DZR_Mikhail

Perma-identity. Nickname is permanent. Nickname as face. Cover face - conceal nickname.

What do you think about this?  

1. 1. What do you think about this?

• Bullshit. Hope it never gets into DayZ standalone.
    • Not very good.
    • Can't decide. Seems ok and doubtful at the same time.
    • I like it.
    • Definitely a must have for DayZ standalone.

No, this is the problem with current humanity/skin system. The fact that you seem to think the only reason to give blood is for some spEciAl l33t skin tells me that you are more of a temperamental kind of player. You should give blood because YOU want to give blood, not to achieve some stupid skin.

I wasn't making a fact about the way it looks, that's personal preference. I made a point to where visually from a distance people already know they can trust me because of how the skin is obtained.

If you have morals then it does matter. Again, you have ask yourself should I kill this player or should I help him? Weigh the risk/reward. Don't throw all your ethical decisions out the window just because you won't "recognized" for it anymore.

It all boils down to the fact that it's a game. I play the game to have fun and operate within the mechanics. Ethics and morality only come into question when there are consequences and rewards on the line. No reward/penalty = Who gives a fuck? Kill him, it won't hinder me for real or in-game.

OP already addressed this issue by saying you have 2 days after creating profile until anything is permanent.

Doesn't change the fact that you still can't change your name whenever you want. It's Anti-consumer with the restriction of basic gameplay customization.

A nicely presented suggestion for once, but Im afraid Im atleast partly against it. No matter if the player nametag would appear in a much shorter distance if your prone or in shadow etc. If you only take a fast glimpse at a direction, you could still miss the person if he was standing 10 meters away from you in the sunlight. Theres a possibility that this wont happen because the computer would tell you that theres an enemy. This is just wrong and battles the aforementioned authenticity. Also, a good guy might want to stay as The Mysterious Stranger (no covered face, no permanickname) whilst not covering his face and thus presenting himself as a hostile to others.

Though I do agree that we need more different things to cover our faces with, or to begin with, different kinds of outfits with maybe the kinds of the hero skin (a semi-civilian and a little improvised looking, still neat skin..maybe with a hint more of survivor looks, read: beards and a shaving mechanic soon?) for the goodies and then the ghillie-specops-pilot-guerilla etc. skins for the ones interested with (para)military looks. The point is, variety would make the social interactions feel more unique. Glad to see that SA is gonna get this covered, and humanity will just be a bad memory.

holy moly! there are so many things in the game which are in fact not as IRL! you know that right?! so your argument is completely invalid!

holy moly ! so we want to add some more things that are not realistic ? wake up man <_<

Of course you will be able to disable these nameplates completely if you like. We discussed it already. Obligatory option to disable showing of permanick for the streamers and anyone who doesn't need it.

I can't see ability to change my skin color, I don't see ability to have only three head shapes, only one height, only one physical shape in real life. Or do you have special ability?

I already explained it all. Many times. Long time ago :) Welcome newcomers.... Please, read the first post through.

In short

There are TWO problems.

They are killing DayZ

I'm solving them - you're not. Skin, glasses, beard, skin color? Will a character still be unique? Among 1,500,000 players?

If DayZ will require passing a biometrical examination, so that developers recreate YOUR EXACT BODY in the game then the problems are solved. So if you are a skinny student, with pale skin, thin muscles, asthma, low height, pale skin and bad vision and wearing glasses - SO YOU'LL BE this very weak and not very bad-ass character. Anyone wil be unique.

(dont want to make forum page long)

No offense , but I was talking about the nameplates and ability to identify person by his certain characteristics now and not seeing a problem with actual identification . Also you are not playing with 1,500,000 other players . If you play on same server there will be like 3/4 of "loyal customers" .I did not see someone changing his appearance yet for any reason and I play DayZ for over half year . I am not having problems of identyfing the person by his look(ofc when I saw them before) when playing on one server .

Another thing is , I would welcome something what you mentioned before = enriching the options to personalize your character (atleast slight bit of more customization would bring me happyness for a year) , but I am afraid of trolls . So I wasnt actualy declining your suggestion entirely .

So shorter , I personally say :

nameplates : NO

better character customization : OK ,

Edited by Jakub-SK

Also, a good guy might want to stay as The Mysterious Stranger (no covered face, no permanickname) whilst not covering his face and thus presenting himself as a hostile to others.

When you came to any multiplayer game, especially MMO, you try to socialize with people as you do in real life. Your instinctive social skills just exist, because you were grown up by humans, no wolves. So, you apply your social experience in the game, and expect an adequate result.

So, the social interaction is based at least on the facts, that in REAL LIFE:

• Every person has a quite unique face
  • quite unique body\aapearance
  • a real name
  • a unique voice

Exactly the same experience you expect from DayZ, but in DayZ social aspects are ruined by the facts that:

1. Every person has no face (one for all)
  2. one body for all
  3. changeable name at any given moment
  4. voice is used in teamplay out of ingame VOIP

So, you come to the MMO to get trigger happiness or socialize... The first one is at top performance now, but socizlizing needs out of the game collaboration. And when it comes to PROBLEMATIC social aspects, everyone expects it to be solved as in real life. So, if a person is ASOCIAL (kills, rapes, robs etc.) his appearence is searched by police in the street, his name is on the list too, his unique body features detailed.. when he is found - he is either gets in jail or terminated (depending on the state you live in).

Yes, this is truth and reality. BUT. A bandit can be very skillful, he can wear a mask and show nothing unique. So no one knows who it was and how to find him. Mostly bandits get away without any consequence.

THIS IS THE CHOICE I SUGGEST TO YOU. THat's a real life choice guyz.

And what you suggest deprives everyone of his personality when he needs it, and you allow a stupid computer system to judge your actions, while in real life it's the PEOPLE who jusdge and punish, not some machines. Why you don't see this?

You want to be anonymous? Act as in real life. How? Cover your face. Wear sunglasses. A balaclava. Don't hang around with people too much at close distance.

Expect them to get suspicuous. Hmm, a stranger, face is covered, walks at distance, looking for something, I'd better shoot him.. .bandits act like this mostly. Good people haver nothing to hide.

Some bandits hide in the crowd of sheep on the contrary. Thye never cover face, act as good people, gain trust and cause bigger harm and have a huger reward for their crime. But they risk being deanonymised visually or other way.

Even this choice my system gives.

But do you think all bandits hide and want to stay unknown? No! Big, great and most powerful bandits never hide. They show themselves and afraid nothing. So wehn someone sees his face\name he runs for his life without looking back. Such bandit can cause server to get empty without a single shot. But HOW?!! Because hi permanick is known and the word is spread, that Jakub-SK is ruthless and professional killer, who can kick dead 10 players with his finely tuned legendary AK47.

EVEN this coice is given by my system. But if name can be changed? Simple, I go to server, change my name to Jakub-SK and act like an idiot or defame you. Easy.

Want to play hero, not as bandit as above? No problem!

You will be known. People will be liking you. WIll feel safe with you. But bandits whom you spoiled something will be hunting for you head. So may be you'd better act with a mask on, as special forces, that do good but don't want bandits know their faces or names. May be you're exactly such mysterious unknown hero without face and name.

May be youre badass enough to not fear the bandits and revenge and your principles are to always act by your name.

My system gives this every scial possibility you name, but ask to sacrifice a tiny concept, that you character face is equal to your permausrename...

While you suggest to steal this awesome choice from the others, because you can't sacrifice a bit of visual unrealism and implement my advanced nametags... Present system fit well for you and you're fine, you don't care about others. How they survive and want to play. Present system is BLACK & WHITE. You're either BAD or GOOD. And can you tell for sure that this guy with a rag on his head is a bad guy? Can you imagine he killed a gang of bandits on the shore who ambushed him? He may also killed his friend by accident. Is he bad because of this? Life is not just BAD or HERO... It's twilight spooky picture of intricate situations, which no computer can percieve. Only humans really know and can symapthise or judge what another person deserves in any particular case... But you resist and reject it, you want a cold machine to judge you, because you found out how to get top humanity and bad-ass outfits. But heroes are not who wear cool outfits.. they are people, who care for other people.

Well, I hope I'm wrong about you and you just didn't get the point of my suggestion. I cannot sound more convincing. So if you are not getting my concept I'll end the dialogue. No offence, I respect your point of view. We both have right to be wrong and change our minds. No conflict. I did all what I could to show you the pros and cons. You decide what outweighs for you.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 4

perma-identity could get rid of all humanity-malfunctioning-systems. after some time ppl will know this guy and that guy. good and bad things would come to the "right" ppl just by spreading the word..

++++++++100000++++++++

Leider können Sie mich nicht verstehen, aber trotzdem bin ich sicher, dass das ausgezeichnet ist!!!

Das muss sein!!!

It is great. It must be.

Edited by Grobman

++++++++100000++++++++

Leider können Sie mich nicht verstehen, aber trotzdem bin ich sicher, dass das ausgezeichnet ist!!!

Das muss sein!!!

It is great. It must be.

sehr sehr brav

I don't want to be stuck with one name. That alone make this idea beyond terrible in my opinion.

I don't want to be stuck with one name. That alone make this idea beyond terrible in my opinion.

because..?

Not meant to be rude, but sometimes DayZ is not about what you want and what makes you comfortable. It's not meant to please players at all. The idea is to evoke proper authentic situations and thinking. Here are the problems involving anonymity and broken humanity system which lead to non-authentic antisocial gameplay, and here is the solution, which solves problems though inflict a few new rules to your gameplay. Nad it's not necessarily ONE username. I understand your point and we dicsueed it already many times in this thread. My solution gives much more choice and freedom, but ONE username restricts it a bit. There are ways to balance it. For example you can play on lower level difficulty servers where nicknames cn be changed once per 3 months, ehilr high level server character's names are never changed. Other good solution is to have 3 character slot, so you can choose carefully among 3 personalities with three different unchangeable names without revealing your "root" username.

Solutions are numeorous. This is just a matter of balancing and besically a trifle. The most important thing is that the problems outlined in the first post are getting solved.

• Like 1

because..?

Because people like the switch things up. What if more than one person would like to have the name Jimmy Rustles? Only one could be the true Jimmy Rustles. Many poor souls would be forced to take inferior names, like Jimmeh Rustles or Jimmee Rustles, or God forbid, J1mmy Rustl3s.

I don't swap names at random, but in some cases it is necessary. I also like naming myself whatever I choose without having to add numbers to the end or change the spelling.

I don't mind some form of easily accessed player identifier but I wouldn't like it to be the screen name.

I see what you're getting at.

Still, I think the benefits of unique ID outweigh any potential drawbacks.

What makes it necessary to change your screen name? I'm always me.

What makes it necessary to change your screen name? I'm always me.

I was going as "Rainbow Dash" or "Goose", with the forum name "Gews", but BalotaBuddies requires that one's in-game name match the name on their forum and in their Teamspeak, so a change to "Gews" was necessary.

Overly specific situation? Yes :lol: but still...

Fuck... what if someone steals my name and i cannot be Hetstaine. I'm looking at you Gews o_0

We have a problem.

Fuck... what if someone steals my name and i cannot be Hetstaine. I'm looking at you Gews o_0

We have a problem.

I'm looking at you, Gews.

Well, I would be looking at you, Gews, if you stole my name... :emptycan:

We have a problem.

Well then you'll just have to be Mustfield.

EDIT: You've got me worried now.

What happens if we miss the first batch of Keycodes?

i don't want to be Ch4b0wsk1. :(

Edited by Chabowski

I mentioned this in a similar thread - instead of having a single name that is unique to you GUID, have the players select a surname that is unique to their GUID. This satisfies the need for a perminent, persistant form of identification and frees up the players to change their first name as often as they like. You could also identify "familys" or clans by their last name.

Eg: Hetstaine Steaklover (Steaklover would be your perminent ID)

For me this would be the best compromise. It has the benifit of letting players have the whatever first name they want (players can also have the same first name), as well as addressing my pet annoyance which is the unavoidable fact that we reincarnate every time we die - It gives a reason (in game) why we act so simular to our previous character, because we are relatives/decendants rather than reincarnations.

Edited by Hoik

I mentioned this in a similar thread - instead of having a single name that is unique to you GUID, have the players select a surname that is unique to their GUID. This satisfies the need for a perminent, persistant form of identification and frees up the players to change their first name as often as they like. You could also identify "familys" or clans by their last name.

Eg: Hetstaine Steaklover (Steaklover would be your perminent ID)

For me this would be the best compromise. It has the benifit of letting players have the whatever first name they want (players can also have the same first name), as well as addressing my pet annoyance which is the unavoidable fact that we reincarnate every time we die - It gives a reason (in game) why we act so simular to our previous character, because we are relatives/decendants rather than reincarnations.

Hey! Check this out! Look, a good suggestion. Definitely one more way to tune things up and leave anonymity behind. I can't really tell what will be the final form for perma-identity, but the CORE PRINCIPLE of my idea must be preserved - way to PRECISELY identify player among others and inability to fake you identity at technical level.

I can't really tell what will be the final form for perma-identity, but the CORE PRINCIPLE of my idea must be preserved - way to PRECISELY identify player among others and inability to fake you identity at technical level.

I agree with the core principle.

With binoculars I should be allowed to read the people "nickname/face" even if they are farer than 10 meters?

Edited by NormanVauxhall

With binoculars I should be allowed to read the people "nickname/face" even if they are farer than 10 meters?

Of course. Optics magnification and all other zooming increase the name visibility.

• Like 2

what if if you are known by many people then you become a legend and people who have met people who know you will recognize you

EDIT: and you can also tell people about people that you have met (their name what they look like are they good or not can they be trusted) it can only be done while walking or standing

Edited by HashSlingingSlasher192
  • Like 1

I'll hope this idea will be implemented in Standalone. Клёвая идея чувак, могёшь! Думаю Рокет точно одобрит.

This is a fantastic idea. Those who are strictly against it really have no legitimate reason for doing so.

If you were going to be a bandit and KoS, your Id is safe regardless.

If you were going to be friendly and then backstab them at a later point, they'd already have your name through it popping up during VOIP or typing in channel.

-

I'm in favor of this idea, but I would go one up: if you kill a person wearing a mask, you should be able to remove his mask and find out his identity.

If I was to survive being attacked by an clown wearing a mask, I should be able to avoid the 'friendly' backstab approach by the same snake.

• Like 1