dakilla187

Zombies are too Powerful

They can't infect us the same way because we are the lucky (or unlucky depending how you see it) immune ones.

must not mean we are going to get that "zombie virus", but maybe just a "normal" infection, because they scratched your skin with their rotting hands. or a blood poisoning. you should be afraid to even come close to one of them, not SPRINT through hordes of them like a olympic 100m dash athlete like most of us do.

TOOOOT TOOOOT, ZOMBIE TRAIN!

Edited by spliff

I can sprint through elektro full throttle with a horde of twenty-thirty of the bastards chasing after me and I'm all like "whatever, it's cool". The only time I ever experience fear is when I see other players. Zeds are afforded an appropriate measure of caution given the situation. If I'm low on blood, ammo or medical supplies I keep a low profile so I don't get noticed at all. If I have plenty of bandages to stop bleeding, enough health to take a hit or two, and enough ammo to fight my way out of a corner, I won't pay zeds the least little bit of attention.

• Like 1

There once was a guy named Jed.

He was angry he was undead.

Then one day, he found a way to knock you out as you bled.

You came in here to complain.

We all thought you were insane.

I knew in my soul, this post would be a troll, I hope it pulled your chain.

Zombies are essentially underpowered, the only thing that really bugs me about zombie mechanics is when first logging into a game, the first zed that hits you, causes you to bleed. That's the only thing that rattles me the most.

Most zombies that nail you from behind the head usually knock you out, which is semi-realistic, take a blow to the back of the head, and anyone is out.

Though they really need to change the Revolver / M1911 back to their original damage.

I just hope the zeds in the standalone have better attacks other than "Shove"

Scratch, Claw, Bite, Snap, Crunch, Dismember...

Though I prefer a heavy hitting, weak health zombie to a cumbersome number of pin-prick zombies with a monsterous amount of health.

No pathing issues, plus running through buildings, plus higher zombie density equals ZOMBIES OWNZ UR SHIZ.

Standalone.

Zombie gives me a single hit with 9800 blood and I get knocked out(hourglass), this has happened numerous times. I die to zeds more then from other players, not too mention being stuck in a door unable to walk through.

I just had 2 high teir weapons fully loaded, i lose it all because of a single zed hit, first hit is a homerun I guess..

sLAP ur knocked out, goodbye Come again...

zombies are way to hard omg take it easy with them like sometimes they hit me and i bleed and i got to banadage and like it should like 10 blood per hit why so much blood. and why to zombies always hear me when i run they need to be more stupid. also they run to fast sometimes i have to run away but they follow me, and it take to many bullets to kill them like why isint like one shot for all guns also i want zombies to shit rainbows because it makes me happy.

Please people, if they were any easier they would pose no threat once so ever.

Watch Frankie run around on youtube. Its retarded - he has such a easy time evading them even with hes agro'd a crap ton bro. Take advantage of them walking slow in doors if a long flee is less attractive... don't be linear in your escape if you've got that super marathon zombie on your heels.. Eat meat...

The End?

..Am I the only that can get fucked up by zombies quite easily?xD

Once you know how to lose them and how to avoid them then they cease to be a threat. I try my best not to hide in a tree but I occasionally find myself doing that if I'm in really bad shape. I do still try to zigzag through trees and find other ways to break their line of sight rather than abusing the mechanics. Even then, running into a building to lose them or pop them with a silent weapon works for now. Once they can run through buildings and see stationary targets in trees, things will change. I'm looking forward to that day.

The game needs to be much harder. :) :)

You need to improve your zombie avoiding skills dude, zombies are harmless unless you have low blood, in which case you just run around until you lose them.

Edited by MissSweeney

Oh lord, still replying to this? Im whining? I only play Lingor, ive so much hours logged in you cannot school me telling me to avoid zeds, im the guy putting bullets in your heads.

This occurance is one of the freak accidents that happend in the linger servers, youd think I dont know how zeds respond and how much they hit for with over 300 hours logged.

Sure I can run into a pack of zeds and stand there do a break dance for a while and run away and bandage myself. But there will always be a time where you get a mike tyson punch when your least expecting it.

Oh sorry for spamming my cat just ran on my keyboard and this god forsaken whine appeared on my screen

C'mon guys, we all have been newbies... When I started playing I was also scared of zeds, and they killed me very often...

To OP: You'll soon learn how Dayz works, but thrust me, it's better for you to discover it yourself, because whenever you discover it, all the magic will go.

Please for the love of god don't nerf zombies because of "less mentally able" people either unable or unwilling to learn how to deal with them. How are "less mentally able" people ever going to stop being "mentally challenged" if game developers keep hand holding and catering to their special needs.

They need to be pushed to learn, forced to learn and not have their special needs met to the detriment of everyone else who does not suffer form learning disabilities.

I've never died due to zombies. You can outrun them for as long as your food and water lasts, and they do very, very little damage when they do manage to hit you.

You were probably on a private server with insanely modified zombie settings or something. I've seen a few around.

I want zeds to be so tough youre almost forced to team up with other survivors to get into certain areas

theyre a nuisance now, nothing more and very boring.

• Like 1

I want zeds to be so tough youre almost forced to team up with other survivors to get into certain areas

theyre a nuisance now, nothing more and very boring.

Agreed. They're just one more annoying obstacle to overcome. No real threat at all.

• Like 1

Agreed. They're just one more annoying obstacle to overcome. No real threat at all.

I just 'came back' to Dayz a week or so ago since I stopped playing for like 2 months. I wanted to try a few new maps and watched some videos on youtube from popular streamers. After watching the videos and playing a bit (most recent map was Namalsk) all I have to say is that zombies are a BIG FUCKING JOKE at the moment.

I have to admit I was one of the players complaining that the zeds were too hard (a few months ago) but damn, I was so wrong. They are like flies, like moving decorations in the maps, just keep moving all the time and they will stop chasing you, shoot all you want and they will not give a damn.

I can't complain about the status of the game now (almost pure pvp) because I like it and I find it fun, but zombies have to be way harder in the standalone, they have to fuck you up very badly if you are not cautious, the game is in part about surviving in a world infested with zombies and that's not the case anymore since people learned how to avoid them. I agree that the presence of Zombies should make you shit your trousers in fear.

Edited by ArrThePirate
  • Like 1

I just 'came back' to Dayz a week or so ago since I stopped playing for like 2 months. I wanted to try a few new maps and watched some videos on youtube from popular streamers. After watching the videos and playing a bit (most recent map was Namalsk) all I have to say is that zombies are a BIG FUCKING JOKE at the moment.

I have to admit I was one of the players complaining that the zeds were too hard (a few months ago) but damn, I was so wrong. They are like flies, like moving decorations in the maps, just keep moving all the time and they will stop chasing you, shoot all you want and they will not give a damn.

I can't complain about the status of the game now (almost pure pvp) because I like it and I find it fun, but zombies have to be way harder in the standalone, they have to fuck you up very badly if you are not cautious, the game is in part about surviving in a world infested with zombies and that's not the case anymore since people learned how to avoid them. I agree that the presence of Zombies should make you shit your trousers in fear.

Hopefully in the standalone we will see a much better threat from the Zombies. Well I hope so, anyway.