thekaing

DayZ Update 1.5.5

I'm onto you guys' date=' so I switched the spawns a bit to keep things fresh :P It takes a while now to load all the vehicles (so many servers), so I was only able to get a handful of vehicles in. More will appear as the servers crash and restart.

[/quote']

That's not very nice. :( :(

Will try to confirm the tents as soon as possible. The small issue i got is... finding one ! :D

0,47 %

I'm onto you guys' date=' so I switched the spawns a bit to keep things fresh :P It takes a while now to load all the vehicles (so many servers), so I was only able to get a handful of vehicles in. More will appear as the servers crash and restart.

[/quote']

There's nothing to be 'on to'. We lost our Huey 3 or 4 times due to server restarts so we just want it back. :p Having us all leg it for 40 minutes to try and get to it before anyone else a couple of times a week is a rush to say the least.

Especially if the spawns get changed and someone else finds it first and we lose it after spending a week fixing it 3 times in between server restarts and actually flying it off at the 4th time of asking before losing it again. :(

[/quote']

There's nothing to be 'on to'. We lost our Huey 3 or 4 times due to server restarts so we just want it back. :p Having us all leg it for 40 minutes to try and get to it before anyone else a couple of times a week is a rush to say the least.

Especially if the spawns get changed and someone else finds it first and we lose it after spending a week fixing it 3 times in between server restarts and actually flying it off at the 4th time of asking before losing it again. :(

It'll not be perfect and isn't as it's Alpha Phase.

Find it again and know this time it passes a restart, but also remember to share the loot, other people like to try helicopters too.

If someone has the chopper will it respawn? or will it only spawn once the only chopper is destroyed?

There's more than one on each map IIRC. Nobody will share their helicopter, we have an emotional attachment to it if you'd seen what we went through to get it. :D

Obviously it's alpha, but this game has a unique ability to give you an attachment to items like I haven't seen since Eve Online first started.

New tents placed after 1.5.5, servers haven't gone down yet to see if it keeps or not, we'll be watching.

I'm concerned about loot and zombie spawning. Since the patch there's been times when absolutely nothing will show up in a region. No zombies to shoot, no loot to grab. At one point it became an issue of people coming close to starvation and those cans of beans starting to look murder worthy as no animals or other sources of food were available.

was the bandit-to-survivor-bug fixed too?

i think its when u go back from bandit to survivor u die and respawn in the ocean ...

had this with 1.5.4 and its quite a gamebreaker ;)

Yo rocket, good news, the tents seems now to work fine.

1. Got a tent

2. Place the tent

3. Place shit in the tent

4. Try the Save %1 thing

5. Clean restart EU7 server ( 40 players were angry about that )

6. Stuff inside still at the same place, no vanish

7. Profit !

So tents seems to work now. Congrats.

People on the server are confirming that vehicles don't save though. Even after a " Save %1 " they still vanish after a server restart.

Still, tents are now working and this is great.

So tents work now and stays in place after server restart. Great news, Gab!

What about the whole bandit/survivor switch bug?

Tents stay in place and the inventory stays in place after a clean shutdown. So it seems to work so far, i will test further tonight, too much players on the server atm.

What about the whole bandit/survivor switch bug?

According to a player, it seems to be fixed too.

Er, may I ask what a "clean" shut down actually entails, we have been given no info on how to manage these servers so I'm scraping together information where I can find it.

Vehicles had an ... errr... problem. But tents appear to be fine.

So do NOT trust vehicles for the moment.

But keep testing the tents.

So just wanted to comment on the survivor/bandit transition. When it happened to me it was seamless and instant, however I ended up only keeping my pistol, pistol ammo & bandages as well as my survival gear. I lost my main weapon, all the ammo, and my binocs. I had dropped my pack on the ground beforehand so not sure what would have happened to that. Just figured I would pass this on.

Erm, are the tents only saved on one server right? So that means if i place a Tent on EU1 i have to go back in EU1 for my tent?

Thats correct. they are local to the server. Otherwise, well. 16000 unique players would fill up the world pretty quick.

Thats correct. they are local to the server. Otherwise' date=' well. 16000 unique players would fill up the world pretty quick.

[/quote']

Sounds logic. Btw 16k players? That would be nice :D

I'm onto you guys' date=' so I switched the spawns a bit to keep things fresh :P

[/quote']

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Less predictable = more replayable

Thats correct. they are local to the server. Otherwise' date=' well. 16000 unique players would fill up the world pretty quick.

[/quote']

Sounds logic. Btw 16k players? That would be nice :D

Would be nice?! It is already past 16 thousand - up to 17+ now!

pop out of the forums, and check this:

http://dayzmod.com/index.php

MOST POPULAR ARMA MOD EVER!

(and ~30 days young?! WOO HOO!)

(btw, Email Re-Sent, I know you get so damn many Rocket - You should have all you need to set up the VETERANS-GAMING DayZ Server now - 8) )

Hi, Can we have a list of the features in the new update 1.5.5

Im sure this is the best place for them ;)

Incase you need it, yeah confirming vehicles are still bugged to some extent. It did not stay in place while i slept.

Also, i hid the vehicle way out in the middle of no where, near the edge of the map; will being this far out effect anything?...besides me shooting myself irl when i need to walk 25km while low on food.

Yep the vehicles were bugged, Found a huey, all green (apart from some windows) and a UAZ (all green) and a massive group of people, had a great couple of hours buzzing around everywhere, untill the server restarted :-(

Incase you need it' date=' yeah confirming vehicles are still bugged to some extent. It did not stay in place while i slept.

Also, i hid the vehicle way out in the middle of no where, near the edge of the map; will being this far out effect anything?...besides me shooting myself irl when i need to walk 25km while low on food.

[/quote']

This is correct, they seem to not save over restarts/crashes. I'm really loving the mod and I understand its an alpha, just sucks having to suicide at the edge of the map having fought tooth and nail for a chopper and hiding it up there.

[/quote']

Yes we need vehicles as soon as possible. There is many EU servers where is not a single vehicle atm :(

Game gets bit boring..