seizethedayz

Wild Plants

Wild Plants

Wouldn't it be cool if there were 10, 20, maybe even 100 different varieties of wild plants growing throughout the map?

Plants that you could use for medicine, for food, and even some poisonous look-alikes you'd have to look out for?

• Maybe there could even be a plant identification guide? It would function sort of like a map, you have to find it in the world. It could provide a HUD indicator (green/red outline?) of what plants are useful vs. harmful.

There could even be a medicine pouch that would allow you to store up to 20 herbs, sort of how the ALICE pack lets you store weapons and ammo.

I think this would add more depth on the medical side, and would open up a new market for trading between players. If one player needed a certain herb he could trade food, drink, or ammo for it.

Edited by seizethedayz
  • Like 7

cool idea! I have heard stories of certain herbs that are equal to the best drugs science has to offer. For example in africa there is a herd that heals burns as good as modern drugs.

This idea is pretty awesome.

Right now, the woods dont provide any real challenge to the survivalist, this could defintely change it.

I think there are plans for some kind of wild-life allready, and this could fit right into it.

However, I think less then 10 type of species is more then enough, considering the amount of injuries one can have which can be fixed by herbs.

And this is one of the good ideas on this section... hope it wont get lost under all the garbage threads that pop up every 5 minutes.

Have some beans.

Yeah, there was a plant in mario that let you shoot fireballs, that would be cool!

haha no but all joking aside it's a good idea. Not high priority of course but should be considered.

These plants should definitely not be common and definitely allow the ability to take/use the wrong plants as well which could sickness and such. If you want to use plants, best know what you're doing.

yeah good idea i would like to find pot and smoke it to chill teh fark out or perhaps you could find a bucket and bottle and make a bucket bong and get mad baked

Good idea but do you know how many people actually know what plant is used for what?

Maybe you should read the OP again?

Hint: Line with square in front of it.

Should be a book type of thing plants listed.. or several books.

Edited by Zeppa

Like this idea, but no red/green indicator on the HUD. Why not having to find out for yourself which plants are good or bad and having to recognize them by the look of them ?? It should be a part of crafting, combine a plant with water and a empty bottle and you have a med that can be used to cure pain, as antibiotics... Or a deadly poison to offer at your worst ennemy ahah :)

Combined with notes you could fool people into drinking those poisons ahah :)

And by making meds more rare in the world, people would have to look for those ressources and maybe it will add more trading between the player ?

Edited by Bat

I love this idea, as an avid TES fan some alchemy or herb lore would go a long way in this game. I was thinking about staying out of cities, living off wild animals, canteened water etc but I thought to myself: How would I patch myself up if I got careless or unlucky? If this was implmented it would be fantastic to live off the land 100%, avoiding the cities completely.

so, we would need a nice way to spot herbs, but we would need to identify them better at our inventories than in the wild, and we would need to experiment to understand what they do and the combinations we could make

Yeah I love this idea, adding bushes where you can collect berries for food and mushrooms too, but eat the poisonous ones and youll need to cure urself with herbs like mentioned.

These plants as well as providing any medical requirement, should also add a lot more ways to feed your character than just tins of beans, or half a cow.

Poison would work well to spike a blood pack/meals as a trap or a weapon. And could be used for crossbows and bows too.

The Resident Evil "inspect" inventory view (I think it does it in Skyrim too) could be really handy in identifying leaves/fruits

to add more learning to it, certain mixtures, in certain quantities should have varying potency, even different effects from the same two plants!

Upon further thought and discussion with team mates, the best way to handle the inventory would for the herbs to be collected in a seperate pouch. This would be located on your tool belt, you would access it the same way you would a pack. Also needed would be a mortar and pestle, which could also go into the tool belt or in the side inventory.

cool idea! I have heard stories of certain herbs that are equal to the best drugs science has to offer. For example in africa there is a herd that heals burns as good as modern drugs.

Yep called Weed

Probably because that drug is made from the herb.