avid_gamer

NEW DayZ Fallujah Map Released!

My character won't save as well and I wish there were more residential loot spawns. Other than that this map rocks!

i found the two school buildings next to the two hospitals and there was nothing in them (the schools that is) and the hospitals had a lot of epi pens and morphine but that was it. i then wondered around the wasteland until i died of thirst.

on my second go i found a few Petrol stations and they had some things in them. never found a weapon other then an axe though.

Edited by DMC14

Lee -- don't be a Hitler. Allow other server hosts to use this and Takistan, it shows good will with other DayZ players. Restricting these two maps to only Vilayer servers is not right.

Or at least have some servers available in Australia. ya jerk.

Played for a couple of hours yesterday, so here are a few impressions from my side.

I started somewhere in the desert near an office building and some kind of new big apartment building and I already noticed that something with loot/zombie spawn times is fucked up. Sometimes it seems to take a few minutes to spawn loot/zeds, sometimes loot was already there but the zeds appear a few minutes later. I found randomly loot in the new buildings (a lot of useless types) and always at those from the Chernarus map (like supermarket, hospital etc.).

The map seems to be big and I like it to have a big city but it's also deadly monotonous. It was very boring to run across the city while everything was looking the same just finding some supermarkets/apartments/office buildings. I've not been e.g. to the airfield yet so maybe there are a few more interesting points on the map. Also it took almost 2-3 hours to see another player on a full server (40 max).

There are a lot of vehicles which I think is pretty cool. I saw 3 different types of choppers flying above the city and a lot of broken vehicles on the streets.

All in all I like the map (although it could get a little monotonous) but loot/zed spawn times have to be fixed and there need to be a much greater player count (e.g. 80+).

For those of you who are complaining of no loot or lack of loot....

You are doing it wrong.

I have fresh spawned 6 times... and have had Food/weapons/Alice pack/ammo and a truck or motorcycle in a matter of 15 mins each time.

This is not a Get everything handed to you map... you have to work for it.

for those asking about getting a server... Yes you can rent a server and have it up and running in an hour or so...

Originally I was checking each building cause they were new building types so I thought they may have loot. Once I figured out that there was only one type that I could find some basic loot (ammo, food, coke) in I only went in them when I could use some of that stuff. But I found 2 schools next to each other and 2 hospitals. Schools had 0 loot, not even tin cans. Hospitals there were well stocked but I ran into a couple others that had 0 loot. Apartments were decent and most markets were obviously decent. The big thing that put me off was making the trek to the airport where there was a bunch of hangars, ATC tower, fire station and like 20 barracks which all had 0 loot. The fact that the airport is miles outside of the main city made it a huge waste of time. My first spawn I did spawn near a military camp with the 4 deerstands (like they have near Balota) and I tried to get some loot from ti but got mauled by zombies as I had no weapon. Couldn't find where that was again once I had some gear.

I could deal with the lack of loot if the buildings that usually have loot mostly had the loot they're supposed to. But as others have said the zombie spawns were kind of messed up as well. I think they are related since if there were no zombies spawned I usually found 0 loot in the nearby buildings.

Edited by ALiborio

Is this the case again with loot, when you run, You don't get spawn triggers? But when you walk, a normal spawn?

Vehicles can alter this also, driving too fast into a spawn point won't spawn stuff? You gotta then run away and go back for spawns. I got this all the time on maps, Zeds are a give away too when spawns trigger.

From a conversion POV all them buildings and its gonna take time to set up spawns for gear and stuff. I would expect all millitary buildings to spawn regardless.

Out of interest, what are the other 13 maps? anyone have a clue?

Waiting for DayZ Commander for this, so the community can catch up.

Any idea when this will be available on DayZ Commander? I read yesterday it was supposed to be on it yesterday but i'm still waiting. Whenever I install it manually, every single server has a red circle beside it and i cannot join. It tells me keys for certain files to do with the fallujah folder are not accepted by the server, try to remove these files or get keys that are accepted. Anyone know what thats about? Arma 2 and dayz and lingor and takistan all work fine, fallujah is the only one that doesn.t

Or at least have some servers available in Australia. ya jerk.

there is a reason there are no Australia servers... Lee has no control over the way the data centers there operate... just say that if he did have servers there you would not want them..due to cost and performance from what i have heard.

Any idea when this will be available on DayZ Commander? I read yesterday it was supposed to be on it yesterday but i'm still waiting. Whenever I install it manually, every single server has a red circle beside it and i cannot join. It tells me keys for certain files to do with the fallujah folder are not accepted by the server, try to remove these files or get keys that are accepted. Anyone know what thats about? Arma 2 and dayz and lingor and takistan all work fine, fallujah is the only one that doesn.t

DayZ Commander will have it up soon.

But all you need to do is watch this video... it will work.

getting kicked out of every Fallujah server, what is this bullshit?

Same. Different patches do nothing. It takes between 5 minutes and 20 minutes.

Edited by pengs

getting kicked out of every Fallujah server, what is this bullshit?

Yeah I keep randomly being kicked. Nice to see hackers on this map too lol

<- See this picture. That is me with Fallujah in the background. Get some Marines! Most buildings were shot up, blown up, flipped upside down and inside out. Oorah!

• Like 1

Okey, tested fallujah, for about 1-2 hours.. I can barely run for 5 minutes before a hacker teleports and kills me and the other players of the server. Have never seen this amount of hackers in any game so far, this is insane and has to stop. Battleye or w/e has too make their anti cheat better. or else noone is going to buy the standalone even... fuck this imo

hi today i install the new map fallujah and after 30 min of playing i have to log out since i cant log back online on the map stuck in the loading sreen forever. i try all youtube tutorial to install it nothing work.

any one have a solution for me plz

sorry for my poor english. french my main language

For those of you who are complaining of no loot or lack of loot....

You are doing it wrong.

I have fresh spawned 6 times... and have had Food/weapons/Alice pack/ammo and a truck or motorcycle in a matter of 15 mins each time.

This is not a Get everything handed to you map... you have to work for it.

for those asking about getting a server... Yes you can rent a server and have it up and running in an hour or so...

you're doing it wrong? lol this is dayz not rocket science. you enter a building, there's loot or there's not.

granted this is in an early stage, and the servers that are up are yes indeed private hive servers, they are people running servers purchased from vilayer.com. i'm willing to bet not everybody has tweaked their servers correctly or completely enough to bring a good solid experience.

take note of the comments about monotony and the fact out of so many buildings hardly any are enterable with anything in them. these facets are from the map, while airfield spawns and heli crash site spawns not being present are an individual server issue.

Can someone please help I am getting stuck in the loading screen for ages after setup compleet :(

All ready waiting for like 20 mins ,

EDIT :

I was all ready playing on one server needed to help someone and wanne go back and this happend

Same thing here, i've even replaced all my arma2 and arma2 OA files, dayz files, and fallujah files. Nothing works, tried sever launch params, hangs on loading.

I can join lobby, start the game then...

Receiving data...

Waiting for character to create

hangs there, black screen with "loading" in the middle...

was thinking of downloading this, but all the complaints made me think otherwise sounds like a terrible port.

• Like 1

http://www.vilayer.com/@DayZFallujah.rar

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/378027/_runA2CO_beta_fallujah.rar

Download the first file... put it in your ArmA2 AO directory. (the same place you see the other @dayZ folders)

Then download the second file. Put it in same folder as the other..(in the folder with your @DayZ folders) launch with that file.

Be sure when you extract the @DayZFallujah folder....that it does not duplicate itself. (be sure when you open it..it only has an addons folder in it.

If it has another folder in it called @DayZFallujah... you did it wrong.

• Like 1

was thinking of downloading this, but all the complaints made me think otherwise sounds like a terrible port.

Good idea. Definitely don't try it for yourself and make up your mind based upon your own observations. Especially not when you can let a few random whiners decide for you...

• Like 2

There are hundreds and hundreds of players on this map.. loving it.

It is not some easy to master map though... it won't be for the casual players... You have to work for it...

Anyone who says they can't find loot ...well , they are not looking... as i said before.. i have fresh spawned 8 times now.. and within 15 mins.. i have always had food, weapons, usually found enough parts and repaired a vehicle....

I found lots of parts/weapons/food with full tool kit still with original spawn. Maybe an hr tops?