mattlightfoot

New Standalone Screenshots released

great to see an update on standalone.. thanks

I like how there is a single bullet hole in the window in the last pic rather then it being busted out.

On a side note.. When can we get into new game to start help testing it... :)

Edited by setayn
  • Like 10

Looks real good, when I stroll through town, I might be tempted to just put a mailbox out front and call it home!

• Like 4

Awesome! The screenshots don't look that hot, as they are taken with medium settings, but the fact that all the buildings can be entered is what makes this exciting. Now the villages will be interesting to scavenge. And god, am I looking forward to seeing Cherno and Elektro with most buildings finished.

Looking great! Cant wait, Has this version been optimised to run smoother?

Should put the beans and drinks on the tables!

• Like 2

Looking good - could do with some dried blood caked on the walls for that 'lived in' appearance ;)

Agreed, we discussed this as a team.

I believe it is very, very easy to go overboard with any "apocalyptic" graphical implementations on textures. It can become repetitive and remove the shock value of actually seeing something like in the game. As such, we're going to complete all the interiors first before we look at making them look more "lived". This would probably be done through decals and such. The art style we are going for is more real, and gritty. More like "the road" than a zombie film style. The gore will be there, but only in specific instances and as such I think it will have more impact.

• Like 39

Nice to see this. I can't wait to see the next shots... Nice one guy's.

Awesome! The screenshots don't look that hot, as they are taken with medium settings, but the fact that all the buildings can be entered is what makes this exciting. Now the villages will be interesting to scavenge. And god, am I looking forward to seeing Cherno and Elektro with most buildings finished.

Yes, They are taken w/ Medium Settings. "The screenshots are taken on “Normal” graphic settings (medium texture resolution) and are unaltered and uncropped."

Any chance of some "easter eggs" scattered across the map in a couple of houses- such as messages scrawled on walls, or some human remains, maybe evidence of a "last stand, or even scenes that are a nod towards classic movies from the genre, that sort of thing?

• Like 1

A few Screen shots of the DayZ standalone interiors have been put up here >

http://dayzdev.tumbl...hots-taken-from

These are the screens:

r1k553.jpg

bdw7yg.jpg

6qzkvo.jpg

6t0me0.jpg

3023ok3.jpg

nd9b41.jpg

2en5hk9.jpg

30a6z47.jpg

Thoughts ?

By the way, these are all taken on Medium graphics setting, so dont judge them yet, i dont hink theyre bad as is anyway !

These are by no means the final quality of the game, the screen shots were posted by Rocket on their blog, i simply copied them over to the forums.

Please note these are work-in-progress shots, with only basic texture work and initial lighting passes. I picked a random town in the game and took screenshots of a few of the houses. The screenshots are taken on “Normal” graphic settings (medium texture resolution) and are unaltered and uncropped.

Our artists have been very busy, methodically going through all buildings in Chernarus and adding interiors. The task can be pretty difficult, when the buildings where made interiors were not considered so it an be a challenge for the artists to make the interiors both look correct and work properly.

The village I used to take the screenshot in now has all its buildings enterable, including the sheds. Most focus has so far been on the buildings that are situated outside of the center, but focus now is turning to doing interiors for the city buildings. This is complicated by our desire to dramatically increase performance, and given the scene complexity inside cities we need to balance this with the desire to increase building scavenging opportunities inside the cities.

This was really just a very quick drop of a few screenshots, I’ll try to put forward some more screenshots of our artists work in the next few weeks.

Edited by Crableg
  • Like 1

Any chance of some "easter eggs" scattered across the map in a couple of houses- such as messages scrawled on walls, or some human remains, maybe evidence of a "last stand, or even scenes that are a nod towards classic movies from the genre, that sort of thing?

I would prefer such "easter egg" discoveries will come from discovering something that happened to another player. I think that will be far more compelling and less repetitive than something manufactured and backed into the map.

• Like 20

I'm impressed with the initial results so far. You guys are really making the best out of that engine :)

• Like 1