rocket

Consolidated Weapons/Equipment suggestions

please take out all heavy machine guns and high tech weapons... - ad more realistic and common weapons/ items, which where found in everyones home... - thanks

btw... WHERE IS THE MOSIN NAGANT? ....(ehm with bolt action :D )

Edited by TiMEDANCE

This is the newest thread I found so im going to go ahead and leave this here.

PLEASE STOP

Please stop with he bull crap make a fucking devblog or don't post that more will be available over the weekend

"And here is the short video. More to follow on the devblog over the weekend."

that's been on the god damned http://dayzgame.com/ since PAX devblogs are never on the date you set, even 1 fucking devblog a month would be ok but ffs dude just don't announce 1 and then not do it I check the site daily, both sites that is, and it never has any new info and don't come at me with that fucking twitter feed bullshit, we were told there would be devblogs while I understand that that may not be the main priority please do all of us a big favor and DONT FUCKING ANNOUNCE THEM if you think there is even the slightest ball hair chance that there wont be one, we are all looking forward to this game and im sure it will be great, I know for a fact I will be a buyer but come on dude your signature states ROCKET "IN CHARGE OF NOT BEING RETARDED"

constantly setting dates for things as big as the alpha and as little as the devblogs and not meeting those deadlines kind of makes you fail at what you are in charge of doesn't it?

we are all anxious to see the development progress because at least to me its as close as I get to actually playing the game, please stop constantly letting us down with announcements of awesome information incoming if there wont be none.

and I hope no one takes this the wrong way im not trying to be an asshole but please just hear me out and try to view this post without any fanboyism.

PLEASE STOP

Please stop with he bull crap make a fucking devblog or don't post that more will be available over the weekend

that's been on the god damned http://dayzgame.com/ since PAX devblogs are never on the date you set, even 1 fucking devblog a month would be ok but ffs dude just don't announce 1 and then not do it I check the site daily, both sites that is, and it never has any new info and don't come at me with that fucking twitter feed bullshit, we were told there would be devblogs while I understand that that may not be the main priority please do all of us a big favor and DONT FUCKING ANNOUNCE THEM if you think there is even the slightest ball hair chance that there wont be one, we are all looking forward to this game and im sure it will be great, I know for a fact I will be a buyer but come on dude your signature states ROCKET "IN CHARGE OF NOT BEING RETARDED"

constantly setting dates for things as big as the alpha and as little as the devblogs and not meeting those deadlines kind of makes you fail at what you are in charge of doesn't it?

we are all anxious to see the development progress because at least to me its as close as I get to actually playing the game, please stop constantly letting us down with announcements of awesome information incoming if there wont be none.

and I hope no one takes this the wrong way im not trying to be an asshole but please just hear me out and try to view this post without any fanboyism.

I think Ericko needs a Diaper change... Any takers? :P

• Like 2

I think Ericko needs a Diaper change... Any takers? :P

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA UR SO FUCKING FUNNY!!!!!!!

seriously though, are u really ready to tell me im wrong?

Edited by Ericko

PLEASE STOP

Go complain to rocket and the entirety of BIS on twitter or some sh*t. This thread is for weapons suggestions, not for you to have a bitch and moan about somebody forgetting to update their blog on a regular basis. If you want news then check out the roundup threads in the Announcement subforums.

• Like 2

Yes.

There's no option to pre-order, you haven't paid a penny. Yet for some reason you think you're entitled to constant updates on development when the devs are busy trying to actually finish the game. Please name one other game that has done this. Most announce that they're in development, maybe post a couple of screenshots, and then release a trailer or two as it gets closer to release.

• Like 2

Aye, like mZLY said, you have spent no money, or at least, I hope not, on this mod. 

It is being entirely rebuilt and they can't post a dev blog each week you realise how boring and short they would be?

'Today we coded some stuff and made a new building. That is all.'

Instead, how about we leave for a month, so they come out and say:

'Well, we created 2 new zombie skins, added some more weapons, fixed some AI bugs, improved the melee system and created an entirely new town, here are some screenshots'

A suggestion for a cool little mechanik.

In the latest Devblog u showed us the Cloth and Equipment damage System.

It woulb be cool if a Player could hold a Granade in his hand with the pin pulled so if he gets Shot he ll explode and his Items will brake. He cant shoot but if he gets shot all Items are gone. I think this would be a cool feature to defend u as a lone surviver from a larger Group of Bandits in Urban combat.

Just had the Idea and posted it

Sorry for any mistakes

regards from Germany

Civilian style weapons! I go hunting and my family has around 12 guns, from 22LR's to a 270WSM. You could find a civilian weapon just as the bare rifle with open sights and one 3-5 mag, then find scopes, bipods, suppressors etc. If the rifle was found in a hunting families home then it could come with a scope and bipod already, and maybe a suppressor if you're lucky. i think make these type of weapons readily available like military grade weapons are in the mod, and make the military weapons a hell of a lot rarer. 

Forgot to add, 22LR's normally have a 10 shot mag. But it is possible to get drum mags that hold 30 rounds. And also, another suggestion... With the new crafting system, it would be cool to be able to tape 2 mags together, so when one is empty you just pull it out, and stick the other mag in a 1 quick movement, me and dad do this when we are hunting farms with a high rabbit population, it is so much faster than getting another mag out of your pocket/bag 

I think a neat feature would be the ability to trap a vehicle,deployable with batteries. say 6 batteries applied with wire would create a 48 hour booby trap on the specified item first 2 people to access the loot would be killed unless disarmed with 65% kill rate during disarm if not owner. or use 10 batteries a wire and scrapmetal for a 96 hour trap with inability to disarm unless owner and 100% chance to kill first 4 survivors who try to steal from it

I also believe we should have 5-6 times the civilian weapons, golf club to aluminum bats. ability to use things like a chair to defend yourself against zeds. give people the ability to climb trees with chance zombies loose interest after a long time ie 5-10 minutes but under 3 minutes they call more towards.

i believe that all arma guns should be in game but require crafting them or at least part of them like say ability to find a burnt out tws but to repair it you require 1 nvg 1 gps a battery and soldering kit.

same for guns the ability to find the trigger mechanism at army base the barrels butt the works. but you require a gun smithing kit to put them together plus a desk. make a desk a craftable item so too with right gear ie tookbox and plywood and logs.

this would allow long term players the small chance to build high end loot but new players would be using  civilian weapons. again when i say ability to build a gun im thinking a barrel for m16 or m4a1 would be .01% chance to spawn. firing mechanism, 0.001. firing pin 0.001 butt/stock 0.01 so on and so forth so it would take you weeks to build 1 gun if your lucky unlucky you would have to trade for it

i think that we should get 4-5 times the variety of food 4-5 times the variety of animals. inclusive of poisonous snakes and spiders, put on wrong pair of shoes and get a bite from a black widow or brown reclous or whatever spider types that are local to the area.

Wolfs bears added make hiding in woods for long periods more dangerous.

i think that another great feature would be add in player control parachutes again for jumping from planes and heli's

add parachutes to the loot table so if you jump without one<splat>

i think dayz should have the ability to tow vehicles but require a winch that can only be found via loot spawn, or built then attached to vehicles and allow you to tow, or 1 or 2 tow trucks per map.

my final idea i have would to add batteries to cars if the car sits too long battery goes dead and you have to use a generator to jump the car add in alternators and require them to be replaced every so often or starters add more parts to all vehicles so they are easier to repair but require more specialized parts like if you hit a zombie in a uaz or gaz it damages the quarter panel directly and if you hit it at excessive speed it could damage the frame and require extensive work that could only be done at specific spots on the map or a base and add the ability to craft or build a garage.

Was browsing around on Cheaper than Dirt when I came across a revolver called The Judge.  Chambered to fire both .45 Long Colt and .410 Shotgun shells from an extended cylinder.  I would like to see a few weapons like this, where you could load either a small gauge shotshell or a large caliber bullet (they had other guns, mostly leaver actions that could do the same thing).  I don't own any guns nor am I an expert on them beyond what I learn on the internet after seeing something 'cool' in a game and wanting to know if it's real or not, but could you do what Fallout:NV did?  And by that I mean say you have a .357 revolver, but you could also fire .38 Special rounds from it without any sort of mod (like how the DE can fire .357/.44/.50 with a barrel change out and other mods in between).  Not to make it too easy, but make it a little easier if you find different types of ammo.  For example, it's been suggested many times to add in single shot flare guns, quite a few of these can chamber a 12 gauge shell and fire it (while not recommended due to the flare gun being made mostly of plastic).  Just a curiosity and something to bring up to the Dev's attentions if they're still watching these fourms.

I think a neat feature would be the ability to trap a vehicle,deployable with batteries. say 6 batteries applied with wire would create a 48 hour booby trap on the specified item first 2 people to access the loot would be killed unless disarmed with 65% kill rate during disarm if not owner. or use 10 batteries a wire and scrapmetal for a 96 hour trap with inability to disarm unless owner and 100% chance to kill first 4 survivors who try to steal from it

I also believe we should have 5-6 times the civilian weapons, golf club to aluminum bats. ability to use things like a chair to defend yourself against zeds. give people the ability to climb trees with chance zombies loose interest after a long time ie 5-10 minutes but under 3 minutes they call more towards.

i believe that all arma guns should be in game but require crafting them or at least part of them like say ability to find a burnt out tws but to repair it you require 1 nvg 1 gps a battery and soldering kit.

same for guns the ability to find the trigger mechanism at army base the barrels butt the works. but you require a gun smithing kit to put them together plus a desk. make a desk a craftable item so too with right gear ie tookbox and plywood and logs.

this would allow long term players the small chance to build high end loot but new players would be using  civilian weapons. again when i say ability to build a gun im thinking a barrel for m16 or m4a1 would be .01% chance to spawn. firing mechanism, 0.001. firing pin 0.001 butt/stock 0.01 so on and so forth so it would take you weeks to build 1 gun if your lucky unlucky you would have to trade for it

i think that we should get 4-5 times the variety of food 4-5 times the variety of animals. inclusive of poisonous snakes and spiders, put on wrong pair of shoes and get a bite from a black widow or brown reclous or whatever spider types that are local to the area.

Wolfs bears added make hiding in woods for long periods more dangerous.

i think that another great feature would be add in player control parachutes again for jumping from planes and heli's

add parachutes to the loot table so if you jump without one<splat>

i think dayz should have the ability to tow vehicles but require a winch that can only be found via loot spawn, or built then attached to vehicles and allow you to tow, or 1 or 2 tow trucks per map.

my final idea i have would to add batteries to cars if the car sits too long battery goes dead and you have to use a generator to jump the car add in alternators and require them to be replaced every so often or starters add more parts to all vehicles so they are easier to repair but require more specialized parts like if you hit a zombie in a uaz or gaz it damages the quarter panel directly and if you hit it at excessive speed it could damage the frame and require extensive work that could only be done at specific spots on the map or a base and add the ability to craft or build a garage.

That game sounds like a hassle. If those were implemented then DayZ would loose over half of it's player base. You only need to look at mods like Namalsk to see this. It's a great mod, but the loot scarcity and harsh cold environment scares people off. People just aren't interested in super hardcore games.

Also, am I the only one thinking that soldering military grade equipment is totally unrealistic? I solder stuff myself and I just don't think it's possible to hand fix something like a TWS.

Mountain Dew should make you run faster! For only like a min or 2 tho....... and give bandits some perks! they are as essential as the zombies and heroes, they (we) make the game tense and dangerous, and usually when you kill us, we would probably have good loot

Mountain Dew should make you run faster! For only like a min or 2 tho....... and give bandits some perks! they are as essential as the zombies and heroes, they (we) make the game tense and dangerous, and usually when you kill us, we would probably have good loot

I am going to be that guy.

"Consolidated Weapon Suggestion Thread"

I might not be the best reader in history, but I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with weapons. 

On topic,

I like the idea of finding over under and side by side shotguns, and being able to saw-off the barrels  to reduce weight, increase spread, and increase handling.  It would be a cool option for crafting. 

• Like 1

Here's everything that's in my Bug-Out-Bag and Bug-Out-Van. I'm a prepper.

1) Antibiotics
2) Colloidal Silver's material (Homemade antibiotics: silver+batteries+water)
3) Silver
4) Ductape
5) Suture kit
6) Rope
7) Firesteel (Magnesium bar)
8) Zippo Lighter/ Lighter fluid & bicycle inner tube
9) Army knife (with can opener)
10) Bleach (Water purification)
11) Mess kit
12) Broadheads
13) Deck of cards
14) Sandals
15) Soap x
16) Vaseline
17) Diarrhea pills
18) waterproof notebook/pencils
19) a Stephen King novel
20) Tea tree oil
21) Belt (carried on person)
22) Glock 23 & ammo
23) Aspirin
24) Sleeping bag x
25) Two Man Tent
26) Sun glasses
27) Bowie Knife
28) Canteen kit
29) Cotton ball + vasaline in waterproof container (Firestarter)
30) Collapsible water container (5 gallon)
31) Pepperspray
32) Superglu (Treat cuts)
33) USB x
34) Winter clothing x
35) Earplugs x
36) Tooth brush/Tooth paste x
37) Handkerchief
38) Ziplock bag
39) Surgical mask
40) Tampons (Bullet wound, Gun barrel swabs, black powder patch, any application where fluid needs to be absorbed, mini squegee, delay fuse, fire lighting, particle filter, )
41) Foot powder
42) Hand fan
43) TP
44) naip clippers
45) Vitamins x
46) King James Bible
47) Mosquito net
48) Solar Battery Charger
49) Motorola Two-Way Radio
50) G.I. Canteen, Canteen Cup, Canteen Stove, Canteen carrier (straps?)
51) Straight Razor
52) Coconut oil or Olive oil
53) Pemmican (Concentrated fat & protein 80/20) Long shelf life. 10 years or so.
54) safety pins [small] (use as surgical staples, fish hook, resizing pants, clothes, pin a backpack, dig out a splinter, open locks, cure splinter, lancing blister, hanging clothes to dry)
55) Tweezers
56) Suture kit: Needle driver, thread, needle, (hemostat: clamping up vessels, separating tissues), tissue forceps, syringe+needle, curved scissor
57) socks & underwear
58) Protective goggles
59) Dustmask/Facemask
60) keroscene lamp
61) Kindle (+solar charger)
62) MSR Sweetwater filter
63) Sandbags
64) Foldable Chinese Shovel
65) Advil/Tylenol
66) First aid manual
67) Foam sleeping mat/pad
68) Passport
69) Rubberbands to tighten pants legs
70) Hat/ball caps/boonie/korean army hat
71) Fisherman's vest/Trench coat/Ghillie suit
72) Ghillie suit
73) Glock 19 or Glock 17
74) Honey or sugar (dress wound, induce healing)
75) Ruger 101LR, Mark II
76) Poncho

Edited by Day Unit

Wow. And that ladies and gentlemen is what we call 100% overkill.

What are you prepping for, the invasion of a new comfortable life?

• Like 1

A perk because we get loot when we kill you?? Well you got all that loot by killing others, thats the point of being a bandit. You dont need a perk in addition. It would make KoS even more common than it is right now.

I kill everybody on sight and it is a huge advantage.

That said a realistic perk would be survivors getting the shakes for 2 minutes after they kill a player (bandit/survivor/hero). After the 2nd or 3rd player they don't get shakes anymore.

EDIT: This is NOT the thread for this topic. Sorry. Hey how about a Savage 69RXL pump action shotgun!? Yeah that'd be sweet. Download .3DS model.

Edited by dut

Weapons:

Assault Rifles:

-AEK-971

-SR 3 Vikhr

-PPD 34/38/40

-AMD 65

Sniper Rifles:

-Dragunov SVD,

-VSS

Pistols:

-CZ75,

-GSH 18

Vehicles:

-VAZ 2106

----------------------------------

of course this, + weapons from the mod

I picked some eastern european weapons that should be found in Chernarus

Edited by Gdaddy22

just add the basics for now, a few new type of weapons and the hunting system, no need to add 80 stuffs thats will not have any impact in the game besides the laggy and shitty performance cuz of useless things that the server will have to load..

• Like 1

General CDF (Chernarus Defense Force) equipment.

AK-47.

AK-74

AS-Val,

Aek 971.

Makarov Pistol.

Dragunov SVD.

Browning HP.

RPG-7

RPG-18

AK-74U

Civilian Weaponry:

Mauser K98 (WW2 Era)

DB Shotgun 12 gauge.

Tokarev Pistol.

Mauser C96.

CZ550.

MP-155 Civ Shotgun

4929500.jpg

VP0-211

22.LR AK47

3835413.jpg

Russian M4

5192996.jpg

A Saiga (AK based) top. And a Tigr (SVD based) bottom. These rifles come under a number of calibers:

2217462.jpg

MTs-7 Shotgun

712iu.jpg

MTs-110

11012r.jpg

MTs-22 (bottom) and MTS-558 (top). The later is a civilian version of the military ASh-12 made by KBP. 

5194578.jpg

TOZ-34

1979213.jpg

LoS-7 Chambered in 308.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzua.jpg

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 1

Blowtorch, can be used with propane tank for quick quick scrapping of cars parts.

Eg. Cut bonnet of car in seconds.

Then go stick it on you car with a working engine.

Rope (like we have now) : but an additional use for transporting heavy & large equipment like car hood, I find dragging stuff with a rope is the best way to move things like tree branches :) gives you leverage as well.

Mauser C96

• Like 1

Probably some or all of these have been mentioned at some point in this 37 page thread already but my 2 cents:

The PPSH41 Sub-Machine gun.

Drum-fed Magazine / Box Magazine

Long reload, Higher likelihood of weapon jamming especially with the drum magazine

PPSH41.jpg

AK47 type 56

Assault Rifle

Standard magazine/Drum magazine

Folding Stock

1AK47-012618.jpg

Nagent Revolver

cylinder fed, manual reload

43NAGANT-012162.jpg

Bereta model 34

Magazine fed

37BERETTA-012597.jpg