Sign in to follow this  
de Lusan

"No pvp" server

Thought I'd try a little less stressful DayZ experience the other day. Connected to a "No PvP" (US 1542) server ... didn't take long for someone to shoot me. I play DayZ 95% of the time on PvP servers, but for a REALLY nasty experience try playing on one of these "No PvP" servers. I'm assuming these guys are pimply-faced teenagers with no way to get their kicks from a social life because they don't have one. Perhaps, they just can't compete on a level playing field. They might even be guys that want to be hackers, but don't have the brains to figure out how to do it ... which would put them at least one level below being a hacker.

How are these guys reported to the server administrator? How do you even contact a server administrator? How do you even know who shot you? The problem seems insurmountable.

All in all, if you're new to DayZ - my advice is to stick to the "regular" PvP servers ... at least you know what you're dealing with. If you run across a server that claims to be No PvP - know that someone with a child-like smile on his pimply face will be shooting at you.

For all you guys out there that have popped me fairly and squarely on the PvP servers ... nice work! It's great fun playing with you and I hope to return the favor soon.

My best to all the True Dayz players!

dayz will always be pvp even in no pvp servers, you have to somehow complain to them, not here on these forums...

I believe it's against the mod's server-hosting rules, like not putting a password on, etc.

Too bad, really. Certain exceptions should be made. Alas, that doesn't seem to be an option at this time.

That said, if you want to pursue action against the murderers, you need to contact the server admins. Sometimes there is some info in the loading screen - more often than not, though, you will just have to learn to let it go.

Edited by HMS

Yeah that's a bit shit.

I like no pvp servers, gives you a zombie apocalypse feel without other players slotting you. I find working as a team comes more naturally.

I have never been a stickler for the rules, if rules were not meant to be broken then we wouldn't have any new maps or private servers. These have helped the community, contributed to a better player experience, good yah?

• Like 2

I would love to try a real no PvP server because I think it would greatly change the game dynamics and provide a new experience within DayZ. However I don't think it's possible for a server like that to exist.

• Like 1

I'd recommend DayzRP if you're looking for a server with a nice atmosphere (http://www.dayzrp.com/)

Its a private hive server so they are free to enforce whatever rules they want, I'll copy and paste the current rules for you.

• Combat
    - NO killing on sight! This rule is probably the rule that bears the most weight on our server. People come here to seek refuge from all the killing on the official hive servers, though; this does not mean that there won’t be any killing.
    Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:
    - You are being shot at
    - You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit
    - You are a bandit and the person you are trying to rob/kidnap is trying to escape
    - Another player is stealing your items/vehicles
    - Another player has stolen your items/vehicles, you have 2 hours to reclaim them before they are no longer considered yours.
    You CANNOT kill other players when:
    - You robbed them and they complied (no executions, counts as RDM)
    - You see someone looting a corpse of your friend (does not count as stealing, warn them first)
    - They are driving their vehicle and you have not made contact
    KoS is considered killing a player or shooting a vehicle for no apparent reason, and without making contact.
    RDM is considered killing a player for breaking the rules after making contact.
    Killing players on sight is punishable by temporary or permanent ban.
    Random Deathmatch is punishable by a character reset, temporary ban or a permanent ban.
  • Exploits
    All hacking, executing scripts, flooding, network attacks and other illegal activities will result in a permanent ban and will be reported with GUID and IP of the offender to BattlEye.
    Avoiding death, damage or zombie aggro - either by disconnecting, shutting down the game or other not legitimate ways - will be punished with a character reset.
    Exploiting server lag, DayZ or ArmA bugs or using any other gameplay exploits will be punished with a temporary or permanent ban.
  • Respect
    Please keep in mind when you are on these forums that some things you might not find offensive, or insulting, others may take very seriously. Our admins will be doing their best to keep the forum clean of the following.
    Racism is not tolerated on this server or forum. You will be warned, temporarily banned, then permanently banned. This goes for in game server names also.
    Flaming threads will be locked and result in a warning to temporary forum ban in extreme cases.
    Disrespecting other players in the shout box, or in open threads is punishable by a temporary forum/server ban to a permanent ban in extreme cases.

• Like 2

See, this is just what I'm talking about. Who the hellis going to read and abide by all those rules? And who is going to enforce it? Ain't gonna happen. Nevertheless I wish them luck.

No pvp servers? Seriously?

So sad to come back after a break and see garbage like this.

What's the point? Zombies are a joke.

I get killed by zombies in minecraft more than dayz.

Seriously do yourself a favor and play another game if you don't enjoy the human aspect of dayz.

• Like 2

I personally have reached a point where I don't see the zombies as a real threat, so without PvP the game is quite boring. but I know many people who gave up entirely because the PvP aspect was too much when 1st starting out, and I don't think a "no PvP" server for newbies is a bad idea, it would give new players a chance to get a feel for the game and learn how to deal with the zombies (such as aggro distance, how to loose them, ect.) before getting gunned down by a much more experienced and well equipped player.

See, this is just what I'm talking about. Who the hellis going to read and abide by all those rules? And who is going to enforce it? Ain't gonna happen. Nevertheless I wish them luck.

Most of the server, since its a passworded private hive and the only way to get the password is by registering, the ones that don't are swiftly banned by the admins.

I'd recommend DayzRP if you're looking for a server with a nice atmosphere (http://www.dayzrp.com/)

Thanks for the recommendation, but I cannot do anything with it:

"DayZ RP Private Servers Sorry but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations."

I figured that's about what No PvP servers would be like. I've seen them listed, never joined.

I'm one of those guys that tries to follow whatever rules exist wherever I'm at (I blame/thank the Marine Corps. for this behavior), so I know I would be following the rules and get popped for it on one of those servers.

Not my can of beans, I must say.

Now, I did join a private hive server the other day. I didn't want to scrap my current life as I'm sort of attached to it, and want to take the run as long as possible... but I wanted a "fresh start". Turns out everyone on the server is friendly, and I had a lot of fun.

My plan is to continue playing on both public servers, as well as the private server, with both characters. All out Banditry on public servers, or me being me on the private server.

Now I get to choose how I want to play for the day.

It's win/win for me.

• Like 3

Thanks for the recommendation, but I cannot do anything with it:

"DayZ RP Private Servers Sorry but you cannot register at this time because the administrator has disabled new account registrations."

LMAO, see? I told you it wouldn't work :)

There are some decent servers out there for no PVP, some of you may not like it but I do and there's nothing like bumping into strangers and having a great game together.

It makes the survivor aspect great and you will find a more mischievous kind of bandit, one that actually sticks you up as apposed to shoot you dead, there are less murders and lets face it, the more you kill the less fun you'll have. Also the night time play together is outstanding when in a good sized team, the atmosphere is amazing.

You can't garuantee all the rules will be adheared to, but look at all the anti scripting measures and rules out there now, they were designed with a lot of different play in mind. Biggest hurdle is for admin to actually have the time to play and monitor the length of server play time, something I admire RP and others for. Some of them will monitor allowing others to have fun and ask for nothing in return. Hats off to you.

Quit your Jibba Jabba. And let me play in peace.

• Like 2

I'm dissappointed how some people are so aggressively shooting this idea down. New ideas introduced through experiments are completely fine and should be accepted, even if the main idea of the game is PvP, the idea of things that are not the main elements/ideas of the game should be encouraged and brought upon for suggestions and interest value. Some people have interests while some don't.

Some people will abide by such long list of rules much like DarkRP Servers for Garry's Mod, because of this I can see it being highly successful for people trying to find a newer experience for DayZ and getting away from the standard DayZ experience. It's a shame some people are not so open minded on the idea and instantly claim that the mod is purely based on PvP and should stay that way. While as the mod in general I agree, but other servers are free to try their own ideas.

• Like 6

Yeah, I tried a passworded RP server where you have to make contact before any type of conflict. Bandits are supposed to rob you at gunpoint and can shoot if you don't cooperate or try to escape. I was killed on sight by geared players twice as a freshie so I just gave up and went back to real DayZ, LOL...

I'm dissappointed how some people are so aggressively shooting this idea down. New ideas introduced through experiments are completely fine and should be accepted, even if the main idea of the game is PvP, the idea of things that are not the main elements/ideas of the game should be encouraged and brought upon for suggestions and interest value. Some people have interests while some don't.

Some people will abide by such long list of rules much like DarkRP Servers for Garry's Mod, because of this I can see it being highly successful for people trying to find a newer experience for DayZ and getting away from the standard DayZ experience. It's a shame some people are not so open minded on the idea and instantly claim that the mod is purely based on PvP and should stay that way. While as the mod in general I agree, but other servers are free to try their own ideas.

This /\

I don't think it's fair to blame the players on a server marked "no pvp". It might not be their server. The admin can't stop people joining the server and killing other people and you can bet your last dollar that you were killed by a PvPer who ignores such localized "rules" and entered the server anyway.

Edited by Sula