venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

I could empathise more if he wouldn't have de-whitelisted me. I thought he was a nice guy but my picture of him has changed drastically.

He poses himself as the one and only righteous super admin, who can't entrust his precious Mod to others, and who never would misuse admin powers and the like and the first thing he does to somebody telling him the plain and simple truth is practically banning and ignoring. Pretty lame.

I was just typing a cynic piece of him beeing to emotionally fragile for this world respectively the internet...but what the heck? Good night.

Well he has just effectively closed his mod to me and many others because he is trying to do what he thinks is right. I am able to look past my own disappointment and respect his reasons for doing it. It is quite easy to get emotional about this game. I suggest you give him a little while to cool off and ask to be whitelisted again. His mod is precious to him, you should respect that, not give him 15 reasons why he is stupid for being emotional over it, at a time when he is feeling very vulnerable, because his work has just been violated.

Surrounding yourself with yes men is never a good idea for a leader, however, venthos is also a creative person, an artist even. Let him be passionate about his art and he will make something beautiful for us. If he wants to be angry about people using his work before it is even finished, that is his choice. Possibly not the healthiest choice, but it is his to make.

Somebody vandalized my San Pedro cactus to get high. Should I be able to not be pissed off because I knew that someone would? Let's hope venthos does not do with his mod what I did with my cactus.

Posted my name and guid on the whitelist, do I expect a email or notification? How does this work?

Should I be able to not be pissed off...

It's natural to be pissed. It would be reasonable to get over it quickly. Especially regarding stuff around the internet where people are double the assholes they normally are and options are limited.

Btw, his cactus is still allright. Nobody really touched it.

Let's have it right there. That is my point from the beginning...and all the "reasoning" of the others haven't moved a bit as well. This discussion obviously leads nowhere.

If he gets over himself he's free to whitlist me again. A short notification would be nice. If not I'll just play somewhere else. No big deal. Have fun!

Not sure if this has been brought up before. What do people think about forcing 1st person view? I never play in it because that would put me at a disadvantage but I think it would make the game more realistic. In third person you can look over barriers, watch ur back while running, and makes operating vehicles easier. Sneaking up on someone to chloroform is almost impossible as most people constantly swivel their camera around using alt. 1st person would also force you to actually use the windscreen glass which i just pass up now because who needs it when my camera floats outside of the vehicle. I imagine piloting a helicopter would also be infinitely more difficult, making it harder to scout camps from the sky.

I think the biggest downfall of first person only is that it makes it hard to play for long. I personally get get ill when playing in first person too long, and I've heard this from many others. I agree 3rd person isn't as "realistic" as first person only, but the Field Of View doesn't match up with what a person really sees. Well, the FOV might match up slightly, but a human can move their eyes, and swivel their neck giving them much more control that what is capable in a first person only server. I personally can see my own shoulders in my peripheral vision but while in first person in DayZ can't even see my elbows really.

Perhaps once another server or two are added for Redux, those of us that like 1st person only can have one of them set to 1st only

I think the biggest downfall of first person only is that it makes it hard to play for long. I personally get get ill when playing in first person too long, and I've heard this from many others. I agree 3rd person isn't as "realistic" as first person only, but the Field Of View doesn't match up with what a person really sees. Well, the FOV might match up slightly, but a human can move their eyes, and swivel their neck giving them much more control that what is capable in a first person only server. I personally can see my own shoulders in my peripheral vision but while in first person in DayZ can't even see my elbows really.

I see your point. I just think the benefits of 1st person may out way the cons. In 1st you can still swivel your head side to side while holding the alt key but it does not allow you to look completely behind you without moving your body, as far as I know. Not as intuitive as RL but hey what is. Not sure about how the FOV matches up. I assume that 1st person feels weird just because we've gotten so use to 3rd for this game. I think after awhile we would get used to it, but I've only played a bit in 1st so idk maybe it would always be awkward, just an idea. Also about the 1st person making you sick, you can turn off the screen bob or whatever its called in the menu's. I definitely would not be able to play in 1st person with that on haha nauseating.

Edited by breezy

0.3.0 Released

Please download via links on the main site: http://www.dayzredux.com/download

Release Notes

• Combat system backend rewritten. Should be significantly improved backend and less red chain as a result.
  • Combat timer is now 45 seconds instead of 30 seconds
  • Server side damage reporting removed. Not worth the performance trade off.
  • Fixed zombie death animations (Pulled from DayZ 1.7.3)
  • Fixed function for checking if in buildings (Pulled from DayZ 1.7.3)
  • Fixed some tents (namely at very North or very East locations) from not saving (involves local_deleteObj fix from DayZ 1.7.3)
  • Used concept from DayZ 1.7.3 regarding tent placement limitations, but adjusted/improved upon it. Tents must be on grass/forest and cannot be in OR near buildings.
  • Slightly reduced Hatchet damage just enough so it's no longer a one-hit kill to zombies. (We'll see how it goes, may revert this)
  • A whole bunch of anti-hacker stuff went in. The specifics aren't being revealed as to not make it that much easier to circumvent.
  • Exploit/dupe involving abusing disconnect fixed.
  • Increased the distance in which object interactions can happen by 1 meter (will be easier to inspect vehicles)
  • Removed the manual "Save" action menu item (all saving has been automatic since the first Redux release anyway)
  • Fixed some vehicles/helicopters "insta repairing" (I think!)
  • Part "VRotor" now displays as "Rear Rotor Assembly" in repair menu
  • Part "Glass" now displays as "Glass#" to correspond with the vehicle inspection interface
  • Repair/Inspection action menu items no longer duplicate after repairing a part on a vehicle
  • Tents will no longer slowly creep down hills over the course of server restarts. They will creep ONCE on first restart, then never again.
  • Another tweak to vehicle damage to prevent spazzing out vehicles from causing the server to seize up and everyone sit at "Waiting for character creation"
  • Bear Traps now actually remove instead of leaving behind an invisible trap
  • Bear Trap spawn rate slightly increased
  • Maybe(?) fixed ChernarusRedux buildings occasionally not showing for some people
  • Zombies can now hear all weapons fire 15% further than they previously did
  • Lee Enfield no longer drops from residential/supermarket, Farm only now
  • Winchester no longer drops from residential/supermarket, Farm only now
  • "Wood Piles" removed from residential/supermarket, Farm only now
  • Generic military piles no longer spawn in Industrial
  • General military piles are less common at deer stands (meaning particular guns/items in general will be more likely to spawn)
  • "Automatic Time Sync" disabled (this is what caused the sudden moon changes at night)
  • If you have a "Box of Matches", you can now set fire to tents. This sets them ablaze and flattens them, destroying the contents and ensuring they won't come back next restart.
  • Trash made slightly more common in "food/drink" piles
  • General loot piles now spawn with 1 less potential item per pile.
  • M136 replaced RPG7V. Same spawn location/frequency. Launchers are still broken though. Will look into this next patch.
  • 1st person view is now forced while inside of a vehicle. It's still possible to use 3rd person when outside of a vehicle. (Let's see how this goes)
  • Vodnick armor reduced to be in line with other military trucks (i.e. no longer requires explosives to effectively disable)
  • MH6J armor increased slightly so it's not so fragile.
  • Support for new vehicles added, but new spawn points not yet added. These new vehicles can be added in without a new patch being distributed. I'll post as they are made available.

New vehicle spawns that were in fact added so far:

• Regular HMMWV has 4 spawn points
  • Vodnick MedEvac has had its original spawn point removed and given 2 new spawn points
  • MH-6J Now has another spawn point

Server Changes:

• Both the US and EU server are having peripheral dots removed. It made finding vehicles in forests (especially while flying) an easy thing.

• Like 1

Let the burning of tents begin!!

But one thing.....my hatchet!! Now i will have to get a gun!

Ooh, me likey, well I guess it is time to get whitelisted on this thing! Kinda feel like cheating on my community though :blush:

Ooh, me likey, well I guess it is time to get whitelisted on this thing! Kinda feel like cheating on my community though :blush:

If they truely love you they will understand and want to still be friends...

Still loving this mod especially the addition of being able to burn tents to the ground hehehehe

DayZ Redux 0.4.0

Download it here: http://www.dayzredux.com/download

• Reduced military general pile at Deer Stands further to make guns/tools more common at them.
  • You can no longer force feed yourself. You must be at least 1/4 of the way to blinking food/drink before you can consume food/drink.
  • The "bend down" animation will now only play when attempting to fill a water bottle if you are actually able to fill it.
  • Slight improvement to player loading time
  • Players can no longer take damage while they're still loading in (should stop the "<player> has been killed" while loading in that results in you being sent naked to debug)
  • Bandit models should now show backpacks (Pulled from public DayZ).
  • Can no longer abuse blood bags to spam infinite humanity
  • Vehicle/Tent/Player action menu item should no longer seems to take a while to popup after a clothes change
  • The last thing to damage you when you die should now be logged server-side for review (player + ammo used)
  • Switching skins no longer sets you out of combat server-side.
  • Syncing to the database is no longer possible if you're at the debug spawn location, meaning if you somehow go there a relog should address the problem.
  • Firing at someone now instantly sets them into combat vs. the previous delay of up to 2 seconds.
  • All newly placed tents will use a new tent model. Existing tents will remain as they were.
  • Introduced new loot item called "Nails". Rare spawn in industrial areas.
  • Introduced new persistent storage container called "Storage Box". Created using nails, a toolbox, and wood pile. Holds 4 weapon/tools and 20 items. Can be placed ANYWHERE (unlike tents)
  • Introduced entirely custom "construction" logic, of which the new Storage Box and Nails uses (idea inspired by Stapo's construction system, although mine is entirely custom from scratch)
  • There is now an enforced "play area". The coordinates are X: 0 - 147; Y: 0 - 153.6. If you exceed this boundary, you will be instantly killed. If you're in a vehicle, the vehicle will be exploded as well.
  • New factory located on the West end of the map. Custom designed by Alexander.
  • New survivor style defensible "base" located at Klen mountain. Custom designed by Alexander.
  • Crash random spawning mechanism entirely redesigned and improved to no longer be reliant on having the restart interval hard coded.
  • 5 new crash site designs have been added to Redux. All of them are of varying models (helis, tanks, cars) with unique loot tables (from basic med supplies/food to medium level weaponry). Some have smoke, some don't. Have fun discovering them.
  • Removed backpack dupe 'workaround' since Beta 98866 fixed the dupe problem in the engine. As a result, the auto-refill of mags in backpacks by just opening/close gear side-effect no longer occurs.

Best mod! great atmosphere. thanks Venthos.

Edited by ATHF

Riseeeee from the grave...this is one of the best Mods around...

Ye, that guy said the true.

I liked your work on the dayz-mod and I would like to install your mod on my server. Is it possible?

Edited by argon

@ argon ,

Yes it is Venthos has released Redux to the public here is a link to the download and install instructions on the Redux website

http://forums.dayzre...download-setup/

I see a message "You do not have permission to view this topic."

Edited by argon