Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Zombies walk off in the same direction leaving the same point (not very random and easy to deal with)

way to much military loot i think if you take out the deerstands or put residential in them

i like the fact that food is supposed to be hard but i have found quite the supply of food and drink, i dont know if i was lucky or not

military weapons should be hard as fuck to find every user made map has the same problem TOO MUCH MILITARY WEAPONS if you fix this this map can easily surpass all the other user made maps maybe not hard as fuck to find but hard

i love the fact that you start off cold

We're now hosting Namalsk as a map option and set up a server as well:

IP: 173.192.200.76:2342

Hive: DayZ.ST Company Hive

Max Players: 50

• Like 2

Survival Operations has one going too

www.survivaloperations.net

199.21.113.82: 2377

Location- Chicago

Max players 100

Hive: Bliss v36

Thanks goes to VRshiva again for assisting on getting this working on bliss in a hurry...

• Like 1

I am going to post this in troubleshooting as well but since this topic is related I thought I would ask here as well. I am getting this error;

You cannot play/edit this mission;it is dependant on content that has been deleted.namalsk, ns_dayz, ns modules

Also when I click on namalsk servers the required version turns red. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I cannot launch my namals server...downloaded ESI and trying to run a fresh namals server bat ( which 1 i downloaded here: http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server ) and it says every time:

"server_setup\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld.exe" couldn't find. Please be sure, the name is correct and repeat the last step

( sry i translate it into english ) :o

I like it a lot... i was getting errors last night, but must have been server side. Its working for me now(i was launching through spirited machines arma 2 launcher last night dayz commander this mornin... so maybe not?)

I love the sound and look o the place... reminds me o freezing my arse off in a shell scrap in waiouru here in NZ in my younger days. I like the scarcity o food(sorta bottle necks supply a bit).. i did find a goat... limited resources o course means greater competition for the said resources... all good by me. I think the relative abundance o military is consistent with the environment personally. Im loving it, thanks Sumrak, awesome work mate.

I have searched for three hours now. I can't find a download link. I have searched and read and not found anything for THREE HOURS NOW. Please, somebody, SEND ME A DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK. THIS IS REDICULOUS THAT IT'S THIS HARD TO FIND A DOWNLOAD.

HAHAHAH YES FINALY AFTER THREE HOURS I HAVE FOUND A DOWNLOAD LINK. Sheesh. I kept going in circles... And actualy, I've installed my whole arma series manually, and I use the beta launcher to launch everything. I have not touched six launcher or dayz commander once. but thanks for your concern.

Edited by Stix_FTW

For those that cannot find a link to download this modification, I suggest you lôôk at post #27 of this Topic.

In between post #26 & post #28.

• Like 2

GMT -6 server up running blisshive (todays build) :)

host: utes.got2dayz.nl

port: 2312

banner_560x95.png?random=220031

Any tips on not getting sick when spawning in the night in a snowy place? (atm im making campfires every 5 minutes not to get sick) :)

• Like 1

This just got released on DayZCommander

So here are my thought's on the map, after playing on it for a little over one hour.

Namalsk:

-It's like a postapocalyptic winter environment, it's cold. VERY cold.

Heatpacks are a must, aswell as stocking up with food, water and other supplies.

You can say that it doesn't seem very diffrent from other maps, but this one has a twist to it.

Your body temperature drops FAST. And generally. If you spawn along the shore someway, unless you are lucky, you will be running through the woods and snow for a while, until you come to a proper settlement, where you will be able to find heatpacks.

I was playing during night time on the server. And before I reach the settlement, I was already down to 8k blood, and ticking down fast.

Supplies are pretty scarce, so this is a true survival test until you get to know the map and spawn location's atleast.

It also has another little twist to it.

There are added and additional sounds you will hear.

If you are like me and are playing on GMT+2, then the server me and fraggle will be playing on, will have night time when I get off work.

Which makes the gameplay a lot more intriguing.

They have added predator sound's, from the predator movies.

A long with sounds from chernarus apocalypse and other mod's for arma.

I was genuinly scared while I was running through the woods of Namalsk.

the whole setting of when you enter a town, it's abandoned, it's dark, and you hear nothing but branches breaking behind you, screams in the distance, and the overwhelming feeling of always being watched by something from the woods.

All in all, this is a map I will be playing a lot from now on.

If you haven't tried it, then I suggest you do.

Preferably during the night.

-Zantiago

• Like 3

Very nice map and environment. The cold really adds up to the gameplay, giving you a new challenge: now camping with a sniper rifle from the top of a mountain isn't that easy, in example last night a guy was camping out there, after a while he has been forced to run up a fire to raise his temperature (prolly he finished the heat packs) .. and bang, he got smashed in like 2 minutes, giving out his position.

Eerything good so far... after Panthera, another "good" map on the scene. There's only one thing wrong: the cheaters. This is not map related, but they are really ruining everything here.. car spawned, teleporting, and all this shit totally ruins the immersion and after a while you just quit. This game could be so cool... but unfortunately there's no solution.

Very nice map and environment. The cold really adds up to the gameplay, giving you a new challenge: now camping with a sniper rifle from the top of a mountain isn't that easy, in example last night a guy was camping out there, after a while he has been forced to run up a fire to raise his temperature (prolly he finished the heat packs) .. and bang, he got smashed in like 2 minutes, giving out his position.

Eerything good so far... after Panthera, another "good" map on the scene. There's only one thing wrong: the cheaters. This is not map related, but they are really ruining everything here.. car spawned, teleporting, and all this shit totally ruins the immersion and after a while you just quit. This game could be so cool... but unfortunately there's no solution.

And that's why you don't play on official public server's :)

I refuse to play on them.

I only play on password protected private hives :)

I went on last night for a couple of hours and i really enjoyed the play, people were friendly, the 2 i met in the old hospital definatly were, helped me get some blood and we looked around together. good times :) but.. after playing i have some suggestions that i think would really help make the game better for us all, some are general dayz improvement suggestions but i think each one can be done in this mod/map and it would be a great tester i suppose.

ok. here are a couple i thought of last night.....

Guns Vs. Ammo

- I played last night for about 2 hours and in that time found 3 x akm's, 1x ak47, 1x lee enfield, 2x fal, 1x revolver, 4x makarovs, 1x m14 aim and all of them had plenty of ammo, 2/3 clips of each. personally i think that is a little too much firepower for the time played.

Suggestion

- Leave the number of guns alone, plenty of guns are fine but reduce the ammo count, make it so guns spawn with no ammo or 1 clip.

Reasoning

- Having plenty of ammo available means that you can use it up without much worry of running out there is always going to be some round the corner, just like in real life you have a limited number of bullets and if the dayz situation became a reality bullets would become more and more rare. If you had a limited ammo count it would suggest to players that just firing willy nilly is not the best thing to do, what it would also help do is limit the amount of KOS situations many of us are facing. I believe that it will really make you think twice about shooting an unnecessary target, who is going to shoot a new spawn with nothing if its going to cost you the only clip you have left? some people would still go for the KOS mentality for sure but i believe that it would really help in reducing that mentality.

Backpacks

- This is another thought i had yesterday when i found some a coyote pack and found a couple guns.

Suggestion

- Make backpacks that contain 10 slots or more ultra ultra rare

Reasoning

- Having smaller backpacks would have a number of different effects to the way the game is played, firstly you cant carry everything you need and be a 1 man army, no longer can you stash away 2 guns in the coyote pack and have a gun for each occasion you come across. This will put a stronger push on the teamwork element and working together to carry a larger number of items. Choosing to keep the akm in your hand or the pickup the m24 on the floor is actually going to be a decision your going to have to think about, it would introduce roles withing teams as well as stopping players hording guns in which they will die having never been used.. also leaves something for the rest of us :)

Animals

- I thought of this idea when i came across a fat pig just sat in the forest waiting to be shot.

Suggestion

- Make smaller animals the majority on the map and the larger animals very rare

Reasoning

- How easy is it in reality to find a cow, shoot it, grab more meat than a 3rd world country could eat and scoot off never to need anything for days.. answer? pretty easy. If rabbits for example were the dominant animal on the map it would introduce a need to actually 'hunt' and by hunt i don't mean just shooting that pig which cant run away at more than 1/2 mph because its eaten too many truffles what i mean is you would have to be quiet and stealthy to get that rabbit kill because otherwise it will run off and you loose your food. It would also have a positive effect on teamwork, go out with your pals hunting a couple rabbits just so you have enough food for the day.. sound good? does to me..

Zombies

- This is something i thought of when i stumbled across a heli crash, i didnt know it was one at first so really scared me to think that zombies spawned in the middle of some trees with nothing around!

Suggestion

- Put loot (tin cans, JD bottles, whatever) in and amongst trees/forests so zombies can spawn.

Reasoning

- You are never safe! It makes it so you cant just run into forests knowing that the only threat is a player wondering past. I do feel that some of the immersion and atmosphere is lost sometimes when i know i can just run through the trees knowing that i will never ever run into a zombie.

These are all ideas i really believe will help move dayz forward, normally im not one to put suggestions forward but i see an opportunity here to actually (if i've presented them well enough) get the ideas working within this mod fairly quickly.

Of cause these are open to debate as im sure some will disagree and agree but as a collective maybe some good will come of the ideas.

• Like 1

I'm going to Stickie this Topic.

It is the first time we have had the creator of an Island present his work to the community.

Nothing apart from feedback on the build itself, "no,,, game is ruined by hackers or anything of the sort".

Let us help make it a Better World to Play In.

Thats all.

• Like 2

Well, i Downloaded namalsk today, And its pretty good, But i found couple of weird items, Server was just restarted, and i was only one in there, I got to Object All, and i found Warm Clothes in there, that didin't work, And second weird thing was Broken NV? found them in a tower, they had exacly same model as a Binoculars, but they didint work and had a red NO sign on them, Does anyone have idea what do i do with them? can i fix them or?