Sign in to follow this  
PFSF

Zombies should be more deadly

I think zombies should be more deadly, there should be more of then, but they cant run, they walk a little lower then a human, headshot to kill or lot of shoots to the body to kill and 3 hits of the zombie should kill a survivor. this would make people try to group up more, because people would help their selfs to survive the zombies... and there wouldnt have that shoot on sight thing.

I think zombies should be more deadly,

Happening in standalone. :)

there's a lot of these threads buddy, try to search the most popular and comment there, so to increase its relevance and get what you want actually happen

no fucking way. thats punishing certain play styles like bandit and lone wolf. and the fast easy to kill zombies are actually quit good the head shot zombies would ruin the scares and immersion

fast infected zombies are interesting and can give you a good few scares if they suprise you and they are more plausible then living dead and you feel like your living on the edge.

undead romero zombies are boring been there done that. they just get annoying and you can run from them easily and they pose less of a threat because since they are slow you can line up a good head shot.

things that need to be changed with current zombies: they need to be faster they need to coordinate ambushes and use melee weapons.

they need to be faster

nope

they need to coordinate ambushes

what? brainless zombies coordinate ambushes? Buahahahaha!

use melee weapons

BRAIIIINZZZZ!!!^^

• Like 1

in deadisland the zombies were fast smart and could wield pipes planks and machetes. in the popular zombie book "the enemy" the zombies are smart they appear to have a leader they can use melee weapons and are affected by sunlight

• Like 1

Personally, I'd love this...

If there were about 5x as many zombies but they were slow and had 2 attacks, hitting and biting. Maybe two or three quick hits and you get knocked down (you could take a few more without dying though, maybe they'd deal ~1000 damage), get bitten and you slowly die and turn in to an NPC zombie.

Also, zombies would spawn inside buildings as well as outside.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

I think that Zombies need to have a boost you can't get hit like 50 times in a row and be like 75% health when the stereotypical zombie hits (bites) you once and your screwed. I also think that it would be fun to have different types of zombie with different attributes.

Edit: Zombies should have to have significant damage to their 'Brains' or spinal cords (nervous system) to die. Zombie should be scared of fire, I don't know why but I think that that would be cool have a fire pit to zombie proof an area

Edited by Shrimpy223
  • Like 1

I think that Zombies need to have a boost you can't get hit like 50 times in a row and be like 75% health when the stereotypical zombie hits (bites) you once and your screwed. I also think that it would be fun to have different types of zombie with different attributes.

Edit: Zombies should have to have significant damage to their 'Brains' or spinal cords (nervous system) to die. Zombie should be scared of fire, I don't know why but I think that that would be cool have a fire pit to zombie proof an area

any light and neural impulse could call their attention to a direction, but once getting close to a fire they just stay in a distance until the fire goes away, and if not fire the zombies will try to destroy the light source. Just like Night of the living dead

no fucking way. thats punishing certain play styles like bandit and lone wolf. and the fast easy to kill zombies are actually quit good the head shot zombies would ruin the scares and immersion

fast infected zombies are interesting and can give you a good few scares if they suprise you and they are more plausible then living dead and you feel like your living on the edge.

undead romero zombies are boring been there done that. they just get annoying and you can run from them easily and they pose less of a threat because since they are slow you can line up a good head shot.

things that need to be changed with current zombies: they need to be faster they need to coordinate ambushes and use melee weapons.

Play No More Room in Hell, they are slow, some run, and they just gang up on you, leaving no room to escape, they are very dangerous in groups and they can grab and hold you until you get free, also the kids run very fast but die very easily

Allow them to follow you thru buildings at speed and to not get so easily disorientated by bushes and trees.When you aggro it should be a FUCK SHIT moment.If you aggro one and then make a bad choice and run into a group of infected....you screwed up and you should have to kill them all.Better melee animations and the crossbow will be your plan of attack as they are silent.I also think that when one spots you it screams as its running towards you alerting other infected in a radius around it.Of course the infected should run straight at you making killing them easier to compensate.And since they run straight at you they should hit harder if you allow them to get close. :D

Edited by wolfstriked

Zombies may really be different... But what you suggested are dead island thugs... I usually don't kill them, as they can't get you, and beating them is hard and useless. Zombies won't be a threat then, you will just be able to run through the town without a single shot.

The only change to zeds in terms of abilities is the ability to hit a running player.

Right now a hundred zeds can be chasing me but it doesn't matter as long as I keep moving.

There doesn't need to be more of them, but there could be.

Obviously there are getting redone in standalone so this will likely happen.

Also there are too many of theses damn threads. Search bar people. Some one has to be that guy.

/thread

thanks for the new signature! hahahaha

Or I could just run because the zombies are so slow.

no fucking way. thats punishing certain play styles like bandit and lone wolf.

Fuck Bandits.

As for the lone wolf in a real zombie apocalypse you would team up. For starters the solitdarity would drive you mad and you would be significantly less likely to survive just by yourself.

Make zombies headhot = dead, but 2 makarov mags to the chest might do it too.

Keep them just as fast as they are now, with the ability to hit players while running. (slow down a bit to swing a punch maybe)

Make random bleeding less likely from punches. Add grabbing and biting. Being tackled and bitten = insta bleed

And if you bitch about it being too hard, zombies will start to run faster and grab you first time every time, then EXPLODE!! And proceed to eat all your loot.

EDIT: Even then, they could do with beefing up a bit.

EDIT AGAIN: Lonewolf players should be trying not to aggro a big pile of Zeds. Stealthy manoeuvres are a LOT easier alone.

Edited by Chabowski