venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

Venthos, As of right now, Don't think anyone can log back in.

The bug of getting stuck at "Waiting for Char to Create" is happening again.

And also the helo's have randomly started leaking fuel, and will not stop, despite repairs.

Doing an emergency restart in 5 minutes.

Looks like it's this:

2012/10/15, 18:35:44 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Error: No vehicle has nil characterID"

2012/10/15, 18:35:46 "ERROR: Cannot Sync Character Error: No vehicle has nil characterID"

But I need to get some sleep. Going to make sure all is well and then look into what causes it tomorrow.

EDIT: try now

Edited by Venthos

You can be assured that you will never be retaliated against on any of my servers in any fashion that you or any other player wouldn't be capable of doing the same.

Lol. Thank you. You had me worried. I discovered the boat on the coast near Elektro, and as I sat in it trying to wiggle it free from the sand, I got kicked. I was so worried you were pissed off about it :) Especially since I love your mod!

Edited by Vest

Nothing better than Venthos crashing a helo with all of us into the damn power lines near the power plant in Elektro...and then the Hummers proceeding to run over everyone of us and everyone getting mad as hell for it...lol...oh the things we do as a group....

Tonight its chicken with the vodnik vs. a bus....btw Remus...who fraps'ed the video of Sunday dinner at the NWAF???

• Like 1

Venthos, have there been any bugs about tents disappearing even though they have been saved? Unless I'm getting amnesia, I believe my tent is gone. :(

Hey Vent. When do you think the heli fuel leak situation will be fixed? i was so excited to get a heli. fixed it all up and started fueling to no avail.... :(

Hows the EU server coming? :)

Just got the setup email overnight. Doing some prep work now (downloading ARMA2 and friends) and then when I get home from work I'll do the actual setup. If there are no surprises, it'll be up tonight.

Venthos, have there been any bugs about tents disappearing even though they have been saved? Unless I'm getting amnesia, I believe my tent is gone. :(

I was actually going to scold you about this earlier ;P You had placed your tent out in debug plains/outside the main map. I run a script that deletes any tents/vehicles parked or placed outside the map. If your X or Y grid coord is less than '000', then you're out of bounds and the tent/vehicle will be destroyed within the next few restarts at best if not sooner.

EDIT: Actually in your case you set it up just a hair too far EAST. If your west/east grid ref is > 147 (yours was 147.05) then it's considered out of bounds as well.

Hey Vent. When do you think the heli fuel leak situation will be fixed? i was so excited to get a heli. fixed it all up and started fueling to no avail.... :(

I'm honestly not 100% sure what causes that and if I can do anything about it (since I can't edit the binarized models that control whether stuff leaks or not). I'm also not sure if people just aren't realizing that the heli isn't fully repaired yet, since the "all green" indicators mean pretty much nothing to a helicopter. They only show a very very small fraction of what can be fixed. I've yet to run into a Huey I can't fix/stop leaks, and the MH6J I ran into in this situation I'm pretty sure wasn't following the UH-1H spawn logic in the Bliss Private Server (the base I used for my mod) spawn script and was spawning with car parts claimed as broken instead of heli parts, but that's been fixed as far as I am aware.

All I can say is that neither Huey that's up right now is fully repaired.

Huey #1: Completely destroyed engine, electronics, main rotor, tail rotor

Huey #2: Completely destroyed electronics, very minor (wouldn't affect leaks) motor, glass, and tail rotor damage

So, neither Huey should be holding onto fuel right now since neither is fully repaired. I'll probably add in a feature soon to the action menu to "Investigate Vehicle" that tells you what's broken since the indicators you see as a pilot in a heli show only a fraction of what can be repaired/broken.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

I was actually going to scold you about this earlier ;P You had placed your tent out in debug plains/outside the main map. I run a script that deletes any tents/vehicles parked or placed outside the map. If your X or Y grid coord is less than '000', then you're out of bounds and the tent/vehicle will be destroyed within the next few restarts at best if not sooner.

EDIT: Actually in your case you set it up just a hair too far EAST. If your west/east grid ref is > 147 (yours was 147.05) then it's considered out of bounds as well.

Nooooo! I was told that as long it's inside the tree line it wasn't outside the map :(

5 hours gone!

Edited by Vest

The "out of bounds" coordinates are what all Bliss Private Server hives utilize as out-of-bounds coords. I haven't customized them personally, they're just what comes with Bliss servers in the vehicle script. If they really did nuke your tent that was within the bounds of the map, I'll reimburse your stuff. PM me what you had it in and I'll check the database backups to verify and see about getting whatever was lost back to you.

Hi Venthos,

as I'm getting tired of AS50's and L85's everywhere I'm going to try Redux. I have two questions :).

What is the chance that m14 AIM will come back?

What's the faster war to get whitelisted? Send you PM here or via http://www.dayzredux.com/ ?

Thank you.

dayzredux.com is preferred since I just can update you via email. With a PM, dayzmod.com is so darn slow it takes me a few minutes to load up the PM and then submit the reply. I really need to get DayZ Redux forums up, because dealing with dayzmod.com forums is just excruciatingly slow.

I really need to get DayZ Redux forums up, because dealing with dayzmod.com forums is just excruciatingly slow.

+1 =)

dayzredux.com is preferred since I just can update you via email. With a PM, dayzmod.com is so darn slow it takes me a few minutes to load up the PM and then submit the reply. I really need to get DayZ Redux forums up, because dealing with dayzmod.com forums is just excruciatingly slow.

It's doing my nut in, I thought they'd apparently fixed it, I guess not.

Venthos.....is there a set list of other firearms you can add to the server? I know we had talked about this last night...but I know from seeing the 'hackers med box' there are a variety of M4's I'd love to see..or even the M16s....

I'm just pumped to find out what additions youre making...

Just got the setup email overnight. Doing some prep work now (downloading ARMA2 and friends) and then when I get home from work I'll do the actual setup. If there are no surprises, it'll be up tonight.

EU server is coming .... nice.

EU Server is potentially ready, but I need somebody located in the area who can test for me for a few minutes. Someone please send me an email at:

DISREGARD - I have enough testers for the moment.

(obfuscated so spam bots can't get it)

I only need one person to test for a few minutes.

Edited by Venthos

EU DayZ Redux server is officially up and available for play.

Just search "DayZ Redux" to find it, but its info is:

IP: 87.119.221.66

Port: 2302

IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER TRANSFERRED FROM THE US DAYZ REDUX SERVER, READ BELOW:

-Note that if you choose to transfer your character, it's a ONE WAY transfer. I won't transfer from EU to US.

-As implied by the above, the transfer will result in your US character being KILLED in the database

TO TRANSFER:

[1] Equip your US Character as desired

[2] Login to the EU server at least once so your profile/newbie character is created in the EU server database

[3] EMAIL ME (I will IGNORE PMs since dayzmod.com is so slow) at VENTHOS DAYZREDUX COM

[4] Log off and stay logged off both the US and EU server

[5] Wait for my email reply to tell you you can login to the EU server

You will be given the full compliment of your character's items. But, you will NOT be teleported to where your US character was (to prevent people from getting easy headstarts at NWAF). You will remain where your newbie EU character logged out at.

I will NOT be transferring tents or vehicles to give the EU server some sense of a fresh start.

AGAIN. EMAIL ME! I WILL IGNORE PRIVATE MESSAGES FOR TRANSFERS. THE FORUMS ARE SLOW AND IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET IN/REPLY.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 1

EU DayZ Redux server is officially up and available for play.

Just search "DayZ Redux" to find it, but its info is:

IP: 87.119.221.66

Port: 2302

IF YOU WANT YOUR CHARACTER TRANSFERRED FROM THE US DAYZ REDUX SERVER, READ BELOW:

-Note that if you choose to transfer your character, it's a ONE WAY transfer. I won't transfer from EU to US.

-As implied by the above, the transfer will result in your US character being KILLED in the database

TO TRANSFER:

[1] Equip your US Character as desired

[2] Login to the EU server at least once so your profile/newbie character is created in the EU server database

[3] EMAIL ME (I will IGNORE PMs since dayzmod.com is so slow) at VENTHOS DAYZREDUX COM

[4] Log off and stay logged off both the US and EU server

[5] Wait for my email reply to tell you you can login to the EU server

You will be given the full compliment of your character's items. But, you will NOT be teleported to where your US character was (to prevent people from getting easy headstarts at NWAF). You will remain where your newbie EU character logged out at.

I will NOT be transferring tents or vehicles to give the EU server some sense of a fresh start.

AGAIN. EMAIL ME! I WILL IGNORE PRIVATE MESSAGES FOR TRANSFERS. THE FORUMS ARE SLOW AND IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET IN/REPLY.

wasnt sure if he ment over at www.Dayzredux.com via the account Venthos or the email. Edited by Mirza

I think Venthos doesnt want his email on the forums like that, to avoid spambots. Do him a favour mirza and edit your post.

Yes, please edit out the actual email address, Mirza. Any time I write my email address I obfuscate it so that automated email farm bots can't tell it's an email, but humans can understand what they need to do to make it a usable email.

Great news Vent, cheers, I'll do this later or tomorrow, can't be arsed playing tonight.

Venthos, can I post a topic about your server in a Russian forum thread?

Many Russian-speaking players is playing on your server.

Venthos, can I post a topic about your server in a Russian forum thread?

Many Russian-speaking players is playing on your server.

Go for it. It doesn't matter to to me who plays or where anyone advertises DayZ Redux as long as the players you're trying to get on the server plan on playing legitimately with no intention of hacking/exploiting.