thekaing

DayZ Update 1.5.5

It seems like item spawns have become much sparser, i was on a sever and everybody else said they got it too. Another thing is that the server said there was zombies but they couldn't be found anywhere, well i saw some after being chased from a town by a player, and looking for him. Then i traveled for a bit, and out of nowhere 5 - 10 zombies came out of nowhere and killed me.

Tl;Dr- items and zombies aren't spawning right(i think), and zombies can teleport even more.

I think the spawning is server problem, after a server restart everything started spawning again and working properly

Incase you need it' date=' yeah confirming vehicles are still bugged to some extent. It did not stay in place while i slept.

Also, i hid the vehicle way out in the middle of no where, near the edge of the map; will being this far out effect anything?...besides me shooting myself irl when i need to walk 25km while low on food.

[/quote']

This is correct, they seem to not save over restarts/crashes. I'm really loving the mod and I understand its an alpha, just sucks having to suicide at the edge of the map having fought tooth and nail for a chopper and hiding it up there.

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with the vehicles. We got a hold of that chopper from you fuckers (Haha, get some) and hid it somewhere on the map, but by this morning it was gone along with the other vehicles we found. The fuck's going on?

Why suicide? You people should stop whining and accept the challenge! Whats more challenging then having to walk/run/whatever over the whole map, mostly alone, with loads of Z around cities, with limited amount of ammo/water/food, and no maps, gps or even compass? Hence, that's why its called Zombie Survival. Makes me think why you people play this at all. Because of helicopters and advantage over other players or because of challenge/fun/experience.

Sooo.. are we getting a proper list of changes on this new build? or are you guys just going to keep talking about choppers?

P.S. Choppers just kinda ruin the survival, i mean 1 chopper is fine, but itd have to be crappy and low on fuel.

What we need are bikes and civ cars (a very few amount, and make em crappy)

I never understood why people complain about how others like to play..... if they don't want to walk across the map, who cares? they shouldn't have to anyway...they had a hidden chopper up there for a reason. Some people don't feel the need to walk for hours due to a bugged vehicle, others would enjoy it. to each their own.

I think that maybe rocket has stealth added an item culling system in the last two or three patches in an effort to address server instability, and that its glitching out along with zombieagent.sqf expected result and got 'any' instead errors.

If you want to look into something that could cause server instability, just visit a popular town's hospital after 10+ hours of being up, frigging mobius medsupply boxes, 16+ boxes spawned in the same place making a spirograph.

Incase you need it' date=' yeah confirming vehicles are still bugged to some extent. It did not stay in place while i slept.

Also, i hid the vehicle way out in the middle of no where, near the edge of the map; will being this far out effect anything?...besides me shooting myself irl when i need to walk 25km while low on food.

[/quote']

Were you playing on one of the European servers? I found a car in the middle of the woods on a hill, far north near the border of the map. It was pretty low on gas as well. I just took it for a spin southwest till it ran out of gas.

I wonder what secrets were hidden from us in the changelog of this magical patch.....

tricky rocket is tricky.

this game needs base building, cargo system (ability to store items into vehicles, move objects around and place, etc.) maybe a sleep system, gota have sleep to survive

this game needs base building' date=' cargo system (ability to store items into vehicles, move objects around and place, etc.) maybe a sleep system, gota have sleep to survive

[/quote']

You sleep when you disconnect for a couple of hours I guess.

Since 1.5.5 I've been having a LOT of trouble with loot and zombies.

A long story short-

Spawned south of Tulga - Ran from spawn to North West Airfield passing tonnes of barns and buildings on the way there -

No loot in any buildings apart from 1 barn had a winchester inside of it with 2 pellets and a slug round, and 1 jerry can along with some random tins of stuff (the usual things you find in a barn and it more or less had something on every spawn location inside this one barn)

Every other lootable building i ran past had nothing inside it and the zombie count was REALLY LOW - i ran through a few cities with only 3 or 4 zombies there - no other players were in those areas when i was running through.

Anyways - got to the Airfield and checked the 2 barracks and control tower - the only items i found were 1 Coyote Patrol Pack and an Assault Backpack, litrally every single item spawn location had NOTHING there.

So i logged out and logged back in ran away about 100 metres and checked for loot again - Road flares backpacks and tins were visable, but there were still lots of empty areas so i thought hmm mabye he changed it so items take like 10 mins to spawn in, so i ran to the edge of the Airfield sat there for ~40 minutes while i cooked some food and sat on facebook (while being logged in to the game ofcourse checking it occsionally to make sure i didn't de-sync). so after i finished i went back into the game and checked the barracks and control tower again -

Exactly the same items in exactly the same places but still nothing in the other spawn locations and the zombie count was incredibly! low, litrally the only zombies i came across were 4 inside the barracks, i looked down the airfield with binos the see if i could see any more zombies near the fire station or hangers, even ran down to the other barracks, no more zombies - no items apart from road flares, chemlights tin cans, backpacks and empty spaces...... Strange day.

Since 1.5.5 I've been having a LOT of trouble with loot and zombies.

A long story short-

This is actually a pretty common bug I find. I believe it is server side though (not the master server) cause it only happens to some servers but not all.

Basically, the zombies and loot don't respawn at all and sometimes the zombie count even goes down to 0, but it usually stays at around 100 I find. Very weird bug and I have no clue what causes it, but it seems to occur a lot on the US servers (NY/Dallas/US) but not too often on the EU ones. It may be because I don't play too often on the EU servers though.

This is actually a pretty common bug I find. I believe it is server side though (not the master server) cause it only happens to some servers but not all.

Basically' date=' the zombies and loot don't respawn at all and sometimes the zombie count even goes down to 0, but it usually stays at around 100 I find. Very weird bug and I have no clue what causes it, but it seems to occur a lot on the US servers (NY/Dallas/US) but not too often on the EU ones. It may be because I don't play too often on the EU servers though.

[/quote']

Happened in FR4 EU3 US3 US5 andd UK2 so far for me :(

Getting it really common now, getting quite tired of aborting - reconnecting trying to fix it - some cases it makes it worse so i just stay on the server now and help people out by running all over the place. luckily the hospitals seem to spawn items still but i keep getting extremely low on ammo since 15rnd pellets and slugs are the only type im finding, and ofcourse the occasional makarov

Exactly the same items in exactly the same places but still nothing in the other spawn locations and the zombie count was incredibly! low' date=' litrally the only zombies i came across were 4 inside the barracks, i looked down the airfield with binos the see if i could see any more zombies near the fire station or hangers, even ran down to the other barracks, no more zombies - no items apart from road flares, chemlights tin cans, backpacks and empty spaces...... Strange day.

[/quote']

Exactly, really hoping this gets fixed up quickly.

Reporting in that the Survivor to Bandit transition worked fine for me, then the Bandit to Survivor transition made me lose my primary weapon, along with primary slots inventory. Secondary weapon and secondary/tertiary slots (compass, map, etc) were unaffected, and my pack was safe, along with all of its contents.

I'd also like my M16A4 Acog back, if you don't mind, but I understand if it never happens.

Just put an AKS Kobra along with a pack and some other stuff, in a tent and relogged. Came back a minute later, everything but the weapon was in the tent, including it's ammo. With time and location being what they were there's about a 0 chance that somebody came along and only took the weapon and no other loot in that tent.

So it seems like tents aren't 100% just yet.

edit : Nevermind. After further testing tents are still broken. One just vanished with everything inside.

edit2 : It's very fucking strange. Sometimes tents stay, sometimes they vanish. I tested three times :

First try : Hunting Rifle + some ammos inside

Server restart

Still everything inside

Second try : new tent placed near the first one + M16A2 inside the new tent ( no ammo, just the weapon )

Server restart

Tent simply vanished

Third try : Makarov + some ammos inside

Server restart

Still everything inside

As you can see, something is wrong somewhere. Tents doesn't seems 100 % reliable.

It was me and i was living all the time.

The only tent that vanished was the SECOND one i placed. The first one seems fine and i didn't lost anything in it.