avid_gamer

NEW DayZ Fallujah Map Released!

Lovin Fallujah. Had alot firefights already. Car accident. Watching helos crash. So many vehicles, it's really got me amped to play again.

Nice map, but there's a VERY big problem on all Vilayer servers: there's tons of cheaters, and the sad part is that many of them are the server admins (two were literally teleporting, and when i asked them.. they said: im the admin so i can do it). Playing on their servers actually is pretty like doing PvP until a cheater will kill ya with an AS50 TWS and a solder clothing (it seems the soldier clothing is now the new official cheater vest). I think i'll wait for a single server hive, the number of cheaters there is lower due to the fact that they cannot server hopping and if they get banned they stay banned.

I really enjoyed playing this map. I only played on the airfield, but I absolutely loved it; went around killing players together with a friend of mine. Maybe a bit too much nice gear, but we had a blast.

Also, what is wrong with a snow map? I've had this idea in my head for a while: a valley in Tibet (Himalaya), with a dam, and a really big survivors camp with military security and such (ofcourse it was overrun in my background story). What'd be wrong with that. Ofcourse, it'd still be about scavenging and such, which would be as hard as in Chernarus.

When I eventually got logged into a server it was full of hackers/skiddies and wankers talking/singing/playing rubbish music on global side chat.

Been looking for a map of Fallujah and couldn't find anything (well, I couldn't find anything big enough to use), so I just put together a bunch of screenshots I took of the map and made one about 2500x2500 pixels. Here you go, enjoy: http://i.imgur.com/2...TJII.jpg Might do a bigger one later.

Edit: Looks like Imgur made it a bit smaller and lowered the quality, here is an ImageShack version: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/dayzfallujah.jpg/

Edited by BliND123
  • Like 2

Lee -- don't be a Hitler. Allow other server hosts to use this and Takistan, it shows good will with other DayZ players. Restricting these two maps to only Vilayer servers is not right.

Fallujah and Takistan are already on some private hives.

As far as I am aware they require a couple different files clientside (keys and such) so those using DayZ Commander won't be able to join them.

Considering how much of the work they are co-opting from other community members and the dayz staff the least Vilayer could do is release the mods to everyone. Even if they did it delayed where they had the maps for a week or two then let the community run them it would seem a lot less underhanded.

DayZ Fallujah

BugOutGaming will be hosting this map on our PVT Hive Server ALL welcome,

B.Y.O.B. Bring your own beans!

Admins are on, and watching.. You hack, you are banned and reported simple as that.

DayZ - US AL 1 (v1.7.2.6/Beta 96895) [Veteran|3DP:ON|CH:ON][GMT-5] dayzmod.com - hosted by BugOutGaming.com

IP: 199.116.113.51:2322

Thank you for all your work ViLayer!

Edited by Crossbow

I had a hell of a time getting Fallujah to load properly but once I used the Expansions tab at the main Arma 2 OA screen to rearrange the load order of my game / mod files it worked like a charm. This is what I see now in the upper right corner of my screen when the game first loads (in the rest of the screen you should just see ocean and the menu bar). Any other combination than these 4 items would not work for me.

Uxj96.jpg

In the expansions tab at the main screen, you can select and un-select different modules. You can also use the "move up" and "move down" buttons to move the highlighted module in the list (this tells the game in which order you want modules to load). Some of the modules cannot be unselected, I had to deselect the @DayZ module and select the @DayZFallujah to get it running.

The above is the only combination I could find that worked for me. your mileage may vary but if you can get your main screen to show the same 4 modules (IN THAT ORDER) you should be good to go. One other person I know who could not load the Fallujah servers mirrored this screenshot and was immediately able to join.

Hope this helps someone, it worked for us...

Edited by SystemiK

anyone know how gassing up works in this

You simply drive up near a fuel tank and it automatically refills your tanks. No need for jerry cans at all...

Vilayer servers are getting jacked up by the hackers tonight...4 out of 10 servers i went to had the airport blown to bits and 3 had perm night vision

It's getting worse (whenever it is possible...). Every server we joined, we found script kiddies teleporting vehicles and players away.. they were systematically joining every single server doing this.

I'm running this map on my private server as well. Multiple admins on throughout the day.

DayZFallujah - 1.0 - (UTC-6) - (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:ON) - 80 vehicles-Hosted by Tjdz4ever-Server TeamSpeak 64.31.13.66:4013 password inside

IP: 74.63.242.26:2312

Edited by Tjdz4ever

Been looking for a map of Fallujah and couldn't find anything (well, I couldn't find anything big enough to use), so I just put together a bunch of screenshots I took of the map and made one about 2500x2500 pixels. Here you go, enjoy: http://i.imgur.com/2...TJII.jpg Might do a bigger one later.

Edit: Looks like Imgur made it a bit smaller and lowered the quality, here is an ImageShack version: http://imageshack.us...yzfallujah.jpg/

Thanks for this man. I kept spawning in the wilderness with no idea where to go. You got me out.

Anyone else think the map is a bit lame.... I didn't play for long, but I was in an enormous city with literally hundreds of buildings. I could not go in one of them....

Wrote that before. I actually did find some buildings, but I just think considering how many buildings there are, there needs to be a little bit more diversity in building types and I think if DayZ is going to be at it's best all buildings need to be enter-able and have diverse interiors. I think Lingor is by far the best so far.
Edited by teknotel
  • Like 1

The map needs a revision pretty much. I don't know if they would be able to replace some of the buildings ( resusing ones that are enterable ). Even placing the airport in the middle of the city would help alot. As of right now there is no reason to go in the city.

ok you have to fix the helicopters at the hangers.....

they blow up the moment u enter the helicopter....yiz die and the hangers are destroyed.....

CRAP all my stuff is gone

Edited by Scrooge

map sucks ass. only certain buildings have loot, most of the buildings like the office buildings and apartments in chernarus are hoarded together into rows of 6 and the airfield is a joke..9 barracks i saw before i got ripped to shreds. last but not least, the map is waaayy to big its built for maybe 100 players. i suggest you save yourself some time and not even download it.

After a good days play 6 hours to be precise, I found this a bad map. The map is huge and your left running around for ages, if you thought the run from the coast to the NWAF was long, you will hate Fallujah.

I spawned first just outside the airfield, getting in was a pain as the fencing had no gaps only checkpoint access. Barracks were full of weapons and lots of them. All vehicles at this point had gone but if you see a wheel remember where. Most repairable vehicles are all shot to shit, engine scrap metal window and wheels are needed!

The city of Fallujah is massive and unfortunately too many buildings are non enterable, even those which are don't have any goods in them, normal rule of thumb, rely on those buildings you know have got loot and forget everything else, I was running everywhere for loot and it is far too spread out for a good experience. Industrial areas have a lot of hatchets. There is a medical tent area similar to the Balota one, good loot there south of the city area.

Spawning points are just mad, some are so far from the city they are a waste of time. Lots of running so get familiar with the map early on. I was dehydrating by the time I hit the city at one spawn.

This is a PVP map, due to the size you must be cautious, players can find the most mundane place to hide and camp the spot for a kill.

Not enough loot, too big, dying here is a Bad thing. The spawns are just terrible. Be wary of Zeds, they follow you like flies to shit.

Overall, this map needs some serious work, this was made badly altered for DayZ. A rush job!

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

Well, just got done putting together a bigger map. Couldn't get it on ImageShack so had to put it on Zippyshare. Here is the link, file.html

• Like 1

I have to say I have enjoyed this map greatly. Yeah the spawns can suck if all you want is the airfield but I'm a zombie killer and it's been easy to gear up for me.

The hatchet is your friend in the city, it's so dense that firing a weapon brings Walking Dead like hordes upon you. I can pretty much roam at will with the hatchet. Lose line of sight for most and the darker coloured residential buildings with interior stairs are killing zones. Run up the stairs and hatchet them as they shamble up. The construction sites are the first place to start, grab a hatchet and a toolbox and all the sodas you can. Then head into the middle of the city. There's hospitals, grocery stores, and what I imagine was the US embassy with two schools and two mansions surrounded by 2 flat apt blocks on one side, loot heaven.

Forget water bottles, use them and drop them- the fountains don't work. You seem to get sick more in this map so find a hospital and stock up on morphine and most important antibiotics. crawling around with a broken leg SUCKS in this map!

Also grab wood piles, there's no forest but you can gut animals. The cows have saved my ass twice now. Just lose any aggro then run straight out of the city, you'll find something to bbq pretty quick.