Mysticales

Week 3 Ivan and Martin arrested. Show them you care

Im sorry but you must obey rules in a different country

but ill sign anyway

Idiot, they were breaking no rules, you are allowed to take photos, and even if they were suspicious, the devs had a good reason, they are working on the most realistic military simulation game that greece itself uses for running training programs, as do other countries, so they were doing nothing wrong.

Did this many people really not read any articles? They weren't even researching for their game!

They were on an actual vacation, visiting the place their game is based on. They were paying their respects, if anything.

LET THEM GO!

Edit:

Also, what could Greece possibly have that they need to keep secret? I mean... cmon. -_-

Edited by venom110

I would maybe consider helping if you would update this freakin mod.

Great fucking attitude...

• Like 3

Idiot, they were breaking no rules, you are allowed to take photos, and even if they were suspicious, the devs had a good reason, they are working on the most realistic military simulation game that greece itself uses for running training programs, as do other countries, so they were doing nothing wrong.

Well it is as the lawyer explained, illegal to take pictures of military installations or areas. I think most countries have that law. I know that Norway has them, but I think they only confiscates the equipment and give them a fine. I agree that the reaction is quite blown out of proportion, but we must remember that it is a contested island. The dispute going between Greece and Turkey as the island is in the middle between the two countries and hold a strategic importance, but yeah, let them go. They are not spies. Let them go home to their families

• Like 3

Did they know they are shooting restricted object?

There can be seen one sign on the video, informing that this object can't be photographed. The thing is, that as they were driving, they didn't notice the first sign. At the moment they saw the second sign, they stopped filming.

now it's starting to make sense

Edited by daze23

Hey if anyone has some good skill in a "Faxable" letter that people could send to their Greek Embassy. I could link it in the 1st post. Then people would only need to print it out, sign, date and fax it. So anyone here skilled with good letters to politicians or elected leaders?

• Like 1

Wait wait wait: 20 years for taking some photos...but no sentences or arrests for the millions of tax avoiding

Greek citizens....AND their PM has a twitter page...something is fishy here xD

• Like 3

Signed up and left a message.

Keep your chin up guys, you have a mass of dedicated Arma / Dayz fans behind you, pushing the cause for your release.

will this incident impact the dayz or arma3 release date in any way???

*edit* another interessting question. will the jailtime be counted as work hours?

Only if they take pictures of the jail to enhance the game.

Unless if you're arrested in North Korea or China, then it really is possible to just breathe and be arrested.

well that might be true every country has a different set of rules but i mean i dont get the whole point of this petition, hes asking people to sign a petition to free his friends, just because a hundred thousand users sign this petition doesn't mean they are gonna get out any quicker and im pretty sure the attorney isn't going to see look at this petition and say hey look all these people care about them please free my clients. If they are innocent they will be set free if they really did the crime then they will do the time.

Edited by keosan24

So anyone here skilled with good letters to politicians or elected leaders...

...in Greek?

Sadly one must follow the laws of whatever country they are in at any particular time. If filming a military instalation is against the law in Greece then clearly the guys violated the law and must adhere to the legal system in that country. They'll be out in a few months, maybe a year or so.

Unfortunately no amount of signatures is going to free then any sooner than what it takes to be ran through the courts.

Edited by Hydrocodone

well that might be true every country has a different set of rules but i mean i dont get the whole point of this petition, hes asking people to sign a petition to free his friends, just because a hundred thousand users sign this petition doesn't mean they are gonna get out any quicker and im pretty sure the attorney isn't going to see look at this petition and say hey look all these people care about them please free my clients. If they are innocent they will be set free if they really did the crime then they will do the time.

How ignorant are you, speacially the last line?

ot: You must think that america has great justice system..

Actually, it could help a lot. Greece in is the shit as it is at the moment and has been bailed out financially by many European countries. The last thing they need is more bad publicity. Also, a petition adds weight to their case if they go to court. It's highly unlikely that spies would be able to get thousands of people from a gaming community to vouch for them. Pressure from large groups/communities has helped people in this kind of situation before.

In November 2002 13 "plane spotters" successfully overturned their convictions in Greece after being accused of exactly the same thing.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I think it's really sad they got arrested for such thing, I hope they can get free soon and be with their families again.

And for all the people saying (what goes around comes around).. be human for once.

So i think you guys are all right, let them out but what is really about that Pictures? I Mean we cant know if any pictures are from Millitary bases vehicles or buildings, dont get me wrong i wont that this guys come out of the prison but whats realy about the pictures =)

Ps: Twitterd and Facebooked !!!!

Edited by Private_Gm