merrfack

In a duel, What side arm would you want?

What side arm would you want in a Duel?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What pistol would you want in a duel from say... 20m? Paced off and turn and fire.

• Revolver
    • G17
    • M9
    • M9SD
    • Markov

Just curious... trying to bring some life to the forums :)

Revolver is good for it's accuracy and stopping-power, but I might pick the G17 because it has such a large clip and is still pretty accurate.

PDW i choose you.

Didn't put it in the poll buddy.

I am g17 guy in a duel, clip wise and how fast it fires. I feel like I could send 3-5 rounds down range before a 2nd revolver could be fired. Tho the revolver would make you want to be more accurate in the first place. Would be kind of cool to get some kind of bracket going for this with a ref that says TURN FIRE and see who wins if someone would dedicate a password protected server for it

I would most likely go for G17 but first i have to clarify if we are starting back to back walking paces then turning to fire.

PDW i choose you.

There is an obvious reason why :)
  • Like 2

I would most likely go for G17 but first i have to clarify if we are starting back to back walking paces then turning to fire.

That is what I am getting at :)

PDW i choose you.

This would be my sidearm of choice as well, but I can see why he didn't put it in the poll. M1911 second choice, but the revolver looks cooler. It's just that one extra shot might pay off with the M1911.

G17 for me only because of its 20 round clip and low recoil. Though a revolver is definitely more stylish... Anything but the PDW though. Stupid thing's iron sights suck and firing in full auto is asking for death.

G17 for me only because of its 20 round clip and low recoil. Though a revolver is definitely more stylish... Anything but the PDW though. Stupid thing's iron sights suck and firing in full auto is asking for death.

You -can- control the full auto on the PDW, you just need to practice with it. Wouldn't recommend trying it at anything more than 25 meters though.

Probably the Makarov. It's lighter, so I can throw it further and faster.

Definitely a shoulder-mounted nuclear missile launcher. It's the only way to be sure.

Revolver because if its not a head shot then one shot is going to put you in a mess and the second will finish you, most other handguns in DayZ are shit compared to the revolver at such close range

Revolver because if its not a head shot then one shot is going to put you in a mess and the second will finish you, most other handguns in DayZ are shit compared to the revolver at such close range

The revolver will not mess anyone up with one shot that isn't a headshot. It's pretty much just as bad as every other gun at close range. The benefit to the revolver is it has good accuracy at longer ranges than most other sidearms, due in part to it's iron sights.

Makarov at 20m. Speed and recoil means I can just unload at clip in the direction of your head and something will likely pop. Otherwise Revolver for the one shot. (Headshots with the rev are just too damn easy)

Don't know why people would pick the revolver or makarov/m9/m9sd. G17 is superior to makarov in every way, same with the m9 and m9sd (in the duel) and while revolver is more accurate than the 1911, it doesn't really matter at 20 meters. M1911 you can fire faster and have 1 more shot. However, the only 2 guns (3) that can actually kill a guy in 1 mag are the m9 and g17 (m9sd). The g17 is better as it has 2 more shots, incase you miss. So I'd go with the g17.

I'd also go with the G17, just, over the revolver.

The ability to unload a full clip as opposed to 6 rounds wins out for me.

However, the only 2 guns (3) that can actually kill a guy in 1 mag are the m9 and g17 (m9sd).

This is simply not true. Aim at the head. If you practice with always shooting Z's in the head when killling them, it will become just something that is instinctual to do. I'm always around 90% headshots with zombie kills if not more on the debug monitor.