#BASEDGOD

The one and only: Hackers rustled my jimmies thread.

What kind of punishments are in place for all of these hackers popping up? I'm reading all of these threads in the cheat reporting subforum and I'd probably quit the game if I got teleported in the air by some small-dicked neckbeard who wants to ruin people's fun.

What kind of punishments are in place for all of these hackers popping up? I'm reading all of these threads in the cheat reporting subforum and I'd probably quit the game if I got teleported in the air by some small-dicked neckbeard who wants to ruin people's fun.

Obviously, it would be counter productive to discuss what is going to happen before it happens.

All I can say is that I am thankful that this early in Alpha we have been able to collect so much data on who, what, when, where, and how the hacking is occurring.

It might sound weird, but if it was a couple of isolated incidents we probably would not have been able to get the resources devoted to it we have. Better a disaster to galvanize change.

Ye just got hopped in to air on FR 7 as well, guy called [FC]Co_0d4n1 yelled on chat FLY LIKE AN EAGLE! and 30 sec later poof in the air and died. Lost my nvgs and gps's and all that...

then 30 min later while I was running he did it again...

But this effects not only DayZ, the core game Arma 2 aswell...isnt it.

The only real way to stop hackers is to be so proactive, so on top of hacking that the paysites that develop these hacks find it's not financially viable to do so.

We're talking updating counter hacking protocols within hours of new hacks, effective punishments, etc.

Very few have ever succeeded at this...

But this effects not only DayZ' date=' the core game Arma 2 aswell...isnt it.

[/quote']

Indeed, however if you are hacked in a game of Arma II and are killed... That sucks, respawn/find a new server and continue.

Someone hacks you in DayZ and you die. You lose hours of progress.

It's somewhat more acute in a game like this.

The database faithfully records everything :)

only DayZ' date=' the core game Arma 2 aswell...isnt it.

[/quote']

Indeed, however if you are hacked in a game of Arma II and are killed... That sucks, respawn/find a new server and continue.

Someone hacks you in DayZ and you die. You lose hours of progress.

It's somewhat more acute in a game like this.

What I want to say is that Arma 2 isnt in alpha state and since DayZ is just a mod it is using the same anti-cheat protection. It seems it is a core problem.

This game is going to shit.

everytime me and my squad get good shit, we're teleported into the air and lose it all. This godamn hacking need to be dealt with before the community dwindles down to nothing but cheaters and hackers (already getting that way on the atlanta servers).

It seems that you cant even join a server now without being teleported into the air or gunned down by a npc that some scallywag has spawnhacked.

My friends refuse to play this game anymore, because they're always dying by hackers when they start to get good stuff.

This will be the 5th time i've lost my stuff like this and i just refuse to play this game anymore because i don't know if i'll get hacked and have to start all over again.

Please do something about the hacking before this turns into fucking dark eden.

Thank you.

Have a bit of solace in the fact that your real life isn't shitty enough for you to go out of your way to shit on people online to make yourself feel better.

Hacking is getting incredibly out of hand it seems like. Random npcs, people with 30 satchel charges, getting tele'd into the air ect ect. Is there any way to stop this or at least... are the devs aware of how bad its getting, my last 3/5 deaths have been from hacking. I dont understand how scum of the earth get any pleasure out of this to be honest.

this is alpha.

you are tester not a player.

all cheating shits will be fixed from battleye side eventually.

suck it up and don't give exploiters your delicious tears, you only amusing them.

65 hours in and I have yet to die in this manner. Try different servers.

this is alpha.

you are tester not a player.

all cheating shits will be fixed from battleye side eventually.

suck it up and don't give exploiters your delicious tears' date=' you only amusing them.

[/quote']

Quit talking shit man. He's bringing up a real concern.

It will be dealt with, Rocket said he's gathering data on this bullshit.

Just grin and bear it right now. It's all for a good cause.

Imagine yourself as a basement-dwelling nergin, ugly as sin with a neckbeard filled with cheetoh dust. Your life has been spent waging a daily war against your natural urge to mate with a female with 10/10 titties, an ass a swimmer would be happy to dive into and a beautiful face with eyes that just say "I need your cock in me!" and the fact that you are a fat, pale, zit-faced neckbeard with man titties.

You'd be pretty pissed off at the world too.

Imagine yourself as a basement-dwelling nergin' date=' ugly as sin with a neckbeard filled with cheetoh dust. Your life has been spent waging a daily war against your natural urge to mate with a female with 10/10 titties, an ass a swimmer would be happy to dive into and a beautiful face with eyes that just say "I need your cock in me!" and the fact that you are a fat, pale, zit-faced neckbeard with man titties.

[/quote']

Stereo type much?

Imagine yourself as a basement-dwelling nergin' date=' ugly as sin with a neckbeard filled with cheetoh dust. Your life has been spent waging a daily war against your natural urge to mate with a female with 10/10 titties, an ass a swimmer would be happy to dive into and a beautiful face with eyes that just say "I need your cock in me!" and the fact that you are a fat, pale, zit-faced neckbeard with man titties.

[/quote']

Stereo type much?

no that sounds about right to me

You just need to find a sever that actually has a community attached to it aka Admins that have a IRC so you can get help FAST

Huh....I haven't run into any hackers yet myself unless you count duped tents and I can't even confirm if they are duped. To be honest duped tents are to easy, I've duped them by mistake just trying to find a place to drop one.

He's bringing up a real concern like an asshole and making loud-mouthed demands as if this were a retail game. "Fix it now" bullshit doesn't belong here. The whole point to Alpha is to dig into issues like this, get at the root of them, and come up with long term, stable, workable and scaleable solutions.

If you're not patient enough to wait for those kind of fixes, which can take a ton of time to research let alone implement, then you can fuck right off and play another game until DayZ is Beta or Final.

Besides, a single search would have turned up plenty of other threads and all the information about what the devs are doing that he could want.

^^^ what he said.

I have almost 72 hours of play time and still haven't died to a hacker or seen evidence of one.

He's bringing up a real concern like an asshole and making loud-mouthed demands as if this were a retail game. "Fix it now" bullshit doesn't belong here. The whole point to Alpha is to dig into issues like this' date=' get at the root of them, and come up with long term, stable, workable and scaleable solutions.

If you're not patient enough to wait for those kind of fixes, which can take a ton of time to research let alone implement, then you can fuck right off and play another game until DayZ is Beta or Final.

Besides, a single search would have turned up plenty of other threads and all the information about what the devs are doing that he could want.

[/quote']

Where do you see any loud-mouth demands in my post.

I guess please fix the hacking is being an asshole and making loud-mouth demands.

Read some threads bro, we know it will be fixed in the future. Rocket even posted in my thread about what EXACTLY is going to happen to the hackers, which he eluded to being something he isn't going to tell us for the time being.

I heard stories of hackers setting entire towns on fire. I think it would be awesome to have seen that. Even if I died, it would have still been one of those things where it was 'cool to have been there' when it happened.

When it is just straight up griefing, that is just stupid and pointless and I hope it stops.