venthos

DayZ Redux - DayZ purist focused custom DayZ Mod (Formerly DayZ DIAF)

If you are going to add some more weapons in like some people are suggesting, I would really love to see more AK variant weapons. It seems like right now DayZ is mostly focused on other types including the M4/M16

It's all great apart from, battleye doesn't like me. Twice whilst playing this mod i have been kicked off the server due to battleye not rsponding or whatever, and it has been whilst i was still in combat after killing zeds, so when i log back in, i'm already dead :L

It's all great apart from, battleye doesn't like me. Twice whilst playing this mod i have been kicked off the server due to battleye not rsponding or whatever, and it has been whilst i was still in combat after killing zeds, so when i log back in, i'm already dead :L

Yeah, I really wish there was a way for me to check with battleye during the combat log logic to see if battleye kicked someone vs. if they "lost connection" (alt-f4). A friend of mine (who admittedly has a terrible/unreliable connection) got kicked for signature check failures the other day which resulted in a combat log.

If the current mechanic becomes too much of a widespread problem and I can't figure out a better way to modify it, I may have to revert to something like the 'bot' temporarily being placed down for some time after someone logs out. But, I do like that this mechanic eliminates combat logging -- period. I just wish it didn't come with the side-effects. The only saving grace is that if you were just fighting zombies or what not, you know exactly where your body is to get your stuff back. Which brings up the point that the only item you couldn't make yourself whole again with would be if you had camo/ghillie.

What's everyones thoughts on making camo/ghillie actually drop on a body?

The argument for it would be that it "makes sense" to be able to take the clothes off of the body.

The argument against it would be that it would significantly increase the amount of ghillie players and very little ghillie suits would ever decay out of the ecosystem.

I'm very positive about it... I've been thinking all along, that why doesn't ghillie drop. But it should be an option "Take ghillie" rather than an item in the inventory (and doing that action should take some time... 5-6s maybe?) And why not do a action "Give ghillie" what would make someone else wear your ghillie...

Also another idea:

Make "Chloroform arrows".

One Chloroform + arrow = this item.

Shooting someone with it has the same effect than using normal chloro, but this would make crossbow useful and would just be a cool mechanic to have.

Edited by Devil

One of the things about chloroform is you have to be right up on someone to use it. That's why the reward (someone being helpless for 3.5 minutes) is so high. If you make chloroform a range attack, then you are taking that huge risk out of the equation. For anything that has a sizable reward, I want associated risk.

What that did give me an idea for, though, is putting in "riot gun ammo" that could be loaded into the M16A2 GL or M4A1 HOLO. Something like "Sandbag" rounds. This would knock someone "unconscious" for maybe 5 seconds. With the delay in animation for falling down/getting back up, that should still give decent time for you to do something. Perhaps even run in and chloroform the person. However, with as difficult as it is to learn how to use the launchers' sights (and the limited amount of launchers), this may not be something people would actually use. Still, a consideration.

Yeah, I really wish there was a way for me to check with battleye during the combat log logic to see if battleye kicked someone vs. if they "lost connection" (alt-f4). A friend of mine (who admittedly has a terrible/unreliable connection) got kicked for signature check failures the other day which resulted in a combat log.

If the current mechanic becomes too much of a widespread problem and I can't figure out a better way to modify it, I may have to revert to something like the 'bot' temporarily being placed down for some time after someone logs out. But, I do like that this mechanic eliminates combat logging -- period. I just wish it didn't come with the side-effects. The only saving grace is that if you were just fighting zombies or what not, you know exactly where your body is to get your stuff back. Which brings up the point that the only item you couldn't make yourself whole again with would be if you had camo/ghillie.

What's everyones thoughts on making camo/ghillie actually drop on a body?

The argument for it would be that it "makes sense" to be able to take the clothes off of the body.

The argument against it would be that it would significantly increase the amount of ghillie players and very little ghillie suits would ever decay out of the ecosystem.

If it means, as you say, everyone's going to be running around in Ghillies eventually, I'd leave it as it is. Better game mechanics wins out against realism in this instance for me.

One guy just logged while being under chloroform... also i couldn't open his inventory only the backpack (which i thought i could...disarm the guy while he's knocked)

My suggestion would be, that while being under chloroform you will get combat log when logging...

[zG]stabshot - not great tho mate...I understand that M4A3 CCO is hard to get hold on, but still, nothing for to log... I actually didn't have in mind killing you, just little bit of talk etc.

Edited by Devil

Been playing on your server even more now, loving it so far. Only thing that came to my mind though is that it's pretty unnecessary to remove weapons like M14 Aim, SVD Camo, M9 SD, Bizon SD, MP5 SD and the M4 SD. I'll explain to you why:

M14 Aim: A pretty rare weapon that's not found very easily that does a lot of damage. Why is this taken out? It's definitely not too powerful, if you're taking this out then why would the MK48 still be in? Same damage and a red dot sight too, even shoots faster. M14 Aim is definitely not too powerful and is a dealbreaker for many checking this thread out.

SVD Camo: If you're leaving the CZ and M24 in, why not the SVD Camo? It's not more powerful in any way. Exact same damage as the CZ and M24. You can't use NVG's in the SVD Camo so I think it's in no way more powerful compared to the other two. Besides, this weapon is VERY rare. If you get the weapon you atleast deserve it.

M9 SD: A good gun for killing zombies. This gun is very weak and is only good to take out zombies. So in my opinion this is not a weapon that gives a player a huge advantage.

Bizon SD: Same with the M9 SD. Not a powerful gun at all and it's pretty good for zombie killing. Not even a red dot sight so in no possible way too powerful to be in the game.

MP5 SD: Exact same with the Bizon SD.

M4 SD: Yes this gun is very good because you can take out zombies silently and aggro none if you're trying to take out a player. But then again this weapon is pretty damn rare and is not too powerful. I would understand it being taken out if it did more damage than it does now but it doesn't. Should be left in, again a dealbreaker for many players because this is a much loved weapon.

Hopefully you understand what I tried to tell you.

If these changes are deal breakers for certain people then they can easily find plenty of other servers that suit them better, this one is different and the reason why it is becoming so popular with players that subscribe to Vents vision.

Anyone know how big the download for 0.1.2v is? Just wandering as my internet sucks and EI doesnt display the overal download size for some reason. GG again EI well done there....

(currently Downloading)

Im only seeing a download for v0.1.1. Is v0.1.2 out yet?

Edited by redcell

Im only seeing a download for v0.1.1. Is v0.1.2 out yet?

Click the link and you'll see the file name is v0.1.2 so all good, he just hasn't changed the link name itself.

One guy just logged while being under chloroform... also i couldn't open his inventory only the backpack (which i thought i could...disarm the guy while he's knocked)

Didn't think of that possibility. I'm torn on whether to leave it in (since you can always fire a shot in the vicinity to throw him into combat) or indeed consider chloroformed people in combat for the full duration. Probably makes sense to force them in combat otherwise people will do exactly what you said.

Been playing on your server even more now, loving it so far. Only thing that came to my mind though is that it's pretty unnecessary to remove weapons like M14 Aim, SVD Camo, M9 SD, Bizon SD, MP5 SD and the M4 SD. I'll explain to you why:

One important thing to remember is that I'm not just removing/keeping guns. I am redoing loot tables entirely. Some I'm barely touching, some I'm completely revamping. So the reasons you state that reference the ease/difficulty of obtaining the gun does not necessarily apply. For example, the CZ550 no longer spawns at Farm spawns. Only deer stands. It's also considerably rarer now. Probably the rarest thing on a deerstand next to a coyote pack. CZ550 ammo also does not spawn anywhere in game. You only get the CZ550 and the 1 - 3 mags it spawns with. Similar for the M24. I made it only spawn at heli crashes and mags are impossible to get elsewhere.

The reason I chose these guns specifically was their "primitive" nature (no zeroing) and their low magazine count. This means when you find a sniper you're getting 5, 10, or 15 rounds of it with no chance for getting more ammo unless you find the rifle again.

Anything with a DMR mag (M14/DMR) means the gun is coming with 20, 40, or 60 rounds. The SVD would be 10, 20, or 30. The SVD also has the built-in range finder and the DMR/M14 are semi auto.

That's my reasoning for why one sniper and not the other. I want ammo to be rare and I want people to really have to choose when they use it vs. going "woohoo, 60 rounds!". Plus, if you mix DMR/M14/M24 you now have a higher chance of getting ammo for it by combining mag types. I could "break" that feature, of course.

As for the suppressed weaponry, I'm just trying to see how it goes without them. I think it may be neat to not allow people to be so easily silent in towns. I love/hate hearing distant gunshots and not knowing if they know I'm here or if they just got zombie agro and had to dispatch one. The mind fuck is enjoyable. It's probable that I will add back in some of them, but it would likely be at best the M9 SD and MP5 SD. Both are pretty bad guns for taking out players but good for clearing zombies before they agro. Expect ammo to be more rare than in vanilla DayZ if this happens though for similar reasons of wanting people to really have to think "do I need to a suppressed gun here and spend my limited ammo?"

If these changes are deal breakers for certain people then they can easily find plenty of other servers that suit them better, this one is different and the reason why it is becoming so popular with players that subscribe to Vents vision.

This is a worthy concept to recognize. I state fully and clearly that I do not aim to appease 100% of the existing vanilla DayZ crowd. There will be people that hate my mod, and I am okay with this. But I do hope that a sizable chunk have a similar mindset that I do and will enjoy it.

Anyone know how big the download for 0.1.2v is? Just wandering as my internet sucks and EI doesnt display the overal download size for some reason. GG again EI well done there....

(currently Downloading)

It's just over 100MB, it should be comparable to vanilla DayZ download size.

Have you enabled putting guns into backpack? Would really helped me with scavenging stuff for my friend :)

Edited by Hallker

I backpedaled on the "no guns in bags" thing when I realized that there's no way I could prevent item loss when someone tries to move a gun/item/whatever into a "full" bag/gear/tent (it'd require an engine modification). I felt it was a bit unfair to newcomers to the mod who probably won't read through all the changes made and end up having lots of guns eaten up.

So, bag limits/gun carrying in bags should still be identical as it is in Vanilla DayZ. If not, please do let me know.

Thank you for your quick and well explained reply, Venthos. I really do understand your point of view right now, I indeed think it's also better that people actually have to be careful with their ammo.

Click the link and you'll see the file name is v0.1.2 so all good, he just hasn't changed the link name itself.

Ahhhh ok. Thanks for that. I didnt even notice!

On this server I get a Dayz_code error and refers me to www.dayzmod.com/update i think. The link isnt active anyways. I cant play until i get this fixed and ive updated dayz and arma fully. I hoestly cant figure it out.

Having a lucky time on here it seems... Great haul already!

http://cloud.steampo...77C860CA434D6A/

EDIT: The CZ550 & M24 both use zeroing... SVD camo doesnt, DMR doesnt. I personally have a much harder time hitting anything with the SVD & DMR compared to the CZ and M24

Edited by LHShift

lol dang LHShift !! I only passed that huey last night at its spawn point. You have been a busy man :thumbsup:

lol dang LHShift !! I only passed that huey last night at its spawn point. You have been a busy man :thumbsup:

Found the huey @ devils... Someone crashed it, and it respawned where it crashed. We fixed the lil bird up at NWAF overnight. We killed some guy for the skoda and V3S

EDIT: And it looks like both choppers have been found and taken. We were flying round in the huey shooting at the other one when the pilot DC'ed and we crashed...

Edited by LHShift

And there was me feeling pretty chuffed with myself having managed to fix up an ATV this afternoon.

Although I haven't got a squad or anyone helping me so I'm happy with that nonetheless.

Alright, did someone crash something just now?

Heard what sounded like an artillery shell going off in the distance...

Like LOUD!

Alright, did someone crash something just now?

Heard what sounded like an artillery shell going off in the distance...

Like LOUD!

*waves* Powerfailure when driving a heli isn't the best thing.

*waves* Powerfailure when driving a heli isn't the best thing.

Had anything good on you?

P.S. To the guy I just killed, I told you to drop your gun. Shouldnt have looked at me...

Edited by Axelord FTW