Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Please, please, please wait at least a week so that people can get to know the map better before changing the way that hunger works. The first few hours can seem haunting, but soon enough you learn to cope in this new environment. Even now it's theoretically possible to run from the bottom of the map to Vorkuta before you begin to lose blood from hunger. If you didn't find any food on your way there, you're bound to find plenty in the city itself.

Current system may not be perfectly realistic but neither is the way that the medicine works. Painkillers shouldn't have an instantaneous effect and fixing a broken leg with a shot of morphine just plainly doesn't make sense. Compared to these, blood loss from hunger is actually sensible, since it reflects how body's getting weaker. Maybe it could stop at 3K, so that it's not possible to starve to death in one afternoon.

The upcoming update wont contain any modifications to the current hunger system (the changelog will be available sometimes soon, changes roughly described here http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101981-dayz-namalsk/page__st__160#entry965742 )

So don't worry, but it is awesome you guys are giving your feedback and possible ideas about this problem, because we may get to something, which could be possibly implemented in the future updates ;)

Hey guys, I dont know if this issue has been reported before but here's what happend.

We found a UAZ at southern army base we repaired it, only 1 wheel was destroyed.

So, we were 3 ppl and only 2 of us could join the UAZ. We could also only do that by joining the car at the exact same moment.

We retried it after the server restarted, but it seems that only one person can join the UAZ. So with 1 Person in the UAZ no one else was able to enter.

sorry for my very good english *troll*

mfg vex

------------------------------

So when the driver is wearing "warm clothes" it seems like no one else can enter the car, our driver switched to camo and it worked.

Edited by Sivex1900

Hey guys, I dont know if this issue has been reported before but here's what happend.

We found a UAZ at southern army base we repaired it, only 1 wheel was destroyed.

So, we were 3 ppl and only 2 of us could join the UAZ. We could also only do that by joining the car at the exact same moment.

We retried it after the server restarted, but it seems that only one person can join the UAZ. So with 1 Person in the UAZ no one else was able to enter.

mfg vex

So when the driver is wearing "warm clothes" it seems like no one else can enter the car, our driver switched to camo and it worked.

Was one of the guys wearing the new skin?

Edit: oh god reading is hard... nothing said.

Edited by VRShiva

Sumrak thats great that your thinking of changing hunger and that your listening to suggestions as so many people have excellent ideas for Dayz.I love Dayz but find it has no survival aspects once you learn how to game it and the reason we all know is the large abundance of food and drink items that quickly fill up your storage forcing a pure PVP mentality.I think its best to make the survival aspects a huge part of the game experience but it needs tweaks.Some stuff below I posted already but with a few tweaks.

Cold should cause very slow blood loss when shivering.I was shivering for hours and we all know that running around in freezing weather with short sleeve shirt etc will make you bed ridden for a few days.Just make it slow so the player knows that they are losing health but its not highly visible on temp meter.With food(blood)being scarce though players will not really like to be shivering knowing that precious blood is being lost.And make getting sick a higher chance w/antibiotics spawning at morphine rates

Drinks....make bloodloss very slow and drink spawns very rare and canteens even rarer.Then mod in drinking from water sources so that players can survive even in servers highly looted as long as they like,but with the constant tension of moving from water source to water source.Finding a very rare canteen should be a freaking blessing!!Making a chance to get sick from ponds is a great idea and would work well by forcing players to Vortuk for antibiotics.

Food....make bloodloss very slow and canned foods very rare but increase rabbits alot more,goats and chickens slightly and cows keep rare.You need to allow players a means to survive if you wanna make a post apocalyptic feeling in Namaslk by having empty cans everywhere.Hunting seems really well to fit the bill here and the fact that I saw one rabbit,a chicken and one goat all day yesterday means this would not be possible if canned goods were further reduced.You want to force players to be constantly on the move and scanning for wild animals as they progress.Matches should be common....

The city Vortuk being a huge food drop I feel detracts from all the above even though I never visited it yet.Just head there and stock up and leave with a backpack full of food is what I have read.The super markets that I found down south though were just littered with cans and all were empty.:)I loved it!!! I think meds being very high in Vortuk compared to other hospitals are enough draw for players to the big city.A rare can of food here and there is enough to keep them there happily killing each other.

These are just ideas and of course this beautiful island and mod is yours so do what ever you think is best.

• Like 1

Check this topic, on few pages before, I have described, how to make manual links on arma 2 oa exe file, that way, you can get working Namalsk Crisis (you just need to remove from @dayz the parameters)

yep, I finally figured it out. I just wasn't sure I had everything that I needed, or if DayZ Commander had only given me what I needed to play the DayZ version

I'm really enjoying the campaign btw. everyone should check it out :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1

Food....make bloodloss very slow and canned foods very rare but increase rabbits alot more,goats and chickens slightly and cows keep rare.You need to allow players a means to survive if you wanna make a post apocalyptic feeling in Namaslk by having empty cans everywhere.Hunting seems really well to fit the bill here and the fact that I saw one rabbit,a chicken and one goat all day yesterday means this would not be possible if canned goods were further reduced.You want to force players to be constantly on the move and scanning for wild animals as they progress.Matches should be common....

matches are they key to that. as it is, canned food is rare, but still more common than matches

I like how stuff is separated onto different islands. but I already had an issue with snipers camping both of the bridges <_<

matches are they key to that. as it is, canned food is rare, but still more common than matches

I like how stuff is separated onto different islands. but I already had an issue with snipers camping both of the bridges <_<

Try swimming, and yes I know what your going to say...

* But it takes so long...

- At-least your not going to die and still get to your objective.

Try swimming, and yes I know what your going to say...

* But it takes so long...

- At-least your not going to die and still get to your objective.

oh, that's what I ended up doing. but the first place I tried, I ran (swam) into an invisible wall :( (I found another spot where I was able to cross). same thing happened to me on Panthera when I tied to swim across the bay

oh, that's what I ended up doing. but the first place I tried, I ran (swam) into an invisible wall :( (I found another spot where I was able to cross). same thing happened to me on Panthera when I tied to swim across the bay

Give "Sumrak" the cords to that invisible wall.

* I've yet to hit it, but my friend and been blocked multiple times.

Some people are getting problems with signature kicks on my server, any solution for this?

Yeah matches should be everywhere.Without them players will just starve away with raw steaks in their packs.

Yeah matches should be everywhere.Without them players will just starve away with raw steaks in their packs.

I think it would be interesting if hunting was the main source of food

I really enjoyed the feel of this map in my first life but sadly I ended up playing at night while it was pitch black. In an effort to see I was running down the road with nothing but a flashlight and apparently it is so cold that my character was already sick before I even found my first building to loot.

The challenge is really fun and unique but perhaps make antibiotics a little bit more common? As it is, I may as well have just kept killing myself until I spawned close enough to somewhere that I could manage to find enough heatpacks to keep spamming them and keep myself from freezing to death (I had to use about 5 every half an hour to an hour just to keep me above blinking temp).

No.

Stop trying to make this map, "easy" like chernarus.

If player really wants to find matches, just go find it in "Vorkuta".

Edited by Sobieski12

No.

Stop trying to make this map, "easy" like chernarus.

If player really wants to find matches, just go find it in "Vorkuta".

Once you find matches in the easy Chenarus your just basically set.This makes the search for matches the hard part.Making matches spawn alot removes that one item from being the hard part of surviving and by changing the gameplaye you make actual finding of animals and food the hard part.You need matches to eat and plus they are everywhere in real life.

EDIT....better way to look at it is that matches are a one time item,hard to find but just hard one time.Food on the other hand is something players will need to constantly search making it a hard to find item that is always needed.

Edited by wolfstriked

I think it would be interesting if hunting was the main source of food

I agree and canned foods that you find can be thought of as a backup.Then water sources as main drink sources to make them both hard to survive with.People will say this is making the game easier though somehow.

dayz namalsk is just amazing! love this map! it's perfect for an zombie apocalypse.

mfg vex

Thank you for your feedback, I am already trying to take a look on these issues. But so far I am not familiar with the source of this problem (same for the blood transfusion to char with custom skin).

Sumrak thats great that your thinking of changing hunger and that your listening to suggestions as so many people have excellent ideas for Dayz.I love Dayz but find it has no survival aspects once you learn how to game it and the reason we all know is the large abundance of food and drink items that quickly fill up your storage forcing a pure PVP mentality.I think its best to make the survival aspects a huge part of the game experience but it needs tweaks.Some stuff below I posted already but with a few tweaks.

Cold should cause very slow blood loss when shivering.I was shivering for hours and we all know that running around in freezing weather with short sleeve shirt etc will make you bed ridden for a few days.Just make it slow so the player knows that they are losing health but its not highly visible on temp meter.With food(blood)being scarce though players will not really like to be shivering knowing that precious blood is being lost.And make getting sick a higher chance w/antibiotics spawning at morphine rates

Drinks....make bloodloss very slow and drink spawns very rare and canteens even rarer.Then mod in drinking from water sources so that players can survive even in servers highly looted as long as they like,but with the constant tension of moving from water source to water source.Finding a very rare canteen should be a freaking blessing!!Making a chance to get sick from ponds is a great idea and would work well by forcing players to Vortuk for antibiotics.

The city Vortuk being a huge food drop I feel detracts from all the above even though I never visited it yet.Just head there and stock up and leave with a backpack full of food is what I have read.The super markets that I found down south though were just littered with cans and all were empty.:)I loved it!!! I think meds being very high in Vortuk compared to other hospitals are enough draw for players to the big city.A rare can of food here and there is enough to keep them there happily killing each other.

These are just ideas and of course this beautiful island and mod is yours so do what ever you think is best.

Thank you!

I think, the way of living you describe is really similar to the Chernarus DayZ, but I am really not sure about Namalsk, does its size really allows you to stock up and be king with all kinds of equipment behind? Not to mention the amount of people you meet everytime you go somewhere..

With the version v0.6, which should hopefully come this week, I changed several things to the temperature system:

The first and the most significant change is that the temp script has undergone more balancing, fixes of not really correctly working things. It also feature some new things (ghillie suit offers you a little more warm to your body, buildings does have a bit different effects, heatpacks will be once again a bit better) -> I will try to describe this a bit more in the release texts.

DayZ: Namalsk will also have on default settings small drops care packages, if you find them, you eventually have chance for getting hospital type of loot with higher antibiotics chance.

This update featuring also total transfer of all chernarus like buildings under my loot tables, this means also custom hospital loot. You will have better chances to find antibiotics there. (again, this whole loot table transfer will be described into details in the release texts and the changelog too).

Matches has been added to the farm loot table with 0.6 version. And about the animals, spawns are pretty much down currently, still deciding and probably higher them a bit + editing the animal type, because with the loot table conversion, there are more changes to the food distribution. I will have to recheck things in this again, how big impact it does really have. More info will come later.

Some people are getting problems with signature kicks on my server, any solution for this?

Not sure, afaik there shouldn't be any problems with the currently existing signed PBO files.

I really enjoyed the feel of this map in my first life but sadly I ended up playing at night while it was pitch black. In an effort to see I was running down the road with nothing but a flashlight and apparently it is so cold that my character was already sick before I even found my first building to loot.

The challenge is really fun and unique but perhaps make antibiotics a little bit more common? As it is, I may as well have just kept killing myself until I spawned close enough to somewhere that I could manage to find enough heatpacks to keep spamming them and keep myself from freezing to death (I had to use about 5 every half an hour to an hour just to keep me above blinking temp).

Check few lines ↑, night gameplay should change in a good way, allowing you be a bit more mobile and even allowing you to "repair" bad luck situations, but you will still need to take close look on what you are doing (it will be also noticeable little in the daylight times too).

Could you please post exact locations, so I can get those issues into the pipeline to be fixed? Thanks!

Thanks for noticing my complaint. The first time I was thrown off of the building roof I was on the top of a school, next to the ladder. I do not know my location. It was one of those places with a grocery and a hospital, but it wasn't Vorkuta (perhaps it was the "Old Hospital" location north west of Tara Harbor?). The second time was one of the industrial buildings in Vorkuta, the ones that have several stories to them with multiple entrances and I think they have blue tarps on the sides.

Please, please, please wait at least a week so that people can get to know the map better before changing the way that hunger works. The first few hours can seem daunting, but soon enough you learn to cope in this new environment. Even now it's theoretically possible to run from the bottom of the map to Vorkuta before you begin to lose blood from hunger. If you didn't find any food on your way there, you're bound to find plenty in the city itself.

Current system may not be perfectly realistic but neither is the way that the medicine works. Painkillers shouldn't have an instantaneous effect and fixing a broken leg with a shot of morphine just plainly doesn't make sense. Compared to these, blood loss from hunger is actually sensible, since it reflects how body's getting weaker. Maybe it could stop at 3K, so that it's not possible to starve to death in one afternoon.

It is not possible to run from the southern spawns to vorkuta. Your "theoretically" happens on near empty servers. If there are 30 or more on a server, you cannot just freely sprint from the bottom to the top of the map, especially with the way the temperature system works right now. Stopping in Obj A2 is a death sentence, and going anywhere else means you have to spend extra time searching for heatpacks or just taking shelter. I am all for harsh, but once everybody figures out the map, as you suggest, it will be even harder to find food, not the other way around. The problem isn't that the system isn't realistic in terms of realism, it isn't realistic in terms of asking players to do it and succeed especially when everyone starts to figure out the map. I don't enjoy running for 30 minutes just to get some food so I can actually start to play the game.

@OP - Is it possible to include antibiotics with the military and residential spawns in addition to the hospitals? Military bases have infirmaries, and people usually have medicine in their houses. As it is right now, once you get sick, you are better off dropping your gear under a tree and dying as opposed to trekking an hour to the hospital and not finding any antibiotics there. If they were made a little more common, it would allow you to keep the cold system the way it currently is, which would still force people away from the military spawns in the mountains. As I said before, as much as I like new skins, I would still like to see the warm clothes go, and possibly have a winter camo and winter ghillie added to the loot table. People being unable to camp the mountain bases is one of the greatest features of this map. Again, keep up the good work.

Once you find matches in the easy Chenarus your just basically set.This makes the search for matches the hard part.Making matches spawn alot removes that one item from being the hard part of surviving and by changing the gameplaye you make actual finding of animals and food the hard part.You need matches to eat and plus they are everywhere in real life.

EDIT....better way to look at it is that matches are a one time item,hard to find but just hard one time.Food on the other hand is something players will need to constantly search making it a hard to find item that is always needed.

I am going to guess you didn't understand my post.

* It should be "difficult" to find matches.

* It should be "difficult" to find game.

The whole point of "DayZ" is to survive, why not make it a challenge?

It's what makes the game challenging, it forces the player to make a choice to travel to "Vorkuta" and the aniety in knowing that there are others there as-well.

* If matches are rare, you finally have a reason to kill other players than to just steal their weapon. Your killing other players to survive.

- You also might find players of which are nice and are willing to share a campfire, it creates an environment that "Chernarus" just does not have.

Also finding matches in chernarus makes you set?

* There are supermarkets on every corner of the map.

North - West - Pustoshika

North - East - 2x Berezino

North - Stay Sobor

South - Cherno , Elektro

East - Polana

I hope you never die of dehydration or starvation on that map.

* Not to mention the countless "residential buildings" around the map, of which you can find loot.

* Or better yet, just aggro and entire town, and kill all the zombies one by one with your axe that has 10,000 hits.

- That will also guarantee you food and water.

I don't enjoy running for 30 minutes just to get some food so I can actually start to play the game.

But don't you see, that is the game, it's a part of the big picture that makes Dayz the game it is.

If all you're interested in doing is death matching (I'm assuming here as you haven't specified what 'playing the game' is to you) maybe you're in the wrong place.

Edited by RedNome

Thank you!

I think, the way of living you describe is really similar to the Chernarus DayZ, but I am really not sure about Namalsk, does its size really allows you to stock up and be king with all kinds of equipment behind? Not to mention the amount of people you meet everytime you go somewhere..

With the version v0.6, which should hopefully come this week, I changed several things to the temperature system:

The first and the most significant change is that the temp script has undergone more balancing, fixes of not really correctly working things. It also feature some new things (ghillie suit offers you a little more warm to your body, buildings does have a bit different effects, heatpacks will be once again a bit better) -> I will try to describe this a bit more in the release texts.

DayZ: Namalsk will also have on default settings small drops care packages, if you find them, you eventually have chance for getting hospital type of loot with higher antibiotics chance.

This update featuring also total transfer of all chernarus like buildings under my loot tables, this means also custom hospital loot. You will have better chances to find antibiotics there. (again, this whole loot table transfer will be described into details in the release texts and the changelog too).

Matches has been added to the farm loot table with 0.6 version. And about the animals, spawns are pretty much down currently, still deciding and probably higher them a bit + editing the animal type, because with the loot table conversion, there are more changes to the food distribution. I will have to recheck things in this again, how big impact it does really have. More info will come later.

Like you say its a balance thing and too far can make something terrible I agree.If things go to really harsh then most people just wont last long. :D When your running around with 4k blood from thirst/hunger/temp and being shot then one more bullet will kill you.But maybe this is the way a survival game should be....not the get geared and you can live long time but more YOU WILL DIE game style.Could be a "seperate the men from the boys" thing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What I find great about Namalsk is the quickness to get a good weapon.Did not think I would like that but making things like warm clothing,compasses,GPS etc really rare then it works for me.Allows us to survive and fight back earlier into a life and yet still have gear as level.Works great!

Edited by wolfstriked

I am going to guess you didn't understand my post.

* It should be "difficult" to find matches.

* It should be "difficult" to find game.

The whole point of "DayZ" is to survive, why not make it a challenge?

It's what makes the game challenging, it forces the player to make a choice to travel to "Vorkuta" and the aniety in knowing that there are others there as-well.

* If matches are rare, you finally have a reason to kill other players than to just steal their weapon. Your killing other players to survive.

- You also might find players of which are nice and are willing to share a campfire, it creates an environment that "Chernarus" just does not have.

Also finding matches in chernarus makes you set?

* There are supermarkets on every corner of the map.

North - West - Pustoshika

North - East - 2x Berezino

North - Stay Sobor

South - Cherno , Elektro

East - Polana

I hope you never die of dehydration or starvation on that map.

* Not to mention the countless "residential buildings" around the map, of which you can find loot.

* Or better yet, just aggro and entire town, and kill all the zombies one by one with your axe that has 10,000 hits.

- That will also guarantee you food and water.

The reason I suggest it easy to find matches is that balancing a game is hard with the more variables you add in.Look at what you need to find if you have to hunt to survive.Knife,hatchet,find an animal to kill and then ultra rare matches.You want players worrying about two things and that is scavenging for canned foods and spotting an animal to kill.You add in super rare matches and you will have a hell of a time balancing the spawns of food and animals IMO.Maybe make matches a one use item like a soda?This way you can keep a few of them as you find them.

Edited by wolfstriked

Thanks for the great map. Myself and the guys I play with are really enjoying it, amazing the amount of detail you've put into it.

BUG REPORT: Warm weather clothes are not allowing people to access vehicles to others. Example, If I am wearing the warm clothes skin, and I get into a vehicle in any position, no one can access it after until I exit. This includes any position and the gear menu. All other skins seem to function normally. Really hope you've already found a fix for this and it will be included in your next release.