Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Man

What was your very first ever DayZ death?

I spawned at Kemenka, in pitch black darkness (literally couldn't see anything, only slight outlines contrasting against the ocean). After dropping several flares, I decided that it would probably be smart to follow the road and railway tracks west. I ended up in the debug plains, lost and not knowing what to do. No flares left, i made a turn into the woods. An hour later, starved, thirsty and beaten I decided to end it all.

I found an enfield in cherno when my makarov (which you spawned with in the old versions) was empty, me being cornered in a small house with only one door, the rest of the story is up to your imagination

I found an enfield in cherno when my makarov (which you spawned with in the old versions) was empty, me being cornered in a small house with only one door, the rest of the story is up to your imagination

A true zombie death. Panicked frenzy of fighting for the door, being battered to the ground, crawling in desperation for the door as your brains get smeared across the floor... YOU ARE DEAD

spawned in Kamenka, it was pitch black and as a new player I had no idea what to do, I ended up running west following the railway line and it suddenly stopped... I kept going into what was just barren land (debug plains), I thought well that was fun and pressed respawn. Then I spawned at Otmel, my friend was near by and we tried to meet up we ended up chaining some zombies and it appeared to be impossible to stop them, considering to a new player that only 1/10 of the buildings can be entered, we ended up running from Otmel through Elektro to Cherno before we gave up and let them eat us.

My first death was in Electra. Was looking through the buildsite just east of main city. Was on second floor when suddently my character ran forward and threw himself of the building. I survived and my character slowly started making his way back up the stairs, for a second try I'm asuming. Had no idea what was going on at the time. Disconnected and logged in again. Happy to have control of my character I ran around a corner to leave the place and suddently stood face to face with a bandit, who kindly enough introduced me to his hatched.

Glory. Gory.

The very first time I played DayZ (after spending god knows how long installing) - I found myself in Chen at midnight in the pitch black (both in my room AND in the map)

I spent probably about 2 hours absolutely sh*tting myself crawling around the same farm house for about two hours in the dark, listening to the sound of zed nearby and trying to figure out what to do (also didnt know i could go 3rd person lol) before I stumbled into a zombie who made me bleed, then i ran into a group of zed who finished me off.

I was being chased by an aggro zombie for quite some time I decided to try and run up a rocky outcrop. My character couldn't walk onto the rock and the zombie got his beat down on. with broken legs I dispatched him with a full 1911 mag. After crawling for a while I got bored and ended it.

after 2 hours of crawling and sneaking through the beatiful night of cherno,

terrified from hearing zeds all around me and shadows walking by,

suddenly i see my first ever dayz sunlight, and then i run into a bunch of zeds tearing me apart.

Edited by Azrail

I ran to elektro, Sneaking around by the church. I heard people in the church talking over direct chat, So I ran straight in screaming my head of in direct chat...It was a group if ten or so people...A few where brave enough to shoot me,Some pissed there pants laughing,Some pissed there pants and aborted...

The second time I died...I ran all the way up to pabedo dam or whatever you call it. Ran into a group about to come back across it, As they got half way across the bridge I jumped out and said in direct chat....YOU SHALL NOT PASS...Before they could even start shooting at me...I vaulted over the side of the damn and died.

Edited by DanielTy88

My first night consisted of spawning near Komorovo. I pulled out my flashlight because it was the middle of the night, I ran near a little building a saw a zombie; I literally freaked out and ran into the building I was standing near, I logged off for days way too freaked out to get back on (What was wrong with me?) When I did log back on I literally sat there hiding for probably close to an hour clutching my flashlight close. I heard shuffling and made up my mind I wasn't moving. Turns out 4-5 zombies had spawned and one of them opended the door on me! I freaked out because it was such close quarters and I ran straight into the hoard. I was literally freaking out when I broke one of bones and I tried to abort as quickly as possible, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to do so, and luckily a guy shot off the remaining zombie stragglers. When I asked for help he replied with a quick gunshot to my head. I hope he liked my trust ole' flashlight!

My next few lives were basically the same, spawning near a building running and dying was consistent of my first few lives.

Edited by LodiLu

trying to recall my first death is pretty hard.. after hearing from zero punctuation (escapist) i spawned in having no clue where i was next to a industrial building. immediatly went in there for supplies, zeds saw me and i just started running into the woods scared for my life. about a day latter i finally figured out how the game works, havent died and was confused why the life expectancy was low until i finally hit my time of death. around my fourth hour of game play i was ontop of a cliff looking at kamyshovo, NE of elektro where i thought o leme get a better look w/ my binoculars on the cliff...

the rest involved me watching my body fail crawling down the glitchy cliff while somehow my pack stayed where i took out the binoculars.. the next two attempts was getting the bag while watching myself glitch run across the cliff and immediatly splat on the ground

Well after discovering how dangerous it is to get trapped in a barn by zombies I ran around for a bit completely colourblind and managed to find a small house which if I re-call correctly was probably at cherno/elektro, I hid in the house for a moment and checked for loot and found nothing. I heard makarov shots somewhere nearby and after passing out on the floor several times with shots still going off nearby I committed suicide out of shear fright. Those were the days...

I spawned in Cherno and 2 of my friends and I were trying to find each other but were clueless to where we were. After trying for 30 minutes I had to get off to do something so I climbed up the ladder of one of the industrial buildings and jumped off the roof.

Spawned in elektro, luckily 1st time playing was with friends. They took me to the Airfield and got me gear. We were then running to Stary and found a tent! As we were looting it, some bandit squad killed all 3 of us.

The squad with their tent north of stary on Seattle 1337. Yeah, I remember the server.

This was around July.

Edited by Kubz

Spawn in complete darkness.

Seeing nothing, only hearing waves over and over pounding on the beach.

Realizing my eyes wont adapt to complete blackness.

Stepping off the beach and as the waves fade, I hear several scary moans close nearby.

I retreat defeated to the beach, then the rain starts, or more accurately the monsoon.

I decide to travel along the beach hoping to avoid zombies and hoping the moon soon will rise.

I see the silhouette of a boat bridge and decide to hide out there. There, I get shot and killed.

I log off and go to bed.

Spawn in for the first time, see a town, run into the nearest building, trip on a ladder, and my leg shatters as it smashes into the wall.

Edited by GotBeanZ

I usually watch gameplay for games and when I buy them I know how to play, with DayZ this wasn't the case. My first 5-20 deaths were most likely due to zombies.

back in 1.5.something, I spawned on the coast of Cherno, took three steps, and immediately got the attention of two zombies, who screamed and got the attention of another three or so of their companions. I died within the minute.

I loved it.

my first death? well basically a hacker killed me. this one actually sucks pretty bad. i was playing some unknown server. it was pitchblack outside so i couldnt see anything, after about 10mins i found a enfield, being a new player i was stoked, literally 30 seconds later, i got shot and started bleeding out, so i quickly replied "friendly" the guy revived me, set a box down and left. inside was a hell load of guns, gold ak's and pistols and what not (Obviously hacked, but i was new at the time and didnt know, i just thought this guy was super cool). so i got a g36sd camo soldier clothes and some other stuff that i can't remember, after i was done. the hacker killed the entire server. upon death, the only thing that was said by the admin was "hey, how did you get that g36sd?" without hesitation, i was banned from that server...and i wasn't even the hacker. moral of the story. i was basically this hackers' fleshlight because i got screwed hard.

first life I died on the coast by zombies lol

second life my mate accidentally killed me

third life I stayed alive for 2 weeks 0_o