I am fairly new at this so i am still learning the engine of ArmaII and DayZ.

I was in Cherno and i heard flies checked for any zombies and then checked the body for loot. I got myself a Le Enfield and a silenced M9 from his body and take his food and full water bottle and he had a bag of blood an epi pen and two morphine. and various of other supplies. I also found a map and a compass and with that i started heading north East to the military airfield were some friends are.

It was about 11:30 game time i was walking in a middle of a field and in front of me was a village (can't remember it's name on the map) i started hearing a humming, believe it or not it was a car, it looked like a old blue Volkswagen van (one of those hippie one). I was staying on the floor and letting them pass, last time i was in elektro someone ran me over with a tractor. I started walking jealously wanting the car as i had a long journey ahead of me. Suddenly the floor shakes and an explosion was further up in the road. I ran to the scene with my silenced M9 there was about three zombie's eating one man he was screaming i checked for any more and started to engage the targets the guy past out and died however there was another survivor from the crash on the other side of his car, this were it got confusing for me either he was knocked out or AFK i don't now however i checked his pulse and said it was strong i dragged him to a house and gave him an epi pen hoping to wake him up i tried to talk to him on the comms but he's wasn't moving nor talking back to me i gave him some blood and morphine i took his map and wrote on it no problem hassman.

I left him to see the other guy he had an AKSU i took that he had a tent and a tool kit and a bigger bag czech i think it's called. I really didn't want to now if that guy was a threat so i left him in the building hopfully he's alive. His friend crashed into another car in the middle of the road though i don't understand why it blew up like it did. Now thanks to two people i am rather nicely kitted up.

It had been just another calm day so far. Nothing too spectacular going on when Vlad decided to leave the Balota Airstrip. He was heading straight north into the woods for some cover. Once beyond the treeline he would turn right to follow the shore eastwards. With his trusty and yet unused m4a1 cco he felt safe. If anyone chose to engage him, he would be able to defend himself. But that was something he didn't like thinking about. Engaging another human being? In the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse? So far he always kept his head down, hidden from anyone crossing his path. No shot has been fired against any living being. Were the Undead alive? Can you kill something that isn't alive? Vlad didn't know and the uncertainty weighed heavy on his mind. Were they just sick? Was it okay to kill them? Was there a cure? He tried not to think too hard about it. All he had done so far was survive. Everybody he shot wanted to eat him alive, so it was self defense. But shooting things... people really, was something he didn't like and would never get used to. For that reason Vlad was always keeping an eye out for other survivors, so he would be able to avoid them, see where they were heading and then walking the opposite way, stay hidden.

But this very day would change Vlad.

Just after he hit the treeline he heard shots fired in the small industrial complex northeast of the town that is Balota. They were loud, some high powered rifle, and it was too close for Vlad to be comfortable. He hid under a tree, hoping nobody would see him. Hoping the shooter would just walk away, hoping he wouldn't have to make that terminal decision, that might very well end his life as well as the life of the unknown survivor. If he had to take the shot to preserve his live, he would. That's what he always told himself. But at the same time he questioned that stance. Would he really pull the trigger? Would he value his life more than the life of others? What made his life so much more precious? He didn't know and right now he didn't want to know.

Barely able to breath shivering with adrenaline flooding his veins he was trying to find out where the shooter was, where he would go. Then he heard the crackling of twigs and leafs under the feet of the other man. He carried some large, black gun. Vlad wasn't able to identify it but he knew it was something powerful. And it was dangerous. He took aim at the trees blocking his sight, following the noise. The other guy was moving slowly. Had he noticed him? Was he aiming towards Vlad, just as Vlad was aiming towards him? It didn't matter, he was too close for comfort, and Vlad didn't dare make any noise. Maybe 5 meters away, only a few bushes hiding the enemy now. Enemy? When did the survivor become an enemy? No room for doubt. Stay focused. The barrel of a gun appeared. Stopped. It seemed as if the bush was holding a weapon. Ready to defend his twigs. The gun started to move, a man appeared. The bush was unarmed. Did the guy with the gun hold the bush hostage? It didn't matter, it was innocent. Shoot the guy, not the bush.

He pulled the trigger.

Vlad pulled the trigger over and over again. His opponent fell, frantically shooting into the woods himself. The enemy hadn't noticed his attacker, panicking and shooting anywhere in the hopes to survive. And so did Vlad, except Vlad knew where the target was. 28 bullets flew across the short distance, some hitting the trees, some the twigs, the bush screaming in agony, he lobed a grenade, too close for comfort. The explosion shattered Vlads illusions about life and death.

Then silence.

A few flies were having lunch in front of Vlad. The corpse of the former survivor lying in the sun, next to the trees. He had killed, no he had murdered another survivor. Why? Because he was afraid, because he wanted to live. Because he valued his life more than that of others, because this one was his own. He started to feel sick.

The story of my first death due to a bandit.

I had gotten DayZ the day before as it looked really cool. I had wandered all the way to Msta and had an AK from the deer stand with a couple of mags. My food icon was quite red and I was starting to get worried. I even considered agroing some zeds by shooting a couple of rounds and then taking the bastards on, but I decided not to after something like this had a rather bad end in a barn. I think I was on the outskirts of Elektro, but I'm not quite sure.

Anyway, I was trying to find food when I saw another survivor just running into a building. I ran after him, asking if he was friendly. He replied "yes". I tried to climb up some stairs as he was on the top floor of the building, but due to a spike of lag I fell off and fell unconscious while bleeding. He came down and bandaged me up.

"Did you see where the person who shot you went?" he asked me. I told him that I fell off the stairs. I asked him if he had any spare food.

"No, but there's a grocery store nearby, that will probably have food". So after equipping his newly-acquired hatchet we went to see if we can find some supplies.

About 10mins later, we still had found no food and I was getting worried. Another guy ran in with some zombies after him. Me and my new friend took out the zombies. He thanked us and left again. Checking the zombies' bodies I shouted excitedly:

"One of the f-ers dropped a can of sardines!"

"Nice," the friend replied, walking up to me as I picked up the sardines. I was crouching over the body with my back to him, so I never saw the blow of the hatchet that killed me in a single hit. "Bastard!" I managed to yell over the Direct Communication Channel and then the screen said You Are Dead.

Here's my story of the day:

I log in and suddenly my whole inventory was wiped. All that was left was my backpack with crap inside. So I respawned myself and somehow respawned inside the walls of a house in Novy Sobor. WTF!?

Since I was close to NW airfield anyway I started walking and found myself a sweet crash site with a dmr, ammo box for sniper mags and camo. I then found a ghillie suit in a house in Grishino! I was searching for ghillie all day; nice!

I arrived at the airfield and saw a person inside the control tower. As I was about 800m+ away from the person I could not find a way to shoot him and search for his loot, so going from the two factory warehouses I went south until I got scared by a person logging in right in front of me. He had a ghillie suit and a dmr, but he dropped to the floor instantly. Clearly, he must have alt+f4d out of a battle and he was still in shock. I capped the bandit in his head and found the luckiest loot ever. DMR, Ghillie, M9 SD, Coyote, GPS, NVGs, Rangefinder, Toolbox. Pretty much everything you could ask for!

I went into Elektro looking for trouble. Ended up seeing someone under attack from zombies. So I began trying to save him, and ended up racking up 50 zombie kills, passing out twice, and breaking a leg. Worth it.

Got a video of it all too!

Whoever you are Shiva, I always appreciate meeting someone who isn't out to kill me. :cool:

I was exploring the forest trying to find a good place to set up my new camp, and all of a sudden I see an ural truck in the distance, I run over to it to find the truck, two cars, a bus, and an atv. The truck had over 15 guns, including m107s and dozens of ammo magazines, a shit ton of medical supplies and lots of repair parts, including main rotor assembly :)

I stole all of that shit, took me a few hours to relocate everything and set up camp far enough way to be safe. I can't wait to show my buddies!

Emergancy Hero Action

--------------------------

Yesterday i had my favorite DayZ Story,

i explored some Deer Stands and found a Ak 74, plus a Army suit. Then i head for the Hospital in Cherno...(A friend was there). Suddenly i saw a Surviver running away From Zombies, i called him to come in my direction, i get in Position aimed for the zombies, while he was running to me i one shot every of this bad guys. A new Friend was found, after some small talk he wanted to join me on the jorney to the Hospital in Cherno.

So we accept the Mission together :). At a near Point of Balota (between the Airfield and the Military Base) a shot ... , i just yelt:" Take Cover, Fire in the whole.." in the Time i get cover my new Friend got shot ..:(.

They Probably just saw him.. I wanted Revanche.. Bloody Revanche. So i Take answer with some aimed bullets. 2 Guys run in Front of me without oriantation (they dont see me). The first one got an Headshot and felt down (maybe disconnected after the critical hit) the over spottet me and start Fire... i got a critical hit and dont see anything, but aimed for his direction and got the kill.

1200 Blood .. and got every 15 Seconds out of Mind.

I called a Emergancy Backup for my Friend at Cherno... He arrived asap to my location, in this time the 2 guys were allready back at my position but cant spot me... lucky :).

I got a Blood Transfuse and were allright.

The fight gone on. 2 Guys about 300 Meters away (the same one). Fire starts. Both of them Died, we head for the hospital and accompleshed the Mission :).

Thanks for Rodrigez for this fast help.

RIP "axe Wounded" <- my old new Surviving mate.

The 2 Guys, who can remember this story (the Fight next to a destroyed Truck) you got what you need :)

Me an my guys went on a looting trip to pustoschka. we dropped our not used weapons in our camp to get as much space as possible for loot.I got a cz550 and a m9sd but no backpack, mate a bison sd and a 1911 and the second mate had an crossbow and also an 1911. so we went into the town from the barn-direction. killed the zeds in our way and moved sneaky through the town to the church than to the red hous and to the supermaket where i found an alice pack . we killed about 20 zeds witout making a sound. after the market i went to the woodden house nearby and found a 1911. my friends were at the hanger. when i heard shooting. i hid in the house to locate the shooting.

Told my mates via teamspeak about it, but they hadnt heared a single shot. than the shots came closer and now the other guys heared them too. they moved into the church to wait for the guy. i went to mainstreet to cover the entrence when i heared a second weapon. i decided to go into the church for cover and to create an ambush.one took position left one on the right side of the entrence, i crouched behind a bank infront of the altar. all in position we waited about 8 minutes without a single noise. we just were about to leave when we heard severel shots next to the wall.we prepared ourselves by changing to our anti-person guns.and that means we all had a 1911 in our hands. nothing more,after that, they were coming!

And then one of the most intense fights in my dayz-history started.

The first guy ran in and my mate on the right side unloaded a whole clip of 45 ammo in his body. he died instantly.

the second guy ran across the entry and took position. by running he triggered some zeds. my mate on the left took the chance to make a move out of the church with his bizon. he shot about 15 rounds in the enemy but wasn t able to kill him and got shot by an lee enfield and died in the entry of the church.

we waitetd a short period of time. i took out my cz550 to look across the street. there was only one possible position across the street that had the right angle to look into the church. than my last mate left tried to get a look on the guy with the enfield. he saw him dead on the ground. he bled out. in the second he stuck his head out we heared an ak fireing. my mate got hit. i leaned out of my cover and the enemy was right on the on postion i mentioned before. i landed a clear headshot and he went down.

And look at that, i got a banditkill .

By fireing may sniper i triggered some zeds. we killed them while my mate passed out some times. he had just 1200 blood left after the ak attack. after that my partner covered the door and i gave him a bloodpack and went back on my position. and BOOM i got shot by a sniper and passed out instantly. i couldnt see him. but the morron sniper triggered the hole town with his shot and my mate went out to a fight. he hit him 4 times and got shot to 1500 blood again. my friend came back and gave me morphine. the other guy was still alive but then we heard him got eaten by zed outside the curch and my made got his second kill. we waited some time before we moved/passed out the church to loot. we didnt found the sniper in the ghuili but we found his mate with the ak. it was a aks kobra. i took it together with some morphine and some other goods. we headed out to the woods and made it barely alive. but in the end we made it back to our camp to get some meat.

the fight took about 15 to 20 minutes. in the end we killed that four bandits with our pistols (ok three of them).

what do we learn from that story. DONT RUN IN TOWNS GUNS BLAZING.(and dont use sd weapons on living enemys.)

excuse some mistakes. english is my third language

I was exploring the forest trying to find a good place to set up my new camp' date=' and all of a sudden I see an ural truck in the distance, I run over to it to find the truck, two cars, a bus, and an atv. The truck had over 15 guns, including m107s and dozens of ammo magazines, a shit ton of medical supplies and lots of repair parts, including main rotor assembly :)

I stole all of that shit, took me a few hours to relocate everything and set up camp far enough way to be safe. I can't wait to show my buddies!

[/quote']

ok madafaka im pretty sure is our stuff, server?

I finally arrived at the NW airfield. I was about to enter the southern barracks when I saw a survivor near another building, he saw me too. He dropped down but he was completly exposed while I was behind cover. I asked him several times if he was friendly and I said I did not want to shoot him. He did not respond once so I killed him with my M16a2 to be safe.

Then I looted the barracks where I dropped my backpack on accident which of course dissolved into the ground. Spare ammo, spare meds, spare food etc all gone. Need to find a new backpack fast. :(

I spawned and got shot in the head at the spawn point, better than a zombie I suppose

Part 2.

So after losing my backpack I headed to Vybor where I found a new Alice Pack. I decided to head to the NW airfield again to see if there was anything special. When I closed in on the southern barracks I saw in the chat that a player had died. When I was next to the barracks I could hear flies. My heart started pounding, was the killer still here?

I snuck around the barracks peeking through the windows and sure enough I saw someone camping with a sniper rifle in the building. He seemed to have killed two players already cause I could also see their corpses. Obviously, he wasn't friendly. He had his gun pointed at the entrance but his back was towards a window.

I snuck to that window and unloaded on him. He died and luckily no zombies came. I looted an M4a3 CCO and an A550 from him.

And by the way, that A550 is freaking huge. O_o

Decided to raid the berezino military tents for the first time. I was on a night server, so I was fairly cautious in my western approach, knowing that if there were any campers in the city that they'd be watching the tents.

I crawl past a rise of the hill to see the camp... And freak out as I see the dead military bodies. Mistaking them for dead zeds in the dark, I thought I was in the midst of another survivor's raid. I spent 15 minutes sitting in a bush, trying to find a sniper or looter in the city. Finally, the server reset at midnight so I took the downtime to switch to a day server.

When I realized myisguided paranoia, I felt like such a noob. But dang, that was a tense wait.

Just started playing so I don't have many experiences, but this is the most memorable thing so far.

My previous attempts at survival ended in failure due to my lack of weapons. The only thing I ever found was an axe. So, upon spawning (I believe I spawned in Kamarovo), I went east. I had made the mistake earlier of going west in a previous life, not realizing my position until later. (I did see a truck in the woods at the edge of the map, but I didn't want to steal it).

As I travel east I hit Balota, and I decide to go to the airfield there in hopes of finding a weapon. Climbing to up to the ATC Tower, I find myself an AKS- finally, a true weapon. I relished the few zombies I killed with that gun, knowing I could actually live through a zombie attack. I proceeded to leave the airfield, in hopes of finding food and water in Cherno.

As I'm walking out, however, I check the small building nearby (The rectangular one with two small rooms, one on either side). Nothing is wrong, but as I am about to leave, I see someone walking into one of the rooms. I froze, as that was the first alive person I had ever saw. However, he ran off, so I assumed if he didn't want to deal with people, I would leave him alone.

I'm almost out of the airfield when it suddenly starts raining. I didn't want to get an infection, so I retreated back into one of the hangars. I type in "Are you friendly?" right after I shoot a zombie. After moving into the next hangar, I see him and - BLAM. Shot in the face. The last thing I see is him dragging my body away as I'm dying.

I respawn, and I wanted revenge. However, both that time and the next I got caught by zombies right away, got cornered, and died. The third time, I spawned in Kamenka, and I started going back to the Balota airfield. As I am nearly there, a zombie spots me, so I book it to the ATC tower. And while I'm running in, I see another player - My killer? I don't know. I ran into the tower, climbed up the stairs, and looked for a weapon. All I see is a crowbar. I look outside, and see the other person getting surrounded by zombies. I wanted to help, seeing as how I got him into that mess, but I had to whack a zombie to death on the stairs.

While I am doing that, I see a death message. I go back up and see a body in the distance, and no zombies around. Rest in peace, (possible) friend. I felt bad for him, but also happy, because if that was my killer, I had got revenge. I went to his body and saw he had some nice loot, and I needed supplies, so I took his weapons, provisions, and backpack. I then ran off into the woods and took a break. It was nice to disconnect without dying first.

In a survival situation people stockpile weapons, ammo, tools, food, water; they keep a clear head and a sharp eye. But there's one thing many of them overlook. Luck. Here's are some stories about me, a survivor who is alive only because of an uncommon amount of luck, and also my friend, who was significantly less lucky...

The first part of this story is quite straightforward. My friend and I are new to this as can be. We set off into the great unknown woefully unprepared. It wasn't long before we were forced to raid a small town for supplies. We each had a Makarov, but it was quickly apparent that we did not have enough ammo. We both set to running, and I can't explain it, but suddenly I was just alone; no zombies anywhere. My friend was not so lucky.

(friend makes a new character)

The story grows more interesting... We were much better prepared now. Each of us, crossbows in hand for stealthy kills and plenty of .45 ammo to go around if we had to use it. It was time to get serious. We arrived at the large northern airfield and military barracks late in the day and set about to looting the place silly. We lost some bolts at the barracks, and things got a bit hairy, but we managed to handle it without having to make any noise, no big deal to us now that we were veterans (haha).

We were right in the middle of looting the hangars when my friend drops dead. We didn't hardly hear a sound so at first I thought it must have been a crossbow that did it. Throwing caution to the wind I rush over to his body to look for the murderer. I thought he must have been close by to make a shot with a bow. I didn't see a bolt though, and there was no one anywhere near who could have done such a thing.

The foolishness doesn't stop there. Lest my friend's death be in vain, I continue to loot the area and head to the control tower. I finish with the inside and decide to climb to the roof. I'm halfway up the last ladder when a bullet strikes the concrete wall three inches from my head. I quickly drop back down and hit the deck. Before I even finish hitting the ground another bullet strikes the ladder where my head had been half a second before. I crawl over to the ladder on the other side of the building and get to safety.

(friend makes another character)

We were in Cherno. My friend and I had spent a good bit of time in Electro, but we were much less familiar with this city. We weren't too worried though. While moving between coffee shops I attracted the attention of a zombie. I couldn't line up a crossbow shot on a moving target quickly enough at this range so I shot him with my pistol. This noise of course attracted two more of them. I should mention now that my friend had just recently found an Enfield rifle and decided to give it a try. We later found out that this is known as "ringing the dinner bell".

Well as you can imagine things quickly spiraled out of control. At least 30 zombies were rushing at us from all directions. My friend died almost immediately. I had a half dozen over my unconscious body. As soon as I was able to pull myself back to reality I let loose and killed them each with one shot of the 6 round revolver. I looked over at the feeding frenzy taking place on top of my friend's corpse. I started to line up a shot to take as many of the bastards with me as I could, but then I realized... nothing was attacking me.

My leg was broken, and I began to slowly crawl away from the insanity. For what felt like hours I crawled through the city avoiding countless undead before finally making it to the hospital.

So there you have it. I have no idea how I managed to live this long, but I'm right as rain with a few hundred zed kills under my belt. I suppose it's only a matter of time though before my luck runs out.

So. 1.7.2 arrives.

Excited, I logged in. The previous night I'd logged out with an M24, AK74 Kobra, and enough ammo to clear Chernogorsky of undead and bandits completely. Woe is me when I log back in... with nothing. No backpack, no weapons, not even a flashlight to call my own. Worse still, I'd teleported 50m back along my last login's running path into a building, so my leg was broken instantly.

With only 9k blood, a broken leg, and no way to defend myself, I had only one choice. I had to crawl through Berezino to the hospital for morphine. Simple enough.

As I crawled, I deftly rolled around the zombies that blocked my path. The shamblers failed to notice the lump of flesh slowly making its way through the open fields around the town. Just as victory seemed close, with my man within 200m of the hospital... tragedy.

On the other side of the fence I was using for cover, a crawler had picked up my position by the sound of scraping ashpalt. Its growls alerted me to its presence, but with no weapon, what chance did I stand?

The scene played out thus. Two cripples crawling on their stomachs down the main road of Berezino. One frantically claws his way away from the other, and the growls echo into the city. Progress is slow, and the other zombies take no notice of the race, but the cripple in the rear is catching up. Suddenly, he stands out, waves his arms, and the lead cripple starts spouting blood.

9k blood... and 200m to the hospital. I thought I could make it, and I was right. I made it to the hospital...

Only to get eaten alive as I tried to break the window with tin cans.

• Like 1

This is a copy paste from another thread I posted in, a little experience with a hacker.

I like calling this particular hacker the "terminator".

There was this one time when I was playing about 2-3 weeks ago, where I was with 2 other of my friends looting Starry... and all of a sudden we hear a chopper getting closer and closer before eventually landing right on the main road leading into Starry (who would land a goddamn chopper by themselves in the middle of Starry, not to mention that choppers weren't spawning anywhere either).

One of my friends that was outside keeping watch on a hill all of a sudden gets shot & killed by a sniper rifle instantly, and after like 10 minutes of waiting and doing nothing my other friend ran outside of the house he was hiding in to try and see if the hacker was still around and of course, he gets blasted by a sniper rifle as well. So I hear zombies running toward the sniper shot and I'm just like fuck it, I ran out of the house and towards where the zombies were running to and sure enough, there's the sniper/hacker who pulled out his silenced M4 and is now shooting the zombies. He didn't notice me, so I ran up as close as possible and unloaded my AKM mag right into his body from about 10-15 feet away, and he doesn't die.

So he finally takes notice of me and we're playing ring around the rosie around this house taking shots at each other (he is fucking bleeding like CRAZY from before when I lit him up, but doesn't pass out or anything). After about a minute of doing this I lose sight of him, and I hear the chopper starting up. So naturally I went into a two story house trying to take cover and all the while zombies are chasing me, so I start shooting & killing the zombies that were trying to get into the house with me. While I'm killing the zombies, the fucking guy flying the chopper crashes it INTO the building I'm in, tearing a hole into the side of it. So I'm like holy fucking shit, he has to be dead now right..?

Wrong. He popped up around the corner of the house I was in and just unloaded a silenced M9 mag into me and finally kills me.

• Like 2

I spawned fresh near cherno, lost all my gear.. some nice stuff. Some random guy just shot me at the NW Airfield.

So I am starting to run as i see a guy far on the hill running towards elektro. I was chasing him quite a while, but for some reason i was faster :) As i was in shouting distance, friendly as i am, i asked in direct chat whether we can team up. But to my disbelieve he was oblivious. Then i noticed his gear, a tzech backbag (24), AS 50 and NV Googles. I have to say that it was pretty dark, and he was constantly scanning left and right. So he came up on some trees and stopped, i crouchwalked behind him and liberated him from a SVD Camo, Ammo for it and Cooked Meat. For a second i thought about shooting the svd in his back... but i did not, and vanished into the woods.... later on i had some fun with the SVD shooting some zombies xD

I was exploring the forest trying to find a good place to set up my new camp' date=' and all of a sudden I see an ural truck in the distance, I run over to it to find the truck, two cars, a bus, and an atv. The truck had over 15 guns, including m107s and dozens of ammo magazines, a shit ton of medical supplies and lots of repair parts, including main rotor assembly :)

[/quote']

ok madafaka im pretty sure is our stuff, server?

What are you going to do about it? Go on a tireless journey looking for him? Good luck sir Rage-A-Lot

Found an ALICE pack in my first 30 minutes of playing DayZ. Got it stocked to the brim with food and drink.

Then the server crashed and I lost everything.

I guess that's just how this game goes, not that big a deal really. :)

Our proud hero had found himself alone, on a desolate shore. At first cautious, he approached a nearby village to face the horror of Zeds feasting on a corpse, laying on the ground. And so he ran. Ran inland.

Rarely did he find living humans, and most of the time tried to avoid them after a few rounds had been wasted on the trees near him. Several times did he manage to sneak in deer stands, finding ammunition, but never a gun, or simply ammunition not fitting his gun.

His most trusted tool was the pair of binoculars, warning him of human presence through the existence of patrolling Zeds in towns.

And again he ran through the country side, finally finding an axe. And several times did our brave hero have to hack and slash Zeds that had started to chase him, causing him to bleed.

Eventually, a crawling zombie caught him unaware as he was trying t scavenge food from a convenience store. His leg had been broken.

And so he crawled, foolishly hoping for a helping hand to come around, ready to exchange whatever he had to survive (including quite a few AK and STANAG mags, Fuel and even a car wheel.)

And when finally a human appeared, that human was followed by a dozen Zeds. As the survivor zoomed past our hero, completely oblivious to a black shape in the grass, he found himself free of his pursuers, that had changed targets for an easier to catch prey.

As the cries of our hero being eaten alive echoed through deserted hills, he knew that soon he would see the beach, once again...

After my last character died, I found myself respawning, AGAIN near Tulga/Three Valleys. Being a nooblet, I had wandered aimlessly not too long ago (read: earlier today) around Southwest Chernarus before dying on the road to Kamy - near dehydration, just lost all my stuff in the water - cruel ironies of life. So I respawned, saw where I was, and cursed. Back near Three Valleys.

Knowing a little more now, I skirt past the little cluster of houses near the coast and head into three valleys, lucking out with an Enfield inside the warehouse up the road. Problem? One shambler, one squatter, smack dab in the middle of the warehouse. I skirt past them, rolling occasionally, hoping to get to the loots on the other side (didn't bother to go around outside, since a couple other Zeds were loose). I freak when they notice me, then keep calm, get up, and walk over to the rifle, load up, and cap them. I hold my breath. Silence.

I peak out. One guy is shambling my way, so I duck back inside and take him out quickly. Feeling good, I head up for the barn in 3 Valleys and after some schenanigans, I find the barn with not one, but two rifles - another Enfield, and a shotgun, along with some essentials. Ecstatic, I quietly extricate myself out, noticing four zeds wandering around out front, so I go the other way, back towards the coast. As I head for the gap in the fence, another shambles in front of me. I turn right to go behind him and around, when another zombie @$%^ing spawns in front of me. I back up, go out towards the road in front of the barn, only to see a squatter amble by. I freeze, back up, try to back out my original exit. As I crouch-run to 'safety', I hear the hungry growl of the ghoulies...

Who says DayZ doesn't have a dark sense of sadistic humor?

FML, but it was deliciously evil and worth it... makes the game feel more "alive", even if it is 'random'... right? ;P

LOL! :D :D :D :D

Was playing on another server, had a little walk into a large town and saw flares being fired. Took a looksie and saw a survivor on the roof, I took a chance and went towards his hideout, gave him a nod that i was a friendly and he told me to jump over.

I did so and went up stairs, in about 10mins I heard a zombie coming. Thinking my friend would come to help he didn't, i had to defend myself. Killed the zombie and went into the fields, I heard gunfire and two people got killed, zombies running off into that direction

Saw a survivor being chased by a number of zombies, I came to his aid and axed the zombies, what did the survivor do, he shot at me! . Ok then fine, I grabbed a ton of zombies and ran towards the survivor, we spent then next 20mins running around each other avoiding zombies. I lost though as the zombies took a liking to me and not him, he shot me dead as I pressed the jump key instead of run :(

I was in tears of laughter in that field run, reminded me of that comedy show benny hill

Edited by Neil79

It was getting late and I'd just been murdered in cold blood in cherno. I spawned in elektro and decided to carry on playing for a bit longer see if I could find any nice loot. So here the story begins.

I was running around elektro for a good while. I had raided most of the buildings I could find but there was no spawns to be found at all. Not even tin cans. I presumed the spawns had bugged so I carried on. Luckily I ended up finding a marakov with a few clips of ammo, so decided to run up to the hospital roof. From there I saw and heard 2 survivors. Not sure what they were talking about as they were awfully quiet on the little hotel/school building across the road. My mind thought I should probably shoot them just incase they do it to me, but i studied them and saw they had no weapons.

I ran over to them annouced i was friendly and was coming onto the roof, they seemed nice enough so I dropped my pistol for them. This left me with some flares but I didnt mind they seemed to need it more than me. Somehow Meano, one of the survivors fell of the roof so me and crosby (the other survivor) ran down to save him, Somehow he was still alive, so we patched him up and tried to think on what to do. Prior to this shots from a lee enfield and what was thought to be a winchester were heard so we ran to the church to seek saftey. We held out there, and thought we need more supplies, the general store isnt far lets run there. On the way we were shot at and we heard the distant laughing of the shooter. We ran back into the church and tried to think on what to do.

Here I thought I had nothign to lose and it was getting late so I decided to run to the store, I made it in one peice and found an alice pack and a revolver with one clip. Ran back and thats when I heard the winchester and the laughing again. Crosby, Meano, and Dylan someone we met at the church were dead. I looked on in horror as the bandit Tyler laughed his manic laugh. I shot him. All 6 bullets. I wasnt giving him any chance to loot my dead friends corpses. He fell to the ground. I looted the bodies. buried them all and waited. Neither of the 3 returned. I was alone again. In the harsh night of elektro. I ran to the hospital, allowed a survivor to get some supplies from the roof, and logged.

I wont forgot the 3 comrades I met, and one day hope to meet them again. Heres to you Crosby, Meano and Dylan!