couple more minutes laying down in the grass and a guy came over and was slowly walking around as if he was looking for us or something. I tell my friends over vent "SHOOT HIM, SHOOT HIM NOW!" and matt was like "I don't see anyone!" So I told him to stand up and shoot the guy. He got up to a crouch and shot the guy dead with one shot to the head (Sorry xxoneshotxx or whatever your name was). I ran over and quickly looted his body, taking his ak74 kobra and some ammo. We get back down in the grass and crawl slowly over to the barn northeast of pustoshka. We wait there for a bit, cook some meat and heal up. Matt watches the road and tells me that the car just drove off in the direction of Pustoshka. So we start running to the little bridge area north of Pustoshka and I tell them "Hey, since the car came from this direction, chances are it will be coming back this way.

So we take up positions at the bridge and wait a couple of minutes. I notice a lake to the west and decide to go fill up my water bottle. As I do that, the helicopter guy comes flying back and he starts to land. So I run over and he takes off again before I get there. We go back to the bridge and hide under it. I then hear the car coming back up the road driving hella fast. I crouch besides one of the low brick walls of the bridge, and as the car comes into view I stand up, turn the aks on full auto, and spray the shit out of the car. The driver dies almost immediately, another guy falls out of the car unconscious, and a third jumps out and tries to aim at me. I fill him with lead immediately and he dies. As this is all going on, zombies swarm us because of the sound of the car and all the gunfire.

It gets pretty frantic as we're fighting off the zombies (Alexis hacking them with her hatchet, matt shooting with his gun, and me methodically helping to take them out). As we're in the midst of it, I notice the guy who was unconscious get back up and start aiming at me, so I take him out immediately. I go and loot him real quick and take his L85 AWS. I scream over vent for everyone to get in the car quickly because the zombies are all dead, but I hear the helicopter coming back.

As everyone fumbles to get in, the helicopter swings around and I notice he has two gunners. They start shooting at us as I peel off down the road towards pustoshka. We weave in and around the buildings until eventually we get turned around and are heading back towards Vybor. The helicopter is chasing us the whole way. Thankfully the gunners weren't too great. About halfway to Vybor they manage to shoot out our tire or something. I dunno. Our car just stopped. So I quickly told everyone to get out. I jumped out and ran into some bushes on the side of the road. My team wasn't as quick and they ended up getting destroyed by the helicopter gunners. The helicopter hovered there for a while. I stood up and started shooting at the right-side gunner. I managed to hit him and make him bleed. The helicopter started turning and I was in a firefight with the other gunner. I managed to kill him (Sorry Mapleleaf_Medic) and then the helicopter sped off to refuel or something. My team was dead besides the now wheelless car, so I buried their bodies and then chucked a grenade at the car, destroying it. If we couldn't have it, nobody could. I started making my way back to our camp to stash the two new guns I got. I was the only survivor of this little war.

This was by far the most awesome experience I've had in DayZ to date. It felt like we were in the middle of a freaking war man. So intense.

Names I can remember: Mapleleaf medic, oneshot, abraham hatchetman (i think), Owntmeal, and danredda (the helicopter pilot).

I've put in over 300 hours playing this game solo, but it wasn't until I started playing with friends that things got interesting. For all you lone wolfers, I highly suggest to get some friends to play with.

I fraps'd the first part of my story where matt killed the guy in the field, but I forgot to turn it on for the rest of it because it was so damn intense. I wish I had though. My heart was beating so fast.