avid_gamer

NEW DayZ Fallujah Map Released!

I'm curious about this as well. I've been going through the motions to get a private server running a modified Lingor Island, but this map seems to have everything i was looking for.

When / Will this map become available to host on your servers?

Thanks!

It already is, but i'd wait until a newer version comes out, because to be honest, this map is starved for loot.

yeah i'm about to die of thirst.

In relation to my earlier posts my version of Fallugah wasn't loading because i didn't have the latest Arma 2 patches namely 1.60 an 1.62 (i think thats them). Now i thought Dayz Commander updated that. Any way it doesn't.

This is a load of bulls**t.

It was me who had the original concept for DayZ on Fallujah which I had begun working on over a month ago.

Instead Vilayer releases this extremely broken code with absolutely no mention or credits for my original concept & work.

& of course not to mention the Anti-Cheat which he states is his, however it is not his code at all.

Can someone please help I am getting stuck in the loading screen for ages after setup compleet :(

All ready waiting for like 20 mins ,

EDIT :

I was all ready playing on one server needed to help someone and wanne go back and this happend

Getting the same problem. I also get the same problem with Takistan. I've looked in to it for the past few days and haven't found any proper fixes to it. Guess we are just shit out of luck.

Despite who the concept belongs to

As far as the map goes ive stopped playing it, without trying to offend its fine for 100-150 person server but no use for 40

You run more than you do in Chernarus lol

It looks nice but not enough buildings to access and no loot to find if you do

And as far as the anti cheat solutions

The sheet i was in had a possible hacker in it running round blowing buildings up in the town with satchel charges ...??

in a ghillie and dmr and a vehicle.

So i guess a little more needs to be done

hi

there is a map of Fallujah in high resolution for printing?

thx

Files "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@fallujah1_2\addons\fallujah1_2.pbo", "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@fallujah1_2\addons\fallujah_hou1_2.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any idea guys? Have the same problem with lingor island.

Map is terrible.

vehicles with mounted weapons all over the place, serious lack of lootable buildings and poor setting that doesn't match DayZ at all. Vilayer failed again in porting DayZ.

Everyone's thinking it would be epic with a urban map but the truth is the map doesn't fit dayZ at all and has some serious drawbacks. Only good thing about it is the performance was much better then expected.

I wish Vilayer got their head straight and actually worked on porting maps to DayZ that fit the setting and are balanced and not Arma 2 with zombies as a side dish. If i want to ride a HMMWV with a machinegun on top of it i go to play regular arma, not dayZ. Stop the madness. Bring back survival.

• Like 4

Worst DayZ map. It has too few players. Even with 40 players limit I saw only 3 another people not counting helicopters in 4 hours. It has way too few loot spawns. I found enfield after playing 3 hours 30 minutes. I was lucky and found colt after 1 hour. TOO FEW ZOMBIES! It's city! I expected tons of zombies but there really aren't any. What map has plenty is choppers. I saw 3 helicopters flying around and trying to shoot each other down.

Also it has 200 meters of fence without any holes everywhere.

This is a load of bulls**t.

It was me who had the original concept for DayZ on Fallujah which I had begun working on over a month ago.

Instead Vilayer releases this extremely broken code with absolutely no mention or credits for my original concept & work.

& of course not to mention the Anti-Cheat which he states is his, however it is not his code at all.

Keep working on it and do a better job. that'll show him.

Lee -- don't be a Hitler. Allow other server hosts to use this and Takistan, it shows good will with other DayZ players. Restricting these two maps to only Vilayer servers is not right.

Worst DayZ map. It has too few players. Even with 40 players limit I saw only 3 another people not counting helicopters in 4 hours. It has way too few loot spawns. I found enfield after playing 3 hours 30 minutes. I was lucky and found colt after 1 hour. TOO FEW ZOMBIES! It's city! I expected tons of zombies but there really aren't any. What map has plenty is choppers. I saw 3 helicopters flying around and trying to shoot each other down.

Also it has 200 meters of fence without any holes everywhere.

yea it needs work. I thought great, no running through forests there will be buildings everywhere, but I just ran through forests of buildings that mostly had no loot. I recognized one new building type that sometimes had loot. Also noticed that if there were no zombies around you definitely weren't finding much any loot in the nearby buildings. I played about 3 hours. Found a makarov within an hour. Found a double barrel within 2 hours. Found nothing else of value (except map/compass) in the full 3 hours. Ended up trekking all the way to the airport and it had 0 loot. Just a couple choppers. One guy in a chinook was hanging out there and offered me a ride back to the city but honestly at that point I didn't want to play anymore. I was tired of the city after finding nothing for so long and with the airport having nothing as well it was time to just stop playing. Map is massive. Probably too massive. A smaller fully urban map with more loot density would probably be a bit better. I only ran into 1 player up close and 1 I could see about 200 meters away. And a couple helis flying about.

For those of you who are complaining of no loot or lack of loot....

You are doing it wrong.

I have fresh spawned 6 times... and have had Food/weapons/Alice pack/ammo and a truck or motorcycle in a matter of 15 mins each time.

This is not a Get everything handed to you map... you have to work for it.

for those asking about getting a server... Yes you can rent a server and have it up and running in an hour or so...

Lee -- don't be a Hitler. Allow other server hosts to use this and Takistan, it shows good will with other DayZ players. Restricting these two maps to only Vilayer servers is not right.

Fallujah and Takistan are already on some private hives.

Edited by Kuolio

My character deletes all gear not on tool belt or backpack on every login, I had a hacker run in that was very epic (attempted to give me a loot box and I took an IED and blew up the building, then watched him crash airplanes onto everyone on the server, was teleported in the air when the server restarted) so wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

For those of you who are complaining of no loot or lack of loot....

You are doing it wrong.

I have fresh spawned 6 times... and have had Food/weapons/Alice pack/ammo and a truck or motorcycle in a matter of 15 mins each time.

This is not a Get everything handed to you map... you have to work for it.

for those asking about getting a server... Yes you can rent a server and have it up and running in an hour or so...

trust me , if you look for a few hours and find jackshit you are trying , its just that the map has lost so much potential and is utter bullshit as it has what 30 enter-able buildings

trust me , if you look for a few hours and find jackshit you are trying , its just that the map has lost so much potential and is utter bullshit as it has what 30 enter-able buildings

Ignore the shitty houses and find apartment row, airfield, market, or schools. Found plenty of shit my character just wont save anything.

The way I see it is that many of the people who enjoy lone wolfing chernarus (running around in the woods) are going to find that style of game play on Fallujah to be utterly boring and unrewarding once the novelty wears off. On the other hand, those who crave PVP and squad based actions are going to be in gamer heaven for quite awhile to come.

People just need to realize that every arma 2 map that gets ported over to the dayz mod (and from the sound of it there are 13 more maps being added by Lee at Vilayer as we speak) is going to have it's own strengths and weaknesses. Once we have all these new maps to choose from, what's important will be to look your own preferences in how you like to play the game and then choose a map that supports your play style (instead of simply bitching that "this" map sucks or "that' map sucks).

Map preferences are going to be very subjective depending on how you like to play the game and not every map is going to be a "great" map for everyone. Aside from fracturing the community somewhat, the new maps are going offer everyone to find that sweet spot that really suits their way of playing the game.

Things have never looked so good for the mod side of dayz as they are looking right now...

• Like 1