DemonGroover

DayZ Weapons - A Question?

I live in the US and you can find just about anything. However the most likely weapons you can find around where I live (North Carolina) would be the following listed from most common to least common.

.22's (of all kinds)

Glock pistols (or other 9mm pistols)

12 gauge shotguns

.223 hunting rifles

M1911 pistols (or other 45 cal pistols)

Exotic weapons (AR-15's, AK47's etc)

Assuming there was a actual zombie invasion I would want the glock 9mm and a 12 gauge, maybe a 223 rifle as well. Ammo for them are all over the place, and maybe more importantly they're easy to reload save the glock but they're so popular mags for them are all over the place. Which is something I think most people don't think about. Having a AR-15 or AK47 would be nice, but they're hard to reload in a fight, and all of the mags for those rifles are heavy and hard to find so in reality they would only slow you down.

Nah, NVG;s were standard infantry issue back in my day, as were IRADS (infra red aiming devices/ lasers) Although we stopped using the binocular ones(like in dayz) way back when i was in, and started using monicle style.

As derpy said... im a slow typer

Edited by KingOchaos

What about those huge bad ass Gatling Guns - where the hell would you find them?

Ever since i saw Predator in the 80's i wanted one of them in a game!

Try putting this sandbox simulator in Brisbane, Australia. It would be near impossible to get a hold of a firearm. It would be stupid to even consider it to be part of your plan. If this happened in my city I would be heading west and not stopping for an attempt at picking up a firearm.

What about those huge bad ass Gatling Guns - where the hell would you find them?

Ever since i saw Predator in the 80's i wanted one of them in a game!

USA USA USA ;) 3000-6000 rpm... THEY HAVE ALL THE BEST TOYS :(

• Like 1

Try putting this sandbox simulator in Brisbane, Australia. It would be near impossible to get a hold of a firearm. It would be stupid to even consider it to be part of your plan. If this happened in my city I would be heading west and not stopping for an attempt at picking up a firearm.

I'd head north and get myself to the Whitsundays - nice spot. West - that's Mad Max country.

...around where I live (North Carolina) would be the following listed from most common to least common.

.22's (of all kinds)

Glock pistols (or other 9mm pistols)

12 gauge shotguns

.223 hunting rifles

M1911 pistols (or other 45 cal pistols)

Exotic weapons (AR-15's, AK47's etc)

I grew up in Wisconsin, which looks exactly like Chernarus minus the Russian signs, and I would say that the above looks about right. I would probably also add scoped .30-06 hunting rifles.

While flipping through the newspaper on Sunday I happened to notice that Colt M4s are $1000 at Wal-Mart this week so just about anything is available.

My opinion about Europe (western area, I´m form Spain).

Getting a gun here will be hard as shit. Special licence for any weapon. The police have MP5s and not much more (GEOs, special ops here, will have some assault rifles but nothing special).

As everyone says, ther will be more weaponry in military areas. For what I know from some friends in the army, MG 3 are common to give support, we have our own assault rifle (CETME) and the common weaponry used by EU troops. The thing people doesn´t seem to think is the military will have taken those weapons to fight the zombies back. So maybe lots of military areas will be totally empty. Even if there are still weapons, ammo will be used or taken away to the front IMHO.

This is just a question to those who may know.

In DayZ there is a huge variety of weaponry available and this is because it is a mod of a military simulator.

In real life what kind of weapons would one expect to find in homes, barns and barracks? I understand that Americans will have more variety than say Australians and Europeans because the only place you would ever find legal guns in Oz is at places like police stations, army bases and possibly farmhouses.

What i am getting at is what types of weapons can we realistically expect to find scattered around after an apocalypse situation?

I build my own weapons and reload my own ammo come to my house for apoc M4,G22,R700 .308,RM870 MAG, R700 .270, TWO WW2 rifs brought back by family M1 carbine and K98

Go to my Dads house and you'll find around 30+ firearms ranging from .22 lever action rifles, 38super race guns to lee enfields,AR15s and FN FALs

Go to my Mums house and you'll find a pair of slug guns he bought for fun in the backyard, it varies a lot.

Edited by jdz

Until I was robbed, you could find almost every (legal to own) assault semi-automatic military style rifle in my house. They took the entire safe, which was the only thing recovered. I lost over 30 guns that day, and if I could only get the ones my grandfather and father left me, I'd be a happy boy. (they were just assorted hunting rifles and a .375 mag colt python) But yeah around here there are tons of guns to be found in a Zombie Apocalypse.

Until I was robbed, you could find almost every (legal to own) assault semi-automatic military style rifle in my house. They took the entire safe, which was the only thing recovered. I lost over 30 guns that day, and if I could only get the ones my grandfather and father left me, I'd be a happy boy. (they were just assorted hunting rifles and a .375 mag colt python) But yeah around here there are tons of guns to be found in a Zombie Apocalypse.

That does suck man, I lost a .22 I had since I was a child and my .45 glock that I was given to me for my 21st birthday to a robbery. Plus I should have known not to use assault rifle on a forum with other gun owners.

That does suck man, I lost a .22 I had since I was a child

You owned a rifle when you were a child? Man I live in a different world.

• Like 1

You'd find guns in homes in Aus, guns are legal bud. What you'd find is a majorty of bolt action rifles (.22 to any variety of huting rifles), shotguns and low calibre semi-automatic guns, such as shotguns and rifles.

Edited by Trizzo

Man, if America was ever invaded the enemy wouldnt stand a chance as just about every person would just pull out an armoury and blow them away.

Here in Australia, we would have to stand aside as the three man invading army takes over. All we could do was heckle them, or hope the country boys come and save us.

Edited by DemonGroover

Yea and was raised by hippy liberals in California to top it off, even our left has a fair amount of gun owners. To be fair I was 10 or 11 and was heavily supervised and had to go through gun safety classes before I was even allowed to touch the thing.

You'd find guns in homes in Aus, guns are legal bud. What you'd find is a majorty of bolt action rifles (.22 to any variety of huting rifles), shotguns and low calibre semi-automatic guns, such as shotguns and rifles.

Your right. Apparently there are over 300,000 firearms owned in the country (around 1 firearm per 100 people).

Man, if America was ever invaded the enemy wouldnt stand a chance as just about every person would just pull out an armoury and blow them away.

Here in Australia, we would have to stand aside as the three man invading army takes over. All we could do was heckle them, or hope the country boys come and save us.

Very shortly, once this new deal goes through with the US, there will be more US Marines in Australia than Australia has troops enlisted. Invasion would never be a major problem though because of our goegraphical position in the world and technology among other things.

Yea and was raised by hippy liberals in California to top it off, even our left has a fair amount of gun owners. To be fair I was 10 or 11 and was heavily supervised and had to go through gun safety classes before I was even allowed to touch the thing.

Yeah its really different over here. I can literally only remember one person Ive ever known in my entire life who has owned a firearm (a 303 he doesn't own it anymore, but used it to put down animals when he owned a farm in Western Australia). Ive had a fair amount of experience with weapons/firearms because I was in the Army. I believe Cadets can also fire weapons in controlled situations as early as 15 (which I also think is too young in any circumstance). You can join the army when your 17 with parents permission or 18 without. Ever since the mid 90's when Martin Bryant went on a killing spree and killed 35 people in Port Arthur we have had pretty strict gun regulation. Theres no fully automatic weapons.

Edited by sostronk

Yeah its really different over here. I can literally only remember one person Ive ever known in my entire life who has owned a firearm (a 303 he doesn't own it anymore, but used it to put down animals when he owned a farm in Western Australia). Ive had a fair amount of experience with weapons/firearms because I was in the Army. I believe Cadets can also fire weapons in controlled situations as early as 15 (which I also think is too young in any circumstance). You can join the army when your 17 with parents permission or 18 without. Ever since the mid 90's when Martin Bryant went on a killing spree and killed 35 people in Port Arthur we have had pretty strict gun regulation. Theres no fully automatic weapons.

I dont think there is anything wrong with kids going to rifle clubs and the like, i was shooting from 8 at our local small bore rifle club (and hunting with the ole man and what not). And i take my boy hunting with me, and let him shoot my lil ruger .22 well supervised o course. The nut behind the butt is where the danger comes from, if proper weapons handling is installed in children from a young age, and proper respect taught about weapons, its a good thing.

There is no practical need for a fully automatic weapon, other than combat in my opinion.

There is no practical need for a fully automatic weapon, other than combat in my opinion.

Or a zombie apocalypse!

I've owned and shot guns since I was 5! I never have pulled a gun on anything I wasn't willing to destroy or eat. Onle once had to pull it on a human and she was a meth head, trying to rob the gas station I walked into. No I didn't shoot her, she ran out the door after putting her Lorcin 9mm on the floor. (fucking Saturday night special pos) she was caught within the hour. I also got cuffed and threatened by the Gestapo errr police!

• Like 1

Can we get a DayZ USA map done please??

You can also do a DayZ Australia - change the name Takistan to Australia and get rid of all the weapons.

I live in oklahoma, and if you looted my house u might find Remington r-15 450 bushmaster, colt m4 Holo sight and a judge. Still want a shotgun but 410 in the judge will work for home defence : P

You could try the valley and then the West End on your way out , if you have no joy we can hook up near mooroka , i will have sharpened sticks for us both ;)

what ..a whole bunch of pissed lads blaring Lee Kernaghan in falcon utes with 4 ton bullbars, massive truck mudflaps and 389 led lights ? :D

What i am getting at is what types of weapons can we realistically expect to find scattered around after an apocalypse situation?

Probably the same thing there is now. Because if it were to happen i would assume someone would send military to help contain the situation. Also there was a civil war in chernarus before this between CDF,NAPA,US(NATO) and Russia.

DayZ US would be interesting.

If it exists, we have it in private ownership. Then add to that the huge number in Government usage, you would be tripping over guns in the woods a few weeks after Z Day.

Though we don't keep them in barns typically. Who knows what would end up where in the Apocalypse, though. That's why I don't sweat finding a suppressed M9 in a fire station, or an Enfield in a school. I assume that they weren't kept there, laying in the corner before the apocalypse, but that they ended up there in the chaos, etc.

Hell, I have a trust set up specifically for suppressors and machine guns. The only reason I don't own an M82 is because I don't have a good place to shoot one (yet). My .308 bolt gun works well enough for most range days under 800m. Cheaper, too.

:D

Edited by codave
  • Like 1