rdemusx

DayZ map set in USA?

Just thought it would be awesome to have a DayZ map that is set in the US. Lots of diverse landscapes and cities to have some fun in. I made a concept (fan art) loading screen that I thought would be ideal for it. Just thinking how fun it would be. Please leave comments/crits :)

dayzPOFJBRSR.gif

My personal opinion is that it's nice to have a game not set in the U.S. No offence, I love your country, but after seeing it from every angle in film/games for the last 20 years I'm kind of sick of the sight of it. It's refreshing to see other parts of the world represented and adds a new dimension.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 22

It's nice, although, as Fraggle said, too many games are being starred in the US. I even live there and I'm sick of it!

Only if it's set in Florida... Where real zombies live anyways. I also wouldn't put the words "price of freedom" with the US anymore. Well.. I suppose we'd all be pretty "free" in a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1

@erocker - Your avatar always makes me feel nostalgic.

• Like 1

If it was in the US it would have to be Texas, diverse landscape and pretty much never showcased in movies or video games. However, if it were to be one the more "popular" states, ex: New York, California, then it would be fairly pointless as those are overused.

If you have someone who will take his time to create a map ( it might take years ) you're welcome to do so.

On the other hand most PCs won't be able to handle maps with double the size of Chernarus, let alone do some players even manage to squeeze 20 fps out of their systems.

Who wanna get chased by fat zombies anyway? :(

• Like 9

I have always thought DayZ on Manhattan island would be a great adventure. A lot of work though.

would be cool, but keep away from popular cities. If you're going to do it, model it off of landscapes like those in Montana, the Pacific north west, the Appalachians, or upstate New York.

yea Texas would be a nice place for it to take place. The screen was just to capture a DayZ on US Shores. I love the two maps I have played in DayZ. (Chen, Lingour) but just thought it would be neat to have real maps in different "popular" states in the US as well. China would be awesome, as well as SO MANY other places. I seen a tutorial on how to make these maps (although I think it would take to long for the average user to mess with). Just an idea that I thought would be cool. Thanks for the comments.

After over Ten Years of USA Settings in Games i wish, i prey, i hope there will be next 10 Years no more USA Settings.

Better make Canada, looks awesome ;)

Edited by DaGolem
  • Like 1

I think eventually, the best thing they could do with DayZ is create another fictional landscape, but have it as a canonical extension to the landmass that holds Chernarus. That way they can have urban areas, snow covered mountainous regions, maybe even go so far as to add fjords, lochs and island enclaves, but still without giving me the ability to read a road sign.

Nothing beats being completely and entirely lost, and trying to read cyrillic town names.

USA has been done to death. Eurasia and Europe are HUGE! And there's a lot of potential in them thar hills.

I want to see a fictional map that equally bolsters an urban area and a suburban/rural area. I'd love to see a big bridge connecting the rural/suburban area to the city, I think it would look pretty cool and give a lot of variety to the map.

Edited by Lights Out

@ DaGolem Canada would be best ... we got cities mixed with wilderness and rural areas

Plus you could hit up the rink for some loot and use hockey sticks to beat some zeds :lol:

we got cities mixed with wilderness and rural areas

Every country on the planet fits that description.

EDIT: Forests, lakes, mountains and snow would all be badass for wilderness survival.

And bears and wolves.

EDIT: AGAIN: That would be fairly Chernarussian too :P

Edited by Chabowski

Three words: North Carolina Appalachians. Amazing diverse place to stay. A lot of rural mountainous regions along with flat cities!

Start working on it then :D Lingor is a custom map made by the community as well.

• Like 1

Upstate New York, it is a lot like West Chernarus. Some small towns, a lot of mountains and forests, and not too hard to wonder past other people's tents.

no way america is just a big NO! i like to see other countries apart from america use in videogames. heres a few examples.

serbia: sorry i dont know anything about serbia

ireland: would be great to wonder around the bogs and marshes and set up a tent at the burren in co.clare and see the waterfalls then set up a sniping spot.

limerick city ireland: great to set up a base in king johns castle and snipe bandits from across the river.

australia: creeping through the outback with a sniper rifle and a fake aussie accent would be great.

belfast northern ireland: would be gret to have a dayz map set in the troubles.

london: loads of fat zombies loads of beef eater zombies.............and best of all the queen zombie!.

alaska: driving a truck while being attacked by hordes of infected would be sweet as a sweet/candy

• Like 1