Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Man

What was your very first ever DayZ death?

Ran around Balota after killing my first man. (I was proud as hell, first survivor I met tried to light me up with a mk48 and I offed him with a single revolver headshot while he spray n' prayed.)

Found out there was a nice camp nearby with military gear inside. Got inside, found out how to climb the ladders, looted the camp.

Tried exitting the camp, MK48 in hand, new Coyote backpack on my back. Went through the front gates, and when I pressed "open" on the last gate, it swung the wrong way open, which dragged me and squished me into the fencing, which instantly broke my legs, made me pass out... And inexplicably get thrown a kilometer into the air............ Splat.

Respawned nearby and found my corpse with some luck. Apparently another survivor had seen the whole thing and pissed himself in side chat laughing... He was looting my corpse.

I ask him in direct if I could have my stuff back. He turns around and points my Mk48 at me. His response to my question? A single 7.62mm round to my face. Boom second death...

Que KAMENKA SPAAAAAAWN.

I ran up to a guy saying that I was friendly and new to the game but he just shot my legs and let me bleed out. I didn't know how to bandage at the time xD

I get a group of 3 going, spawned in Elektro on the coastline and the rest of my group was near kamenka. Me not knowing that sprinting attracts a fair amount of zombies on the road was running around wondering where to go. So i got a good amount of zeds coming at me, im running around wondering why there are so many and my friends are finally coming close. I'm still running around the coastline waiting for them, they come up in their UAZ, and they kill the zombies around me with their guns. After about 20 min of trying to figure out how to get in the UAZ without the mouse wheel (i use a laptop), i see a zed coming towards me and tell them "dont worry i got it" and it ends up killing me because i thought i could punch it. That was a fun night.

I survived into Day 7 or 8 and was enjoying my first ride in a helicopter, in the gunner seat when i saw the option to change to the Crew Chief position... I thought, oh cool, if i switch i'll be able to see the other side of us for a while, so i switched and all seemed fine.

Pilot: "WTF?! Did you just jump out?"

Me: "Nah i just changed seat to the other side, why?"

Pilot: "Oh it looked like you just jumped out"

*about 10-15 seconds passes*

Me: "Are you going down?"

Pilot: "No why?"

Me: "Oh f*ck, now im falling..."

The noise i could hear wasnt the helicopter going down, it was me getting further away from it as i fell into the darkness :(

My 2nd and only other death was yesterday when we were rolling down the coast in a bus and the driver was like UAZ, 300 metres!"... Took me a few seconds to switch on and realise shit was going down. I jumped out and scoped the UAZ, there was a player already outside of it looking right at us and I pulled the trigger in a panic, no idea where the hell it went as i hadnt zeroed my sniper and it was my first piece of real action on DayZ. I ran into the trees and took cover, my buddy got out and was sniped straight away, i then took out the player that killed him and the UAZ drove off up the road, I waited for a while and eventually one of them showed up at the bus with a few agrroed zombies and I took him out too.

Feeling all happy with myself i went back to the bus, had a look at the bodies and was about to go and look for their UAZ when BAM, knocked out from a sniper, then finished off and met with a "gg" in the side chat instantly... There was 3 of them, not two :(

Edited by MF25

My first death was rather wierd. I went into a tool shed and picked up a toolbox. As soon as I picked it up though, I got spawned in an AS50, Coyote backpack, ghillie suit, and a bunch of other cool things. So I decided to go in the forest. I killed a sheep and started to light a fire. I bent over to cook the meat and When I get up there's a guy standing behind me with a crossbow and shoots me in the head. Then I die.

I made a bad decision not knowing where I was and ran north from my spawn. I believe I was a little east of cherno when I first spawned. I ran and ran and ran it felt like hours trying to find anything. I found a barn and got a axe but had no idea that I could remove it from my toolbelt and use it as a weapon. I finally make it to electro some how by running north then back southeast for hours. I sneak around zeeds into the school where I find a makarov and a ghille suit on the school roof. I had no idea at the time how rare the guille suits were. I felt unstopable now that I had a weapon and a guille.

To make my death short I ran into the store in elecktro a block away went in the back room of the store and opened the door, broke my legs and got eaten by a zeed.

My next death scared the crap out of me. I was running through the woods north for cherno again trying to find my way back to electro not knowing that I could just run east down the coast and find it. I find a MP5 sd in a tree stand and think I am now James Bond and going to be a top secret assasin. I keep running through the woods I feel like I am in the middle of no where them BAM I hear 1 shot go off and I fall to the ground dead. I have never been so scared from a video game in my life, my heart is now racing so I logged off before I had a heart attack

Just spawned. Heard a chopper overhead. The chopper landed not too far away. I walked over to the landing site. I saw a guy laying prone near the chopper. I thought, "this is cool. My first 5 minutes playing and I am getting a ride in the chop---BOOM! HEADSHOT!

i was going to a firestation for a gun. and i finally found one, think it was a lee enfield. Anyways i then went to the back of the firestation and tried to climb up the ladders to the roof, but i couldn't! (in bf3 you just have to walk to the ladders and it will let you climb. didn't know you had to scroll middle mouse button in dayz and select climb). after gawd knows how much time i finally found out. so i climed up feeling like the baws of the world, and thinking i would snipe the whole server from my little vantage point (yes i know :rolleyes: ). after a minute on the rooftop a guy fired his gun at me and misses. scared sh*tless i tried to climb down the ladders (bf3 style), so needless to say i forgot everything about the scroll menu and ran over the ladders, landed on the ground with a broken leg and bleeding like a fountain. i died after a couple of seconds from bloodloss.