Sign in to follow this  
ocelot07

Tinned food requires tin opener?

Hello,

Here is my suggestion. At the moment we have baked beans frank and beans ect, Now all you have to do is left click and eat beans no problem. How about you make other tinned food available in the game witch is so easy to find but it rquires a tin opener. Make the tin opener a little hard to find like the matches. Then you have the Heinz Baked beans witch all ready has one of them rings on witch you simply pull open and the lid is off.

Reading back I don't thnk I have worded this as best as I could so I will show a picture to explain what am talking about,

114169160_beans_342408c.jpg

As you can see there is no ring pull on the lid. So this requires a tin open. Let these tins be found anywhere.

8762.jpg

As you can see on this image. There is a ring pull you simply pull this off and the beans are yours. Make these harder to find in game.

que hundreds of survivors smashing cans off rocks as they starve to death cos they can't find a tin opener... does seem like a good idea but at the same time would you also need to find a KFS (Knife fork and spoon) to then eat these beans and cooked stakes?

Just a little too much detail to be honest, nice concept but i just couldn't see it working without having to add and implement new tools etc

Agreeing with derpy.

Plus a lot of cans have pull-tab tops anyway.

Ok maybe a bit to realistic. I was going to post a new thread with this suggestion but I will most likely get shot down. How about having to go the toilet every 30 minutes? If you don't go the toilet within 30 mins you shit your self. Making you smell a lot and zombies being attracted to you even more due to the smell? Player will also know you are near by as you will have the flies sound on you forever until you go and stand in a lake for a couple of seconds to wash your self. Again most likely a bit to realistic but it would be funny.

Edited by ocelot20

I have been enrtuiged with the idea of needing to pee and take a dump, would be good for tracking people, checking how warm the poo is can tell you if any players have been about recently, Might as well make surviving the dirty job it actually is!

I have been enrtuiged with the idea of needing to pee and take a dump, would be good for tracking people, checking how warm the poo is can tell you if any players have been about recently, Might as well make surviving the dirty job it actually is!

Yes this what they need to implant in the stand alone. Imagine out in the forest and you find a bag of poo. You character study's it and it gives you a estimate like this has been fresh for 20 - 30 minutes. You will then think well is there a camper near by or who ever left this might be the other side of the map by now.

Yes this what they need to implant in the stand alone. Imagine out in the forest and you find a bag of poo. You character study's it and it gives you a estimate like this has been fresh for 20 - 30 minutes. You will then think well is there a camper near by or who ever left this might be the other side of the map by now.

Indeed, see i would use my training and use my entrenching tool to make a small pit to do my business, then re-cover... no one would even know i had been there.

There's already a hunting knife you could use to open cans.

But you can still open it without the knife.

I personally don't need a can opener, i eat the whole damn thing. :D

You have consumed a can (content x)
  • Like 1

Have you ever tried opening a can without a can opener? I suppose if you were starving you would just hatchet it to death or stab it. It would take a bit longer and be messier.

I sort of suggested this in jest when someone had a thread of Ultra Hard Core ideas for DayZ. But the more i thought about it the more evil i thought it would be if you found a can, were starving, but couldnt open it.

hmmm.. i would love to see the entire food system revamped.. but can openers.. uh.. i doubt. Theres a shit ton more ideas dealing with eat/drink side of DayZ i would love to see improved b 4 something like can openers :P

e.g like the ability to eat raw meat with the risk of becoming sick.. why would you eat raw meat you say ? well cooking meat over a fire should take a alot longer in my oppinion.. say litterally 5+ mins or something to make it more rewarding for when u actually get a cooked steak.

Therefore you would only eat raw meat on the run and if u had no matches, axe etc

Ok maybe a bit to realistic. I was going to post a new thread with this suggestion but I will most likely get shot down. How about having to go the toilet every 30 minutes? If you don't go the toilet within 30 mins you shit your self. Making you smell a lot and zombies being attracted to you even more due to the smell? Player will also know you are near by as you will have the flies sound on you forever until you go and stand in a lake for a couple of seconds to wash your self. Again most likely a bit to realistic but it would be funny.

Bad troll, HOW DO YOU see that realistic

What kind of metabolism do you have LOL, I suggest you to see a doctor if you shit yourself every 30minutes..

What comes to a tincans, sure they could be opened with lots of stuff, but hell..

Edited by Zeppa

The OP has never lived on his own.

First few weeks of living on my own in my first apartment, only thing i had to open tins was a survival knife.

list of thing that can serve as can opener, that i can think of:

knife

hatchet

gun(not ideal but does the trick)

entrenching tool(its a short spade actually)

these things are not in game but work:

spoon

fork(have to be caution with this one)

wooden stick, if its hard enough

flat stone

your finger, if you`ve been working out

and other thing that i cant think about right now.

Is this serious?

Oh, please. Make a real game, not an absurd game.

Lets ask to add socks because shoes can damage your feet and also scissors because in a zombie apocalypse your hair can grow too long and that bothers you and well, probably women need sanitary napkins and....

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 1

Real men open cans with their...

Mm. Actually that would be a bad idea. Tin cuts rather neatly, and that particular organ is rather.. well.. bleedy.

Real men open cans with their...

Mm. Actually that would be a bad idea. Tin cuts rather neatly, and that particular organ is rather.. well.. bleedy.

well fingers dont bleed that well :)