The Bean Marine

Need NVG heres a Trick!

[useless comment, deleted]

Edited by Inception.

resolution brings in a very big advantage, even if a noob like you does not notice.

did you ever have 2 screens next to each other with different resolutions? in arma2 the difference is huge, especially with NVGs equipped!

the fov increases by a way too huge amount!

Im playing since max resolution was 320x200 on my amiga 500 so calling me a noob is pretty funny.

Higher resolution give you an advantage, sure. But you set them once for your machine and keep them as high as possible in regards to performance.

Your brightness should be adjusted to fit day and night best, if you change them to see better in the night thats cheating. This is my opinion, i`m an old school gamer with high moral standards when it comes to competitive gaming. You don`t have to share my opinion, but maybe think about it a little bit, it`S just more fun winning a fight when you know you had no advantage other than skills.

at night time just scout the area for crash sites, and with a bit of luck u will find some NVGs...i found mine just today on crash site..

Edited by snowcrAsh42

The gamma thing is not exactly cheating, the term is exploiting. You exploit a video setting to give you an advantage. The only people that defend that are the exploiters. "hurr durr it's not cheating if it's in the options derp".

When i played cod2, people used to turn down resolution to 640 which made the bushes become almost transparent aka. exploiting. And if you had more than 250 fps your footsteps were silent. And even then there were people defending it again only exploiters themselves.

It's just how it is, some people suck at the game and exploit, some suck even more and have to cheat.

The gamma thing is not exactly cheating, the term is exploiting. You exploit a video setting to give you an advantage. The only people that defend that are the exploiters. "hurr durr it's not cheating if it's in the options derp".

When i played cod2, people used to turn down resolution to 640 which made the bushes become almost transparent aka. exploiting. And if you had more than 250 fps your footsteps were silent. And even then there were people defending it again only exploiters themselves.

It's just how it is, some people suck at the game and exploit, some suck even more and have to cheat.

Sounds like someone has NVGs, sorry the rest of us don't want to stumble around blind giving you a massive advantage.

• Like 1

I've been balls deep in this thread's suggestion since I started playing but you get my beans because I know there is alot of players who probably don't use this and quit night servers upon log in. cheers here's some beans mate.

The gamma thing is not exactly cheating, the term is exploiting. You exploit a video setting to give you an advantage. The only people that defend that are the exploiters.

an exploit "takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behaviour to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised)".

none of these occurs here, as the brightness and gamma is working as intended.

its not like it stops things from being rendered.

It's not cheating, but it's certainly frowned apon. But I do the gamma thing myself. Honestly, it's just too dark, the flashlights are just too useless and any light source is just too much of an invitation to snipers or other players not to. Plus so many players have NV or thermals anyway.

i just use the stuff because when i dont... everyone calls me a noob and i have a serious disadvantage

if everyone would be kept from playing with the brightness and gamma, i'd run around with a flashlight, because then not everyone will see me five kilometers away

i just use the stuff because when i dont... everyone calls me a noob and i have a serious disadvantage

if everyone would be kept from playing with the brightness and gamma, i'd run around with a flashlight, because then not everyone will see me five kilometers away

There are already private hives which prevent using the gamme and brightness cheat, try it, its a totally fresh experience! G17 or Remington with flashlight ftw!

Sounds like someone has NVGs, sorry the rest of us don't want to stumble around blind giving you a massive advantage.

I don't.

none of these occurs here, as the brightness and gamma is working as intended.

its not like it stops things from being rendered.

exploiters gonna exploit.

There are already private hives which prevent using the gamme and brightness cheat, try it, its a totally fresh experience! G17 or Remington with flashlight ftw!

as you can still change it in your driver settings, it's just hillarious as your whining :)

as you can still change it in your driver settings, it's just hillarious as your whining :)

Yeah and you could mount a magnifier in front of your screen to have more zoom for your sniper rifle... man, just work on your skills and you can stop finding sissy ways to get advantage over others...

• Like 1

Dude are you a fucking retard or what i'm sharing what i know don't be a dick about it idiot.

OP lost any and all respect I'd have given because of this. Seriously it was just a lighthearted joke, you don't need to act like a butt hurt five-year-old in response.

• Like 2

This only works if there is already some light around. If it is pitch black (you cannot see your character) then this won't work, it will turn all the black to a grey and you still can't see shit

Yeah and you could mount a magnifier in front of your screen to have more zoom for your sniper rifle... man, just work on your skills and you can stop finding sissy ways to get advantage over others...

You mean advantages like having sniper rifles and shooting unarmed people for no reason? Or even hacking?

What actually makes a huge difference is tunring HDR to very high.

This only works if there is already some light around. If it is pitch black (you cannot see your character) then this won't work, it will turn all the black to a grey and you still can't see shit

if you turn HDR up this doesnt happen.

some of you whining fools have appearently never been into competitive gaming.

this is no cheat, no exploit, but a tweak.

seriously, you should play Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory. THAT game has possibilites for tweaking :)

DayZ is no sim!

• Like 1

Guys calm your tits this was only for starter players that have no further experience in the game and if they join a server this might come in handy.