Taiphoz

Remove NVG and TWS

54 members have voted

1. 1. Remove NVG and TWS

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont play at night.

In my opinion - and it is only an opinion.

All top tier weaponry and equipment should go. However i only say this because every man and his dog is walking around with NVG's L85's and AS50's due to the rampant duping and hacking.

Fix duping and hacking, add weapon durability, battery life etc and these very rare items are fine in game.

Roll on standalone.

• Like 1

In my opinion - and it is only an opinion.

All top tier weaponry and equipment should go. However i only say this because every man and his dog is walking around with NVG's L85's and AS50's due to the rampant duping and hacking.

Fix duping and hacking, add weapon durability, battery life etc and these very rare items are fine in game.

Roll on standalone.

Yeah people are basing too much on a buggy, problem ridden, alpha, mod. The standalone is where things are going to change, not this mod.

You bring up weapon durability, but do you mean like the more you use a weapon, it'll eventually break, or more like what Rocket wants, that you'll come across better quality versions of the same gun, so like a rusty enfield won't do as much damage or shoot as accurately, compared to a pristine enfield? Rocket's idea I like.

And yes, NVG needs batteries, of which those batteries will be more rare than the NVG's. The high end powerful guns like the sniper rifles and LMG's should also have noticeable weight issues. I believe they do take up more space than guns in the backpack, I forget, it's been awhile, but you should run slower or tire out quicker when wielding one. There's a big difference between an 8 pound M16 and a 31 pound AS50 lol

Edited by Maxgor

you say "duping aside" but thats exactly the biggest issue..duping.

No, it isn't.

It is far easier to find a legitimate AS50 or M107 than it is an M24 or SVD

The problem is the loot spawns

Edited by jdz

well it all come down to the game being 'fun' or not

I know we all like to be cool guys and say "rocket set out to make the anti-game". but lets face it, no one wants to play a game where you have no chance in hell

I do!

And plenty want the challenge, not everybody is like you and your carebare brigade who thinks everything has to be balanced and easy mode. Balance sucks balls and does not belong in a simulation of anything. Life is not balanced, war is not balanced so why should a simulation of either be balanced?? Do you think if there ever was such as thing as an apocalyspse it would be balanced?? GTFO

the flip side to this would be UP!!. the drop rate on Night Vision and make them drop in more places , not just those two buildings, I think the major problem with the drop rates and I beleive its linked with the above SVD camo talk is that those two buildings are the only two in the map and their the only places you can get a number of items.

1. Night Vision
  2. SVD Camo
  3. M107
  4. Range finder

And probably some others, with all these items only spanwing in a tiny limited number of places, they are essentially all fighting for the same spot which makes finding any of them even harder, Night Vision should be found in at all, in all mill spawns, as should range finders, leave the camo and m107 in those locations but for the love of god upp the ammo drop rate on the camo because right now its shocking.

To all of you that want to balance the game..You realize that in a real life apocalypse there will be no balanace,just death,right?That you could find literaly EVERYTHING,without worrying about getting banned.First it was the too much pvp bitching,then the camping snipers bitching and now this...There is no reason to spend time arguing,just think that this game is supposed to be realistic.Think what would happen in real life.I used to live close to a military base,if a zombie apocalypse happened,i think that i would run there and arm myself.I dont know how to shoot,never even touched a gun,but i won't think about making it fair for others.Plus i'd jump in a motherfucking tank :P But anyways,if you want to play with fucking nerf guns then find,or buy a server,and use the loot you like.There are servers like that ,without thermals and shit,just go and play there and stop bitching!The game won't change cause you or i want it,,the game will change when rocket wants it.Yes,he will use feedback,but something clever and mature,not "Take the snipers out out,they kill me,take the cars out,i dont have one,take the bloodbags out,i have no friend to give me blood,take the magazines out,i have none,take the zombies out,they hit me.Aw,what a cute place,throw in a couple of unicorns,and let's hug!" We paid for arma 2,and downloaded DayZ,end of story.Want something different?Find a server with special loot,fricking buy one,or gtfo and play some pacman,and then bitch about the one shot kills -.-

So since you hate easy games and are so hardcore, I guess you run around at night with just a pistol and no nvgs and no bandages? Cause if you don't and instead run around with top tier loot and think you are hardcore, you are kidding yourself.

So many of you super leet badasses grab duped top tier loot then hunt people who aren't trying to kill you and have normal loot and then you call them carebears, when in reality, they are playing way more hardcore than you.

I know the response will be something along the lines of, yeah, cause we are smart or that's the game or whatever excuse a pussy has to make up to self justify being a pussy.

Give up your top tier loot and stop playing easy mode and maybe someone will be impressed.

Yawn.

So since you hate easy games and are so hardcore, I guess you run around at night with just a pistol and no nvgs and no bandages? Cause if you don't and instead run around with top tier loot and think you are hardcore, you are kidding yourself.

So many of you super leet badasses grab duped top tier loot then hunt people who aren't trying to kill you and have normal loot and then you call them carebears, when in reality, they are playing way more hardcore than you.

I know the response will be something along the lines of, yeah, cause we are smart or that's the game or whatever excuse a pussy has to make up to self justify being a pussy.

Give up your top tier loot and stop playing easy mode and maybe someone will be impressed.

Yawn.

Why should DayZ be reduced to the lowest common denominator? Why should those of us who recoginze the potential of DayZ have to put up with people who refuse to help themselves?

• Like 1

That response doesn't really mean anything. AS50's and ghillies ARE the lowest common denominator. They are everywhere and since they make the game easier, everyone uses them.

It's ok if you like to play DayZ easy mode, but stop pretending that that isn't what you are doing.

That response doesn't really mean anything. AS50's and ghillies ARE the lowest common denominator. They are everywhere and since they make the game easier, everyone uses them.

It's ok if you like to play DayZ easy mode, but stop pretending that that isn't what you are doing.

If you think this is such a swell idea, get Rocket to sign off on it.

Me, not impressed.

What idea?

This game is play how you want. There is no difficulty setting, it is up to you to choose your own difficulty. This can pretty much only be done by limiting yourself to less than top tier equipment.

Therefore, people who play with top tier equipment are playing easy mode.

This is not difficult to understand and nothing needs to be done about it.

Play easy mode if you want or set some restrictions on yourself and play "hardcore" mode. But don't come on here and act like having the best equipment and sniping people who aren't even looking for you is "hardcore" when it is actually the easiest way to play the game.

Logic, it's pretty simple.

What idea?

This game is play how you want. There is no difficulty setting, it is up to you to choose your own difficulty. This can pretty much only be done by limiting yourself to less than top tier equipment.

Therefore, people who play with top tier equipment are playing easy mode.

This is not difficult to understand and nothing needs to be done about it.

Play easy mode if you want or set some restrictions on yourself and play "hardcore" mode. But don't come on here and act like having the best equipment and sniping people who aren't even looking for you is "hardcore" when it is actually the easiest way to play the game.

Logic, it's pretty simple.

That's not logic,it's bullshit.If you really think that the gear sets the dificulty in the game,then sir,you are an idiot.

I've killed a guy with a machinegun,emptying a whole belt, with my last 4 bullets of my makarov,just cause i played better,aimed head and shot,instead of shooting like there is no tomorrow.I've been killed when i had the best loot i ever found,including nvgs and tws gun.and i died from a zombie,cause i played stupid,i trapped myself,and i got hit while i was reloading,bled to death,used all the bandages.

It's not about what you have,but what you do with it.Yeah,NVGs make it easier to play at night,but if you use flares and chemlights correctly,then it's easy for you too.Yeah thermal vision gives a huge advantage to the guy that uses it,but that means nothing,he has to be a good shooter in order to get you.In order to kill you he has to be a good sniper,not a good "thermal user".If he killed you,then it means that you where in a spot that he could get you even with a m14 aim.

The difficulty changes according to your actions and skills,and of course according to the enemy's actions and skills.

You disagreed with me and then everything you said backed up my point. I'm really confused what you are trying to say.

Is it easier to kill a player with an AS50 or a Makarov?

I'll let you answer that.

Now realise that that answer just proved my point.

There's nothing wrong with playing DayZ the easy way, so stop taking it personally.

Would anybody even be out at night? If it was a zombie apocalypse I'd be sleeping at that time unless I needed to use it for cover. Not sure why anyone would be out in the dark with zombies running around. Not sure about the Thermal - won't be at all bothered to see it go so i reckon get rid of it.

I do!

And plenty want the challenge, not everybody is like you and your carebare brigade who thinks everything has to be balanced and easy mode. Balance sucks balls and does not belong in a simulation of anything. Life is not balanced, war is not balanced so why should a simulation of either be balanced?? Do you think if there ever was such as thing as an apocalyspse it would be balanced?? GTFO

oh really? you'd like a game where "you have no chance in hell". "no chance" is not a "challenge"

That response doesn't really mean anything. AS50's and ghillies ARE the lowest common denominator. They are everywhere...

they are everywhere because people cheat to get them

Ballance has got nothing to do with wanting easy mode, why do think i want rid of NV, because its a noob crutch, L85 is a noob crutch, M107 is a noob crutch, AS50 is a noob crutch.

I want hardcore, but there still needs to need some level of ballance, getting the items and weapons list "right" would be a simple start.

I have to agree, lose both. Neither bring anything to the game other than a huge huge advantage.

I like night time, but with this equipment, it isn't really night anymore. And when I don't have NVGs I'm clever enough to avoid night.

Listen i see you point of view, but without night vision goggles it wouldn't be fun. The fresh spawner's should go to a server were it is actually bright and see able. But i do agree on the TWS. Way to many hackers lately have been spawning gear boxes and teleporting player to them. The hacker would make them choose a gun and 90% of the time the players would wear a guli suit and take the as50 TWS and that is way over powered.... So i do not agree on the nvg but as for the TWS yes....

Ballance has got nothing to do with wanting easy mode, why do think i want rid of NV, because its a noob crutch, L85 is a noob crutch, M107 is a noob crutch, AS50 is a noob crutch.

I want hardcore, but there still needs to need some level of ballance, getting the items and weapons list "right" would be a simple start.

Actually asking for the gear to be removed is the noob crutch, as you call it. Basically what I'm reading here is, that your tactics are not sound and as a result you present an easy target to those whose tactics are better than yours.

The reality is, premium gear makes you a high value target. You cannot risk exposing yourself, or you will be shot. Collecting gear legitimately takes time and effort, but because you seem to prefer not to use the right tools for the job, you think everyone else should be lowered to your level. The rewards for my efforts is gear that gives me an edge over lesser equipped players, but I still have to be skilled enough to properly utilize that equipment. More times than I can count, I've made stupid mistakes that lead to my character dying, even with all my premium gear. I learn from those mistakes and improve my tactics. You can't teach someone to be good at chess, if you let them win. It is the challenge of overcoming extraordinary odds that provides the most satisfaction. My dad never once let me win at chess, but the time I finally did beat him was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Any "balancing" will ruin DayZ. In my mind it is not a game, but a fairly accurate simulation of what would actually happen if the shit hit the fan. There will be trading posts, because people need stuff to survive. There will be bandits, because they've made the choice to ignore civilized behaviour and do whatever it takes to survive. There will be survivors, but in reality those survivors will still bare much resemblance to bandits, because they will have survived by being ruthless and ensuring that their own are taken care of. There will be the dead bodies of the people looking for hand outs. The more fortunate of those looking for handouts, will end up as slaves. If the shit hit the fan, which would you be? DayZ shows that divide clearly, but since DayZ is a game, those looking for hand outs come here on the forum complaining about how unfair it is that someone shot them in the face for being stupid and exposing themselves.

I can assure you, if the shit hit the fan, I would not share my water with you, I would not share my food with you, I would not share my firearms with you and if you didn't heed my warnings to stay away, I would shoot you. The only exceptions to that, are my close friends that I already trust my life with.

If trolling other players = fun then i see you point :rolleyes:

Actually, it's not trolling, it's called target practice. If you're stupid enough to get into my line of sight, and you give me an opening to shoot you, your character deserves to die, fresh spawn or not. There have been a number of survivors that were fresh spawns, who used their heads and didn't expose themselves to me in a fashion where I believed that I had a shot. I won't take the shot unless I'm reasonably sure I can make the shot, because as soon as I open fire I've given away my position and I must relocate. It is important to me to kill my target, because I don't want them chasing me down pissed off that I shot at them.

Use your brain, and stop suggesting that end-game gear makes it easy to kill. It's just as easy to kill with the hatchet, if you use that thing on your shoulders.

Actually, it's not trolling, it's called target practice. If you're stupid enough to get into my line of sight,

Thank you for proving my point.

No single player should have such a huge advantage over another- that's equal to cheating or simply lazy game design.

Simple as.

Thank you for proving my point.

No single player should have such a huge advantage over another- that's equal to cheating or simply lazy game design.

Simple as.

No it does not prove your point. It doesn't even remotely support it, what it does say is don't be stupid and keep your head down so you don't get shot.

No it does not prove your point. It doesn't even remotely support it, what it does say is don't be stupid and keep your head down so you don't get shot.

Do the high tier weapons make it easier to survive? Yes. Therefore the high tier weapons represent easy mode.

I don't care how hard they are to find, people who use them are playing DayZ on easy. Maybe you think getting high end loot is the point of the game, and in that case, congratulations you won. Now go murder some noobs and tell yourself that you are a hardcore DayZ master. Be sure to use the excuse that that is what people would do in real life.

The fact is, people want high end loot because it makes them feel special and they think it is cool. Can't blame them for that, generations of video games have programmed them to think that way. When given a game with no end game, people fall back to what is familiar. And that is the reason we have Cherno deathmatch. People can't decide a purpose for themselves beyond what every other game has taught them to do. So they collect the leet military gear and go shoot each other.

I hope these players are sorely disappointed with the standalone. The fixing of duping should scare off some of these short attention span, instant gratification kids. When it takes days, or hopefully weeks, to find a military weapon and the ammo to go with it, these kids won't be so quick to run off on a murder spree. Weeks of work for at most a few hours of pay off won't be worth it and they will move on.

I especially can't wait for the ones who are all cocky and think they will be the one dude who is super leet enough to keep playing that way. Those tears will be the tastiest.

• Like 1