Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

But don't you see, that is the game, it's a part of the big picture that makes Dayz the game it is.

If all you're interested in doing is death matching (I'm assuming here as you haven't specified what 'playing the game' is to you) maybe you're in the wrong place.

You don't understand what I am saying. If you spawn in the southern most areas of the map, you literally have to run straight to Vorkuta or you will die. You cannot stop and loot things. You cannot meet up with other people. You cannot do anything but go to the only town that has any decent chance of food spawning there. That is not fun, has nothing to do with the "DayZ experience", and can be fixed.

BTW, your deathmatching comment is rather amusing. This is a god damn first person shooter. If that isn't your kind of thing, perhaps you should go play the Sims. Look at the

on the first page. Take a look at what it says at 45 seconds. Aside from that, my comment is directly related to what you call "deathmatching".

Don't you see? If it is impossible for me to find food, I am left with no other option but to shoot every person I come across so I will not die. Once everyone gets used to the map, the food supply will diminish even further, increasing KoS, something you say people should look elsewhere for. Try thinking before you post. It only hurts the first time, then you start to get used to it.

• Like 1

There seems to be a few people that have been reporting that only one person can get into a vehicle now, this is because of Warm Clothes, if you have someone wearing Warm Clothes while in a vehicle, the other options for players to gain access to the vehicle will disappear.

So if you want more than one person in a vehicle, take off your warm clothes.

There seems to be a few people that have been reporting that only one person can get into a vehicle now, this is because of Warm Clothes, if you have someone wearing Warm Clothes while in a vehicle, the other options for players to gain access to the vehicle will disappear.

So if you want more than one person in a vehicle, take off your warm clothes.

You can report and talk about issues, things you would to see improved / added in DayZ: Namalsk topic http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101981-dayz-namalsk/

Anyway, this is a known bug, same for unable to give blood transfusion while wearing warm clothes, I am still unable to find the source, but it does have a high prio.

btw.. o/ EVE player? :)

Thank you for your feedback, I am already trying to take a look on these issues. But so far I am not familiar with the source of this problem (same for the blood transfusion to char with custom skin).

Thank you!

I think, the way of living you describe is really similar to the Chernarus DayZ, but I am really not sure about Namalsk, does its size really allows you to stock up and be king with all kinds of equipment behind? Not to mention the amount of people you meet everytime you go somewhere..

With the version v0.6, which should hopefully come this week, I changed several things to the temperature system:

The first and the most significant change is that the temp script has undergone more balancing, fixes of not really correctly working things. It also feature some new things (ghillie suit offers you a little more warm to your body, buildings does have a bit different effects, heatpacks will be once again a bit better) -> I will try to describe this a bit more in the release texts.

DayZ: Namalsk will also have on default settings small drops care packages, if you find them, you eventually have chance for getting hospital type of loot with higher antibiotics chance.

This update featuring also total transfer of all chernarus like buildings under my loot tables, this means also custom hospital loot. You will have better chances to find antibiotics there. (again, this whole loot table transfer will be described into details in the release texts and the changelog too).

Matches has been added to the farm loot table with 0.6 version. And about the animals, spawns are pretty much down currently, still deciding and probably higher them a bit + editing the animal type, because with the loot table conversion, there are more changes to the food distribution. I will have to recheck things in this again, how big impact it does really have. More info will come later.

Not sure, afaik there shouldn't be any problems with the currently existing signed PBO files.

Check few lines ↑, night gameplay should change in a good way, allowing you be a bit more mobile and even allowing you to "repair" bad luck situations, but you will still need to take close look on what you are doing (it will be also noticeable little in the daylight times too).

Nice Changes!!

I wouldn't even worry about vehicles on Namalsk, the map is so small that you're going to bring so much attention to yourself that they aren't worth it.

Last night I killed 2 seperate guys who had pick up trucks

I've had the same problem giving blood to someone wearing a Ghillie suit a few times already.

The guys with who I play no longer wear a Ghillie for this reason.

We do not have the problem with the Camo clothing.

I am not sure if this is a recognized bug on the Tracker.

Topics merged.

I just want to say, I am loving Namalsk! I actually have to worry about finding food and water again, it's great! I can't remember the last time I saw blinking red on my food/water in vanilla DayZ haha. Don't make it too much easier to find matches. I like the very real possibility of starving.

Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to future updates. :D

I finally got my Namlask working and I have to say I didn't get to enjoy my first experience due to some loser hackers. Entire server got teleported from Tara Bridge to under the underground bunker. Then when I respawned and actually got to play on a non-hacker server, I was gunned down by a group of guys with some good weapons on the bridge. They all just shot straight down, I didn't stand a chance.

I like the map though, its nice. It feels so gloomy and miserable when I play. I died running through rain on a snow covered mountain very fast. i died a couple times from lack of food too. I also came across a few graphical glitches mainly at tara bridge on the side by the factory, and then one by the old hospital. Sorry, but I don't know what it exactly was, and I know there is tons of military loot all over this map and tons of guns so I have heard, but i searched 3 helicopter crashes and 2 military barracks to find one gun with no ammo and then just a bunch of random ammo. ;/

Overall though, thank you for making this map. Im sure i will have the chance to enjoy it more as I play over the next week.

Edited by FearlessJew

You don't understand what I am saying. If you spawn in the southern most areas of the map, you literally have to run straight to Vorkuta or you will die. You cannot stop and loot things. You cannot meet up with other people. You cannot do anything but go to the only town that has any decent chance of food spawning there. That is not fun, has nothing to do with the "DayZ experience", and can be fixed.

BTW, your deathmatching comment is rather amusing. This is a god damn first person shooter. If that isn't your kind of thing, perhaps you should go play the Sims. Look at the video on the first page. Take a look at what it says at 45 seconds. Aside from that, my comment is directly related to what you call "deathmatching".

Don't you see? If it is impossible for me to find food, I am left with no other option but to shoot every person I come across so I will not die. Once everyone gets used to the map, the food supply will diminish even further, increasing KoS, something you say people should look elsewhere for. Try thinking before you post. It only hurts the first time, then you start to get used to it.

Kill civilian zombies.

Collect food.

???

Profit.

Also, does anyone know how to fix the L85 thermal scope on this map (so the background isn't just plain black)?

Edited by Aisha808

We could meet up and I could show if you like? Try pressing 'N' when scoped in.

No lol. I know how to switch to thermal. The scope is just plain black with red/white heat signatures, rather than contrasting red/orange as it was in Chernarus.

Thanks for the great map. Myself and the guys I play with are really enjoying it, amazing the amount of detail you've put into it.

BUG REPORT: Warm weather clothes are not allowing people to access vehicles to others. Example, If I am wearing the warm clothes skin, and I get into a vehicle in any position, no one can access it after until I exit. This includes any position and the gear menu. All other skins seem to function normally. Really hope you've already found a fix for this and it will be included in your next release.

BUG REPORT: Add onto this: Personnel in Winter Clothing cannot be bloodbagged..

I don't think this is quite true. I found I was able to bloodbag a friend last night, I just had to get MUCH farther away from him than normal for the menu to come up. Got it almost by accident. Both of us were in winter clothes.

Not true. Tested several times. Working just fine, atleast for our squad.

having a few issues getting this working, I have the disc version for the game and only use mod folders, so I have the @NC folder with all the addons for the normal part of the game and then do I just put the dayz ones in the same folder? I tried loading it up through the beta patch but it doesnt show Namalsk as being loaded?

edit: i'm an idiot nevermind

Edited by spuddels

having a few issues getting this working, I have the disc version for the game and only use mod folders, so I have the @NC folder with all the addons for the normal part of the game and then do I just put the dayz ones in the same folder? I tried loading it up through the beta patch but it doesnt show Namalsk as being loaded?

Put the ns_dayz files in the @NS>addons folder.

Put the key files in the arma 2 operation arrowhead key folder.

When i tried to refill my fuel can. Couldn't do it... The fill fuel can didn't appear

Tried it with 2 fuel tanks..

Edited by JoneKone

Also add the more military heli's to be allowed. Private hives should be able to add they own from any class.

Edited by Falcon911

Hey guys, just a quick heads up for you, I've been testing today on bliss dedicated server (thanks to Shiva for help!), we've tested certain modifications I had to do because of the different versions, which will exists once I will release next update. First is the new mission file modifications should not allow to the players with the current version (0.55) to connect on the server with new dayz namalsk update (0.60, to be released) (because BE is not able kick these people) - we had to do it because otherwise server gets really buggy. The second thing I had to implement today is version checking, similar to the DayZ mod, which will be help managing future releases and protect the servers from the players with wrong version of dayz namalsk. So this slowed a bit the actual release, but it is for good thing definitely! :)

We've also tested fix for the warm clothes and you should be able with the new version board the same vehicle. Some of you have problems with blood transfusion, but we've tested this too and were not able to reproduce this issue - it was working normally.

Just few more things I need to change in the config and DayZ: Namalsk v0.60 is ready to release! :)

ps: changelog almost ready too, should be up soon

• Like 5

nice news Sumrak, your map is really the best.

Please remove this One-Shot snipers from the map, they really destroy the new survival atmosphere created by your mapping features.

I like pvp but one-shot is not pvp. i like shotouts with two m16 or stuff. but i press a button and the other die ...it doesnt fit to this map...

Edited by garack

nice news Sumrak, your map is really the best.

Please remove this One-Shot snipers from the map, they really destroy the new survival atmosphere created by your mapping features.

I like pvp but one-shot is not pvp. i like shotouts with two m16 or stuff. but i press a button and the other die ...it doesnt fit to this map...

I kind of like the mid class gun fights too, 0.60 brings some of the initial changes to this. More with the changelog :P

This is preliminary of changelog for DayZ: Namalsk v0.6.

(something may be missing)

New: You can see zombies now roaming in the forest areas, this has been done to enhance player's cautious while travelling or hiding in the forests on Namalsk

New: Necessary steps has been done to make sniper rifles more rare including the experimental gauss rifle

Added: CfgBuildingLoot changed to CfgBuildingLootNamalsk, this class now contains not only the custom loot tables and loot spots, but also redefined Chernarus buildings, used by Namalsk

Added: 'building_spawnLoot.sqf', 'building_spawnZombies.sqf', 'zombie_generate.sqf' and 'player_spawnCheck.sqf' moved to nst\ns_dayz\code\compile to support the CfgBuildingLoot -> CfgBuildingLootNamalsk change

Added: 'gather_meat.sqf' to nst\ns_dayz\code\actions to support the animal change

Added: 'player_animalCheck.sqf' to nst\ns_dayz\code\compile to support the animal change

Added: Small addition to the mission file to prevent players with any older version of DayZ: Namalsk to connect on 0.60 servers

Added: 'player_monitor.fsm', 'player_monitor.sqf' added and modified so the clients are able to receive version info of DayZ: Namalsk from the server and compare it with their own (+ string added, in case of the wrong version)

Improved: Roaming zombie script now spawns on the predefined position/s (hangPos[] in CfgBuildingLoot), if this position is not defined, it spawns zombies on the default model position (dayz default behaviour)

Improved: Roaming zombies should find a bit more possible locations for walking than before

Changed: nst\ns_dayz\code\init\variables.sqf to support the CfgBuildingLoot -> CfgBuildingLootNamalsk change

Changed: ALL CHERNARUS BUILDINGS WERE MOVED UNDER CUSTOM NAMALSK LOOT TABLES (hospital, supermarket, offices, deerstands,..) => I have now 100% control of the loot tables of Namalsk

Changed: used sqf files in ns_dayz.pbo from dayz_code.pbo were updated for DayZ 1.7.3 code version

Changed: Animal spawn made a bit higher (more low & mid class animals), but the yield lower

Changed: Disabled zombie spawn on 'Land_most_blok'

Changed: 'Land_mi8_crashed' (only helicrash loot type object on Namalsk - with custom loot table HeliCrashNamalsk) now contains only 2 lootspots (previously 4)

Changed: 'Land_st_vez' relooted due to possible broken loot spot coordinate

Changed: 'Land_molovabud1' was relooted (broken z coordinate of loot spots) and changed its count of the loot spots to 9

Changed: 'Land_ind_expedice_1' was relooted due to broken lootspot coordinates and changed its count of the loot spots to 13

Fixed: Wrong loot positions on Land_ind_quarry, Land_ind_sawmill and Land_psi_bouda

Fixed: Player, wearing warm clothes, blocked access to the vehicle for the people without warm clothes (the player, wearing warm clothes was on different side)

Tried: To improve behaviour after model change, to prevent swimming in the ground or on the objects (probably not 100% fix)

Added: Loot type 'medicalNamalsk', based on 'medical'

Added: Added spawn and spawn chance of 'ItemAntibiotic'

Added: Loot type 'hospitalNamalsk', based on 'hospital'

Changed: Higher chance for spawn of 'ItemAntibiotic'

Added: Loot type 'militaryNamalsk', based on 'military'

Changed: lowered chances for the spawning of mid class ammo (STANAG, AK,..)

Changed: added spawn and spawn chance of 'ItemWaterbottleUnfilled'

Added: Loot table HospitalNamalsk

Changed: 'hospital' loot type to 'hospitalNamalsk' loot type

Changed: Lowered chance for finding the 'MedBox0'

Added: Loot table SuperMarketNamalsk

Changed: 'generic' loot type to 'genericNamalsk' loot type

Changed: 'food' loot type to 'foodNamalsk' loot type

Loot table FarmNamalsk

Added: loot chance and spawn of 'ItemMatchbox' (box of matches)

Changed: Increased a bit chance for getting 'foodNamalsk'

Loot table ResidentialNamalsk

Changed: loot type 'military' changed to 'militaryNamalsk'

Loot table IndustrialNamalsk

Loot table HeliCrashNamalsk

Changed: loot type 'medical' changed to 'medicalNamalsk'

Changed: lowered chance for looting 'M107_DZ', 'BAF_AS50_scoped' and 'DMR'

Changed: increased chance for looting 'FN_FAL', 'FN_FAL_ANPVS4' and 'BAF_L85A2_UGL_ACOG'

Loot table MilitaryNamalsk

Removed: Spawn and spawn chance for looting 'M24' and 'DMR'

Loot table MilitaryNamalskWinter

Removed: Spawn and spawn chance for looting 'M24' and 'DMR'

Loot table MilitarySpecialNamalsk

Removed: Spawn and spawn chance for looting 'DMR', 'M24', 'M107_DZ' and 'SVD_CAMO'

Loot table MilitarySpecialNamalskWinter

Changed: lowered chance for looting 'DMR'

Loot table MilitarySpecialNAC

Removed: Spawn and spawn chance of the experimental gauss rifle - 'nsw_er7s', 'nsw_er7a' (ammo for it stays)

Added: Loot table MilitarySpecialNACER7, derived from MilitarySpecialNAC (please note, that there are 2 objects on the map, which does have assigned this loot table, they have lootChance 25% and 1 lootspot)

Added: Spawn and spawn chance of the experimental gauss rifle - 'nsw_er7s', 'nsw_er7a'

Temperature system changes

New: Wearing the ghillie suit now gives you a partial ability against the cold environment

Changed: More balancing has been done in the temperature script - some positive and negative factors changed, affecting the player's temperature

Changed: Heat pack item can now add 5 degrees to the current player's temperature

Changed: With DayZ 1.7.3 isinbuilding function got fixed and so the detection and building factor is working correctly

(few highlights of the new temp script changes)

Make sure you move enough

Do not try to swim

Buildings are good, but you are not 100% cover at nights (half efect of the negative night factor while in buildings)

Heatpacks are now better

Wearing ghillie suit will help you a bit, but it does not have effect like warm clothes have

Server-side changes

Added: Care package event - server spawns small package of the medical supplies with higher chance for getting antibiotics

Added: DayZ: Namalsk version check, server now knows about the used version of DayZ: Namalsk and it sends this version to all clients for comparing

Please note, that I will be trying to highlight, that it is really essential for server owners to use proper server pbo file. Since DayZ: Namalsk was released, there was quite lot of servers, which had different server pbos, which resulted in few bugs or helicrashes available. Since Namalsk v0.60, version checking system is implemented in server pbo, if there will be wrong server pbo, clients won't be able to connect at all.

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 7

I just read through that.

I need some BeanZ.

To be honest I have not played any DayZ since build 1.7.3 was released, just waiting for things to come together with Bliss/Namalsk/DayZ and all.

Thanks

Thanks Sumrak, sounds great! Namalsk is definitely my favorite map in conjunction with DayZ.

But what's wrong with the crash sites? Why don't you want them to be enabled?