Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Day/Night cycle + few new things

I am not english speaker...

What about to make a Day/Night cycle shorter... maybe

Day : 3 Hours

Night: 2 Hours

I think it could be more intense and more difficult... the player will have to picking a chemlights,flares,... in daytime.. and he will have to be prepared to night..

maybe the zombies should be more "difficult" in night time... (somehow) and their eyes should "glowing" :))

a different scary music in background for night and day

abillity to use flashlight together with weapons ( Aim will be less accuary but you will be able to light and shoot in same time)

I personally think these things could bring a new feelings and a little more challange to the game

EDIT: Another cool thing (for me) there should be a zombie hordes in night, with very loud shouts..

what do you think?

Edited by Ladas325
  • Like 3

I like the ability to hold a flashlight with your weapon and the eyes' glowing part. I don't however want the hours shortened. I like the real time experience.

• Like 5

Real time servers really add to the suspense and horror when you realise it's getting dark, and it's going to be a looooong night. (or you could just change server like a pussy :P )

Occasionally find myself realising it's getting light on my way back to camp, then look outside IRL and think, "Whoa, should probably start thinking about going to bed!"

• Like 5

Why is everybody wanting super short nights?

You all do realize that the standalone is going to have better night lighting because rocket himself thought that a pitch black screen isn't very fun to look at.

Whatever the new scale is, I want night and day to be about the same in length, not including dusk and dawn which should take both 1 hour.

Whatever the new scale is, I want night and day to be about the same in length, not including dusk and dawn which should take both 1 hour.

I think it would actually be cool if it took into account what time of the year it is. So ther would be longer nights in winter, shorter ones in summer.
  • Like 6

I think it would actually be cool if it took into account what time of the year it is. So ther would be longer nights in winter, shorter ones in summer.

:|

You just blew my mind.

Lololol

ARMA already does this along with changing which stars are visible, what the phase of the moon is, and the tidal cycle. Because of the deep integration of real time into the game Rocket has already said that it is highly unlikely that the time cycle will be changed. That is a good thing.

I like the real life time zone in game.

Agreed

• Like 1

while real time day/night cycle is a cool feature, its forcepeople to change server to experience day or night, because of time zones.

usually developers want player to experience all aspects of the game, and real time cycle prevents to do so.

so in order to grant people experience of day and night time, the cycle has to be shortened.

Edited by Frozen
  • Like 1

usually developers want player to experience all aspects of the game, and real time cycle prevents to do so.

so in order to grant people experience of day and night time, the cycle has to be shortened.

How does a 24 hour day/night cycle prevent players from experiencing all aspects of the game?

Every three hours, mass exodus of the server. :)

I prefer the realistic time. Having the day and night shift back and forth would ruin the immersion for me. I think this would work best as a server option.

How does a 24 hour day/night cycle prevent players from experiencing all aspects of the game?

full day/night cycle prevents some people to experience day and night during their play session, which may result in situation when some people play allways during day or night time, and not because they want to, but they are forced to by time zone and server situation.

full day/night cycle prevents some people to experience day and night during their play session, which may result in situation when some people play allways during day or night time, and not because they want to, but they are forced to by time zone and server situation.

That's with a server preference though, you're never forced to play the same server. You could potentially play a different server every day, there are thousands. And people don't always play between the same hours.

Like sausageking said, server options would be the way to go if it were to change. I like the way it is now.

That's with a server preference though, you're never forced to play the same server. You could potentially play a different server every day, there are thousands. And people don't always play between the same hours.

Like sausageking said, server options would be the way to go if it were to change. I like the way it is now.

in this case it forces people to change server, which isnt good either.

I thought.. it could be cool.. if a player will have to be prepare to night... yeah.. i know the people will leave servers.. thats the main problem.. but it could bring a new unexpected situations to the game... anyway.. thanks for replies ;)

I like this guys ideas ! (ladas325)

Except the " shortened day/night" like most the other people posting I strongly disagree with this idea..

But everything else you suggested is very good ! your english is fine aswell :D

The idea with the torch attached to the weapon is great also as I am sure most of us have thought of this..

But i want to add my own little twist to this.. Make it so you need some kind of industrial style tape, electrical or gapher tape. Most of you should be familiar with these tape(s) i speak of :D

And to take it one step further in an unrelated kind of direction.. maybe taping assualt weapon mags together saves a pinch of reload time ? that would be nice.. more so for the standalone title !

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 1

ya know, u guys that talk about how great the experience is to have a "real time" day night cycle...i don't think u'd be sayin all that shit if u didn't get to play when it was day time...myself i have a life, i can't just sit around all day and play games. i work 10 hour days, by the time i get home, eat and take a shower, its almost dark. when i get on my computer it is dark...i get 2 days a week that i can play in daylight, and thats only if i don't have shit to do on the weekend. so i don't have a day/night cycle experience. all i get is a night experience. real time is just ridiculous and inconsiderate. devs need to think about all their players. not just kids, and grown kids that still live wit mom and dad. people that can play games any time of the day.

I think that won't be a problem since in the age of the internet and if you live in a country that has multiple time zones you will always find a server that still has daytime...and there are also a lot of servers that will be "out of sync" timewise. I don't think they will succeed in having the servers run on the local time anyway but they should have the same cyclic time for a day.

I think that won't be a problem since in the age of the internet and if you live in a country that has multiple time zones you will always find a server that still has daytime...and there are also a lot of servers that will be "out of sync" timewise. I don't think they will succeed in having the servers run on the local time anyway but they should have the same cyclic time for a day.

uh...wut do u mean, i just said its a problem for me, so i know other people have this issue. if i joined a west coast server i might get an hour of daylight. i would see the sun set. but the other 4 hours i can play its still dark. i'd have to join a Chinese server. European servers, i'd have to wait till like 3 in the mornin to play at sunrise. 1 in the mornin is my limit. it hits 1 o'clock i'm goin to bed. i have to have atleast 5 hours of sleep...

not sure wut u mean by "out of sync" servers. 

Simply ruins immersion. People will still hop to escape night time. Not solid enough.

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS

I like the ability to hold a flashlight with your weapon and the eyes' glowing part. I don't however want the hours shortened. I like the real time experience.

If you have all day to play....

Well you have "all day" to play if you don't have the luxury or time to choose when you play don't blame the game. If you can only play at times when the servers have dawn or night time it's quite the same as playing any other mp shooter so late at night that no other players at online. The solution with the not 24h day cycle would be one of the best solutions compared to a 4h day cycle since you still have almost a day in game and get to play at different daytimes even when you log in in the evening IRL ( like a shift of 4h every day for a 20h in game day ).