DZR_Mikhail

Perma-identity. Nickname is permanent. Nickname as face. Cover face - conceal nickname.

What do you think about this?  

1. 1. What do you think about this?

• Bullshit. Hope it never gets into DayZ standalone.
    • Not very good.
    • Can't decide. Seems ok and doubtful at the same time.
    • I like it.
    • Definitely a must have for DayZ standalone.

I like the idea of permanent names because it means other players can be kept track of, I can learn who to trust if I continuously meet the same people.

It also means that youtubers and devs alike can hide their identity by wearing these masks.

Players should still, IMO be able to customise their appearance though.

I like the idea of seeing a familiar player that I don't neccesarily have any outside contact with.

Then having some idle chat, maybe he's on the trail of a major bandit round up a bit of a posse and make that SOB pay for campfire story crimes of the DayZ.

I like that this idea makes hiding your face a logical choice the player has to make rather than a requirement. It's a very good idea, which is obvious since OP was in October of 2012, lol.

But seriously. Permanent names, a must have. The player should get one and only one chance to name their character, which will be attached to the CD key. Changing it should be impossible. It would be very nice to see some accountability on the side of player ID, that way some asshat named "Dan" can't just betray you for your helicopter and disappear forever. I want to be able to hunt down my nemeses.

i make new system for fun, is join some medic clan and make pretend i am true carebear hero medic guy but after make stealth kill on this guys :thumbsup: :ph34r:

is great system for me and i make one great movie for show this story ;)

but is need for me change name, without this is no way for spy and make infiltrate on some clans :o

so i like idea for some reason like make guy responsible for action :thumbsup:  but not for stop guys make spy game and secret murder time :rolleyes:

i make new system for fun, is join some medic clan and make pretend i am true carebear hero medic guy but after make stealth kill on this guys :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

is great system for me and i make one great movie for show this story ;)

but is need for me change name, without this is no way for spy and make infiltrate on some clans :o

so i like idea for some reason like make guy responsible for action :thumbsup:  but not for stop guys make spy game and secret murder time :rolleyes:

You can't do this in real life. That's why my system stops you. Because you can't realistically BE ANONYMOUS and INFILTRATE BY TRUST :) A good spy is the one, which noone remembers the face of. Act fast, act precise, leave no trail. But if you plan A HUGE DIVERSION... it requires certain fame to sacrifice. You either get infamous after or be of good reputation before. Huge deed, huge price.

You can't do this in real life. That's why my system stops you. Because you can't realistically BE ANONYMOUS and INFILTRATE BY TRUST :) A good spy is the one, which noone remembers the face of. Act fast, act precise, leave no trail. But if you plan A HUGE DIVERSION... it requires certain fame to sacrifice. You either get infamous after or be of good reputation before. Huge deed, huge price.

in real life spy make fake ID and change name

i don't say nothing for change face but is true good idea make possible for grow beard change hair or put mask but keep face always same like first one

Edited by KoS

Thing is... what is a name really? If i tell you to call be Bonnie, you will know me as Bonnie and that's it. We use fingerprints (and to a lesser degree DNA) in the real world for a reason, because faces are simply not enough to recognise a person accurately.

But you won't have a fingerprint record in DayZ or any means to perfectly ID anyone, so i'm not convinced of how authentic a permanent rap sheet would be.

Especially if you consider that some players change their playstyle every now and then.

Also on a completely personal level, i don't think this game should give a break to the weaks (of mind).

I appreciate the time and work that went into this concept, but I must disagree.

My main qualm with this mechanic is that it punishes the player too much and over complicates the game world. I know DayZ is a tough game and isn't meant for the casual player. However, a game can only be so realistic till it reaches the point where it's either not fun anymore or its medium cannot accurately portray reality to the required degree.

Some parts of the idea I do like, but the original concept is taking it too far in my opinion.

Sounds alright, But what happens to all the people who stream the game when their names are found out.:/

Sounds alright, But what happens to all the people who stream the game when their names are found out.:/

Nothing.

E: 600th and maybe my most useless post.

Edited by narkoman14

All the beans from around the world to this guy !!!

:beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Yes sir, good find. I know it can get frustrating with inability to change some stupid name. With this feature being truly hardcore and me liking it a lot, I'm honest and cannot ignore this can grow a bigger problem. Permanent name for 3 months - sounds sane. But I'd increase it to 6 months! That would be both still very effective + hardcore and not that frustrating for the ones who desperately need to change name.

Agreed. +1

How about going a step further? Clicking someone's name ingame display their national identity card, passport or driving license (whichever they have) along with their current home adress, and ip adress. Obviously getting a dayZ license would require to submit to a background check, identity papers and a proof of domiciliation to the dayZ staff.</sarcasm>

• Like 1

How about going a step further? Clicking someone's name ingame display their national identity card, passport or driving license (whichever they have) along with their current home adress, and ip adress. Obviously getting a dayZ license would require to submit to a background check, identity papers and a proof of domiciliation to the dayZ staff.</sarcasm>

I don't get it, permanent name is hardly invasive at all.

hunted down and shot or annoyed like always sadly

hunted down and shot or annoyed like always sadly

I think when putting anything over face when spawning should also hide all of server info.

This could be done from spawn with a quick top over head.

You should read my "hotfixes" section in the first post more attentively. Most of the issues\drawbacks are solved there.

• Problem: Exposing identity will attract griefers and abusers, allowing them to follow you on servers and track you down.
  • Soultion (under the spoiler)

Method 1. Persuasion.

I can't understand how they can use it? They know your name, so what? How can they track you down in Chernarus easily? Describe the howto. Can you reproduce the possible actions of a troll or griefer to do something to you?

As far as I can gueess, to track Oldy1Kenobi in DayZ a troll\griefer\small\sh1t:

• Must check thousands of servers and check every playerlist to find your nickname. It's easy, some hour or two browsing the servers.
  • WHEN\IF he finds you on some server, he logs in and rubs his hands. Easy. 2-5 minutes approximately.
  • He then he thoroughly checks all the 225 square kilometers of Chernarus to find you. It's easy, just run for 9 hours checking the land with Thermal Scope (Chernarus is 15x15km. 5 kmPerHour. 15km \ 5kmh = 3 hours each. 3 hours * 3 hours = 9 hours).
  • At last! He finds a survivor! Now he must politely ask this survivor to come up at the distance when his nickname will get visible to him. If it's Oldy1Kenobi. BINGO! Kill the survivor. If not... Apologize and continue the search.
  • If he encounters a survivor in balaclava or headwrap and his nickname is invisble, he must politely an carefully ask a survivor to remove the disguise and reveal his nickname. Be sure you reveal yours first. Piece a cake!
!!! WARNING !!! IMPORTANT NOTES TO TROLL\GRIEFER !!! WARNING !!!
  • Check playerlist every 20 minutes, to be sure your target hasn't left the server.
  • Be aware of the fact, that Oldy1Kenobi may have already walked to the place you already checked. So go back and doublecheck often. (9 hours * 2 = 18 hours)
  • Be aware that thermal imaging is blocked by trees and hills.
  • Be cautious, because you can be shot by randomly encountered bandits, especially when you be thoroughly checking Sobor, Cherno, Electro, Berezino, Krasnostav, Airfields, Komarovo, Solnichniy, Mogilevka etc.
  • Be sure that you have enough ingame food and water for 9-18 hour long run.
  • Be sure that you have enough REAL food and water for 9-18 hour long play.
  • Be sure you have plenty of ammunition for your automatic rifle, so that you don't stop running while being attacked by a horde of zombies.
I mean, seriously! You still not convinced it's not an issue?!

Method 2. Technical game changes.

We can disable playerlist in DayZ. But you're wise and you say someone can be sneaky enough to query gametracker or check PlayWithSix or dayzcommander and still get the server playerlist?

Fair enough.

Solution: We make your real nickname only available in DayZ database. It is tied to your character upon respawn based on your UID. In servers playerlist poeple will only see your profile username, not you global unique DayZ nickname. Go to your profile, change it whenever you want, and you're safe. Your INGAME nickname is only shown INGAME.

Bulletproof! Aren't you convinced?

Another hotfix

run4way wrote

"Good idea. Could find only one cons - if nickface will be permanent, glory hunters will pursue streamers."

Wow, good point, didn't think about it, but why is it a CONStreamer is a live TV journalist, who is broadcasting events from the world to media in realtime. They are always persued this way or that. It's their choice, their life. They are public personalities. Everyone knows their faces, names and can contact them. Choosing a path of a streamer will lead you to this very public exposure. I see no problem here. ONly a better simulation and authenticity. Thsi is very cool! Of course if half a country knows that you're standing at some street talking something and half a country can watch it live.... Well, haven't you seen some jokers jump in the camera view to make faces? Same here, but the jokers are armed. Seriously, it's aint a peaceful place with police around and civic glamour events. It's a wild freaking apocalypse and you run with camera broadcasting your location to thousands of crazy killers around you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you nuts?!!!!!! Get yourself a gun and run for cover you fool!

• Like 1

You should read my "hotfixes" section in the first post more attentively. Most of the issues\drawbacks are solved there.

Another hotfix

Do you even play this game? People get stream sniped all the time already. For what i can see with the huge mess you have made in the opening post, you already made up your mind so there is no debate to be had really.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Do you even play this game? People get stream sniped all the time already. For what i can see with the huge mess you have made in the opening post, you already made up your mind so there is no debate to be had really.

That's exactly what I meant. People already get stream sniped and my suggestions don't influence this fact in any negative way. That's it. My suggestion does not relate to stream sniping.

There is always point to debate if you have something constructive to say. I'm open to critics and improvements because I care only for good, useful and well-thought suggestion.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 2

Shut up.

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here:

CU soon:)

Well done :)