KatieKillz

Female DayZ players, lets talk and ask questions.

As the name suggests, I'm Katie, a female and avid gamer. Ladies, let's talk and I'll ask some questions to get the ball rolling. I'll go ahead and say this isn't a slight at men, nor do I really look at someones sex for someone who makes a better gamer than others. Statistics just say that there are more female gamers than ever before. That being said, let me get this going.

Girls:

• I personally appreciate the ability to choose a female character but I usually pick a male skin. Do you usually use the female skin?

*(Even though the camo clothing and guile suit do not work with the female character.)

• I've yet to run into any other females in DayZ, have you found any other female players?

• If people do find out you're a female, do you get griefed more? Are you treated differently? Do you have any horror stories or funny stories that have come out of it?(I have to the point of changing my in game name and talking on mic in any game tends to bring on a back lash or comments from at least one or more players 9 times out of 10.)

• What got you in to DayZ, do you play any other games? Do you find that you're treated differently that a female? If so, is it good or bad.

TO THE MEN:

• How do you feel about females playing DayZ or other games in general?
  • Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players?
  • Do you think girls can hold their own in games?
  • Does it scare you when a girl gets behind the wheel in a Ural? lol jokes.

Last but not least - TITS OR GET THE FUCK OUT! That's a JOKE, but I'm sure we've all heard it more than a few times. This isn't a girl power feminist war cry. Gaming has just been a large part of my life and has helped me though confidence issues and depression and I know it's had an impact on others in some form or another. Let's get the word out there, get more girls gaming, and kill some noobs!

Edited by KatieKillz
  • Like 10

You are asking the forums for it's feminist based part of the spectrum?

Statistical information may not be fully given here, but you may be lucky enough to get some followers.

...why am I even here?

*Set's the smoke down and slowly, and quietly... walks away from the computer*

but yes, more women/girls need to get their PC game on

Edited by merrfack

You are asking the forums for it's feminist based part of the spectrum?

Statistical information may not be fully given here, but you may be lucky enough to get some followers.

...why am I even here?

I don't have any "girl friends" away from computer or otherwise, so I'm curious how other females feel about certain issues in gaming. I don't want followers I just have questions. I know statistics are usually bullshit but I read somewhere earlier this year that it was like 40% of steam accounts now are female. I just have no idea where the fuck those girls are because I don't run into other females in games. Other than Team Fortress and even then we're pretty outnumbered. I'm a huge tomboy and this just came naturally for me, so what gets other girls in to gaming?

I ran into someone named Heather yesterday, literally. She was stalking my URAL with a Chopper and got a bit too close to the ground, so I rammed the URAL into her heli, killing her and severely wounding me.

Otherwise, I haven't met any female DayZ players.

• Like 2

My Lady plays, she is always asking when it is her turn. I shall tell her about this thread.

Also my 12 year old niece ,loves the game. She can only play it when she comes over for a visit. Then I hover over her to make sure she dose not encounter any of the "ruder" members of the DayZ community. So far so good. The players that she has met have all been very helpfull to her. Taking her into their protection and looking out for her.

Any other female characters that I have met in game have one thing common, alarmingly deep voices........

• Like 5

1.How i fell about female playing the game ?

i think it is great = More people to kill JK HERO 4 life

2.I help them buy giving them a gun and a ride

3.Mabye

4.If they drive carefully yes If they Drive Like There Raging I Love it

My Lady plays, she is always asking when it is her turn. I shall tell her about this thread.

Also my 12 year old niece ,loves the game. She can only play it when she comes over for a visit. Then I hover over her to make sure she dose not encounter any of the "ruder" members of the DayZ community. So far so good. The players that she has met have all been very helpfull to her. Taking her into their protection and looking out for her.

Any other female characters that I have met in game have one thing common, alarmingly deep voices........

....I have an unfortunately deep voice, not deep , man kinda deep, just not that typical female bubble kind of voice either. :blush: . You can't really choose your voice and I've taken a LOT of flack for it. But gaming for years certainly gives you a thick skin. I would love for your woman to give her input on these questions and I'm glad your niece is getting an early start on a healthy love of gaming and I commend you on your being watchful of other...less than scrupulous players. I myself am a bit of a sailor mouth, but I've heard some things come from younger players that are pretty horrendous that I'm sure their parents would be pretty shocked to hear.

How do you feel about females playing DayZ or other games in general?

I'm think they should return to kitchen.

Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players?

No way, cuz female skin != female player.

Do you think girls can hold their own in games?

May be, why not?

• Like 3

- How do you feel about females playing DayZ or other games in general?

I don't mind it. If they want to play then good for them. My girlfriend plays zombie games too, and I wanted to see if she would get into this. :)

- Do you go out of you way to help/kill suspected female players?

I treat them the same as any other player I meet.

- Do you think girls can hold their own in games?

I do. Sometimes I lose to my girlfriend. :P

I think it's great girls play games. Last time I checked, a law wasn't past forbidding any and all females that they couldn't sit down and relax with a good old video game every once in a while. Hell, they are usually pretty good at playing games too. Thing is, it kind of annoys me when they try to make it so pronounced. I am not trying to insult you at all, but the main reason I see for this thread is for you to proclaim that, "I'M A WOMAN AND I PLAY DAYZ Z0MG!11!"

*EDIT* Don't get me wrong, I can see someone being genuinely curious about this stuff, and I am not saying that proclaiming the fact that your a woman playing games is the reason behind this, it just seems like it would be :P

Edited by Excision

I know what you mean when it comes to finding female gamers, but there's more out there than you think. They just don't tend to be drawn to these kinds of games. I've met most of my other female gamer friends through MMOs and similar.

As for your questions:

- I always choose the male skin. Not being able to use the camo or wookie suit is a deal-breaker for me.

- I haven't found other female players in game personally, but I've seen a few on these forums and seen streams with female players.

- I got shot in the legs once by a troll griefing new spawns. He got all up in my grill over direct comms as I was bleeding out, so I chatted back. He surprisingly felt bad that he'd just shot a 'gamer chick'. I decided to play along with the innocent girl act. He let me pick whatever loot I wanted from his car, then drove me to an ATV he had stashed somewhere as an apology. I accepted by shooting him through the back of the head as he was leaving, and taking his car and giving the ATV to a friend of mine. ^_^

- I got into DayZ by reading the Rock Paper Shotgun site, and I've been a gamer since I was old enough to realise what an Atari was. I play all kinds of games from FPS and MMOs to RTS and TBS, and I don't usually get treated any differently in any of the games I play. The only time I've ever seen women being treated differently is if they're really bad at what they're trying to play, in which case they usually tend to be the random girlfriend of some guy, trying to figure out why her boyfriend doesn't devote every waking moment to her pretty little lady face. At that point, she gets what she deserves. B)

Edited by angelomnipotent
  • Like 5

I think it's great girls play games. Last time I checked, a law wasn't past forbidding any and all females that they couldn't sit down and relax with a good old video game every once in a while. Hell, they are usually pretty good at playing games too. Thing is, it kind of annoys me when they try to make it so pronounced. I am not trying to insult you at all, but the main reason I see for this thread is for you to proclaim that, "I'M A WOMAN AND I PLAY DAYZ Z0MG!11!"

*EDIT* Don't get me wrong, I can see someone being genuinely curious about this stuff, and I am not saying that proclaiming the fact that your a woman playing games is the reason behind this, it just seems like it would be :P

I'll be totally honest. Up until this week when I had a conversation with someone I know. I resented other women that played because most of them do this whole "I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR AND HERE ARE MY TITS." Or they do this "ooooh don't kill me I'm a giiiirl." but he talked to me about why I hated them. This started a bit of an inner monologue and questioning. I'm a pretty big tomboy and I resented other girls that would come along and do the whole helpless woman thing. I've played games, love guns, gun owner, worked doing firefighting and EMS, and I've only ever delt with girls that have some kind of victim complex when it comes to male dominated activities. But I did some research on gaming in younger females and the confidence that comes from it, increased had eye coordination, ect. so I'm trying to get over my sexism over my own sex and ask questions.

The only difference between men and women is thay body parts, the real judge of their personality and character is how they grew up and what influenced them. As it is on most television programs, the male is usually more aggressive, arrogant, chivalrous, and occasionally an asshole. This could be the cause for most men being the way they are, due to these influences. For girls, the woman portrayed in most popular settings are either helpless, seducing, independent, or even proud of their gender; hence the "I AM A WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR AND HERE ARE MY TITS" thing. The only factor that makes a difference when ANYONE plays a game is judged by their competency, and their resilience in gaming environments.

I don't go out of my way to specifically help or kill women players simply because of their gender, I help them if they need help, and I kill em if need be as well. WITHOUT MERCY >:D. Btw I am a hero(medic)so I almost always yell out friendly and wait for a reply, but if they are on top of a known sniping spot with an m107 picking off freshies I usually shoot first.

Obviously, girls can hold their own in games, you're living proof ya dumbeh.

• Like 1

The only difference between men and women is thay body parts

Close, but not quite. Male and female brains are wired and work differently, and there is a notable different between the sexes. A lot of base reactions are different on a purely instinctual level when faced with some situations. The way we think overall is intrinsically changed by this physiological difference.

• Like 1

some facts about the female dayz character:

- Her name is Dr. Annie Baker, I haven't played much arma campaign but apparently she's an important character. The debriefing shows "Haley Smith" but that's an incorrect name.

- She can get the bandit turbant as it's just a piece of headgear and if you fall low enough on humanity you'll get it. she can't get any other skin though

- She has female voice commands, but that's pretty much expected.

I can start by telling you my friend started playing DayZ and on one server, because she decided to chat in local was called a few things

Attention Whore

A dude

Tits or gtfo

and then just a load of general abuse about how she should go back to the kitchen and crap like that.

It amazes me that there are really that many assholes out there and TBH - I really hope you all die you complete pieces of shit.

anyway, back to ....

I think it's great girls are getting into games and why not? They're meant to be fun and challenging after all. The biggest drawback for most girls is they don't necessarily want to play war and a lack of female characters to choose from might be a factor too.

I would be more inclined to trust a female player - women tend to be more into working things out rather than racking up kills and are more mature so personally, I'd love to get hold of that black SUV and get 5 of you bitc....haha j/k

Most definitely and why wouldn't they be. Guys might use their wrists a lot more but that doesn't help out with hand eye coordination. There is no reason why girls can't be as good as guys at gaming (and I know a couple that would kick the ass of most people) - since the physical attributes are no longer an issue, it's all about skill with the mouse and working out the game.

As long as they don't make me spill my beer they're good ;)

• Like 2

I can start by telling you my friend started playing DayZ and on one server, because she decided to chat in local was called a few things

Attention Whore

A dude

Tits or gtfo

and then just a load of general abuse about how she should go back to the kitchen and crap like that.

It amazes me that there are really that many assholes out there and TBH - I really hope you all die you complete pieces of shit.

anyway, back to ....

I think it's great girls are getting into games and why not? They're meant to be fun and challenging after all. The biggest drawback for most girls is they don't necessarily want to play war and a lack of female characters to choose from might be a factor too.

I would be more inclined to trust a female player - women tend to be more into working things out rather than racking up kills and are more mature so personally, I'd love to get hold of that black SUV and get 5 of you bitc....haha j/k

Most definitely and why wouldn't they be. Guys might use their wrists a lot more but that doesn't help out with hand eye coordination. There is no reason why girls can't be as good as guys at gaming (and I know a couple that would kick the ass of most people) - since the physical attributes are no longer an issue, it's all about skill with the mouse and working out the game.

As long as they don't make me spill my beer they're good ;)

Jex please I mean no offence by this, but I thought you were a female! I swear I read somewhere you mentioned your boyfriend! Either I got it all wrong, or read a post and thought it was you. I even told the undead savior you were!! So zombie Jesus I was wrong! Yeah yeah both of you damn well know I make a habit of being wrong! :P

(edit)

Oh and OP I love lady gamers! So much I married one!! I treat them like I treat anyone else. My wife and I hated each other at first. (she was a guild mate) she thought I was a major asshole, I thought she was a drama queen (still do hehehe oh hope she don't read this!) We had a guild get together and fell for each other instantly! (yes she is way out of my league ;) just in case she does read this!)

Anyway I flirt with the lady gamers, nothing disrespectful tho. And don't feel I favor/discriminate them.

I not only think girl gamers can be good gamers I know plenty that are!

For the limp noodles who disrespect you because of your gender, race, sexual preference... Grow up and L2Be a decent human being!

Edited by Pendragon

I don't have any "girl friends" away from computer or otherwise, so I'm curious how other females feel about certain issues in gaming. I don't want followers I just have questions. I know statistics are usually bullshit but I read somewhere earlier this year that it was like 40% of steam accounts now are female. I just have no idea where the fuck those girls are because I don't run into other females in games. Other than Team Fortress and even then we're pretty outnumbered. I'm a huge tomboy and this just came naturally for me, so what gets other girls in to gaming?

Perhaps they don't advertise themselves as females OR they're not playing war games. There are plenty of other genres out there other than FPS's.

Jex please I mean no offence by this, but I thought you were a female! I swear I read somewhere you mentioned your boyfriend! Either I got it all wrong, or read a post and thought it was you. I even told the undead savior you were!! So zombie Jesus I was wrong! Yeah yeah both of you damn well I make a habit of being wrong! :P

Fuck me! (mmm guess that's out now) Is the marriage off!!!????

And no, nowhere did I ever mention having a boyfriend but I did mention having a wife I buy lingerie for on another thread ;)

Fuck me! (mmm guess that's out now) Is the marriage off!!!????

And no, nowhere did I ever mention having a boyfriend but I did mention having a wife I buy lingerie for on another thread ;)

lol! My bad Jex although now that it is out, i liked you better when i though you were a woman! :D

lol! My bad Jex although now that it is out, i liked you better when i though you were a woman! :D

Well that goes without saying - all guys would love to game with girls, no different on the forums I guess though knowing what I write in my posts, they're not very effeminate - weird how you came to that perception though.

Going back to the topic itself. I wasn't expecting any feminine activity here with all the competitive rage and hatred going on with some threads. but then again, like angelomnipotent said. I'm assuming that the amount of female players on DayZ is rather slim due to the genre itself, I do believe that the amount of female gamers in general are growing aswell but as far as I recall meeting female players, this was usually on MMO's that I played through the years.

But then again, DayZ isn't as socially build as MMO's. you are bound to talk and cooperate in those games allot more to begin with so you'll find out allot more about your fellow players there. though there are servers out there with side channels. most people will commune by typing rather than verbally engaging the side channel (not to mention how it's occasionaly not allowed) I expect allot of girl gamers chosing the male character anyhow due to the whole clothing issue aswell. even when I encounter a female character in DayZ i'm not expecting it to be a girl gamer. ontop of that, I still thinks it's odd and disturbing when guys roll female characters, especially in MMO's. as you try to make a connection to your character in-game. but I assume thats more for the fun out of it.. or that fact they can control a character that has pixelated boobies!

• Like 1

Pfft, girls don't play games.

Aight, I'm joking.

Serious fact here, there are a lot of girl gamers, they just don't expose themselves (no guys, not that kind of expose).

I'd love to actually see or hear girl gamers, for example, you never see girls do lets play, why not?

I've seen many people with the girl skin in-game, hell, I've even used it once myself to see animations difference and such, and I honestly have no idea if I've ever met an actual girl in this mod, but I doubt that I haven't. Who knows, maybe my teammate even is a girl, can you really trust people in this mod?

As to OP:

I like having girls around that play games too, makes it a big "difference", if you can call it that. Makes it feel more like an all-around hobby, not just a guy meet-up.

I couldn't care less if girls played, nor would I "quit my mission" to hunt one down, unless she wants my "beans", but that's another case.

Girls can definitely stand up for themselves in games if they try to.

And yes, no girl on earth would be allowed to drive my Ural.

• Like 1