Mysticales

Week 3 Ivan and Martin arrested. Show them you care

sorry, i would sign but im too busy working to save money for dayz standalone.

The time it took you to post that message would have been enough time to sign.

Can this guy have to pay twice for the standalone?

• Like 2

Hey for those not looking to Tweet. (Which I can understand as I am not a social network type of girl myself) There is a QUICK alternative on the main http://www.helpivanmartin.org/ site. Name, Email, Comment petition. Very simple to sign and show your support.

Signed!

Then you may refrain from participating.

Why such a reaction to a valid question? In all honesty, these two people are unknown to us, except through their public profiles, and what Rocket says about them. None of us, Rocket included, are in possession of any actual facts about this case. It is entirely possible that one or both of these men have been engaging in espionage. It is equally possible that this is some horrendous overreaction by the Greek authorities.

As long as the tone doesn't become disrespectful, any participation should be welcome.

• Like 1

http://www.helpivanmartin.org/

^

Signed

I feel sick about someone who has no time to write his name down there, but still has time to type 2 comments here on "lunch break" REALLY?

I would be willing to donate the 10$ if it would help getting these guys back to their families... someone is saving for standalone... omfg..

I hope that we get enough pressure through media and guys released!

Edited by Zeppa

I just signed the petition, I will try my best to spread the word to my subscribers and youtube friends. I might not have alot of subscribers

only 10,000 but i will try my best to get the word out. Let's all unite!!!

Have BIS reveived a ransom note yet, obviously both a being held hostage, in an absurd and vendictive abuse of power.

Also /signed

Hi,

I have written a letter direct to our federal chancellor Angela Merkel, to let her know, what´s going on.

I´m from Germany and a european, so I´m involved in the financial problems greek has; whole Europe is.

Maybe Mrs. Merkel get´s, that greek is frustrated and helpless in this whole financial situation and is doing wrong in case of Ivan and Martin, hopefully!

Regards.

Edited by TR!PLE

Why such a reaction to a valid question? In all honesty, these two people are unknown to us, except through their public profiles, and what Rocket says about them. None of us, Rocket included, are in possession of any actual facts about this case. It is entirely possible that one or both of these men have been engaging in espionage. It is equally possible that this is some horrendous overreaction by the Greek authorities.

As long as the tone doesn't become disrespectful, any participation should be welcome.

You can't be serious right? I mean, right? You are making yourself look like an enormous retard and very disrespectful to them and their families.

You are basically saying that at least one of those guys earlier in their life decided to pursue a game developing career so that several years later he could have the one in a million chance to specifically work on a military simulator that takes place in a Greek island so that he can go there take some useless pictures of a place with absolutely no relevance on the geopolitical world scheme. All of that just to have an excuse that he did so because he was interested in the place regarding the military simulator he was working on. In top of all that you also assume that he made false friendships with rocket and other people as well as implying that any world government would need a spy "cold war style" to get information of that place.

Keep going with your theories dude.

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Like 1

Wow, our community is now signing the petition and sending prayers

A whole lotta use a 'prayer' is going to do :I

I completely agree this has been blown up out of all proportion. Personally I don't buy the story of how they just happened to be out there on holiday, but like I said, the punishment doesn't fit the crime and Greece are making too much of a trivial thing. However... we see miscarriages of justice around the world all the time, where heads of each country condemn actions by foreign governments; discounting multi million dollar ransoms and all out war, that is as high as you can go when it comes to swaying government decisions. Does it ever change anything? No. I can't believe any of you really, I mean really believe a few thousand pleas from upset gamers on tha internetz will have any influence whatsoever. Maybe i'm just too old and jaded to remember the infinite hope of youth, but i'm old enough to know that common sense will prevail eventually, regardless.

The best I can do is wish them all the luck in the world. Not just because i'm a humane person, but because i'm a selfish person, and want those authentic military structures to make my Arma 3 experience that little bit better.

• Like 1

Signed, tweeted, the lot! This is absurd! How can't the officials see this matter from out perspective? It's putting a bad light onto Greece's already current bad state!

A whole lotta use a 'prayer' is going to do :I

Couldn't hurt, right? I'm sure these guys would be glad to know folks are praying for them. Something tells me this isn't the place for theological criticisms.

Also looking at this place on Google Maps, there is NOTHING there. There is a single airport with one runway, and a couple buildings. Are these buildings RIGHT NEXT to the runway they landed on the big deal?!? I think it's more of a distraction from the sorry state their country is in than a real issue (sadly it has become a real issue for these gentlemen and their families). Now I'm willing to bet they did take some pictures of things they probably shouldn't have, but no more so than any other person who is interested in military type things. But what do you expect from a county that's electing Nazis to parliament.

I hope that the charges are dropped and that they get out soon, however i have never really understood these types of things where people say "free this person free that" if they really didnt do anything then they will be set free if not then they will serve the time and eventually get out depending on the charges that were placed against them. Also its not like the judges in greece or any judge for that matter are gonna look at a signed petition or post with alot of likes and say this person was well known and liked you shall be set free.

Unless if you're arrested in North Korea or China, then it really is possible to just breathe and be arrested.

• Like 1

will this incident impact the dayz or arma3 release date in any way???

*edit* another interessting question. will the jailtime be counted as work hours?

Edited by nebu
  • Like 1

Unless if you're arrested in North Korea or China, then it really is possible to just breathe and be arrested.

yaaaaay, europeans looooove to be judged by us world police mofos! who got 5% of world population but waste 30% of our resources!

---------------UPDATE-----------------------

Here is a interview with one lawyer who's on the case. "Mr. Badger" was so kind to translate the czech original to english and post it on Armaholic. Please read it.

Are your clients tourists or was their visit on the island purely work related? According to the media, they told the investigators that they were collecting material for ArmA 3 computer game on Lemnos. Then their employer Bohemia Interactive posted a press release that the two men weren't send there on business.

I have the file in front of me and believe me, both arrested testified from the beginning that they are in Greece on vacation. They stated, that they knew Lemnos due to their work, and because of that they chose it as their holyday destination. They never said to the investigators that they are there on business. Everybody tries to connect their visit on the island with the ArmA game. That however isn't true. They didn't come there to take photos of the environment for the game. They use modern technology for that, which has better quality. For the game were used snapshots from Google Earth, satelites and other publicly accessible resources.

So why did they take photos of the objects that are prohibited to be shot?

My clients were just viewing the island, on their camera there is approximately 150 common tourist photos. Than there is one video, from which the investigators took 14 snapshots. There can be seen military air field. But that video was shot from the car while driving.

Did they know they are shooting restricted object?

There can be seen one sign on the video, informing that this object can't be photographed. The thing is, that as they were driving, they didn't notice the first sign. At the moment they saw the second sign, they stopped filming.

Despite of this they were charged of espionage?

Yes, according to the investigators, they were in possession of the material, that can endanger the national security of Greece. As I already said, the material in question is only that one short video. Also they filmed object, that is very easily visible and accessible to the public. Air field and the military buildings are near to the public communications. Anybody passing by can see what's going on inside the base. Charge of espionage means, that someone has to try to collect and get away secret information out of the country. My clients weren't hiding anywhere, nor they tried to infiltrate restricted areas. Their photos also doesn't contain any secret information. It is clear, that their intention wasn't spying, it was just a mistake. So they shouldn't be charged of espionage, but only of taking photos of military objects without permision, which is much less serious charge.

Does the Greek prosecution have enough evidence to bring the arrested to the trial?

By the Greek law, it is not neccessary to collect evidence during the investigation, for the prosecution only hint of a crime that the subject might commit is enough. Only at the trial there has to be evidence presented. For the court could be interesting only that 14 shots captured from the video.

Why is the case being judged so seriously? Are the Greeks so sensitive about their military objects?

Lemnos is a strategic island, Turkey is close from there, so there are a lot of soldiers guarding the objects. Another thing is that there was already a dispute about the ArmA game last year, which raised many critic reactions. Politicians from Lesbos interpelled in the parlament on this topic. Minister of the defence at the moment claimed, that they had surveyed the whole ArmA 3 project and hadn't found anything, that would harm the interests of Greece. He also added, that with the current technology, it is impossible to stop images of the Greek territory being captured. Nevertheless the affair caused that the security service is even more touchy.

Are you in contact with the both arrested? How are they psychologically feeling?

They are in prison, nobody would feel good in their situation, but they try to be strong and have faith in the justice, they belive, that Greece is a lawful state.

What are your next steps as their attorney?

We want to appeal for their release, so they can be investigated while keep their freedom. It may take several days before it is determined. It can go both way. Either prosecutor will say they will stay in prison till the court takes place, or he may set a bail.

How long can it take to close the case?

It can take one week or one year. By Greek law, the trial has to be set at the latest in 18 months, until then they might stay in prison.

---------------------------------------- My friends are in prison / Help Ivan & Martin -----------------------------------

1. Send a twitter message to the Prime Minister of Greece (@primeministergr) letting him know we want Ivan and Maxel returned to their families immediately. This is probably one of the most public and obvious things you can do to help. Social Media works.

2. Call, write, or visit your nearest Greek Embassy (click the link for a list). Let them know what they have done is wrong, and that you want them released. Be civil, but be honest. We don’t stand for this in the part of the world I come from.

3. Spread the word, let everyone know. Please forward my post on, and these links, to anyone who might be able to help. For more information you can visit my friends website at http://www.helpivanmartin.org/

4. Let the local press on the island know what you think on their facebook page, and their twitter @LesvosNet. Read some of the comments on this article for an idea of what is going on. Let’s end it exactly where it all started in the first place!

Edited by PurePassion
  • Like 2

will this incident impact the dayz or arma3 release date in any way???

*edit* another interessting question. will the jailtime be counted as work hours?

I would hope they get paid extra for being imprisoned :P

You can't be serious right? I mean, right? You are making yourself look like an enormous retard and very disrespectful to them and their families.

You are basically saying that at least one of those guys earlier in their life decided to pursue a game developing career so that several years later he could have the one in a million chance to specifically work on a military simulator that takes place in a Greek island so that he can go there take some useless pictures of a place with absolutely no relevance on the geopolitical world scheme. All of that just to have an excuse that he did so because he was interested in the place regarding the military simulator he was working on. In top of all that you also assume that he made false friendships with rocket and other people as well as implying that any world government would need a spy "cold war style" to get information of that place.

Keep going with your theories dude.

No, I'm saying that we don't know jack about what's going on here. Therefore, we aren't qualified to dismiss EITHER side of the story.

I didn't put forward any theories, I simply said that the two sides presented are both plausible. Where have I been disrespectful to anyone involved?

• Like 3

This is just stupid Greece politics gone mad, why would the police not use there brains.

I hope Ivan and Martin come home and this mess gets sorted out asap

//Signed...

• Like 3

This is completely rediculous. It's a disgrace for my country....

They should be freed asap

Edited by Zarniwoop