andrewmont

Dragging dead bodies.

Ah, I knew the entrenching tool was a foldable shovel but I didn't realise it would be suitable for digging man-sized holes. Fair enough then, if the e-tool was required to bury bodies then that would be perfect.

well it sucks ass to dig Big holes with it. Did it alot in my basic training. i would love to be able to dig Fox holes ingame.

• Like 1

You can drag LIVING bodies in DayZ. We're talking about dead ones.

You can drag ANY body in arma2, alive or dead.

Sorry for gravedigging, but this idea deserves to get more attention!

Strange that it has not been implemented yet.

Body hiding option should be removed and replaced with option to drag the body. So you can't just hide the body and walk away anymore. You have to find a bush/tree/etc and drag it there.

• Like 1

+1000 great idea. This reminds me of Metal gear solid. We could use loads of things from those games especially the third one which was survival orientated.

eg:

Human sheilds

CQC

catch spiders and snakes alive then use as weapon to throw at enemy

choke grab, cut throat, interogate

punch kick combo

Healing mechanic

directional microphone for listening to surroundings

stomach grumbling when hungry, (could alert enemies)

Edited by freeman83

+1000 great idea. This reminds me of Metal gear solid. We could use loads of things from those games especially the third one which was survival orientated.

eg:

Human sheilds

Those features would be okay, but I think that for DayZ mod only body dragging would be possible :P

I think it would be easy to code. Just paste unconscious body dragging code to dead body code. And remove "hide body" option completely.

Hopefully it'll be implemented soon, I've taken a break from Day Z till the stand alone besides some occasional playtime :) stuff like this being added would be good to freshen up the mod till standalone.

This should definitely be implemented.

If you really want to get rid of a body, to hide evidence, there should be a way to burn them with a jerrycan and a box of matches.

Drag the body to a secluded spot, set it on fire, it burns for a minute or two, then the body would become an unlootable skeleton, and there would be no flies noise.

Agreed

eg:

Human sheilds

CQC

catch spiders and snakes alive then use as weapon to throw at enemy

choke grab, cut throat, interogate

punch kick combo

Healing mechanic

directional microphone for listening to surroundings

stomach grumbling when hungry, (could alert enemies)

I loved that game by far my favorite mgs game. I think this would be a bit complicated for a mod but I think in the stand alone it would be a fantastic idea

Edit: woo 100th post

Edited by whosknowswho

Put a primed grenade under the body of a dead guy. If you turn him over to examine his stuff then the nade goes boom. That'd be a neat booby trap...

If this feature is implemented, I will make a fort of dead bodies..for strategic purposes of course :rolleyes:

I like this idea would be nice to see some players hiding their tracks would make the game harder or even placing a trap on the body beartrap or trip mine or satchel charge maybe but would we be completly vunrable while dragging the body like using both hands or like a hand gun out just a thought never the less have some beens great idea

Take the body to electro docks and dump it in the water?

:ph34r:

Edited by GOD™

Take the body to electro docks and dump it in the water?

:ph34r:

Take the body into a pond to infect the watersupply!

:ph34r:^2

I like this idea would be nice to see some players hiding their tracks would make the game harder or even placing a trap on the body beartrap or trip mine or satchel charge maybe but would we be completly vunrable while dragging the body like using both hands or like a hand gun out just a thought never the less have some beens great idea

I reckon it'd make most sense to either drag the body with both hands increasing speed or be able to use one but hold a sidearm :) hadn't actually thought about that. Definitely hope rocket sees this and puts it in SA though.

I reckon it'd make most sense to either drag the body with both hands increasing speed or be able to use one but hold a sidearm :) hadn't actually thought about that. Definitely hope rocket sees this and puts it in SA though.

I hope he does add it would make things interesting making traps or infecting water supplys

Another thing you can do with this, is if the body was bleeding when it died, if you hide it, it leaves a very slight noticeable blood trail to where you dragged it.. just an idea :D

It's a nice idea and you have my beans, but this feature wouldn't be able to be carried over onto the standalone due to Germany's very stringent ratings system (and is a contributing factor as to why bodies in ARMA 3 Alpha cease to ragdoll seconds after death without the use of mods).

I haven't been on in a few months, is it possible to drag unconscious bodies?