ke5ykw

Getting the Game Tomorrow

Hello everyone, I am getting this game tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me or anything that might help?

Thanks for reading this

I recommend you find at least 1 other person to play with. The game can be really hard to get into at first, as well as really boring if you are alone.

Enjoy your first experience - there is nothing like it.

Apart from that, grab a hatchet and unleash hell.

Hello there

Don't try to run the game at maxxed out settings. She's a demanding beast on any PC.

rgds

LoK

Thanks everyone for the help. I am trying to find someone to play with me but none of my friends have the game D:

One more thing should I download directly from Steam?

Hello there

Steam? up to you really. I use it for my Arma and find it simple to organise, so I prefer it. YMMV though.

Rgds

LoK

Alright thanks didnt know if it would make using DayZ a problem.

Hello everyone, I am getting this game tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me or anything that might help?

Thanks for reading this

Prepare your anus.

Not being a dick in anyway, but get ready to be violated.

Don't take it personally when someone kills you

1. Get a Teamate

2.You see a car, take it and drive (Remember to check gear)

3. Loot the hell out of the costal cities while you are there

4.Use Dayzdb Loot map

Some basic rules I always use:

1- Zombies are the least of your problems. Watch for other survivors. Most of them will kill you only for fun.

2- That said, stay out of sight. Avoid running in cities or on roads. When moving use the tree line or go deep in the woods.

3- Be invisible. Don't stand on visible spots. Avoid zombie detection at all costs. Aggro'ed Zd's will give away your position and can attract bandits.

4- When looting go first get a weapon. Anything will do, but avoid then if there is no ammo (it will only make you more of a target).

5- Try to run for the bigger cities like Cherno or Elektro. There is close to no loot on small towns or villages.

5- Loot medical supplies. Grab morphine, painkillers and bandages. You can't use the blood bag or the epi-pen on yourself, so leave them.

6- Get a big backpack. Alice backpack is ideal, but the Czech one will do fine.

7- Grab food, drinks and try to fill your tool belt the best you can

8- Leave the coast. Head north.

9- Up North, people with vehicles or in group tends to be hostile. Kill them on sight.

10- Go to a small town and practice shooting at the zombies. You need intimacy with your weapon of choice.

Basic etiquete tips (for a survivor):

1- If you are close to another survivor use the direct channel to communicate. Voice is always better.

2- Whenever possible, do the "friendship dance" to show you are not hostile.

3- If there is someone else looting the spot you went for, politely say "sorry, I will wait you leave". And really leave the place.

4- Offer or ask for help. This is the best way to team up.

There are a ton more of things, but these will do for your first lives.

Edited by ShigZ

Pine trees are your friend against sightly annoying zombies, ie when you aggro them go into a coniferous tree and they will not be able to harm you and eventually de-aggro.

Edited by matty4118

When you first spawn there will be a lot of running involved, just have lots of patience and you'll get cool loot eventually! ;)

Edited by Lewwy

Stay low, don't run out in the open, and most importantly... Trust no one. You see someone you shoot them. Too many times I'd try to be "friendly" only to be shot.

And please, enjoy the landscape. Chernarus is beautifull and very peacefull at times. It will heal your soul.