Pvt. James Duke

Lock-On Rocket Launchers

I would like to see guided-rockets in DayZ, my reasons being the military pulling out to escape the zombies couldn't have taken every thing. So any one who found this very rare drop could take down a Huey or a fast moving car. To counter this you could add a few more chopper spawns,and chaft and other lock on counter measures. At the moment to take down choppers it takes high-powered anti-material rifles or volley firing from machine guns.

Yes, because an atypical civilian can operate a stinger with no prior training. GeeGee

Um... Most of the Army equipment has a "So Easy The Army Can Do It" pictures on the operations of the weapons systems. In three minutes most people could fire a LAW tube or a Stinger.

• Like 2

Yes but those signs are designed for people with some kind of military training, not for any ole joe.

Edited by The_Weapon1

Trial and error works every time. It's not like every DayZ player would know how to operate it properly inside arma anyway, so it's all realistic and shit.

Agreed on the suggestion, I think it was the first thing I suggested when I joined these forums.... those damn helicopters think they're immune with their m240's.

Laser gunz. I ain't even happy until then... flashlight charged forcefields may subdue me somewhat though.

• Like 2

Laser gunz. I ain't even happy until then... flashlight charged forcefields may subdue me somewhat though.

Follows Het with flashlight..

• Like 1

I would like to see guided-rockets in DayZ, my reasons being the military pulling out to escape the zombies couldn't have taken every thing. So any one who found this very rare drop could take down a Huey or a fast moving car. To counter this you could add a few more chopper spawns,and chaft and other lock on counter measures. At the moment to take down choppers it takes high-powered anti-material rifles or volley firing from machine guns.

worst idea i have heard in a while choppers are supposed to be rare and the hueys present dont have chaft or counter measures. not to mention one hit from the AS50 will send it down to the ground like a giant metal potato.

the current rocket launcher can be used against helicopters. if they auto-hover you can kill it (even though shoting the rear-rotor and watching the heli spinning to the ground is way more fun) and if they helicopter is on the move. you dont need to shot it because most people cant hit anything with that thing moving. so it is not a big threat to you. if you add lockable rocket launchers people will start KoS helis instead of hiding. IT IS MEANT TO BE POWERFULL

Yes, because an atypical civilian can operate a stinger with no prior training. GeeGee

That was win. Beans for you

To the OP, you wan't stingers? Go play vanilla arma. I don't see how this suggestion makes the mod better in any way I'm sorry

Edited by Faceman Peck

Do we really need missiles against zombies???

Trial and error works every time. It's not like every DayZ player would know how to operate it properly inside arma anyway, so it's all realistic and shit.

Agreed on the suggestion, I think it was the first thing I suggested when I joined these forums.... those damn helicopters think they're immune with their m240's.

Yes, but in this case errors with deadly weapons almost always end with the death of the user... And i remember someone shooting down a helo with 1 makarov shot.

Edited by Enforcer

At the moment to take down choppers it takes high-powered anti-material rifles or volley firing from machine guns.

And now it will take high-powered stingers. So what?

• Like 1

Why would the military have left behind lock-on rocket launchers when fighting infected humans?

Why would the military have left behind lock-on rocket launchers when fighting infected humans?

Zombies driving tanks bro

• Like 7

WTF my Czech backpack ate my Javelin launcher and missile a-effing-gain.

• Like 1

Um... Most of the Army equipment has a "So Easy The Army Can Do It" pictures on the operations of the weapons systems. In three minutes most people could fire a LAW tube or a Stinger.

I'll bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in your pockets that that if I handed you a "LAW tube" and stood back with a stopwatch...No. Just no.

I've never fired a Javelin, Stinger or TOW for real, but I have seen trained soldiers fuck up firing M72 LAW's and the Carl Gustav. While it's not particularly complex, it isn't as easy as you might think either. And I can't recall any handy little pictures on military equipment telling me how to use it.

None of which really matters in a game, however I think that finding a way to use the tools that you have more effectively is a better challenge than using a bigger tool. YMMV.

WTF my Czech backpack ate my Javelin launcher and missile a-effing-gain.

Some / a lot would choose the javelin missiles in a backpack over food and water...

Edited by Enforcer

I think the general consensus is that DayZ needs less high-tier military-grade weapons, and more typical weapons you'd expect to find in rural areas and that. Not only that, but the current missile launcher in the game takes up too many spots to really bother picking up.

Yes but those signs are designed for people with some kind of military training, not for any ole joe.

well the survivor in dayz is the pmc carractor and they all have tac gear on so imo i think this is ok

during ww2 civilians quickly learned how to fire the panzerfaust because of the written manual on it

just no. stingers, javelins and LAW rockets would just make the pvp crisis worse. aswell as snipers we would have bloody rocket spammers blowing every chopper out of the sky.

• Like 1

well the survivor in dayz is the pmc carractor and they all have tac gear on so imo i think this is ok

during ww2 civilians quickly learned how to fire the panzerfaust because of the written manual on it

Don't assume that everyone has the kind of military training the average MW player has....

While it may be easy i doubt many have successfully engaged tanks with the panzerfaust let alone get close enough to do so without proper infantry training beforehand. You can get every boon fire a smg in minutes, training someone in a more sophisticated weapon like a long range scoped rifle is a different thing.

If it was to be implemented i would consider implementing counter-measures on the helis and have a 47% chance of actauly hitting the helicopter to even the chances out surviving a Stinger/Igla launch

just no. stingers, javelins and LAW rockets would just make the pvp crisis worse. aswell as snipers we would have bloody rocket spammers blowing every chopper out of the sky.

Forget the choppers.

People would be firing these things at players, into buildings they knew players were, at vehicles, and anything else that would cause maximum grief.

I love how dudes think they can just look at some pictures or even read some instructions and know how to use these things. Yeah you'll figure out how to point it and fire it. That's a FAR cry from operating it with out harming yourself, those around you, hitting a moving target, or even hitting a stationary target.

It's already so sad how any idiot can pick up these highly sophisticated long range, high caliber, weapons and shoot them like it's a BB gun with a scope on it. Now we should throw in rocket launchers?

NO

Enough with the elite military weapons laying all over and stupid easy to use!

No, what you want to play is a game called ARMA 2.

I have a surprise for you.... it's installed on your computer right now!!!!