thekaing

DayZ Update 1.5.5

Are we meant to see ourselves on the map now? Also I can see a mate next to me on the map too (but noone else). Seems sort of cool but I'm worried that PK'ers will see you on the map and hunt you, as well as people who can't read maps get their hand held now, haha.

Show the devs some respect please. Making snarky bird simulator comments is childish and kind of a dick move. If you are having an issue' date=' concisely spell it out instead of acting like spoiled brats.

[/quote']

Nobody is being disrespectful to the devs or acting like spoiled brats (at least that I've seen). You can imagine how funny it would be to die one moment and then suddenly feel like you've been reincarnated as a bird. It's a bug, it wasn't designed by Rocket, which is why people are talking about it.

Bugs can be funny, lets not be over-sensitive (as Rocket obviously isn't).

I dont know anything about the "bird simulator" - it must be a product of the hack. If you still get it on other servers/after clicking respawn.

Check you have latest file versions then email dayzdevteam@gmail.com for them to delete your previous characters.

I'm not sure if it's a hack as much as it's a bug. Yesterday my friend died and he got stuck as a bird with a top down view. He said that this happens in regular ARMA or something' date=' and it must just be a bug (I don't know, I never played vanilla ARMA).

Screenshot:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/whit3knight9/screenshot/560940860682544137

[/quote']

Sounds more like fade to me.

Are we meant to see ourselves on the map now? Also I can see a mate next to me on the map too (but noone else). Seems sort of cool but I'm worried that PK'ers will see you on the map and hunt you' date=' as well as people who can't read maps get their hand held now, haha.

[/quote']

This is a server setting/difficulty setting, not a mod setting. And yes if a bandit ID's you you will show on his map for a while.

What's the new setup for loot? Gone through all of elektro and not a single tin can. Only saw 1 czech vest pack in the market. Hospital did have the med supplies though. Plenty of other players in the area for a bit that should have triggered spawns.

Yup, ignore the map thing - we just cleared it up with the admins. Thanks for the reply.

How common is the bird problem? I've spent so much time getting all my gear and trying not to die so I can keep it, so I'd rather not have to lose all of it again.

I know ArmA(and presumably ArmA 2) has an anti-piracy measure that randomly turns players into birds if they've got a pirated copy, so it sounds like maybe the mod is accidentally triggering that.

How common is the bird problem? I've spent so much time getting all my gear and trying not to die so I can keep it' date=' so I'd rather not have to lose all of it again.

I know ArmA(and presumably ArmA 2) has an anti-piracy measure that randomly turns players into birds if they've got a pirated copy, so it sounds like maybe the mod is accidentally triggering that.

[/quote']

Actually it sounds more like a pile of people tried to torrent Arma 2 to play the mod, "bird simulator" is classic flashpoint shorthand for "I triggered Fade because I'm a cheapass and i'm too stupid to know that I just told everyone".

Is there a change in the loot spawns? I've noticed a lot less loot spawning in and heard similar complaints across the board. Could possibly an issue on a specific server but just checking in case.

Actually it sounds more like a pile of people tried to torrent Arma 2 to play the mod' date=' "bird simulator" is classic flashpoint shorthand for "I triggered Fade because I'm a cheapass and i'm too stupid to know that I just told everyone".

[/quote']

That could be true. Of course, we're not going to get people admitting they pirated the game. The first few posts about it are from users who've been on the forums since April, so I'd assume they've been playing with legit copies for a while.

How common is the bird problem? I've spent so much time getting all my gear and trying not to die so I can keep it' date=' so I'd rather not have to lose all of it again.

[/quote']

Actually it sounds more like a pile of people tried to torrent Arma 2 to play the mod, "bird simulator" is classic flashpoint shorthand for "I triggered Fade because I'm a cheapass and i'm too stupid to know that I just told everyone".

No, my friend who got it didn't pirate the game, so that doesn't make sense.

I even supplied his steam with the bird picture, you can view his library and see that he owns it.

I was a bird two nights ago during 1.5.4. It happened after I died, and waited 30+ minutes to retrieve character data. Here is a screenshot of me being a bird. Sorry for the darkness. DEDB0956B0CF2823AFD9B3F26535BE0531E8049C

New caption:

ore like a pile of people tried to torrent Arma 2 to play the mod' date=' "bird simulator" is classic flashpoint shorthand for "I triggered Fade because I'm a cheapass and i'm too stupid to know that I just told everyone".

[/quote']

I thought FADE in Arma 2 was only a blurry/shaky cam

Guys - the "Bird Simulator" is because of a Hacker.

He has been banned at the Database and server level' date=' his GUID and account details are passed onto gamespy for the appropriate action.

Please keep this topic on patch 1.5.5

[/quote']

I'm just wondering I though gamespy didn't have anything to do with anti-cheat in any in games that say powered by gamespy, only supplying part of the network.

Looking forward to hearing what the other shit is when the devs have had some much needed rest...

Looking forward to hearing what the other shit is when the devs have had some much needed rest...

same...

explain more what a bird simulator is? birds attack you now?

It means that you're playing as a bird. It's a "spectate" mode for when the mission does not have respawn.

the bird thing happens quite often on the Arma Free servers, so I wouldn't be so sure it's FADE related

Relating "Vehicle managment". What does "Save 1%" mean?

Can you save vehicles manually now? Will they survive server restarts now?

Is the equipment saved properly now?

Yeah - my build notes were AWFUL. It took about six hours longer than expected. It was painful, tensions were running high, teamspeak was not a happy to place to be. Being the wall of my apartment or an item on my desk was not either.

Save %1 should be "save whatever", it allows you to manually force the save of an object (maybe). needs more testing.

Most updates will now occur during the week. Weekend will be left without any updates unless things are critical.

Focus now is on reducing the graphical glitches, confirming vehicle/tent saving (please report here). Once that is confirmed, add more vehicles (no update needed for that) test capacity. Then its probably more content, more tented camps and etc...

Really nice update. Had a friend desperately trying to login before the patch hit to pack up his tent, with no avail though.

Which vehicles are currently available ingame, and which aren't?

We had 3-4 guys scouting known helicopter spawn points for most of last night, across a multitude of servers, but with no results - so I'm assuming that (for the time being) they haven't been re-implemented?

I'm onto you guys, so I switched the spawns a bit to keep things fresh :P It takes a while now to load all the vehicles (so many servers), so I was only able to get a handful of vehicles in. More will appear as the servers crash and restart.