borntobewild

When and where from did you heard about DayZ and what forced you to buy it?

Just like the topic title says: when did you heard about dayz and what forced you to buy it?

I was playing standard ArmA II Warfare missions and saw few (8-10) DayZ servers in the server browser and I was wondering what the hell is DayZ. Next day I've typed 'dayz' in Google and downloaded all files. The first 20 hours of DayZ was the most tense gameplay ever:) I remember my first player interaction. It ended with my death haha:)

Youtube being spammed and after a week decided "Yep looks awesome"

• Like 2

I read an article on ihatemmorpgs and they had a destiny video up. I search YouTube found more vids. reminded me of UO in a way and jumped right in! Been loving it since, and a bonus were these forums. Love me some DayZ forums!

• Like 1

lol nobody forced me...just found it on net and some of my RL friends sended me the link like : this is something for u...and they were right..i am adicted..

Friend told me about it.

Saw one youtube video and yeah... i got it.

Looked so gooood

I went to my cousin's house and he took out his laptop, put on his mic, and start playing DayZ with some friends. He started in a building with an AK and shot one zombie, several minutes later it was a horde of zombies. He killed all the zombies close to the door because he was running out of ammo and so he ran out the room and he kept turning back just to see a huge horde of zombies. He was crying to his friends to come and help him on his mic. After a few more seconds you saw a helicopter land, 3 people come out, and shoot the horde of zombies behind my cousin. Then they all piled into the heli and left.

This whole epic moment just let me stunned. I bought the game when I got home.

Later I would learn he was at the NW Airfield and he had an awesome group. Too bad I'm a lone survivor.

• Like 3

I was telling a friend about ZombiU, when he told me about how he liked to watch video on this mod game called DayZ, after watching all SideStrafe videos i felt like i had to buy it

Saw Kilroy's The Days Ahead series and it just looked perfect...

• Like 1

My Brother mentioned it so I watched some youtube gameplay videos. Wasn't expecting to play it much, now its my main addiction.

read an article on kotaku calling it the best zombie game ever made. then i watched some vids and i was sold. i bought it a couple days later :)

I bought DayZ? Hmm, but anyway I have been playing ARMA 2 for a few years and heard about the mod from IGN and Massively and figured I would give it a shot.

• Like 1

Logged into TS like any other night to play BF3 about a month and a half ago and half my crew were in a new channel called "Zombie"...I was like WTF?! I hopped down and asked what was up and Slade says to me "Skin you gotta try this shit" I said no thanks sounds retarded. The next day at work I you tubed some videos about Dayz and thought...ok a game of running...endless running, no thanks. Two days later a friend of mine sent me a link of Sacriel42's squad vids, now THAT caught my attention and I bought arma II and have been playing every day since and will preorder the standalone.

I didn't buy it, it's free.

But I first read about it on the halflife.net forum, then i watched it on youtube, then I downloaded it, bought Arma2 OA on steam, then I played DayZ, then I played OA, then I played DayZ some more.

For free.

(btw, it's free)

• Like 1

RoosterTeeth/Achievement Hunter ... Burnie was showing it off on a "This is ..." and I was like 'Uh how hard could it be?' Saw some other vids on You Tube, it look cool and really how hard could it be everyone is running straight u and have a gun, when Arma II went on sale I grabbed it.

Yea, I joined right after they took away the guns ... it wasn't as easy as everyone made it look either! lol :P

I was mentioning to my coworkers how I wish I had a new zombie game to play.... a more realistic one, and they recommend dayz. After hearing all of the stories of the awesome time they had with it I knew I had to buy arma2 as soon as I got off of work.

I was watching RhinoCRUNCH play it for awhile. I just had to buy arma 2 afterwards, I just wish I heard of arma before then, though.

Edited by jstarkreborn

I saw it on youtube. My friend has been trying to "convert" me from xbox live to PC gaming. Now I've got quite a few PC games and haven't really touched live much anymore.

• Like 2

I saw an ealry version footage on Youtube and didn't really like the look of it. Then a week or so ago some friends of mine dragged me into a Skype call whilst they were playing. Their screams and panics made me piss my pants with laughter so decided to try it out, now I'm addicted.

Just like the topic title says: when did you heard about dayz and what forced you to buy it?

I was playing standard ArmA II Warfare missions and saw few (8-10) DayZ servers in the server browser and I was wondering what the hell is DayZ. Next day I've typed 'dayz' in Google and downloaded all files. The first 20 hours of DayZ was the most tense gameplay ever:) I remember my first player interaction. It ended with my death haha:)

This is basically my experience, too :D

And I still play arma2 occasionally

There I was sharpening my sick sniping skillz in CoD MW3 and BF3 when a buddy told me about an awesome game that allows you to sit on a hill sniping people. I checked out Youtube and told my buddy it looked like it was hard to get geared out and he said "nah man that is for sucka's, we going to cheat like mad hackers with mad skillz." Since I am a sociopath I had no problem with the idea of ruining hundreds of other players day with my sick new hackz, so I threw on God mode and started sniping new players with my AS50 TWS, man I am so great at this game. People can not touch my crew when we are teleporting around the map getting every gun out of our magic box, do not be Jelly of our mad skillz just cause you a sucka.

Just kidding, my buddies and I started seeing a ton of videos and articles about the game online and decided to give it a try sometime in June (I missed the Steam sale), been playing this and other Arma 2 mods ever since (full disclosure I actually do play BF3 and like it, I know it is a sin on this forum but I really do not care).

• Like 4