NeoTechni

When you make console versions, will that include WiiU

I'm just pretty excited at the potential uses you could have for the RemotePlay controller

Console play for Day Z? lol Yeahh ok sit tight there mate, i'm sure it will come :rolleyes:

• Like 2

last I heard Rocket was in process of talking to developers about a possible conversion or looking into it.

I hope they (Console owners) get it, It would be nice for a cross platform community, and I'm all for more people playing better games. I hope they segregate players though as I don't wanna play with them, I think consoles are Arcade machines so more choice to them is good.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/21262/xbox-vs-pc-scrapped-because-of-imbalance/

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

the dayz will not come to the WIIU maybe xbox and playstation 3 but not WIIU

Sure it can be talked about but LOOOOOONG way to it really happening.

First of all atm consoles doesnt have nearly enough "power" to run this type of game, even games like battlefield has to be scaled down hard (player count etc).

I think not even upcoming playstation and xbox will have what it takes. you talking about wiiu, lol... sry.

And even if console version comes it has to be poor ripoff of the maingame from pc platform, if you start thinking about consoles you will rape the PC gaming experience.. more or less.

Well, here's the problem: It would never be the same. It would be like taking BF2: Project Reality and putting it on consoles. By removing the community aspect of the game, you've removed 50% of it's appeal. Also, the scaling down that would be required (ArmA 2 can barely run on PCs, let alone consoles, and the DayZ standalone will be based on the ArmA 3 engine) would be massive and insane. It would require a completely new engine design.

So you would get a vaguely "similar" game. But not the same one.

Okay console kids, you proved us wrong.

But face it: how likely is it that they'll ACTUALLY release a Day-Z on consoles?

Almost every key is used on the keyboard already, console will be extremely dumbed down and won't be nearly as fun even IF released.

maybe for wiiU but proboly not wii becuase it cant handle bf3 its prob cant handle DayZ and all its awesomeness thats why i got an xbox360!

I don't remember where I read it, but I know it was in an interview or something. Rocket said he was interested in developing Day Z for the console. However he also said that he wanted it fully developed and coded for PC first as it was intended.

Probably because of the restrictions consoles have due to their hardware. He doesn't want to have to compromise his vision of the game.

So yes, after Day Z is finished for PC, consoles may have a chance at a port. However, consoles are extremely limited and be prepared for a watered down game. Look at BF3, it's a great game but it was watered down for console. And the experience between the small console matches and the large PC matches are extremely different. The servers and the console hardware just have trouble handling multiplayer games with massive maps. Especially sandbox ones. As far as WiiU, I really don't think it will be able to handle it but only time will tell.

So in short, Yes he's interested in porting it to the console after the PC version is done. However, don't expect it to stack up to the PC version in graphics, size, nor feature wise.

Maybe the console could just be single player, like fallout, gta, and skyrim (Long Live the Dark Brotherhood)

Possible, but I doubt it. Normally with a game, it just gets downsized. You'd have to re-do EVERYTHING in order to make it fun if it went singleplayer. Player on player interaction is basically what this game is about. Playing alone would get boring quick. They'd have to add a story, quests, this and that. At that point, might as well just develop a new game because it's no longer Day Z..

Well, here's the problem: It would never be the same. It would be like taking BF2: Project Reality and putting it on consoles. By removing the community aspect of the game, you've removed 50% of it's appeal. Also, the scaling down that would be required (ArmA 2 can barely run on PCs, let alone consoles, and the DayZ standalone will be based on the ArmA 3 engine) would be massive and insane. It would require a completely new engine design.

So you would get a vaguely "similar" game. But not the same one.

Take on helicopters revision of the engine. Not A3.

Nah. I read that the WiiU processor sucks. Arma 2 and games like it (such as DayZ) use a lot of processing power.

It wouldn't be possible for Nintendo, without it being an arcade experience, which is not what DayZ is about. DayZ is unique even on the P.C. so I don't think Nintendo has the market for it. Even with future consoles they would have to be extraordinary.

the only adults I know use the Wii, for is a friday night piss up with Kareoke, It's good fun try it!! the new controller is nice and offers some possibilities but as stated could it cope with all the controls?

Lets see how the Zombie U turns out?

It could be released as Mincraft is on the Ipad? scaled down, basics all there but not the whole package? I would be dissapointed though as many would and I'd certainly get pissed if what I ordered wasn't what I was expecting. I thought Dead Island would be the game I was waiting for, But imo it wasn't, good game but not real enough to invoke the feelings and atmosphere of an apocalypse.

Why are some being so hostile towards this plan? They did it with Minecraft, and while the 360 version is waiting for the newer updates to stack it up towards the PC version, it didn't "rape" the PC version's support. Most indie games, once they become really popular, end up appealing to the masses. But I am really not worried.

last I heard Rocket was in process of talking to developers about a possible conversion or looking into it.

I hope they (Console owners) get it, It would be nice for a cross platform community, and I'm all for more people playing better games. I hope they segregate players though as I don't wanna play with them, I think consoles are Arcade machines so more choice to them is good.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...e-of-imbalance/

Planning and doing are two different things...yes he will get a lot of customers this way but i bet the view distance would be reduced to about 200m with "fog" to create an atmosphere of fear like in every other zombie shooter.

But i doubt this will actually be made that fast because with all the potential DayZ doesn't even have 10% of what you can do in f.e. Dead Island. The engine is as buggy as the one used in Dead Island or at least that's what i last heard about Dead Island but i never really encountered severe bugs, graphics is solala on consoles it may be even worse ( maybe an upped version of medium settings all over ), Dead Islands melee system rocks but shooting is not realistic, ArmA gives an almost realistic shooting experience but was never ever planned for melee. etc... they have a long road until they can actually bring it on consoles.

Bohemia interactive probabliy has not bought a Developmente Kit for the WiiU, so no. It costs a lot, including the papers that let them produce for the WiiU.

So yes, after Day Z is finished for PC, consoles may have a chance at a port. However, consoles are extremely limited and be prepared for a watered down game. Look at BF3, it's a great game but it was watered down for console. And the experience between the small console matches and the large PC matches are extremely different. The servers and the console hardware just have trouble handling multiplayer games with massive maps.

Depends. The PS3 runs Mag, a 64/64 player online game. The biggest problem with running large multiplayer maps for consoles is network stability since, for the most part, they have to use proprietary networks that are probably running at capacity. Graphically, though, a game with as little meat on its bones as Arma II would run pretty easily on a console since most of the power I've noticed goes into specific Post-Processing effects.

• Like 1

I don't understand why so many people are hostile to this. I plan on getting PC version and PS3 version, and anyway BazBake is right most power goes into Post-Processing effects, which I can do without.

There is more behind the game than you think. ArmA 2 is very CPU demanding. The consoles might have multiple processors, you need some power to calculate every bullet, every effect it has etc...the bottleneck would be the graphics and the ram that is needed, plus the network issues with lots of players.